Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm talking about now. By "of that era", I mean out of 7/8/9.

Yes, it sold better than and was more critically lauded than 9. It always has been a more popular game than FF9, and it's popularity was only surpassed by the highest grossing FF game of all, which is 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
8 was fun even though I had no idea what the hell i was doing when it came to junctioning.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

8 was fun even though I had no idea what the hell i was doing when it came to junctioning.

The primary key at the opening of the game was to junction as many (#count) Blind to Squall's weapon in a status effect slot as possible. Since Squall can get a critical hit at will he has 100% chance at inflicting Blind on an enemy upon hit. This can gently caress with many of the difficult early game battles: Trexaurs, Diabolos, etc.

Later on you can junction a spell to his weapon that inflicts multiple status ailments upon hit and poo poo really gets serious. Drain also works. The possibilities are endless.

Beating Diabolos early on nets you Encounter None which gives you low-level game at will.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Hidden Agendas release date, originally scheduled for Tuesday on NA or Wednesday on EU has been pushed back to November 22. It's a shame that it'll miss Halloween but I'd rather they take the time out to fix any issues they're having with the game than release an unfinished buggy mess.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Interrogation is the best mode. Don't make noise

I agree with this only because I'm a bad player and I need my respawns. Also related to that I've always hated elimination game modes and liked objective game modes in shooters.

I really hope TLOU2's multiplayer has more objective modes

except titanfall 2, the deathmatch/kill stuff modes were more interesting than its objective offerings

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lakbay posted:

I agree with this only because I'm a bad player and I need my respawns. Also related to that I've always hated elimination game modes and liked objective game modes in shooters.

I really hope TLOU2's multiplayer has more objective modes

except titanfall 2, the deathmatch/kill stuff modes were more interesting than its objective offerings

Yeah, I guess that's a good dividing line. I love elimination modes, SOCOM, Uncharted 2 elim, and TLoU survivors, and I'd probably be hooked on pubg right now if I had something to run it on.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Fortnite's BR mode is free on ps4 if you want your fix

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just can't get over the fortnite aesthetic. I just can't do it it's so hideous it takes me out of the experience.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Better or worse than Battleborn

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Actually, I think Lawbreakers is the new low to beat.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Actually, I think Lawbreakers is the new low to beat.

I dunno, that's just super generic. Looks like something you'd make for a laugh with the Unreal 4 SDK

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah Lawbreakers is unremarkable stylistically but Fornite has this looney tunes mixed with semi realistic people thing going on that just makes me cringe.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Better or worse than Battleborn

I'd say worse. it's definitely of the same ilk though.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's a little odd that one of the female characters in all their promotional materials is pretty much nuLara Croft with zero effort done to make her an ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL (or at least similar enough to make me do a double take).

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

DrNutt posted:

It's a little odd that one of the female characters in all their promotional materials is pretty much nuLara Croft with zero effort done to make her an ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL (or at least similar enough to make me do a double take).

My roommate saw the icon on the dashboard and made some comment to the effect of "I don't know what that is, but it's some kind of mew Tomb Raider game I guess"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Snak posted:

My roommate saw the icon on the dashboard and made some comment to the effect of "I don't know what that is, but it's some kind of mew Tomb Raider game I guess"

I looked at it a little more closely and honestly it's not as close as I thought originally, but between the character designs being kind of generic to begin with (tank top, pants, boots, brown ponytail) and only glancing for half a second at most, my brain filled in all the other details I guess. I swear I thought the fortnite lady also had a makeshift bandage on the upper arm but it looks like she actually has a tattoo.

e: actually she totally has a makeshift bandage on the other arm

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
They all have that tattoo though, I think, so it's hardly unique character feature.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Something about fortnite's aesthetic rubs me the wrong way. I don't know what it is but the proportions of the people/art style/etc as a whole just bothers me and I don't think I could put up with it even if the gameplay was exactly what I wanted.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
How do I change my Psi powers in Prey 🤔? I have the blast one and the one that lets you turn into a mug but all I can do is the transform one

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Open the gear select wheel, your powers show up there just like equipment

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Fortnite is on its way to being f2p it's that bad and grindy behind rng loot boxes. The only upside is my 2.5 year old loves to run around and smash rocks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Digirat posted:

Open the gear select wheel, your powers show up there just like equipment

Thanks!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

xxEightxx posted:

Fortnite is on its way to being f2p it's that bad and grindy behind rng loot boxes. The only upside is my 2.5 year old loves to run around and smash rocks.

I thought that was the plan from the start? You are paying for early access if you buy it now.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

blackguy32 posted:

I thought that was the plan from the start? You are paying for early access if you buy it now.

That is literally the worst then.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

blackguy32 posted:

That's correct. it was always going to be F2P starting with Q1 2018, buying it beforehand was play now + a bunch of F2P loot stuff

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Who's up for some TLoU multi?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Alris posted:

Hidden Agendas release date, originally scheduled for Tuesday on NA or Wednesday on EU has been pushed back to November 22. It's a shame that it'll miss Halloween but I'd rather they take the time out to fix any issues they're having with the game than release an unfinished buggy mess.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/hidden-agenda/cid=UP9000-CUSA08019_00-PMFW000000000001

Unless I'm mistaken, it's very much released?

EDIT: Ah, US release is unaffected, UK release is pushed back.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Crappy Jack posted:

EDIT: Ah, US release is unaffected, UK release is pushed back.

Whyyyyyy 😤😤😤😤

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Well, finally got around to buying a PS4. I've made a watchlist on PSPrices for the exclusives I've missed; any suggestions to add to the list?

Since I have a rather up-to-date pc I'm getting most non-exclusives there; Nioh is here because I don't trust Koei-Tecmo ports, and I've read reports of Automata being kind of a crapshoot on pc.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Wipeout, Last Of Us?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Edmond Dantes posted:

Well, finally got around to buying a PS4. I've made a watchlist on PSPrices for the exclusives I've missed; any suggestions to add to the list?

Since I have a rather up-to-date pc I'm getting most non-exclusives there; Nioh is here because I don't trust Koei-Tecmo ports, and I've read reports of Automata being kind of a crapshoot on pc.

If you can wait until December, Horizon is getting a $50 GOTY edition that will have all the DLC + bonus stuff included.

Also, UNTIL DAWN.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I have Neir on PC and it crashed once on launch day and that was the only issue I’ve ever had.

It isn’t a pretty game to begin with but it looks fine and I play it with an Xbox controller

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Seedge posted:

Wipeout, Last Of Us?

Oh poo poo, forgot about Wipeout Omega... I already have HD+Fury on the PS3, but yeah, that's definitely going on the list.

I have Last of Us for the PS3.

exquisite tea posted:

If you can wait until December, Horizon is getting a $50 GOTY edition that will have all the DLC + bonus stuff included.

Also, UNTIL DAWN.
drat, Horizon is the one I was planning on getting first, but that's tempting...

Bust Rodd posted:

I have Neir on PC and it crashed once on launch day and that was the only issue I’ve ever had.

Yeah, that one I'm still looking into. Guess I'll get whichever goes on sale first; at least if I get it on Steam I can refund it if it starts acting up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Played up to the first boss in The Mummy Demastered, seems pretty awesome so far and has some of the best spritework I've ever seen in a game. It really is 'lets drop the Contra guy in a Castlevania' too. Also it's way easier than the Aliens game they did at the moment, not that I'm complaining that was pretty loving brutal.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Edmond Dantes posted:

drat, Horizon is the one I was planning on getting first, but that's tempting...

Horizon is awesome at any price and the DLC is out in two weeks but it seems like you have a lot on your plate already!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There are several games on that list that could each occupy you until the Horizon GOTY is out, get those instead.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

There are several games on that list that could each occupy you until the Horizon GOTY is out, get those instead.

Hell, Bloodborne and Persona 5 alone will net you like 100 hours each.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Holy poo poo while I was typing the response this came in the mail all the way from Germany:

(Ignore the GT, I only got it because it was the cheapest bundle, I plan on selling or trading it for something else).

exquisite tea posted:

Horizon is awesome at any price and the DLC is out in two weeks but it seems like you have a lot on your plate already!
I do, and Des2ny also launches today which I'm guessing will keep me quite busy the next few weeks.

haveblue posted:

Yeah, I'll borrow something from a mate that has a PS4 and some physical games and work down my list as they get discounted (or as I get a bit more money, I already spent my gaming budget on getting the drat console :v: ).

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Oh, neat, I didn't know about this PSPrices, I'll make a list there later.

I plan on buying these one day, maybe it'll interest you too:

-Dragon Quest Builders
-Yakuza Kiwami 1&2
-Final Fantasy XV
-Gravity Rush Remastered
-God of War III Remastered
-Little Big Planet 3
-Killzone Shadowfall
-InFamous Second Son

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Knack 1 and 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Every time I hear someone is about to play Bloodborne for the first time I smile 😊 my favourite game of this gen and up there in the top 5 for me.