Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Skoll posted:

My father didn't like it for the same reason, I thought he was nuts. The movie is a 2 hour long adrenaline rush with a great soundtrack.

I know a lot of Chinese who don't like Fury Road. They really don't like the "punk" style and never got exposed to it their youth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Skoll posted:

My father didn't like it for the same reason, I thought he was nuts. The movie is a 2 hour long adrenaline rush with a great soundtrack.

Did they watch it in a theater or did they watch it on a tiny screen with crappy speakers at home?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Because nobody of note is actually mad and the wolfenstein publisher is the one paying the pr firm to promote their game. Im guessing Farcry 5 isn't out yet so they will savw their big publicity push for the release date

I have to correct you here because nobody of note has ever been mad about a video game. Ever.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Skoll posted:

It's a lot of action, I just lost interest because I felt the story line was super thin. I've never bothered to watch the other Mad Max movies either, but from what I understand of them, they would probably equally bore me.

I cut out where they had driven the semi into the canyon, and at that point it had been a solid 45 minutes of "fight fight fight while escaping captors", and I just didn't care anymore.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

"Male feminist" is pretty much the same thing as a "nice guy": not actually the thing they are named after. And a nice guy is basically just a socially conservative male feminist.

Like the sort of men who moderate their presence in the room to make room for female input, while making sure everyone knows they're doing it? I haven't met a lot of these insufferable idiots but I'd probably despise them at sight

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
as an ally i,

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay, guys. I think it's time we let female posters voice their opinions.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

On the other hand if you let the neogafers in it would replenish the stock of brokebrained LP posters ready to cry and fall on their swords at the tiniest imagined offense, which is always a good comedy spectacle.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

whatever7 posted:

I know a lot of Chinese who don't like Fury Road. They really don't like the "punk" style and never got exposed to it their youth.

That's nuts because from what I've seen of China, it might as well be Fury Road.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Did they watch it in a theater or did they watch it on a tiny screen with crappy speakers at home?

Nah, we went to see it when it came out. We've always gone to see action movies together since Terminator 2 came out in theaters, just a father-son thing.

XK posted:

It's a lot of action, I just lost interest because I felt the story line was super thin. I've never bothered to watch the other Mad Max movies either, but from what I understand of them, they would probably equally bore me.

I cut out where they had driven the semi into the canyon, and at that point it had been a solid 45 minutes of "fight fight fight while escaping captors", and I just didn't care anymore.

I can understand that. You should at least give the first Mad Max a go as it's a proper 70s revenge tale. Takes a little bit to get going but it does a lot of world building so you understand how everything is hosed up in that universe.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I wish I worked at the crisis management company that is probably right now wringing many tens of thousands of dollars out of Tyler

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

shadow puppet of a posted:

I wish I worked at the crisis management company that is probably right now wringing many tens of thousands of dollars out of Tyler

crisis management company: have you tried going back in time and not raping

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I was wondering where the ghosts in super mario go when he gets a superstar and kills them but now that neogaf is gone i will never know.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Seriously, I used to think that people offended by Wolfenstein were some elaborate trolls, but they are real insane people that now think their opinions are more acceptable just because a bunch of people vote red no matter what.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

lmao

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

eonwe posted:

crisis management company: have you tried going back in time and not raping

crisis management company: here is another seventeen page contract pushed in front of you to fund the creation of a time machine through a subsidiary one of our executive vice presidents owns.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Paladinus posted:

Seriously, I used to think that people offended by Wolfenstein were some elaborate trolls, but they are real insane people that now think their opinions are more acceptable just because a bunch of people vote red no matter what.

Holy poo poo

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Paladinus posted:

Okay, guys. I think it's time we let female posters voice their opinions.

i am a white male cishet that identifies and feminist and feminism is about making men and women equal so by the transitive property I am actually a women.

I have nothing to contribute here but it's important for me to say all those things.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Do you think EL is smart enough to get a make peace statement out of the accuser and save what's left of the forum?

Or he has to sell his apartment and "walk the earth" from now on?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He passed up 10 million dollars for his dying forum so I would say he is not smart.

Even the Ebaumsworld guy successfully cashed out.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Don’t really care about any of this to be honest. If you’re in your 20s and still play video games daily then you are an adolescent, mentally, and should not be respected.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wizard Master posted:

Don’t really care about any of this to be honest. If you’re in your 20s and still play video games daily then you are an adolescent, mentally, and should not be respected.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Paladinus posted:

link to article please. i need to sent this poo poo to my friend.

and yeah. i have been saying it for a while. the alt right is full of insane wannabe nazis who are too cowardly and get triggered by a giant jewish man blowing away digital nazis.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?

whatever7 posted:

Do you think EL is smart enough to get a make peace statement out of the accuser and save what's left of the forum?

hope he walks off a cliff

also he definitely is not smart enough

i think it was posted on an earlier page but i think he tried to sell the story to the mods of the forum that she was part of some sex cult thing

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Wizard Master posted:

It's okay for people to have fun in ways that you don't like.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

whatever7 posted:

lol gently caress no. he will double down and gently caress them all including himself.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Paladinus posted:

If you are forming your image of reality from the Huffington Post then you are doing it wrong

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Lol

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

ugh its Troika posted:

He passed up 10 million dollars for his dying forum so I would say he is not smart.

lowtax if someone offers you 10 million for this place take it please on the condition the trump newbie avatar stays indefinitely

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

and yeah. i have been saying it for a while. the alt right is full of insane wannabe nazis who are too cowardly and get triggered by a giant jewish man blowing away digital nazis.

Here you go.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/attempted-homicide-richard-spencer-speech-gainesville-florida_us_59ea766ae4b0958c468228ff

This is good.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Sai-kun posted:

hope he walks off a cliff

also he definitely is not smart enough

i think it was posted on an earlier page but i think he tried to sell the story to the mods of the forum that she was part of some sex cult thing

Well that was pretty dumb whatever money he has left after this she could probably snatch the rest in a lawsuit for knowingly lying about her and thats pretty easy to prove since its his attempt to cover up an actual crime.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

ugh its Troika posted:

Sick stealth own on Lowtax

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I had to wait a year for my account to get approved and then I got banned for posting the 720p logo in the Xbox One announcement thread

Guess I’m 50/50 on all this

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ugh its Troika posted:

The ebaumsworld guy was always 100% in it for thr money do of course he did.

This guy had an ego and a weird political agenda

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dapper_Swindler posted:

oh no no no, it’s all marketing. i can assure you, as an early 30s manchild who never leaves the house, that no REAL people are offended by Wolfenstein, as sure as i am that Lightning has hair on her toes

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I had no idea neogaf was a thing, but can totally believe that something like this happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

• Locked thread