Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
SCH does have more oGCD heals, but it doesn't have the issue AST does with oGCDs for two reasons. First, they can weave basically on demand with Ruin 2 or Miasma 2. Second, they don't need to triple weave in one GCD. Aspected Bene is often used as a spot to draw cards, but it's only one GCD, and likely the tank won't need another the very next GCD. On the other hand, it is fairly common that you'll want to Redraw. So you end up going something like A. Bene -> Draw -> Redraw -> Royal Road -> Malefic 3. The result of this combo is that the Royal Road will clip your Malefic 3, which is where the complaint comes in.

This gets further complicated with stuff like Sleeve Draw. What a lot of parse chasing ASTs do is they use Lightspeed when they Sleeve Draw, because the damage penalty of Lightspeed is thought to be less than the damage lost from clipping your Malefics. Unfortunately, Lightspeed doesn't have the same cooldown as Sleeve Draw unless you use Essential Dignity on cooldown, and this is a bit of a sore spot for people really ambitious about getting the most out of their ASTs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Mordiceius posted:

Current people with invite rights to Monty Hall Problem linkshell are:

PBC:
Mordiceius Ketsumei
Eskra Lahmli
Ferrinus Prime

DGKK:
Queeb Uguu
Azer Bahn
Zeus Carver

TPT:
Cirina Dazkar
Aeona Xion
Gus Hobbleton

quoting this for later

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

SL the Pyro posted:

Addendum to previous request for static members: we've reached the point of desperation where we're willing to drag interested goons through O4S to fill out the static for Ultimate. We still require two healers and a tank (both listed subs are unavailable). If you want into Ultimate and need an O4S clear, message me (Skullcrusher Mountain in-game, Concrete Drinker in Discord) or post in the thread before Monday night at 8 PM PST / 11 PM EST (which is when we run).

https://catgirl.bargains/topic/213-ultimania-goon-static-extreme-savage-ultimate/

If you have concerns about it being a bunch of ultra serious angry nerds, I can safely tell you that these guys are pretty chill. Mistakes get noted, but it isn't in a condescending dick kind of way by any stretch.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
I envy anyone who can confidently join a raid static; I'm just not certain enough of my own abilities in mechanically-demanding content to take the leap. I've shied away from savage content in the past for that reason.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

CeallaSo posted:

I envy anyone who can confidently join a raid static; I'm just not certain enough of my own abilities in mechanically-demanding content to take the leap. I've shied away from savage content in the past for that reason.

I'm too nervous to pony hunt arr ex content, no way in hell I could be a raider

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

CeallaSo posted:

When i joined my static I was a nervous wreck and I loving sucked at the game. Now I am the raid leader and rule the land with my video game warband each of whom are like family that I want to spike their stupid faces into the dirt every other week for being bad. It's great.

Anyway, if you have enough introspection to worry about being bad, then you probably have enough to try and improve which is all most goon groups usually ask for (though maybe ultimate coil isn't the best starting point)

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Every static I see in the PF is looking for people with O4S experience and I can't even find an O2S Learning Party to get a completion :negative:

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I often wonder about that too. Susano and Lakshmi were the first ex primals where I jumped in with the rest of the world and got them down while they were still current, but from what I stand they were both unusually easy. I kept meaning to find time to dip a toe into Omega since I heard OS1 and OS2 weren't too bad but it never happened, dissertation stuff got in the way. Now I'm just looking at Shinryu party finder messages and trembling all the time.

Also, I fantasiad on a whim from au'ra to lalafell, and I'm pretty happy with it. Bulky armor looks better because everything is squashed and bite-sized so weirdly proportioned bits don't jump out as much. It's weird being as big as a carbuncle though, and I've occasionally messed up mechanics just because i lose sight of myself in the fracas.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

CeallaSo posted:

You know, I was talking about throwing together a Deltascape Savage linkshell/static for newbies, slows, and filthy casuals in Discord the other night. I have no idea if there'd be any interest in it, but it is quite hard to get into that stuff if you haven't unlocked it within a week of it launching, since established statics will usually tell you to go away and Raid/Party Finder is ehhhhhhhhhh.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
I always wanted to do end game, but my playtime was always too sporadic for any sort of scheduled runs. I generally just end up doing it when goons rush me thru the content to get bonus tomes.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
So I'm on PS4, is the server busy now?

I keep getting a white screen when I load up the application and getting a time-out on the log-in screen. My connection is working, it's just FFXIV that doesn't want to play nice.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

You know, I was talking about throwing together a Deltascape Savage linkshell/static for newbies, slows, and filthy casuals in Discord the other night. I have no idea if there'd be any interest in it, but it is quite hard to get into that stuff if you haven't unlocked it within a week of it launching, since established statics will usually tell you to go away and Raid/Party Finder is ehhhhhhhhhh.

I was thinking about opening casual fridays up to other people so they could form more raid teams/pools of alternates.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I would be interested in that. I always wanted to try Omega Savage and just never had the time.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I'd be down.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Archyduke posted:

Also, I fantasiad on a whim from au'ra to lalafell, and I'm pretty happy with it. Bulky armor looks better because everything is squashed and bite-sized so weirdly proportioned bits don't jump out as much. It's weird being as big as a carbuncle though, and I've occasionally messed up mechanics just because i lose sight of myself in the fracas.

Embrace it.
https://twitter.com/saku_co_/status/921795877617811461

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
shinryu's a pretty good starting point--it's somewhere in between o2s and o3s in mechanical complexity (though the dps requirement is substantially lower) and there's no MUST HAVE O4S ON FARM requirement in party finders. obviously party finder isn't the best place to actually clear the fight anymore, but it'll let you get a taste of what endgame is like.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Leveling up my Dark Knight in command missions to 50 atm, and just did the level 45 quest.

So uh, I'm like 90% sure Fray is some hosed up repressed fragment of my psyche that manifested itself when I picked up the Soul Crystal

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bolow posted:

Leveling up my Dark Knight in command missions to 50 atm, and just did the level 45 quest.

So uh, I'm like 90% sure Fray is some hosed up repressed fragment of my psyche that manifested itself when I picked up the Soul Crystal

dark knight story quests to 50 loving own. 60-70 are really amazing too.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Game is 2spooky.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I didn't notice until the 45 or 50 DRK quest that Fray's gender matched my catlady's, which I wrote off despite being initially sure Fray was male. Once I did the 50 quest I loving freaked out when I realized what had happened.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

dark knight story quests to 50 loving own. 60-70 are really amazing too.

The 50-60 DRK quests are better than average too, if only for the last one. But the first and third set of quests are seriously the best.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm doing DRK as my next 70 and so far the new quests have been great.

And while we're on the subject, I just got GSM to 70. (Last quest) Nanamo was geeking out so hard over her new mini-orchestrion. :3:

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I'd totally be up for that until my actual static gets off the ground

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I'd be interested in this too, my work schedule is super chaotic so I can't ever commit to a set raid time and trying to PF things is a nightmare.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Item list, please and thank you

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Lizard Wizard posted:

Item list, please and thank you

Looks like the wolf set from this all saints wake and the witch gloves from two years ago/the cash shop

E: oh the pants aren't from the wolf set are they?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So got my DRK to 50, and that 50 quest was real good. Mechanically though what the gently caress is this class. I just straight up don't have an aoe ability besides this piss weak Unleash thing and Dark Passenger which is on a 30 second cooldown until the mid 50's. The blood gauge is apparently completely useless until I hit 62. Oh and Dark Arts is tedious as poo poo to hit over and over and over and over again. Also is there a reason, at least at my level to ever exit out of Dark Side?

It's kind of jarring to go from Warrior to this

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Bolow posted:

Yeah I hit like 46 or so and I'm right there with you. It was only in the 45 quest did I strongly notice nobody talked to or acknowledged Fray. And everything he said, the NPCs reacted as if the WoL said it. I'm sure that must be true of the earlier quests, but I swear I saw other NPCs at least turning their head toward Fray before.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Bolow posted:

So got my DRK to 50, and that 50 quest was real good. Mechanically though what the gently caress is this class. I just straight up don't have an aoe ability besides this piss weak Unleash thing and Dark Passenger which is on a 30 second cooldown until the mid 50's. The blood gauge is apparently completely useless until I hit 62. Oh and Dark Arts is tedious as poo poo to hit over and over and over and over again. Also is there a reason, at least at my level to ever exit out of Dark Side?

Dark Knight, being an expansion Job, feels kind of incomplete for a while. And no you should never, under any circumstances (barring a boss jump phase long enough for someone to mana shift you or something) drop Dark Side.

DRK AoE is nuts once you get the full toolkit of Quietus, Blackest Night, Blood Price, and Abyssal Drain. I'm pretty sure DRK AoE is the strongest of the tanks right now? Until then though yeah you are half baked.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'm too nervous to pony hunt arr ex content, no way in hell I could be a raider

Do what I do and unsync it at Level 70. They're more manageable that way. You still need to not get knocked out of bounds by Titan and Leviathan, though, and not DPS Ifrit and Ramuh too fast.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bolow posted:

DRK AoE at max level loving owns

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Arist posted:

DRK AoE at max level loving owns

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's not just the damage, mind. It's that you have like 4 buttons that are all amazing in how stupid they are. Blackest Night whenever to refill the Blood Gauge for Quietus every 15 seconds, hit Blood Price and get Salted Earth up for even more Quietus, and spam the poo poo out of Dark Arts'd Abyssal Drain to refill your health as the mass of enemies tries in vain to deplete it. Who the hell needs cooldowns?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The best thing about that is that you let your scholar use their stacks on mana drain too, so they can miasma 2 better. Not an issue unless dps isn't pulling their weight, but still. For big pulls, a drk/sch combo is i think the best combo right now, because miasma spam + shadow flare comes out ahead of ast/whm aoe after like 6-7 enemies iirc, since neither of those have diminishing returns, unlike holy/gravity.

Truga fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 23, 2017

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Arist posted:

It's not just the damage, mind. It's that you have like 4 buttons that are all amazing in how stupid they are. Blackest Night whenever to refill the Blood Gauge for Quietus every 15 seconds, hit Blood Price and get Salted Earth up for even more Quietus, and spam the poo poo out of Dark Arts'd Abyssal Drain to refill your health as the mass of enemies tries in vain to deplete it. Who the hell needs cooldowns?

You did see that HPS right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

You did see that HPS right?

Lol nope, that's amazing

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

SonicRulez posted:

Yeah I hit like 46 or so and I'm right there with you. It was only in the 45 quest did I strongly notice nobody talked to or acknowledged Fray. And everything he said, the NPCs reacted as if the WoL said it. I'm sure that must be true of the earlier quests, but I swear I saw other NPCs at least turning their head toward Fray before.

Fray's basically the WoL's compartmentalized anger over being thanked for saving Eorzea with betrayal, nearly being killed, and losing several friends. In effect, Fray's saying "gently caress these people, the Ishgardians will probably screw you over too, let's go sign up with the Garleans or whoever, they probably pay better." Also, they can definitely manifest when the WoL's pushed to their breaking point, as in the level 50 quest. Whether that's a side effect of the soul crystal or just happens because a sliver of your character's mind is that powerful is never really expanded on.

Wasn't expecting quite so much interest in the casual raiding group, not that I'm complaining! If you're interested, shoot me a tell in game (Estelle Auberlaint on Excal) or on Discord (Estelle Auberlaint, Smug Elezen#4324) and I can look into the logistics of stuff.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I finally land on that dump lamp post, and there are no new paintings for the new vistas. Goddamn yoship, that's harsh.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

DRK 30-50 is really bad and dumb and forces a ton of characterization upon the WoL that the rest of the game wisely avoids doing. The 50-60 questline is much better and actually tells a nice little story and is one of the better HW ones. I haven't touched DRK in SB but since everyone keeps saying it follows from 30-50 I imagine it has to be bad as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Saucer Crab posted:

DRK 30-50 is really bad and dumb and forces a ton of characterization upon the WoL that the rest of the game wisely avoids doing. The 50-60 questline is much better and actually tells a nice little story and is one of the better HW ones. I haven't touched DRK in SB but since everyone keeps saying it follows from 30-50 I imagine it has to be bad as well.

Know that I will kill your god if I have to. Maybe even if I don't.