Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

missed one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlM4ZmQvrZE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its kind of funny. I love drinking regular milk but I hate mixing it with coffee. I only add (artificial) sugar to coffee because its too bitter otherwise. You only need a little bit to balance out the bitterness and then its a really nice hot beverage.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Hold up, there was a Family Guy fighting game?
If I remember right it was an old browser game on Fox's site. I think it was a crossover with other Fox cartoons too.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
#freemike

Personally I think Mike needs some face down in the gutter time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rip Mike

You were the best chopper pilot.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

jonathan posted:

#freemike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTpHAmMPgBo

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

wtf is this from

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
overlooked PS2 game of the day: Drakan, The Ancients' Gates. seriously, look out for it and buy it if you can, it's fantastic. same people that later made Primal

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jonathan posted:

#freemike

and to think, how much of my life I feel like I'm wasting away trying to finish forza horizon 3

al-azad
May 28, 2009

precision posted:

overlooked PS2 game of the day: Drakan, The Ancients' Gates. seriously, look out for it and buy it if you can, it's fantastic. same people that later made Primal

It is good and frustrating it didn't go anywhere else.

Had a huge demo back in the day when demos were hours long. And actually existed.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

al-azad posted:

It is good and frustrating it didn't go anywhere else.

Had a huge demo back in the day when demos were hours long. And actually existed.

It occurs to me that quite a lot of what I would consider "overlooked" PS2 games had female leads. Summoner 2, Primal, Drakan, Koudelka... =\

e: holy poo poo, Volition did Summoner and Summoner 2?! lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

only 5 days until goty releases. thats right folks, finally, Assassin's Creed Origins comes out this friday

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Someone I follow on Twitter made me wonder how others saw this: is the control scheme "Mouse and Keyboard" or "Keyboard and Mouse"?

The guy I follow swears its "keyboard and mouse", I've always heard it the opposite.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

if you say it out its mouse and keyboard, but the abbreviation is KBM. its like GameCube/GCN

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/spoo0py/status/919439000670294016

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's weird, I'm pretty sure I always say "mouse and keyboard" but will abbreviated it KB+M.

In Training posted:

only 5 days until goty releases. thats right folks, finally, Assassin's Creed Origins comes out this friday

I want to play this game, no sarcasm or irony here.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

if you say it out its mouse and keyboard, but the abbreviation is KBM. its like GameCube/GCN

technically ngc is the proper abbreviation but they didn't use it in the us cause another company already trademarked ngc

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Rabbids and South Park games are good Ubisoft games but I’m never betting on Assassins Creed.

What are the loot boxes like?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Artisanal

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

Man, some PS2 games have not aged well in looks. KH and KH2 look so much better.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So just making sure here, if I liked Shadow of Mordor I'd love Shadow of War, right

I'm juuust about done with Path of Exile for the next month or so, I think

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's weird, I'm pretty sure I always say "mouse and keyboard" but will abbreviated it KB+M.

I want to play this game, no sarcasm or irony here.

same to both

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Colonel posted:

technically ngc is the proper abbreviation but they didn't use it in the us cause another company already trademarked ngc

:aaa: I never knew that, mystery solved!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

chumbler posted:

Man, some PS2 games have not aged well in looks. KH and KH2 look so much better.

It's unfair to compare with Square games, which if you can say anything about them as a company it's that their games are generally ahead of everyone else in visuals. Parasite Eve 2 is almost on par with Code Veronica, a Dreamcast game.

Krappadizzle
Oct 22, 2017

Ciaphas posted:

So just making sure here, if I liked Shadow of Mordor I'd love Shadow of War, right

It's a better, more refined version of the SoM. It plays better, looks better with more variety and has a lot of new skills. If you enjoyed the first one, I don't see how anyone couldn't love the second one.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

al-azad posted:

It's unfair to compare with Square games, which if you can say anything about them as a company it's that their games are generally ahead of everyone else in visuals. Parasite Eve 2 is almost on par with Code Veronica, a Dreamcast game.

Parasite Eve was cool as gently caress and it was great on the Vita where you could grind forever and just put the console to sleep. I like games like that before bed. I should finish that sometime and grab the sequel.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I will say that if you liked Shadow of Mordor you will like Shadow of War.

I put 35 hours into it and had a good time. Looking back, those last five hours were probably a mindless grind, but I was still having enough fun to keep pushing forward and it's definitely not necessary to do the endgame stuff to feel satisfied with your time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

food court bailiff posted:

Parasite Eve was cool as gently caress and it was great on the Vita where you could grind forever and just put the console to sleep. I like games like that before bed. I should finish that sometime and grab the sequel.

The sequel is almost entirely different to the first game and much more 'Resident Evil but with magic'.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

The sequel is almost entirely different to the first game and much more 'Resident Evil but with magic'.

Hmmm, maybe I should just play some Resident Evil since it's October and I have never beaten one anyway.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

My opinion on coffee:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

food court bailiff posted:

Hmmm, maybe I should just play some Resident Evil since it's October and I have never beaten one anyway.

play re2 or REmake if you want a survival horror-y one, or re4 if you want an amazing cheesy action game about kicking zombies in the face

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

The Colonel posted:

play re2 or REmake if you want a survival horror-y one, or re4 if you want an amazing cheesy action game about kicking zombies in the face

I was thinking of finishing RE7 and also maybe hitting up RE DX on a handheld - burn through the series from both ends.

RE7 was legit freaky from what I played but then I realized I was on Easy and could easily keep any enemy down pretty much indefinitely without taking damage. Still, the atmosphere is insanely good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
RE7 is far and away the best of the series but the REmake is real good for classic Halloweeny vibes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

precision posted:

RE7 is far and away the best of the series

?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

precision posted:

:yikes:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
there is no way that is a controversial opinion

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RE7 is going to be on my top ten list this year.

Shadow of War is probably not.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

precision posted:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

4 is the best followed by 2/REmake about the same level then the rest whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

precision posted:

there is no way that is a controversial opinion

Resident Evil 4 is like one the best games ever...

• Locked thread