Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
In re Haurchefant

His death is arguably affecting in a way that other significant characters' weren't. Many of the allies the Warrior of Light has lost along the way gave their lives to achieve an important goal, like Moenbryda setting up the destruction of Nabriales, Papalymo sealing Omega or Gosetsu allowing the revolutionaries to escape, Haurchefant was the victim of a vindictive pot shot from a retreating enemy and died unnecessarily. He was willing to put his and his family's reputation on the line to help the WoL, and paid his life for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Plus no one else has really died by taking a bullet for you.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Edit: Eh, whatever.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Plus no one else has really died by taking a bullet for you.

i feel like the WoL probably had enough hp to just take the hit though

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Welp, I tried to get back into the Yokai grind, but I finally burned out after rolling over FATEs for 2 hours and getting a grand total of 1 legendary medal for the next weapon. The whole time I was starting to wonder if I was in the wrong zone or had the wrong minion out... nope, just really unlucky!

I've already gotten 4 of the weapons and all the minions plus the regular mount, so... eh, good enough. :effort:

I now have far more sympathy for those that endured the original Atma grind.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Haurchefant has dumb hair.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ainsley McTree posted:

I was a dps in leveling gear, no way I could have taken an unmitigated tank buster from a primal with several levels on me :colbert:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Say what you want about Haurchefant, but i don't see anybody else bringing you a bucket of hot chocolate which is why he is a cool dude and best elf

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I, and thus the WoL, dont remember any msq cutscenes from a year or more ago. So I don't think the writers should include flashbacks that force the character trait of memory on me.

They got it right though with how everytime a random character pops up they ask if I remember them and I have the option of saying "nope!"

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

DizzyBum posted:

Welp, I tried to get back into the Yokai grind, but I finally burned out after rolling over FATEs for 2 hours and getting a grand total of 1 legendary medal for the next weapon. The whole time I was starting to wonder if I was in the wrong zone or had the wrong minion out... nope, just really unlucky!

I've already gotten 4 of the weapons and all the minions plus the regular mount, so... eh, good enough. :effort:

There's a reason PCD changed their tag to <<NOkai>> for a while, it's for suckers.

(just got my 6th weapon rip me)

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So I figured I'd be lazy and use this ARR 110 PvP gear on my DRK as I gradually level it via roulettes since I'd rather save my poetics for something useful like upgrading this shire gear I have waiting. Apparently it just has a shitload of strength and no vitality on it, so I do decent damage but I have no durability

woops :v:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Bolow posted:

So I figured I'd be lazy and use this ARR 110 PvP gear on my DRK as I gradually level it via roulettes since I'd rather save my poetics for something useful like upgrading this shire gear I have waiting. Apparently it just has a shitload of strength and no vitality on it, so I do decent damage but I have no durability

I don't see the problem

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bolow posted:

You should track down every healer you’ve played with and write them an apology letter

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Bolow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q1cr5udb-8&t=160s

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

You should track down every healer you’ve played with and write them an apology letter

I did the exact same thing for my Warrior, which explains why I was getting my rear end handed to me in Dusk Vigil initially :shepface:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I think all this mining and logging is giving me tendinitis.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Use a controller and don't grind levels, grind leves.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Do the lazy idle way of leveling them through GC provisions and weekly SAD STORIES ABOUT ORPHANS

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

mfcrocker posted:

There's a reason PCD changed their tag to <<NOkai>> for a while, it's for suckers.

(just got my 6th weapon rip me)

The first few weapons were fine, but the drop rate just started killing me. I might try to finish the weapon I'm on right now (need 5 more medals), but that's it.

Phone posted:

Use a controller and don't grind levels, grind leves.

Yeah, definitely take the time to do the leves as you level. Also make sure to do the daily GC turn-ins; it's up to you whether you want to take the extra time to gather up HQ turn-ins for these. And the challenge log helps a lot.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

You can press numpad 0 instead of left clicking, to reduce your chances of a repetitive stress injury while gathering

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

Do the lazy idle way of leveling them through GC provisions and weekly SAD STORIES ABOUT ORPHANS

It even comes in two flavors: helping actual war orphans and "should I call CPS on this orphanage?"

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

If you aren't developing stress injuries from clicking on the engage button in squad missions, you're playing to game wrong right now

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

comingafteryouall posted:

If you aren't developing stress injuries from clicking on the engage button in squad missions, you're playing to game wrong right now

Seriously, this is me in command missions: :five:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Not according to the EX fight.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

comingafteryouall posted:

I heard a rumour that they’re fixing it tonight?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Jay Rust posted:

If not tonight, count on them fixing it soon because I'm sure they didn't want to replace actual LLDR with solo Cookie Clicker.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

No idea. But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it did get patched out tonight.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I'm hoping they just fix the engage bug and don't turbo gently caress the ranged dps classes with nerfs, because it's still damned quick even without spamming engage endlessly

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Fingers crossed they don't fix it tonight, I didn't have my squadron ready and had to travel this weekend so I've gotten like no time in with my squad spamming engage, but I'd really like to level poo poo to 50 the fast way instead of grinding through boring content for a trillion hours.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Haurchefant will always be my favourite elf after that time he got SO EXCITED about giving you a black chocobo that he forgot about basic etiquette things like “Don’t ambush your friends with large gifts when they are just getting out of court” and “Don’t bring large beasts into civic buildings.”

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Haruchefaunt was a good husband.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

DizzyBum posted:

I think the most I ever went without a medal was about 20 fates. But then I'd do 5+ fates in a row and get medals.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dick Trauma posted:

I think all this mining and logging is giving me tendinitis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5bP3eY0Vag

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If they tripled the amount of medallions needed but also made it so that each FATE drops one 100% of the time, I’d actually be okay with doing it. I can’t quite explain why.

e: forgot an important word

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

If they tripled the amount of medallions needed but also made it so that each FATE drops one 100% of the time, I’d actually be okay with doing it. I can’t quite explain why.

e: forgot an important word

Yep, if they had done the equivalent for the FATE grinding anima/relic steps I might have actually done them.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Man, you guys are all talking about Haurchefant affecting the your char too much, meanwhile I'm over here being really annoyed how HW is pushing wanting my character to Really Dislike Emmanellain while I think he's a funny as hell richboy loser.

She is too chill a kitty to give a poo poo about anybody enough to want to punch him for being whiny or be grossed out about him being such a flirt (when he is such a spectacular failure at it too).

Honestly the first time I wish they didn't try putting their opinions into my character's mouth imo.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I had to get 60 tokens from Outer La Noscea, so there are two beast tribe fates that spawn back to back, so you just chain run those. Each also drops a beast tribe quest token. After getting all 60 yokai tokens, I had about 90 of each of the quest tokens, making 180 total. Meaning that, based on my sampling, the drop rate was almost exactly 33%. This held true for most of the Yokai event. I certainly had times with medal drought, but when I started the event again (I was on weapon 7) I had got 10 medals back to back.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Outer La Noscea's Atma is loving bullshit though. It legit took me 40+ runs to get that goddamn thing, which I finally got after I got the very last medal I needed for all the minions

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Bolow posted:

As a healer, you make me sad :)
- Make sure you do single pulls until you get that vitality up. Otherwise it'll make healing painful for sprout healers. If you see someone in 310+ gear though, go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

Quoting myself because I'm a dumbass.

I logged in for a bit during my lunch break today and double-checked the key item that tells you which zones to grind in and the popular Google spreadsheet... Turns out I was going to the wrong zones over the weekend, because I was looking at the wrong goddamn minion in the guide. :suicide: After going to the correct zones for an hour, I'm up another 10 medals and finished another weapon. So I guess I'm in this for the long haul after all.

I'll just write this off as karmic retribution for something.