Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Fire Emblem Warriors is fun y'all. I like the Pair Up mechanic, the Weapon Triangle integration and being able to tell your dudes to go kill someone.

It is cool and good. The roster may be random but I love Chrom and Lyn so I'm happy.

It's also great that characters I didn't really like in awakening like lissa are actually completely badass in this! She's my MVP with her big swirly axe

Co op mode is fun too

nerd_of_prey fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Oct 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Anyone else have issues with their TV/monitor not automatically changing to the right channel when the switch is turned on since the 4.0.0 update?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

Fire Emblem Warriors is fun y'all. I like the Pair Up mechanic, the Weapon Triangle integration and being able to tell your dudes to go kill someone.

I feel like those three mechanics work well in a Warriors game and hope they stay for future titles.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Commanding your dudes is a big thing in the Empires games and recent Samurai Warriors games. Dynasty Warriors proper tried a weapon triangle like thing but its way less good that what Fire Emblem Warriors has.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Frankston posted:

Anyone else have issues with their TV/monitor not automatically changing to the right channel when the switch is turned on since the 4.0.0 update?

I've not noticed any issues (using an LG 27EA63 monitor), at the least.

Edit: Man, that Stardew Valley. The games got its hooks into me gooooooood.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Rented Mario+Rabbids last night. Glad I didn't buy it. While it's really cute and super polished, obviously made with love and care, the gameplay just isn't "fun" to me, and I usually love turn based strategy. Didn't love or hate it. I did love the music though.

If I had to guess it was that it felt more like a puzzle game than a strategy game. Like there was an intended solution or strategy to each battle, a "correct" way to do it, because you could set up 100% chance shots, that was always the correct way to do it.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Did you ever consider this might be something they'll fix?

I did.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I feel like those three mechanics work well in a Warriors game and hope they stay for future titles.

The Weapon Triangle was in Dynasty Warriors 7, and general commands have been in other Warriors titles. The AI just happens to be very good in this game, which helps a lot!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Imagined posted:

Rented Mario+Rabbids last night. Glad I didn't buy it. While it's really cute and super polished, obviously made with love and care, the gameplay just isn't "fun" to me, and I usually love turn based strategy. Didn't love or hate it. I did love the music though.

If I had to guess it was that it felt more like a puzzle game than a strategy game. Like there was an intended solution or strategy to each battle, a "correct" way to do it, because you could set up 100% chance shots, that was always the correct way to do it.

Keep playing a bit further, it gets much more intense as you encounter more enemy types. The game softballs in the basic mechanics, and then it gets pretty drat challenging at times.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Also there's multiple solutions to all the story missions. Admittedly several of the challenges seem tailored to one solution, but you shouldn't feel too restricted by the design most of the time. It'll open up once you've got a few characters to swap between.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Do USB headsets work plugged into the dock?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The dock should be enough to power them. But it's only a charging port. It doesn't see things.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Waltzing Along posted:

The dock should be enough to power them. But it's only a charging port. It doesn't see things.

The 4.0 system firmware reportedly added support for wireless headsets with USB dongles when plugged into the dock (not in the patch notes ofc). A few posters ITT have tested it and claimed that it works. If anyone mentioned a wired USB headset I must have missed it.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

They certainly are not just charging ports, usb ethernet adapters worked since launch

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Someone upthread mentioned their PS4 Gold headset worked on the Switch now, presumably only for audio and not as a mic though

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Imagined posted:

This is true, in fact there are some challenge levels where you only have one turn and have to figure out what stats you should max on your skill tree, and what enemies you have to lure into better positions in order for Mario to reach the goal

But in most battles, it plays out like a game of chess wherein you figure out how best to position to minimize the damage you're taking and take as much damage from the enemy as possible during a turn, and it becomes a case of just being fastidious enough to do this every round until you win

For some rounds, you go in with the expectation of losing so you can figure out how the battle will play out and do it right the next time

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope my 256gb card comes today. Amazon says so

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

a.lo posted:

I hope my 256gb card comes today. Amazon says so

I hops so too

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Tatsuta Age posted:

I hops so too

Are you waiting by their mailbox to steal it?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

you don't want to do that with me

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
pay ya $10 to steal that guys SD card from the mail

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

a.lo posted:

you don't want to do that with me

Heck, I bet the delivery person just keeps it for themselves.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Waltzing Along posted:

How does it feel to be super duper wrong

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Coldforge posted:

Heck, I bet the delivery person just keeps it for themselves.

i have a replica intercontinental championship belt over my shoulder

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Fire Emblem Warriors chat should stop as I'm very close to purchasing the game. I played One Piece Warriors for a ridiculous amount of time.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

JackDarko posted:

Fire Emblem Warriors chat should stop as I'm very close to purchasing the game. I played One Piece Warriors for a ridiculous amount of time.

You should get it, it's very good

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Infinitum posted:

Looking forward to seeing how good or crappy this Halloween Sale is on Tuesday.

I hope we see some deep rear end discounts trying to get your dollar before SMO hits.

PPT and Blaster Master sales, please.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You should get it, it's very good

drat it, why am I so weak.

:negative:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Looking forward to Hyrule Warriors 2.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Super Smash Warriors thanks.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
It is good, the complaints I have with it dont really stop it from being good, they just stop it from being what it could have been

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Mushroom Kingdon Princess Warriors based on this:

https://twitter.com/Skirtzzz/status/908772780224606208

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VJcNZ6_hdY

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

FEW is weird because when I think about it, I dislike it (recycled movesets, not crazy about the roster, weapon triangle can be annoying with how few lancers/axes you get, all the characters from fate are wack as gently caress), but when I play it I have a blast. The characters feel strong and being able to send your army to sweep across the map like a wave of death is good. It's a good game, yeah

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Fluffy posted:

PPT and Blaster Master sales, please.

Ppt was on sale 2 weeks ago

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I would play Papers Please on the Switch

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Awesome. Heard great things about this game. How’s it compare to Binding of Isaac?

Macaluso posted:

I would play Papers Please on the Switch

:same:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Papers please is so boring

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

SeANMcBAY posted:

Awesome. Heard great things about this game. How’s it compare to Binding of Isaac?

:same:

It’s fun, I like Isaac better because Gungeon has less synergy between items, but the combat is maybe more fun in Gungeon because of dodge rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How good are you at Isaac?

Cause Gungeon is a hell of a lot harder.
(This is a good thing)

• Locked thread