Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

whypick1 posted:

Reminder that you got 2 points you shouldn't have if the league weren't spineless cowards and actually obeyed the Laws.

MLS will totally use that fact to justify keeping things the same.

Oh well. I'd say this season could be the thing to convince FCD ownership to spend just a pinch more, but hahaha no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

MLS carries over red card suspensions to the next season right? Assuming no playoffs

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Ben Olsen

https://twitter.com/dcunited/status/922175191937175552

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Shinjobi posted:

MLS will totally use that fact to justify keeping things the same.

Oh well. I'd say this season could be the thing to convince FCD ownership to spend just a pinch more, but hahaha no.

To be fair didn't your big buys in Lamah and Colman kinda flop?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

XyrlocShammypants posted:

MLS carries over red card suspensions to the next season right? Assuming no playoffs

Yep, they carry over.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jack2142 posted:

To be fair didn't your big buys in Lamah and Colman kinda flop?

I suppose so. It's not complete doom and gloom for the team, honestly, as their youth league players seem to be developing nicely. But still, this season was a punch in the mouth after 2016's.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Atlanta is getting the All-Star Game, to the shock of basically no one.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Atlanta is getting the All-Star Game, to the shock of basically no one.

I hate that they try to hype it up as a big announcement. Nobody cares about the ASG anymore and we all knew what they were gonna say as soon as we learned it would be announced in Atlanta.

I'm just mad because MLS sent a push notification to my phone for this poo poo.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Nostradingus posted:

I hate that they try to hype it up as a big announcement. Nobody cares about the ASG anymore and we all knew what they were gonna say as soon as we learned it would be announced in Atlanta.

I'm just mad because MLS sent a push notification to my phone for this poo poo.

Disabling all notifications will set you free.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

tk posted:

Disabling all notifications will set you free.

There have been enough bugs in it that even that didn't always work. I had to uninstall and reinstall a few times in order to finally get it to stop sending me notifications about stupid bullshit like the all-star game

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Only have notifications on your phone for calls, text, and email

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Seltzer posted:

Only have notifications on your phone for calls, text, and email

I turned off email notifications four months ago and I feel so liberated. Never let your phone own you. Just other posters

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Imagine having push notifications on at all, let alone for MLS. Jesus wept.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Shinjobi posted:

I suppose so. It's not complete doom and gloom for the team, honestly, as their youth league players seem to be developing nicely. But still, this season was a punch in the mouth after 2016's.

It's the worst collapse in league history. Even our absolute poo poo season ain't so bad because of injuries and bad coach hires. Y'all have no excuse.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
FCD is all about making history, baby.:c00lbert:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Even our absolute poo poo season ain't so bad because of injuries and bad coach hires.

Your team won less games than Ben Olsen’s Shitheap with twice the payroll. You fielded the worst team in MLS 2017, somehow worse than DC, Minnesota and Colorado.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Your team won less games than Ben Olsen’s Shitheap with twice the payroll. You fielded the worst team in MLS 2017, somehow worse than DC, Minnesota and Colorado.

Yeah. That's right. And next year Lleget isn't going to be injured. Dude is worth at least 10 points on his own. And your team is still going to be poo poo and Benny will still be the coach.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Olsen is probably still standing in the center circle of RFK, looking forlornly at his favorite dive bar, and nobody has the heart to tell him to leave.

He asks for another few minutes, and they just nod and go to get him another cup of hot chocolate.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I got a seat out of RFK so the whole year was worth it

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
NASL filed a new anti-trust suit against USSF yesterday, the claim is that MLS tried to acquire the Cosmos in order to shut down the club.

https://twitter.com/KristianRDyer/status/922691094869106688

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

trem_two posted:

NASL filed a new anti-trust suit against USSF yesterday, the claim is that MLS tried to acquire the Cosmos in order to shut down the club.

Reminder that at the time that offer was made the Cosmos had already shut down and would have gone to liquidation if not for Commisso.

MLS just wanted to vulture the brand like Pinton, except that MLS actually runs soccer teams it could have been used for.

Commisso is throwing a lot of stuff at the wall in this lawsuit honestly, we'll see how much of it sticks.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 24, 2017

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
gently caress, they may be putting one of the conference semifinal matches on Halloween. Why the gently caress would you do that?

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Thanatosian posted:

gently caress, they may be putting one of the conference semifinal matches on Halloween. Why the gently caress would you do that?

think of the tifos tho

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Thanatosian posted:

Isn’t the answer to stupid scheduling poo poo always “TV”?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

trem_two posted:

This is dumb and entirely a PR move and Public Sympathy grab by Rocco. SUM/MLS were offering $5m for the Cosmos IP after the club was already defunct and shutdown. The non-compete clause is boiler-plate standard for IP acquisition in every industry. This is bullshit and no one in the courtroom will be swayed by this. This was done so more people would get on the MLS conspiracy bandwagon on Twitter and the internet.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Nostradingus posted:

think of the tifos tho

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

This is dumb and entirely a PR move and Public Sympathy grab by Rocco. SUM/MLS were offering $5m for the Cosmos IP after the club was already defunct and shutdown. The non-compete clause is boiler-plate standard for IP acquisition in every industry. This is bullshit and no one in the courtroom will be swayed by this. This was done so more people would get on the MLS conspiracy bandwagon on Twitter and the internet.

Where did you go to law school? LSAT score?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

It's still kind of a dumb thing, and I thought Non-Compete clauses are legally unenforceable in New York anyway.

If the Cosmos really did shut down last winter there was going to be no demand for the name, and whoever they gave money to wouldn't have used it for anything other than to line their own pockets.

trem_two posted:

IIRC this isn't actually a new lawsuit, but something from the current lawsuit that was leaked out from behind one of the points of a Gag Order specifically made with details like this potential transaction in mind.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Anyone know who will be televising playoff matches after the knock-out rounds?

I am trying to cut back on streaming services but want to be able to catch the playoffs with minimal hassle.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

ESPN/FS1/UniMas, with ESPN getting the final.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
UniMas gets the knockout round, the others will be split pretty much evenly between ESPN and FS1 in the US so you may be stuck.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Bill Hamid to Midtjylland is a done deal. Bill Hamid to never having a chance with the US national team is also a done deal

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Nostradingus posted:

Bill Hamid to Midtjylland is a done deal. Bill Hamid to never having a chance with the US national team is also a done deal

Oh, he’ll keep getting invites. And then Something will spontaneously combust inside his body. It’s like clockwork. Dude is allergic to the USMNT

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I would like for the New York Red Bulls to beat the Chicago Fire tonight.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Jovial Cow posted:

I would like for the New York Red Bulls to beat the Chicago Fire tonight.

Which team is more likely to upset Toronto? Maybe the team with the golden boot? Or the team from New Jersey?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

El Jebus posted:

Which team is more likely to upset Toronto? Maybe the team with the golden boot? Or the team from New Jersey?

seattle

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Oh god, please not again.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You have one but yourselves to blame if Seattle somehow repeats. :colbert:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

El Jebus posted:

Never count on New Jersey to come through in the clutch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
As a Seattle fan:

I would love to repeat, but really, Toronto deserves it. I'm okay with whatever happens, as long as we don't get knocked out by Portland.

• Locked thread