Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I got to watch that game in a bar full of Green Bay fans.

Owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I may be going out on a limb here, but I'm starting to think that the Saints might be a bit better than terrible.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

A.o.D. posted:

I may be going out on a limb here, but I'm starting to think that the Saints might be a bit better than terrible.
Mediocre is the word you're looking for. But hey, that might be enough to get to the playoffs in the NFC!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Sent from my iPad posted:

Mediocre is the word you're looking for. But hey, that might be enough to get to the playoffs in the NFC!

Mediocre wins the south this year!

nah
Mar 16, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

Mediocre wins the Super Bowl this year!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
First place in the NFC South! (for now) :dance:

I can't remember the last time that happened. 2013, maybe?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

First place in the NFC South! (for now) :dance:

I can't remember the last time that happened. 2013, maybe?

No way Atlanta is winning this game so you will enjoy it for at least another week.

And you're probably right GirlKisser!

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

zimbomonkey posted:

Ron Rivera: "This game came down to three plays."

Iow if the Panthers hadn't given up the two touchdowns off turnovers and had kicked instead of the fourth down draw play, it would have been a successful day.

gently caress you Ron.

I'm usually the last to criticize Ron no matter how bone-headed and conservative he is, but gently caress this.
You had 40 minutes to score points and walked away with only a FG, take some responsibility.

I'm not naive enough to think that they'll fire anyone in the middle of the season while still having a winning record, but something's got to give.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Atlanta totally could win this game, or they could get destroyed.... or anywhere in between.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Atlanta totally could win this game, or they could get destroyed.... or anywhere in between.

I don't think they'll get destroyed. If they lose it'll be a last minute heartbreaker. Most likely on the final play of the game. :smithicide:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Cool this is what ATL does now. Negate interceptions with roughing the passer calls.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
falcons might actually be the worst team in football right now

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I might turn this off, this is tragic

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I might turn this off, this is tragic

I never turned it on :smug:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
3-13 guaranteed

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The offense is traaaaaaaash, the pats d is god awful, going for it on 4th and long in the first half multiple times.

Coaches don't trust the defense or the offense.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

The offense is traaaaaaaash, the pats d is god awful, going for it on 4th and long in the first half multiple times.

Coaches don't trust the defense or the offense.

The Sark hire just looks more and more trashy by the week.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

weird Asian candy posted:

The Sark hire just looks more and more trashy by the week.
If I had to spend every day making conversation with Matt Ryan I’d be a degenerate alcoholic, too.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

When your offense is the best in the league and you replace your OC it’s almost always gonna be a step back.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Its a loving fog bowl!!!! Yisssss

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

When your offense is the best in the league and you replace your OC it’s almost always gonna be a step back.

Sark pushed our offense down the stairs.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
even bryant sucks now

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chilichimp posted:

Sark pushed our offense down the stairs.

It’s easy for forget but Shanahan’s first year wasn’t great either.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Aaaaaaaand off. I predict a midseason firing for sark.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Aaaaaaaand off. I predict a midseason firing for sark.

That bad huh? So just checked the score on the yahoo sports app. lol. We haven't scored in almost 5 full quarters.

:laffo:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

With the reigning mvp, Julio Jones (who we cannot target in the red zone), one of the best olines in the league, the best rb tandem in the league, and one of the best wr corps in the league behind Julio.

Sark has to go.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
they genuinely look like they just don't give a poo poo and are doing their 8-5 to collect a check

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I will hate lobster son forever for that superbowl loss, but I think I hate him more for leaving.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

I will hate lobster son forever for that superbowl loss, but I think I hate him more for leaving.

He has escaped. You, however, remain trapped.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Steve Sarkisian has turned Matt Ryan and Julio Jones into Garbage Time Talents.

I loving hate this hire.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It's genuinely impressive that in both a physical and metaphorical sense I could not see the talent on the field.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

It's genuinely impressive that in both a physical and metaphorical sense I could not see the talent on the field.

get used to it. he's a Project Hire so he'll last a couple years

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Barudak posted:

It's so loving weird. The players are all the same, and the offense is just gone.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
quoted wrong person but what the gently caress ever who cares it's all loving trash and I might as well engrave 28-3 into my loving face so retards can spout it for the next fifty loving years at which point they'll find a way to gently caress up worse

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s easy for forget but Shanahan’s first year wasn’t great either.

His last game was also somewhat lacking, I’d say.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

steve sarkisian got fired from his last job for being an alcoholic and the falcons gave him an important job lmao

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Alaois posted:

steve sarkisian got fired from his last job for being an alcoholic and the falcons gave him an important job lmao

as long as he blows below a .283 the interlock lets him coach

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Barudak posted:

Lol

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
I'm no expert lads, what with being a new fan, but we hire a new offensive coordinator and we go from best offense in nfl to utter poo poo. Is there some sort of issue here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Serotonin posted:

I'm no expert lads, what with being a new fan, but we hire a new offensive coordinator and we go from best offense in nfl to utter poo poo. Is there some sort of issue here?

We didn't even hire a new offensive coordinator and had it happen!

• Locked thread