Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

PC version is out in 2 days. There's no event going. Iron banner just ended. Trials was cut for two weeks. I'm just not seeing why people are shocked?

But okay everything is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
lmao kiosks, didn't realise that i had accidentally opened reddit

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

tqilamknbrd posted:

lmao kiosks, didn't realise that i had accidentally opened reddit

Go on...

In a game with fixed rolls where there's already an exotic "kiosk" I don't see why there isn't one for legendary guns and armor.?.?.? Why are we treating fixed roll guns just as items and not also an unlock?

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 22, 2017

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

D2 is.......... good?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

`Destiny 2: Don't bring a nerf gun to a knife fight

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
The real endgame is finding an SNES classic and playing that all winter

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

the good fax machine posted:

The real endgame is finding an SNES classic and playing that all winter

it's good

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

deadwing posted:

D2 is.......... good?

Went 5-1 last night in QP as a two stack last night, helped a buddy and his wife get their rat kings, finished a prestige today with another couple buddies with 2 seconds to spare, chilled with the kid and did flashpoint with him.

This game is loving awful. Literally the worst.

Edit: finally got a tracking launcher today! :toot:

Edit 2: I mean :suicide:

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

But... Friends?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Hitlers. All of them.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Lucky friends are the end game. Nothing else to do

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I am sad to not enjoy your trials footage for the next two weeks :(

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hope Destiny implements a Battle Royale mode. They can be very fun.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

I had the sudden, deep urge to understand just how OP the legend of acrius is in PVP so I made a short montage on it and only it! It’s short, sweet, and has mad collateral damage double kills in slo-mo! Check it out: https://youtu.be/rHjf_-EpLaI

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Is this some kind of lore talk?

I ain’t got time for no lore in my space barbies.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Captain Log posted:

Is this some kind of lore talk?

I ain’t got time for no lore in my space barbies.

Those season 2 ghosts look pretty sweet.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/21/destiny-2-heres-a-recap-on-seasons-and-a-look-at-some-cool-new-ships-ghosts-and-the-dawning-gear/

Also this

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

cvnvcnv posted:

I've been wanting to upload some asinine Acrius stunting but CE-39896-5 error I can find no solve for :negative:

Try putting it into sharefactory first. That’s what I did.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
that ship has loving streamers

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Now if they'd only put that much effort into things that aren't locked behind loot boxes

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Balthesar posted:

that ship has loving streamers

I miss my gigantic space bus from D1 IB.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
My one really legitimate complaint about d2 is that there arent any unique loots linked to specific things. Like the fallen cape in 1 or the vog ships/sparrow. I miss rolling the dice on a run for something cool.

That being said gently caress yes best sparrow model coming back. Uh yay streaming eagle? Uh wtf disco ghost.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

hiddenriverninja posted:

If you can find some way to resurrect the Speaker :(

Also fucksticks

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

the good fax machine posted:

Now if they'd only put that much effort into things that aren't locked behind loot boxes

or even make any of such things not locked behind loot boxes

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah not a single ship or sparrow comes from anything but the eververse. That's bad.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So what are all the auras you can get right now? I only know of the prestige nightfall one.

Norns posted:

Yeah not a single ship or sparrow comes from anything but the eververse. That's bad.

I also miss my sparrow that would blow itself up from Atheon.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

RBA Starblade posted:

So what are all the auras you can get right now? I only know of the prestige nightfall one.

flawless trials and prestige raid too

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It’s not like you have to buy the loot boxes though you get plenty just for playing

Like some of yalls complaints are fine and fair but cosmetic items being in loot boxes players can earn seems a little :shrug:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Missed it, not really PVP person but still curious, why'd they close trials for two weeks

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Because of an emote

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
They took out all the ship and speeder rewards

And Lol if you don't see how making all armor cosmetic and then selling armor for irl bucks is bad. Most of what they talked about was loot box poo poo

Never mind that the only redeeming pvp for many people is cancelled for 2 weeks because of how deep the micro transaction hooks are

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's technically easier to poopsock that cosmetic poo poo now than it was in D1 if you really want to. Bright engrams have no weekly cap while in D1 all the "prestigious" stuff was behind a raid or a time limited event.

I mean I feel bad for you if you feel obligated to farm 50 bright engrams a week because you gotta be one sad basement dweller to pull it off, but the possibility is definitely there.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

And Lol if you don't see how making all armor cosmetic and then selling armor for irl bucks is bad. Most of what they talked about was loot box poo poo

Never mind that the only redeeming pvp for many people is cancelled for 2 weeks because of how deep the micro transaction hooks are

I mean they have already come out and talked about how the game is now about collecting sets of armour for the look alone. It's literally space barbies now.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I haven't played in 2 weeks, what is there to bring me back and or what has changed in those two weeks other than apparently an entire game mode being pulled because of what seems to be an emote

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Hamelekim posted:

I mean they have already come out and talked about how the game is now about collecting sets of armour for the look alone. It's literally space barbies now.

Then why is it so goddamn hard to get the Io armor sets? Asher Mir is a stingy rear end in a top hat, and it sucks extra hard because his Hunter gear is probably the best recovery stat stuff in the game.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

To the pictured items -

Yes

gently caress no

Yes

Nah

Oh that emote is pretty cool...

-

Y'all remember we got about three years of play out of the first one, right?

Everything will be OK. Bungie just has to unbreak stuff for a few months.

When I "quit" D1 for three or four months and came back it felt like a different game.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I’m fine with armor being mostly cosmetic. Who cares how you look. Let the dorks who care care

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

FishBulb posted:

I’m fine with armor being mostly cosmetic. Who cares how you look. Let the dorks who care care

SPACE BARBIE CARES! YOU MONSTER!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

haveblue posted:

Mars Needs Women first please

Without a breath of irony, this though

And also Waldo World Arena because FFA King of the Hill would be insane on smaller maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Wait when was destiny not about space barbies?