Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This sounds like a fake.
No it doesn't, I had a girl demand that I propose to her at three months in. Which I guess is flattering in a way but good lord girl cool your jets I don't even know if I like you enough to move your toothbrush into my bathroom let alone get you a ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

They've been banging for two years at this point. That sex genie isn't going back in it's bottle. Best case is they get married I guess, I dunno the situation is kinda hosed.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

LadyPictureShow posted:

From the timeline, the kids met at 16 and 14, and the stepson didn't live with them prior to moving to college.

To me it sounds like they weren't 'siblings close' as the mom views it, but knew each other long enough that they got along with each other/ had that sort of 'knowing someone close to school' safety net.

I hope I'm not a weirdo for not thinking there's anything gross or incest-y about the situation. Sure their parents got married, but it's not like they got together when their respective children were grade schoolers and all lived in the same house for over a decade.

No I agree with you. I think calling this “incest” really stretches the definition.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yea they weren't even married until the son left for college. I don't really have an issue with two family friends who met as teens loving after they grew up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Some noble lord from the 14th century is furious at their parents for complaining about their luck.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Yawgmoth posted:

No it doesn't, I had a girl demand that I propose to her at three months in. Which I guess is flattering in a way but good lord girl cool your jets I don't even know if I like you enough to move your toothbrush into my bathroom let alone get you a ring.
It's absolutely a fake. Well, sort of at least. It may be describing a real situation, but it was undoubtedly written by the guy in the situation. There's a bunch of, for lack of a better term, "self owns" scattered throughout. It's a guy writing from his girlfriend's POV, unflatteringly.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I always think it's weird when people who met when either was 13 or younger end up loving, but I accept that a lot of people seem to think it's fine, or even somehow cute. But if they grew up together in the same house, even if they aren't related by blood, any kind of sexual relationship is hugely hosed...but I understand that in this story, they didn't.

In short, I'm with the OP that this situation is weird and there's something wrong with those kids, but I guess that's on her as their mother.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

If the mom and dad weren't married but still dating, would this be an issue?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

I always think it's weird when people who met when either was 13 or younger end up loving, but I accept that a lot of people seem to think it's fine, or even somehow cute. But if they grew up together in the same house, even if they aren't related by blood, any kind of sexual relationship is hugely hosed...but I understand that in this story, they didn't.

In short, I'm with the OP that this situation is weird and there's something wrong with those kids, but I guess that's on her as their mother.

I've known my wife since I was 5 or 6 years old :spooky:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Also what happens if you’re dating someone and then your dad starts dating her mom or whatever. Do you have to breakup???

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

I always think it's weird when people who met when either was 13 or younger end up loving, but I accept that a lot of people seem to think it's fine, or even somehow cute.

Wha? So people who went to school together (like, starting in kindergarten/elementary) growing up and dating/getting married is somehow weird to you? I know at least 4 couples from my graduating class that did this. It's above your age cutoff of weirdness by a little bit, but I dated my wife in high school for a time, only to end up getting back together 7 or 8 years later.

That right down there below this post: :master:

Motronic fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 23, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

tactlessbastard posted:

I've known my wife since I was 5 or 6 years old :spooky:

Was she your babysitter?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

fruit on the bottom posted:

Was she your babysitter?

No, our grandparents are next door neighbors and we saw each other every holiday. I'm 2 years older.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Also what happens if you’re dating someone and then your dad starts dating her mom or whatever. Do you have to breakup???

I feel like several romantic comedies have touched on this.

'Legal' titles when it comes to marriage are weird sometimes. A cousin of mine got married, her younger sister and her husband's younger brother started dating, but some people that can't seem to make basic family tree charts were bamboozled by the fact 'that's her brother-in-law! That's his sister-in-law!'

(To mess with people I've brought up the story that two of my aunts are also cousins. Everyone's mind immediately jumps to some hosed up incest conclusion, but nah, WW2-era 'Joe married his brother's widow' situation. Still a little odd)

E:

tactlessbastard posted:

No, our grandparents are next door neighbors and we saw each other every holiday. I'm 2 years older.

:3: That's adorable.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

(To mess with people I've brought up the story that two of my aunts are also cousins. Everyone's mind immediately jumps to some hosed up incest conclusion, but nah, WW2-era 'Joe married his brother's widow' situation. Still a little odd)

I know a family where a set of identical twin brothers married a set of identical twin sisters so their respective children refer to each other as sibling cousins.

Sounds inbred as hell but instead its just weird family marriages.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

It was less adorable when we found out her mom and my dad had dated during college and nobody ever thought to mention it until we were already engaged.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Barudak posted:

I know a family where a set of identical twin brothers married a set of identical twin sisters so their respective children refer to each other as sibling cousins.

Sounds inbred as hell but instead its just weird family marriages.

I’ve always wondered if that ever happened.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

VanSandman posted:

You bet it has. I bet in a couple of cases they were swingers too.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

:chloe:

Like I said, I accept that many people see it that way, but I'll let the mother speak for me (except for her use of "literally"):

Palpek posted:

quote:

I also feel they could've literally picked anyone else in the world, 

Barudak
May 7, 2007

VanSandman posted:

To make it weirder, both families were next door neighbors in identical houses.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

You bet it has. I bet in a couple of cases they were swingers too.

I think I saw an online video with this premise before.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

VanSandman posted:

My boyfriend is a twin and me and his brother’s girlfriend look really really really similar. Like almost freakishly so. They can’t see it, but everyone else is like “whaaaa?”

That’s my twin dating story.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

this one was posted and deleted idk if it was a troll or what but holy poo poo

Family tragedy. My brother (25M) lost his wife (25F) and baby. I (29M) am worried about him and don't know what I can do to be there for him

Goddamn. This is one of the saddest stories in this thread up there with the woman who molested her kids. gently caress. :cripes:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Palpek posted:

My daughter [21F] with my step-son [23 M]. They sat my husband and I down last week, to tell us they've been dating for 2 years. Don't know how to proceed.

quote:

I'm not buying the "we're not siblings" act, because in my eyes they're both my children, which makes them brother-sister. That's how we've have introduced them to friends and family, and have treated them, so I can't suddenly stop seeing them that way (if that makes sense?). I also feel they could've literally picked anyone else in the world, except their step-sibling. Plus, they're young, there's a possibility this might not work out, so maybe I'm freaking out for nothing, but what if it does? And if they do break up, how will they be okay with constantly being around each other for the rest of their lives? How will their spouses be comfortable with this idea? Hell, I'm not.

I dunno chill out. They aren't brother and sister, they were two late teens you introduced to each other and then kept having both at parties and poo poo, of course they're gonna gently caress.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Admiral Ray posted:

I dunno chill out. They aren't brother and sister, they were two late teens you introduced to each other and then kept having both at parties and poo poo, of course they're gonna gently caress.

Yeah, I feel the same way. poo poo's awkward and will make for some
horrifying family gatherings... but their kids have zero blood relation and didn't even know each other prior to 5 years ago. Step-siblings into each other who grew up together is one (gross) thing, but they were both teenagers and one of them went off to college 2 years after they met. They may as well have been next door neighbors or classmates at that point. It's about as far from incest as you can get.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

LadyPictureShow posted:

'Legal' titles when it comes to marriage are weird sometimes. A cousin of mine got married, her younger sister and her husband's younger brother started dating, but some people that can't seem to make basic family tree charts were bamboozled by the fact 'that's her brother-in-law! That's his sister-in-law!'
There's a documentary about this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWJAbl_lV5A&t=8s

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Comments eventually lead to this, which OP admits is in play

quote:

Perhaps part of it is that each of you two parents clearly made an effort to make each child feel like your own, and this seems like an indicator that they dont, that you somehow failed to make it work as a nuclear family.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Admiral Ray posted:

Is 14 "late" now? The now-marrieds started dating seven years before.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Doc Hawkins posted:

Is 14 "late" now? The now-marrieds started dating seven years before.

Ah, I was thinking of the married for 5 years thing. But yeah, since they never lived together it doesn't really make a difference. Hell, even if they did, it would make barely any difference. Neither of the children think of the step parents as a "parent", just some older person that is loving their dad/mom, and they've also never thought of each other as siblings. Her issues are stemming from her effort to make it seem like she's, somehow, a replacement parent for the son and her husband is a replacement father for her daughter. That poo poo doesn't work out like that when your kids are in their mid teens already.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

quote:

When we started dating "officially" - we decided that it would be a good idea for the kids to get used to us as "mom/dad's friend" before we told them the truth. So, we hung out individually with each other's kids, and as a "family" as well. Eventually we broke the news to them, and there were no objections.
The fact that she thinks a 14 year old and 16 year old were fooled by "mom/dad's friend" says she has a really hard time seeing them as anything other than little kids. She was never the new mommy to an 18-year old she thinks she was.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Mom keeps staying over at her male friend's house, I WONDER WHAT THEY'RE DOING!??!

*begins making out with male friend's 14 year old daughter*

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I [18 M] am a college student live far away from my parents [50sM/40sF] and I'm not allowed to go outside for too long because if not, my sister [23F] would report them and gets mad at me

quote:

The title looks a bit too long but oh well.

So hi, I just entered college a few months ago and note that I'm still relying on my parents for money

Because of my schedule (college and organization mostly), I usually go outside all day until about 7PM when I finally came home. Because of this, my sister would tell my parents about this (lives in the same apartment) and so my parents would gets mad at me. They keep telling me that I shouldn't stay outside for too long because I'm still a child and not mature, unlike my sister. Ironically, my sister is very lazy and goes out longer than me until 8 or 9PM without getting my parents getting mad. All she does is sleeping all day and refuse to finish her thesis.

This really stressed me out because I can't concentrate when I'm class or doing some organization activities because my parents would gets mad at me for sure. And it feels like I'm still an overly protected child even though I'm a college student already.

How can I explain them about this? Because they don't listen to my reasoning at all and would basically throw a tantrum if I try to argue with them, especially with my mother.

I do have plans to get some simple job in order to convince them that I can earn money from my own hard-work. But I'm still asking here anyway just in case.

tl;dr: Parents won't let me go outside for too long and it really affects my schedule, how can I try to argue with them?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

TheScott2K posted:

I [18 M] am a college student live far away from my parents [50sM/40sF] and I'm not allowed to go outside for too long because if not, my sister [23F] would report them and gets mad at me

Proposition your sister for sex, then your parents can be mad at you for a real reason.

*edit*

Or just cut that bitch, snitches get stitches.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Can't find this on the sub but AAAAHHHHHHH

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/922509160591364098

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So which pairs of the Brady Bunch siblings are allowed to gently caress?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Why does my boyfriend [20M] like cuddling with me [20F] so much?

quote:

The boyfriend I had before didn't really like cuddling that much and i was always trying to get him to cuddle. But my current boyfriend seems to always want to cuddle. Sometimes he just randomly comes to my room and cuddles me really tight and when I tell him I have to go, he gets sad and hugs me harder. And when we sleep in the same bed, he likes to fall asleep cuddling nude and he doesn't even move around in his sleep. We usually wake up still cuddling and he likes to cuddle in the morning, too. He also sometimes wraps his arms around me and puts his face on my boobs or between them and stays like that for a long time. Why does he like to cuddle so much? I don't mind it, I just thought that guys weren't really into cuddling.

tl;dr: I don't get why my bf likes cuddling so much?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

To make it weirder, both families were next door neighbors in identical houses.

Narcissists!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

TheScott2K posted:

One thing that sucks about controlling parents that don't let their adult kids do anything is that some siblings develop a 'crab in a bucket' mentality. So the parent's will gets enforced in part by other siblings who tend to police one another since if they can't get away with it, why should their sisters?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Why does my boyfriend [20M] like cuddling with me [20F] so much?

Pretty confusing how some people behave differently than others!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

cumshitter posted:

So which pairs of the Brady Bunch siblings are allowed to gently caress?

Only their direct counterparts.