Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Anyone else playing Pixel Starships? Because I'm at a complete standstill after just a couple hours of play. I've upgraded my ship a few times, gotten a couple crew members, and literally every quest available to me right now is loving impossible. I've upgraded rooms to the point that I'm completely out of resources, I have upgraded guns and the mining laser, I have armor plating.. This looks like it should be right up my alley and I'm about to uninstall in frustration.

I get most of my resources from shooting other players. If you haven't tried PvP, give it a spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Yeah the construction system is currently really dumb and manifests in weirder and weirder ways, though it seems fixable and the game is alpha, so I have some hope for it.

Even when you can do the missions available to you, sometimes you are at the resource caps and are building 2 things already (the max) so now you might as well not play. Or upgrade your weapons/shield and end up with them offline in construction for over 24 hours, can't play.

All fixable balance issues rather than fundamentals of gameplay, and it doesn't even seem to incentivise you to pay very well, sure you can speed up construction but then the next upgrade is gonna be twice as long and offline you anyway, so short of paying an infinite amount of money to max your ship and kinda skipping the whole game, you get the "can't play" wall.

e: I do still recommend this game but for now you really gotta treat it as a slow burn you check on a few times a day, and not one of your "main" phone time wasters.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Oct 19, 2017

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Warhammer: Doomwheel is free for a limited time. It's good stupid fun!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.katsu.doomwheel

This runs unbearbly poorly on my S7 Edge.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Montalvo posted:

That's really strange because I have one of those budget LG K20 Plus phones and it runs great. I used to have your phone (I smashed the screen like an idiot) and that thing ran everything I threw at it with zero problem. I'm Talking games like Eisenhorn Xenos and some Nvidia Shield games I shoehorned in there.

I know apples and oranges and all, but this is just surprising to read. :shrug:

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I was also surprised -- everything else runs exceptionally smoothly on my phone.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Montalvo posted:

I have an s7 edge and it runs like a dream?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Weird. I tried rebooting and everything. I just noticed a lot of stuttering, delayed response to tapping the screen, and long load times.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Montalvo posted:

Weird. I tried rebooting and everything. I just noticed a lot of stuttering, delayed response to tapping the screen, and long load times.

Runs perfectly fine on my Moto G4.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Montalvo posted:

Do you have any weird developer options turned on? The game might be giving debug data or something.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I don't think so! Oh well.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

It turns my Pixel XL into a heatbrick.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Cross-posting from the Gacha thread- Has anyone else tried "18: Dream World"? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamesamba.eighteen&hl=en It's more of a traditional gem matching game with a plotline and gacha elements, friend system, yadda yadda, along with a very Persona-like aesthetic. I'm digging it so far. I don't know if I got lucky or what, but I got 2 5-star "super rares" almost as soon as the tutorial was over - one as my "free" summon and one as a "new player special" thing. I'm not very far into the game at all, but I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a new drug.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
There is a gacha thread?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Mr Hootington posted:

There is a gacha thread?

Technically, but it basically devolved into the DBZ Dokkan Battle thread.. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732619&pagenumber=1

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I'm still checking in on pixel starships and I'd like to stress that as critical as I was it's still a good game that needs some work, don't be put off trying it if Faster Than Light is your thing. Or maybe wait a few months and I'm sure it'll be much better if it keeps updating a few times a week but then, early access is a poisoned term now.

gently caress every other game I dissed in this thread though.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 20, 2017

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Pixel Starships has a neat look, but I am finding it hard to think of a mobile game that was more boring. The content that is there is so barebones, I don't see the appeal.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'd love to try it, but the beta is currently full, apparently.

Are there any games like that cutesy strategy game that Nintendo made that I can't remember the name of right now? The one with tanks and planes, it was like Shining Force. Armoured.... Something, maybe? It was big on the DS.

I'm gonna remember this the moment I hit post, I just know it.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'd love to try it, but the beta is currently full, apparently.

Are there any games like that cutesy strategy game that Nintendo made that I can't remember the name of right now? The one with tanks and planes, it was like Shining Force. Armoured.... Something, maybe? It was big on the DS.

I'm gonna remember this the moment I hit post, I just know it.

Advance Wars?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Yes! Thank you!

Is there an Advance Wars-esque for mobile? I haven't given the Fire Emblem game much time, because it seems potentially f2p-ish, filled with micro transactions, and it's a bit too anime for my tastes. However, if it's legitimately good and has depth, I'll overlook that last one.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Yes! Thank you!

Is there an Advance Wars-esque for mobile? I haven't given the Fire Emblem game much time, because it seems potentially f2p-ish, filled with micro transactions, and it's a bit too anime for my tastes. However, if it's legitimately good and has depth, I'll overlook that last one.

Great Little War Game and its successors will probably scratch your itch, and are buy up front. There's another one... Mecho Wars, I think, that is a little closer to advance wars, too.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yes! Thank you!

My Boy! Free :hehe:

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 or Disgaea on Drastic emulator is the way to go for depth.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

mrkillboy posted:

Love You To Bits, a charming looking point and click adventure puzzler that was originally released for iOS almost 2 years ago is now out on Android.

It’s the Tiny Thief devs.

Resonance22
Dec 17, 2006

Yes! Thank you!

Lost Frontier is basically a Spaghetti Western Advance Wars.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MikaMobile.LostFrontier

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Resonance22 posted:

Lost Frontier is basically a Spaghetti Western Advance Wars.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MikaMobile.LostFrontier

Oh my god, thank you! And thanks to the other goons for their suggestions, too.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Yeah the construction system is currently really dumb and manifests in weirder and weirder ways, though it seems fixable and the game is alpha, so I have some hope for it.

Even when you can do the missions available to you, sometimes you are at the resource caps and are building 2 things already (the max) so now you might as well not play. Or upgrade your weapons/shield and end up with them offline in construction for over 24 hours, can't play.

All fixable balance issues rather than fundamentals of gameplay, and it doesn't even seem to incentivise you to pay very well, sure you can speed up construction but then the next upgrade is gonna be twice as long and offline you anyway, so short of paying an infinite amount of money to max your ship and kinda skipping the whole game, you get the "can't play" wall.

e: I do still recommend this game but for now you really gotta treat it as a slow burn you check on a few times a day, and not one of your "main" phone time wasters.

Is this game fully done on iOS because wow you weren't kidding about the problems.

I don't mind waiting a couple of hours for energy to recharge or whatever but at the highest upgrade level, it looks like it'll take me literally 8 full days before I can play.

Most F2P games will try to look you to keep playing as long as you can everyday and here you have an 'MMO' that basically tells you to gently caress off and go find another game unless you throw a stack of money at it.

Its frustrating because this game mechanics are pretty fun and it looks like there can be a lot of depth to combat in the form of programmable commands but I have no incentive to spend any money and will probably drop the game in a week once the wait time gets too long.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

sooo to any stupid idiot out there who also likes hungry shark, I just found out that running it through bluestacks on the computer somehow bypasses the ad viewing limits. You just have to keep clicking the thing, when it hits the ceiling it will show an ad for every 2nd attempt you make

unlimited gems (also gold) for brave autistic goons don't be quick to thank me lol

you can use a clicky clicky program to farm this exploit while@work i guess. use the one you already got for tap titans...omg you really are the worst

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Oct 23, 2017

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Looks like Nintendo is going to reveal some stuff about Animal Crossing for mobile this Wednesday 25th at noon, Tokyo time.

edit: Nintendo of America has set 8pm Pacific/11pm Eastern for the direct on the evening of Tuesday 24th.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 23, 2017

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Oh you mean the new virtual Pop Figurine game? Or the new 3d Model Viewer? Or are you referring to the new collection of Animal Crossing wallpapers?

I will poo poo if it is actually an actual Animal Crossing game.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Oct 23, 2017

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Oh you mean the new virtual Pop Figurine game? Or the new 3d Model Viewer? Or are you referring to the new collection of Animal Crossing wallpapers?

Pretty sure the game. It was supposed to come out forever ago.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A real Animal Crossing would be a REALLY GOOD cellphone game. Hoping it's not some match three spinoff or something else that is not an actual Animal Crossing agme.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Apparently, DeNA is making a legit, no-foolin' Animal Crossing game for mobile. I need this (and Caves of Qud) on my phone like.... yesterday, assuming that it's not a bunch of freemium crap.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

My hype is real. My disappointment probably will be too. Animal Crossing is one of my favorite series.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Can't wait for microtransactions and energy limits out the rear end.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Deakul posted:

Can't wait for microtransactions and energy limits out the rear end.

Pay real money to open gifts you find, an energy limit on digging, pulling weeds, fishing, basically all actions. I don't know why people are expecting a 1:1 animal crossing and not just a microtransaction hell

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Free to play 2 hours on your save, unlock the rest for 9.99

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Apparently, DeNA is making a legit, no-foolin' Animal Crossing game for mobile. I need this (and Caves of Qud) on my phone like.... yesterday, assuming that it's not a bunch of freemium crap.

Was it confirmed that it's an actual Animal Crossing-rear end Animal Crossing game? I'd assumed it'd be in the style of Mario Run and/or Fire Emblem Heroes.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

Was it confirmed that it's an actual Animal Crossing-rear end Animal Crossing game? I'd assumed it'd be in the style of Mario Run and/or Fire Emblem Heroes.

Until this Wednesday, we don't know.

Please, Nintendo.... please... :negative:

EDIT: What the gently caress are you talking about? vvv

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 23, 2017

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
It's been leaked that it will be an actual Animal Crossing game with no IAP at all. But there will only be 100 copies available when it launches with more copes becoming available sometime in the future. Keep watching the site for more copies because they will only last for .11134123 seconds before they are gone again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

EDIT: What the gently caress are you talking about? vvv

I assume it is a joke about the snes mini or whatever