Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Dirt posted:

Use the Inn in east freeport!

I did that once, and ended up stealing 800k worth of poo poo from Aftermath, because they decided to have a recharge party when I was there.

edit: ps I don't play anymore. I still have some expensive poo poo to give away. Caiu get's my stolen Bladestopper. Who else still plays? I have a bunch of random expensive poo poo to give away still.

I've been a filthy casual since this sever started but am still kicking around. I'd be happy to take anything off you, but I'm sure there are more regulars that could put stuff to better use. Same name in game if you're tooling around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
Because I'm a sadist and I'm on medical leave, I decided to play this dumb elf simulator that I haven't touched since 2003. I made a halfling cleric and got killed by literally the first snake I tried to fight in Misty Thicket. Seems legit. I then gave up on that idea and made a monk because punching stuff is cool, and I played for 6 hours without getting up. Help.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
I can help you get more use out of your socks if you'd like. Where is your monk and what name?

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Dirt posted:

I did that once, and ended up stealing 800k worth of poo poo from Aftermath, because they decided to have a recharge party when I was there.

edit: ps I don't play anymore. I still have some expensive poo poo to give away. Caiu get's my stolen Bladestopper. Who else still plays? I have a bunch of random expensive poo poo to give away still.

I do this! Drop transfer in the Inn I mean, not steal hundreds of thousands of pp off dickwad raiders. That kind of cash would break the game for me, I think. Got to have goals.

Justaddwater
Jul 4, 2006

Dirt posted:

800k? Holy poo poo, by recharges do you mean raid consumables? Or recharging clicky items?

Dirt posted:

Got a 36 enchanter I regularly play. Justaddwater

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Still playing mostly casual. Raiding every now and then. Would love enough to get my ranger his epic.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
I'm playing right now. Got a Ranger and a Shaman I've been working on.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

Dustoph posted:

I can help you get more use out of your socks if you'd like. Where is your monk and what name?

Lagiacrus. I'm hanging out around Field of Bone/Kurns until I get Feign Death because the world is scary.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

jymbojones posted:

Lagiacrus. I'm hanging out around Field of Bone/Kurns until I get Feign Death because the world is scary.

I can toss you some stuff from mah druid

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Dirt posted:

edit: ps I don't play anymore. I still have some expensive poo poo to give away. Caiu get's my stolen Bladestopper.Who else still plays? I have a bunch of random expensive poo poo to give away still.

Holding you to this asince I suffered a great deal protecting you from reprisal. In another news I;m glad your poo poo is together and you can finally escape this hell. Sadly for me I am a life sentencer. Ciao Comrade may we meet again under the suns of a happier world. Oldest EQ friens qq.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
ahah. I'm still making good use of that 10k you gave Haughty afterwards.

sadly been in a funk and haven't played in a while.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Made the mistake of reviving my 40 tank. I was in Velious but decided I wanted to try full groups again so I went to CoM. I remember tanking there before I went to Velious, but not why I left.

Now I do. loving hell, the amount of incompetence/carelessness that just gets carried up through those few key zones merely on the fact that there's enough people playing there...

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Meatgrinder posted:

Made the mistake of reviving my 40 tank. I was in Velious but decided I wanted to try full groups again so I went to CoM. I remember tanking there before I went to Velious, but not why I left.

Now I do. loving hell, the amount of incompetence/carelessness that just gets carried up through those few key zones merely on the fact that there's enough people playing there...

Stay in City of Mist. I've got my 46 Ranger in zone and can make your life a lot easier. Look for Hoborg while grouping.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

This game is terrible if you go down the usual Unrest->MM->CoM etc leveling path imo. About a million times more fun if you make friends with people and gently caress around in low-population zones. Presumably you don't already have a bunch of level ~40 buddies on a character that you recently started back up, but you could try sending out random /tells to folks to get a group together, which is easier when you are the tank already.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
i actually ended up logging on last night and exploring CoM with my 45 wiz. and by exploring i mean dying to a spooky ghost shortly after entering the zone and getting lost.

i love this game.

if you ever see Haughty on, send me a /tell and lets kill some poo poo in some random zone!

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Speaking of random zones, I really want to tear through Kedge Keep on a dungeon crawl, and am willing to supply anyone 40+ willing to enable this quest. I have a stack of fish scales, a bunch of EB potions, and two alts eventually needing epic parts from this zone, so I'm motivated to kill everything from Phinny to Estrella.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Kedge owns. I lived there and charm soloed with my chanter for so long. Never got to fight Phinny. Let me know when/where. EST 7pm or later weekdays, or weekend. I want a pet shark again!!

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 22, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Speaking of random zones, I really want to tear through Kedge Keep on a dungeon crawl, and am willing to supply anyone 40+ willing to enable this quest. I have a stack of fish scales, a bunch of EB potions, and two alts eventually needing epic parts from this zone, so I'm motivated to kill everything from Phinny to Estrella.

I'm 39, is that too low? I'd love to explore more zones that I haven't seen before.

I guess I should just try to grind out a level.

E: I'm halfway actually

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Dirt posted:

edit: ps I don't play anymore. I still have some expensive poo poo to give away. Caiu get's my stolen Bladestopper.

You're officially out? Take care and enjoy the real world dude!

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I've got a 55 mage I've been itching to play again, and I love kedge. Killing phinny is one step towards my unattainable dream of getting a mage epic.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Anarch posted:

You're officially out? Take care and enjoy the real world dude!

Still waiting on the Stopper! haha enjoy yourself Dirty Poo

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dirt posted:

The one true Innernette Yzzerdd will be missed. :(

Do you have any random warrior items? Next on my EQ bucket list is to make that troll warrior that lives only in Innothule Swamp > Upper Guk > Lower Guk till his 50's.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

IIRC you really want a permanent EB effect item like the fishbone earring or aqualung for Kedge because deeper in kedge there are dispellers. Running out of potions with a mid-combat dispell situation can and will kill you.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
That feeling of panic when poo poo starts to go south in kedge keep is something unmatched in any other game I've played. just the whole vibe of the place makes me claustrophobic and paranoid.

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

How's it the kiss of death, if I have no lips?
College Slice

Dirt posted:

Active as gently caress, 39 paladin.

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

College Slice

Secular Humanist posted:

That feeling of panic when poo poo starts to go south in kedge keep is something unmatched in any other game I've played. just the whole vibe of the place makes me claustrophobic and paranoid.

loving Kedge man, that place is a nightmare for so many reasons.
There is literally zero chance to escape, at all.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Water/swimming is literally the worst in EQ. Mob model is in front of you? Too bad, there's a tiny piece of coral 200 feet below you where the hitbox is actually being registered and you can't see your target because of that.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I mostly just hate those loving tiny fish that interrupt your medding constantly.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Kedge is the best. I will probably be able to navigate that zone until I die. One of the last times I logged in on P99 was to help get druid epic pieces down there, and, for awhile, my mage solely existed to pet zerg in sky and duo phinny. Solo camping Shellara on my monk for her mask while PLing AFK nerds was harder than doing epic and more fun as well.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

So when are we going??

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Where is the best place to get the Everquest: Titanium Edition client?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I'm positioning my Ranger at the entrance tonight, thinking if it doesn't happen tonight ~9:30pm EST, I'll figure out an evening in November to try again.

Tower of Frozen Shadow is a good 30-50 dungeon, too.

I like the themed troll warrior gimmick. I've got a dungeon only cleric (21) I'm slowly working on.

Unrest->Crystal Caverns->Dalnir/ToFS-> 45

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Uziduke posted:

Where is the best place to get the Everquest: Titanium Edition client?

Pirate Bay.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

there's also a google drive that's easily searchable on regular google searches that has EQ Tit

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I'm positioning my Ranger at the entrance tonight, thinking if it doesn't happen tonight ~9:30pm EST, I'll figure out an evening in November to try again.

Tower of Frozen Shadow is a good 30-50 dungeon, too.

I like the themed troll warrior gimmick. I've got a dungeon only cleric (21) I'm slowly working on.

Unrest->Crystal Caverns->Dalnir/ToFS-> 45

Does Qeynos sewers count as a dungeon? My cleric did the specs there from 41-47. Made a ton of cash on a solo cleric there.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Pratan posted:

Does Qeynos sewers count as a dungeon? My cleric did the specs there from 41-47. Made a ton of cash on a solo cleric there.

I loved Qeynos sewers on live, my human monk hunted the frogloks there for netted, and that named slime who glurped around. And if you got lost, some high level npc would just murder you.

Were there actually sharks down there someplace?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

A Strange Aeon posted:

I loved Qeynos sewers on live, my human monk hunted the frogloks there for netted, and that named slime who glurped around. And if you got lost, some high level npc would just murder you.

Were there actually sharks down there someplace?

Yep!

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Is there a discord goons use for this game?

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Uziduke posted:

Is there a discord goons use for this game?

there's a p1999 discord. I think this is the right link: https://discordapp.com/invite/F8dKySK

however i don't know if any goons use it.

anyhow, i'd be down with my 45 WIZ and my friend has a 47? DRU if anyone wants to dungeon crawl later in the week.

cmdrk fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

College Slice
39 Paladin currently guildless always looking for faces to smash
Hordaek