Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So finally got the PS4 copy of the game and started playing it. Preliminary impression? Pretty fun! I'd say that I'm normally a pretty good player on PC, but the adjustment to using a PS4 controller is massive. While I usually top the leaderboards, I don't always and it's actually a challenge even against rep 0s.

And man I gotta say it's way more fun when everyone's terrible at the game. And I can even find Elimination matches again! I haven't played Elimination in months!

The higher playerbase alone makes it worth my degredation in skill. People are also vicious in brawls too - none of that e-honor bullshit!

I still can't get the hang of feinting in time on a controller though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

How much of an issue is the frame rate thing?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I mean honestly it's been fine for me, but I can see how it would be an issue for others. It definitely seems to alleviate some of the defensive meta though! A system favouring bold attacks ain't half bad.

also the halloween costumes are incredibly loving cool. Seriously the lawbringer "Mask" costume looks super badass and the scream is freakishly good.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

FAUXTON posted:

How much of an issue is the frame rate thing?

If you play on pc then go play on PS4 you will notice it without question. But now that I haven't played on pc in a while I don't notice a problem with it.

I'd say the game is in a pretty good state on PS4 after the nerfs to centurion, especially considering you can pick it up on PS4 for like $15.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 23, 2017

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
The game is a lot of fun regardless. It plays different on console but keep in mind everyone has the same limitations. It's a great buy given the price.

grumbster
Apr 19, 2004
Lord of the Fjord
I've been playing this game over the free weekend, and I'm really pleasantly surprised, especially with the news of dedicated servers on the horizon.

Looking at the purchase options, is the season pass worth it? How fast can you make the 15k to unlock the new heroes without the season pass?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don't buy the season pass, you'll get the credits quickly. You get a free 2000 credits every week or two as is from server wide events.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
New heroes out: Shaman might be a bit too strong but doesn't seem to be as broken as launch Cent/Shinobi at least, Aramusha has an infinite light combo that I am struggling hard against for whatever reason but other than that he seems pretty average and heavily reliant on his full-block stance equivalent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YrrzI0rqLk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDHhUmtamS0

Kainser fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 15, 2017

grumbster
Apr 19, 2004
Lord of the Fjord
There is no male shaman. All I wanted was to play as Floki :negative:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The Iron Rose posted:

The higher playerbase alone makes it worth my degredation in skill.
Thanks for posting, I was about to come in and ask about this. It's one of the most frustrating parts of PC gaming: 60+ fps don't mean poo poo when the playerbase dries up in 2 months while the party on console goes on forever.

The free weekend intrigued me and I'm impressed with the post launch support. I think I'll pick this one up.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I really like that they're getting a more ambitious and inventive with new character designs, but holy poo poo there's really been some power creep going on there. On release characters had gimmicks that boiled down to "can cancel one particular attack into one particular different attack, can shortcut some chains" or "has superior block one one set of attacks". Now, particularly with the most recent two, it's more like "everything cancels into everything else, infinite fast uninterruptible combo, counter moves on block reaction, the sword is actually a lightsabre, can burrow underground and vibrate through walls."

Still, on the whole I like how this game developed over time. Have they mentioned whether any more seasons with new content are planned after this one, or is this more or less it for the planned lifespan? Because honestly, if they were to do a For Honor 2 that applied all the lessons learned here from the beginning, I'd probably be on board with that.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
They are allegedly reworking all the original heroes due to that creep.

Shaman is like the ultimate personification of the power creep, she can do almost everything. That’s fine I guess, I just think she needs to lose the heal ability and she could be quite balanced(but still makes some old heroes seem lame).

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Captain Beans posted:

Shaman is like the ultimate personification of the power creep, she can do almost everything. That’s fine I guess, I just think she needs to lose the heal ability and she could be quite balanced(but still makes some old heroes seem lame).

Losing the heal (or toning it down a bit) and slowing down the leap/bumping the damage down on the bite would make her fine, imo

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kensei is probably gonna be bad from start to finish at this rate, he can do so much neat poo poo and is a cool character, but it just doesn't matter in the face of turtling.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Roman posted:

Thanks for posting, I was about to come in and ask about this. It's one of the most frustrating parts of PC gaming: 60+ fps don't mean poo poo when the playerbase dries up in 2 months while the party on console goes on forever.

The free weekend intrigued me and I'm impressed with the post launch support. I think I'll pick this one up.

You might say the playerbase suddenly lost their connection to the game

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Captain Beans posted:

Oh man, I really hope they do. Imagine a Nobushi or Valkyrie that isn't an outright handicap to play. Or a Conq that isn't incredibly boring. :allears:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

You might say the playerbase suddenly lost their connection to the game

Honestly I don't think I've had a disconnect since... June? Maybe? They've gotten way better on that front.

Season 2 was rough but honestly the game is in a much, much better place now.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just picked this up for PS4 since it was dirt cheap this weekend. What should I know and do as a new player? Just on the second story mission so I'm not too far in.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Raged posted:

Just picked this up for PS4 since it was dirt cheap this weekend. What should I know and do as a new player? Just on the second story mission so I'm not too far in.

Just a random few bits off the top of my head, mostly relevant to MP:

-If you haven't already, play all the tutorials. Particularly the sections relevant to parrying and countering guardbreaks. The latter is particularly important and a bit counterintuitive (you have to hit the button a moment after you've already been hit), so it can be useful to spend a few minutes in that segment until you've got the timing down decently.

-Don't feel like you have to stick with any one character to get better. Almost all relevant skills (e.g. ability to land parries, getting a feel for distances and timing, figuring out how to counter certain things) transfer easily from one character to another, so feel free to experiment until you find some that click.

-Heavy attacks can be something of a trap. If you initiate with one, you're very likely to be parried and punished severely. Stick with light attacks for opening up and save heavies for when your opponent won't be able to punish you, like after a successful guardbreak.

-As a general rule of thumb, most characters can get a free guardbreak from a successful parry, and a free side heavy attack from a successful guardbreak. That's often your best way to punish after parrying (particularly if there's a hazard or ledge to throw people into/off of), but do mind there are a few exceptions to the rule.

-Light attacks are a counter against guardbreaks, you're immune to those while you're in the middle of the attack. If you're up against somebody who's spamming guardbreaks all the time, just slap them down with some light attacks.

-Guardbreaking is a counter against dodging. If you attempt to guardbreak against an enemy who is currently dodging, it is guaranteed to hit and the enemy can't counter out of it. However, this does not work if the enemy is also launching a dodge-attack at the same time.

-In the Dominion game mode, each "class" of character has certain activities that give them extra renown and as such unlock their more powerful feats. For Vanguards (Warden, Raider, Kensei) that is killing the soldiers in the middle and fighting while outnumbered, for Heavies (Conqueror, Warlord, Shugoki) it's squatting on and defending your own points and assisting in group fights, and for Assassins (too many to list by now :v:) it's murdering enemy players in 1v1 fights and getting kill streaks. Hybrids just get a balanced amount of renown from everything. You don't have to play according to this, but it's useful to be aware of if the match is currently balanced and you don't quite know what to do next.

-In the group multiplayer modes, don't be afraid to just run the hell away when outnumbered and there's no help nearby. There's no point in getting killed when you could be taking care of an objective on another part of the map. Conversely, don't waste time by ganging up on people with too many teammates involved. Going 3v1 or even 4v1 just wastes time (it can often take longer than just killing the guy 1v1 because the victim gets a lot of revenge) and often cedes map control to the enemy. If you see your teammates involved in a 2v1, just move on and be useful somewhere else.

-If you are fighting 2v1 and the enemy is currently not focused on you, never just throw out random attacks. Those will almost always be blocked and just give them revenge. Instead, wait for then to attack your ally, then hit them while they're stuck in the animation. Also, disrupt them with guardbreaks and whatever bashes or unblockables your character has.

-Centurion is a terrible garbage character and anybody who plays him should feel bad. :colbert:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Thanks for the info. Going to practice some more and jump into multi to take advantage of the 2x exp bonus that's going on this weekend

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Raged posted:

Ledges are the great equalizer. Huck dudes off ledges whenever possible, but don't tunnel-vision them.

Bring the Law if you want to introduce people to places that are lower than where they currently are. Shugoki isn't bad for it either, but not as flexible.

Looking good is much more important than being good, so find a class you like and fancify that arsenal. Far as I'm concerned, Lawbringer, Highlander, and Shugoki have the best emotes, followed closely by Kensei and Conqueror. I'm also quite partial to two of the Bringer's executions, as well, but that might just be because I've got more time as him than every other class combined.

Basically every class is super fun, even Conqueror, though bonking is more defense-oriented early on.

You can cut your teeth on bots in the multiplayer in every mode but tournament, and they're not bad really, but will build you a few bad habits since low-level bots will fall for some tricks humans won't. I'll be honest, after a long day sometimes you just wanna chuck a bot off a ledge and there's nothing wrong with that.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Multi is fun, but as expected you die a 100x quicker to humans than AI. Imagine that has a lot to do with being fresh meat.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
As a new player try to resist the temptation to go 100% into the ‘flagship’ 4v4 mode Domination. Getting ganked in a 1vs many situation as a new player is very frustrating (later on 1v2 can almost be an advantage). Try to play some 1v1 duels, it will allow you to really focus on the mechanics of the game in isolation. It will also help expose you to the different opposing classes and how to face them (knowing the capabilities of your opponent is just as important as knowing your own character). Treat duels as a learning opportunity, to see what you can/can’t do. Don’t get upset if you get whooped (it will happen).

When you find a character your interested in playing more and want to focus on them, go look on YouTube for someone who plays that class to help pickup tricks. There is a lot more to playing each class than just knowing their list of combos.

Take a look at the options for controls and UI, they are quite extensive. I turned off all the crazy rear end fire explosion emote effects for example.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 26, 2017

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casnorf posted:

Looking good is much more important than being good, so find a class you like and fancify that arsenal. Far as I'm concerned, Lawbringer, Highlander, and Shugoki have the best emotes, followed closely by Kensei and Conqueror. I'm also quite partial to two of the Bringer's executions, as well, but that might just be because I've got more time as him than every other class combined.

Orochi has that hand wave emote that you can spam super fast if you walk one step forward after the arm goes out. If you buy the flowers effect it allows you to spam a comically large amount of rose petals everywhere after killing someone and they usually get suuuuuuper pissed.

This is also true for Conqueror's crotch pump celebration with flames coming out of his back forever.

This is why they're both the best characters.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Mans posted:

This is why they're both the best characters.
You can spam the bringer's horsey ride.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Never forget: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p83F7NU6mI

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Is Shugoki any good yet?

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009

Shockeh posted:

Is Shugoki any good yet?

Shugoki is good. But not great, and has a few really tough matchups.

I may be bias, because I love big bro Shuggy. Plus his executes are pretty much the best, ignoring the new Lawbringer one.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The main problem with getting into this game as a new player is that most people playing is pretty decent by now so you'll probably get stomped a lot early on. It will probably be pretty painful to learn the fundamentals.

Anyway, they announced the shaman nerfs which should come pretty soon:

Wild Cats Rage: Normal block recovery increased from 700ms to 800ms,
Predators Hunger / Predator's Mercy / Wild Cat's Rage: Feinting into dile stamina cost increased from 10 to 24,
Wild Cat's Rage / Wild Cat's Swiftness / Wild Cat's Pounce (out of lock running heavy): Damage reduced from 25 to 20,
Neutral Heavy: Damage decreased from 33 to 27,
Predator's Hunger: Range decreased from 2m to 1m.

Pretty subtle nerfs which probably is for the best so that they don't destroy her like they did with the first Shinobi nerfs.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 26, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Oh hey I finally found the thread for this game.

Shaman is overpowered as hell. Her biggest offenders are her tackle, the jumping attack which I think is the only jumping attack that can attack in all three directions and has such a short reaction window and is also feintable (wtf?) and the unblockable heavy finsher that can be feinted into another direction OR into a guardbreak.

I also am having a ton of trouble with reacting to Aramusha canceling his unblockable into an attack from another direction as well as his infinite combo.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

That's nice to hear, because I really like her style and would like to play her without feeling bad about being hella overpowered. That'll be fun to play.

Alas, I don't think the same thing can be said about the Aramusha. That one just feels like a badly designed pile of bad decisions, probably put into this world by the same idiot who's responsible for the Centurion. The Shaman, for all her current OP-ness, at least has a distinct style and mechanic. Slow openers leading into fast (but situational) cancels, several ways to fish for a bleed to unlock your full power, some distinct weaknesses (short range, punishable leaps) you can try to exploit.

By comparison, the Aramusha is just a bunch of lazy high powered poo poo thrown together. "He'll get super-fast attacks that are visually almost indistinguishable, an infinite combo, and the ability to cancel anything into anything. Alright let's call it a day. Not enough? Eh, let's throw in a block stance or something, I dunno." He's basically the Berserker's gimmick but better in every aspect. And just like with the Centurion, it seems like no thought was spared to player experience on the receiving end. You're just faced with a constant barrage of attacks that are so fast that even just blocking them can be difficult with a character with slow guardswitch. The usual response there would be to get into the rhythm and interrupt it with a Parry, but that's an utter crapshoot since he can make his own rhythm and each attack is basically a 50/50 thanks to the cancels everywhere.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Captain Beans posted:

As a new player try to resist the temptation to go 100% into the ‘flagship’ 4v4 mode Domination. Getting ganked in a 1vs many situation as a new player is very frustrating (later on 1v2 can almost be an advantage). Try to play some 1v1 duels, it will allow you to really focus on the mechanics of the game in isolation. It will also help expose you to the different opposing classes and how to face them (knowing the capabilities of your opponent is just as important as knowing your own character). Treat duels as a learning opportunity, to see what you can/can’t do. Don’t get upset if you get whooped (it will happen).

When you find a character your interested in playing more and want to focus on them, go look on YouTube for someone who plays that class to help pickup tricks. There is a lot more to playing each class than just knowing their list of combos.

Take a look at the options for controls and UI, they are quite extensive. I turned off all the crazy rear end fire explosion emote effects for example.

Are there any particular YouTubers that put out good guides? Trying to find one for the Warden Vanguard (because I am boring) and not having much luck

Edit: Never mind think I found a good one.

Edit 2: Any recommended characters for someone who is getting old and doesn't have the reaction speed they used to have?

Raged fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 27, 2017

Frozenfries
Nov 1, 2012

Perestroika posted:

By comparison, the Aramusha is just a bunch of lazy high powered poo poo thrown together. "He'll get super-fast attacks that are visually almost indistinguishable, an infinite combo, and the ability to cancel anything into anything. Alright let's call it a day. Not enough? Eh, let's throw in a block stance or something, I dunno." He's basically the Berserker's gimmick but better in every aspect. And just like with the Centurion, it seems like no thought was spared to player experience on the receiving end. You're just faced with a constant barrage of attacks that are so fast that even just blocking them can be difficult with a character with slow guardswitch. The usual response there would be to get into the rhythm and interrupt it with a Parry, but that's an utter crapshoot since he can make his own rhythm and each attack is basically a 50/50 thanks to the cancels everywhere.
what

Ara is pretty average to weak when you figure him out. His light and heavy chains always have to go from side to top or top to side. The only time he can soft feint is if he attacks twice from the same side (which must always be light/heavy to heavy finisher). His zone is quick but the unblockable is parryable, slow and is usually feinted. Blade blockade has the hilt bash, unblockable sides (SUPER SLOW and parryable), top heavy (parryable) or kick. If you bait a blade blockade out with a feint you get a free GB to punish Ara. BB has almost no use that is better than standard parrying and can really only be used on reflex reaction. Any kind of constant use gets Ara destroyed through bait. You can also GB through Ara's light chains atm because there is a 100ms window in the animation that allows it. Basically, if you turtle up in any way, you beat him. He has no real opener apart from his zone.

I've heard on console he's a pain because of the lower fps just like PK, and for assassins he's troublesome because of reflex guard being so lovely, but on PC he's in the pile of characters that get smashed in a duel against a defensive opponent.

Frozenfries fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 27, 2017

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Raged posted:

Are there any particular YouTubers that put out good guides? Trying to find one for the Warden Vanguard (because I am boring) and not having much luck

Edit: Never mind think I found a good one.

Edit 2: Any recommended characters for someone who is getting old and doesn't have the reaction speed they used to have?

As a getting old myself I play a lot of Warden, Raider, Shugoki. I also play on PS4 which compared to PC slows your reaction window down too.

Warden is great because he has a very fast guard switch, but it can be difficult to crack open a defensive player. The lack of many moves mean you don't have to memorize a bunch, but you need to be creative in mixing up stuff to get into your opponents mind. This youtube has a ton of high level Warden. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgbilcRtTGU

Raider has a slower guard switch which can get you in trouble if you try to start blocking all the light chains some of the faster heroes throw at you, but he has a pretty nasty mixup mind game. Like Warden, you don't have a huge move list so its all about how you mix up the mind games. Raider is also a good introduction to unblockables, his zone attack can be used any time to fire off an unblockable. I find going on the offensive to be easier on my reactions than defensive, and I think Raider plays into that well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWT19syEyk0 this guy has a lot of Raider videos.

Skugoki just has a very different playstyle all together due to this hyper armor that allows you to take hits and trade damage.

Lastly this youtube called For Honor Hero school has a lot of good in depth videos on heroes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJOTpSIIvAI Some of these are slightly out of date, but they do a great job of demonstrating the details in each character extend well beyond their defined move list.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 27, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I feel like far too often when I try to just keep my guard up while Aramausha is doing the infinite lights, my character still hasn't recovered from the getting hit animation from the last side hit by the time the top hit comes so I just can't block it.

Frozenfries
Nov 1, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

I feel like far too often when I try to just keep my guard up while Aramausha is doing the infinite lights, my character still hasn't recovered from the getting hit animation from the last side hit by the time the top hit comes so I just can't block it.

If you are playing an assassin class, your reflex guard is reset when you get hit so you have to readjust your guard after you are hit. It is stupid but that's how it is. If you're on the consoles, the 30fps makes Ara way more threatening. This is a problem with all fast attacks tho, extremely hard to react to with the lower fps.

Practice with a bot on the timing of the lights. After a side light he must always hit top to continue the chain. If he goes for a heavy finisher on the same side of the attack that just hit, he will likely soft feint into another light from the other side. There's not much else to his mix-ups apart from hard feints. Got him to rep 3 over the weekend and he makes people panic more than anything. Once you get that pattern down on his lights and play a bit more passive, you can shut him down quick. Avoid being out of stam too, he can pressure you hardest then.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Frozenfries posted:

what

Ara is pretty average to weak when you figure him out. His light and heavy chains always have to go from side to top or top to side. The only time he can soft feint is if he attacks twice from the same side (which must always be light/heavy to heavy finisher). His zone is quick but the unblockable is parryable, slow and is usually feinted. Blade blockade has the hilt bash, unblockable sides (SUPER SLOW and parryable), top heavy (parryable) or kick. If you bait a blade blockade out with a feint you get a free GB to punish Ara. BB has almost no use that is better than standard parrying and can really only be used on reflex reaction. Any kind of constant use gets Ara destroyed through bait. You can also GB through Ara's light chains atm because there is a 100ms window in the animation that allows it. Basically, if you turtle up in any way, you beat him. He has no real opener apart from his zone.

I've heard on console he's a pain because of the lower fps just like PK, and for assassins he's troublesome because of reflex guard being so lovely, but on PC he's in the pile of characters that get smashed in a duel against a defensive opponent.

The soft feint can be done essentially every other attack. Attack from one direction, follow up with a heavy from the same -> feint into another direction, follow up with a heavy from that direction -> repeat. And the issue is that the soft-feinted lights come out fast. They're at 400ms, which is "PK's zone attack" fast. That's fast enough that it's very touchy to block on reaction. So you're basically faced with a constant string of 50/50s (or a 33/66 if they occasionally just let the heavy go through), and if you do guess right the best you can hope for is a simple block that merely resets to neutral that you can't punish off of.

I mean, perhaps I'm just a worst case scenario because my aging rig leans closer to 40 fps than 60 and my twitch reflexes aren't what they used to be. But I've been up against a couple of Aramushas who did nothing but the constant soft feinting mentioned above, and I just couldn't see any opening whatsoever because it's fast enough to be borderline unpunishable yet can be kept up for as long as they got stamina. Best case I managed a block that reset us to neutral, worst case I ate poo poo.

Frozenfries
Nov 1, 2012
I will say 40fps might definitely be causing some extra trouble there. I'm at 90+ with no issues, so yeah that can make some difference.

As for his speed, the top light is 400ms, the sides are 500. If an Ara goes for a heavy finisher and into a soft feint, you should be able to light attack to break that as the heavy is 700ms? I can't remember exactly. I won't be able to play again until next week but I'll be happy to test some of that stuff out.

I do think it's more of a case of getting used to him though, as when I duel with him I'll get one of two people: people who I absolutely trash and don't know how to respond to the aggression, and people who absolutely trash me and I can't open up whatsoever. He's a big improvement from Kensei who was my main, but he definitely feels like a Kensei 1.5 or a slightly better zerker. If he's in he can slap you around but no openers = pain against really strong defense.

The S4 characters are very aggressive and seem built to be for pressuring people, so that's throwing a lot of people off guard. It's great though, good to have new characters that let me play aggressively!

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Shear Modulus posted:

If you are playing an assassin so is it just reflex guard being broken again if you have even a small bit of latency unfortunately. You can try deflecting which works if they are purely light spamming but a good aramusha will mix it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Should I hold on to the chests that you get after battles until I get a few levels of reputation?