Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Was it Kirk that said while playing he had to look up in the air because he couldn't watch the police beat anyone that attempted to mosh, or was that someone in Pantera? Either way it's a sad story.

dogtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Duke Igthorn posted:

You guys remember the conspiracy that Obama had ordered Charleston North Carolina nuked and fired a bunch of the military when they wouldn't do it?

How hard do you think they'd applaud Trump for actually doing it?

charleston is in south carolina

edit: apparently it's an unincorporated township in NC but there's no way that's what you meant

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

withak posted:

Who goes to Iowa for vacation?

He has family there. (His wife's father just had his birthday)

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

Ok I think I've cracked this one. James Comey could be the tall guy (or is the road just very small?) in the attached pic.

As a man who is also that tall, that is James Comey, a fellow freakishly tall man.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleston,_Halifax_County,_North_Carolina

:colbert:

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Your Taint posted:

My wife and I took an impromptu road trip to Dubuque last year for our 10th anniversary.

how was the divorce?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

He's...pivoting?

He ordered all these bumper stickers that are just his name and his perfect eyesight, and I don't get why anyone would want that.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

theflyingorc posted:

edit: apparently it's an unincorporated township in NC but there's no way that's what you meant

https://www.mapquest.com/us/nc/charleston-283385667

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tim Whatley posted:

Have we considered bringing Metallica to the DMZ like we did to the USSR in 1991
First we need to send in the Scorps, just have them update Wind of Change with Juche stuff. Metallica to finish them off.

Nazzadan posted:

Just bring a drunk/drugged up Mustaine and party so he can accidentally start a riot again like he did when he mistakenly took the side of the IRA before playing Holy Wars
Mustaine's the backup in case we need to manufacture casus belli.

Duke Igthorn posted:

STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!!!
We'll see, we'll see!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

when "Scotland Neck" is the big nearby town, nobody lives in your town

source: have been to Scotland Neck, there's a sweet-rear end bird zoo there

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

lol. this is a good day :hf:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm pretty sure it was Metallica not Megadeth that performed in Moscow in 1991

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

BlueBlazer posted:

As a man who is also that tall, that is James Comey, a fellow freakishly tall man.

It could easily be a body double or possibly a clone.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

how was the divorce?

Still happily together.

We went to Spring Green, WI for the House on the Rock and some other things in that area, and kept seeing signs saying how far away Dubuque was. We were both saying things like "OH, WELL ONLY 80 MILES TO DUBUQUE!" and eventually it turned into "We should go." "Really?" "Yeah, why not?" "Ok, sure!" and we went. We saw some sort of Mississippi River museum and had lunch and then went back. It was pretty lame.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Hollismason posted:

I'm pretty sure it was Metallica not Megadeth that performed in Moscow in 1991

It was AC/DC, Pantera, Metallica and 2 other bands I don't remember/care about.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nazzadan posted:

It was AC/DC, Pantera, Metallica and 2 other bands I don't remember/care about.

true 90's kids remember the black crowes

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Your Taint posted:

Still happily together.

We went to Spring Green, WI for the House on the Rock and some other things in that area, and kept seeing signs saying how far away Dubuque was. We were both saying things like "OH, WELL ONLY 80 MILES TO DUBUQUE!" and eventually it turned into "We should go." "Really?" "Yeah, why not?" "Ok, sure!" and we went. We saw some sort of Mississippi River museum and had lunch and then went back. It was pretty lame.

This is probably the story about half of the strangers that find themselves in Dubuque. Really that story says more about Dubuque than anything.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Wow, walked back into the WH and refused to answer any questions after the presser.

Behind the scenes there has to be much panic and pants-making GBS threads.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Your Taint posted:

Behind the scenes there has to be much panic and pants-making GBS threads.

Oh is it a day?

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
https://twitter.com/realGollumTrump/status/920828312611704833

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Your Taint posted:

Still happily together.

I kind of like the bluffs in the Dubuque area. It's a properly good landscape to say goodbye to any interesting geological features for the next thousand miles.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone know what's up with this Nov 4th anarchy thing I keep seeing popup once in a while? Quick Google search is making me think it's nonsense so once nothing happens Trump supporters can talk poo poo about Antifa being cowards.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

boner confessor posted:

true 90's kids remember the black crowes

Black Crowes fans don't remember the 1990s, or when they were supposed to be at work, or what their kids names are.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Your Taint posted:

My wife and I took an impromptu road trip to Dubuque last year for our 10th anniversary.

Your marriage is loveless and you both should just accept that and separate amicably.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/ACapaccio/status/922525835738976257

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

The reason for this is what?

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Alright, bets on what this is gonna be about?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

aware of dog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L2Gve7oh_4

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Electric Phantasm posted:

Anyone know what's up with this Nov 4th anarchy thing I keep seeing popup once in a while? Quick Google search is making me think it's nonsense so once nothing happens Trump supporters can talk poo poo about Antifa being cowards.

There may at some point have been a local anti-Trump protest planned on November 4th, or maybe a strongly-worded blog post by some nobody calling for some kind of action on November 4th, or maybe it was made up by alt-righters/Russians looking to stir up poo poo. Regardless, it's at least 99.9% in the heads of conservatives and nowhere else.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

HootTheOwl posted:

Your marriage is loveless and you both should just accept that and separate amicably.

No, we're just odd and share a common interest in ripping on things we see to the amusement of the other person, and it got to the point where we pretty much HAD to go. We MST3K stuff on TV all the time. This was just a real life version.

Our marriage is awesome. :colbert:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Electric Phantasm posted:

Its the 100th anniversary of the Bolshsie rising or some poo poo.
So the world is going to end this 4th as all the assholes rise up again.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

aware of dog posted:

The missiles will have made impact just 5 minutes prior.

Cash out everything, buy guns, good and medical supplies, build a moat.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

There Bias Two posted:

Wasn't there an incident where a bomb was accidentally dropped on NC or something along those lines?

We've also lost a few in the ocean and left some in the open on a tarmac

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
What's left of your president's flaccid brain is engorged with a spunking of dopamine every time he publically humiliates himself. Eros is constantly tickling and stroking his Thanatos.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/922528014373703685

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

aware of dog posted:

The JCS always has a lot of plates in the fire, but I'll go with the comedy option, defending Trump.

quote:

During Thursday's news conference, Kelly shared the story of his son’s death in Afghanistan, a subject about which he is typically private. He said Gen. Joe Dunford, now chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, had consoled him with words similar to what the president said to Johnson’s widow this week.

“He was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed. He knew what he was getting into by joining that 1 percent,” Kelly said Dunford had told him. “He knew what the possibilities were because we’re at war, and when he died … he was surrounded by the best men on this earth, his friends.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/20/frederica-wilson-john-kelly-feud-243987

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

This ought to be interesting.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lXXvUIEy2o

That show looked dope as gently caress and its one of the stupidest things ever the cops were beating people during it

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016
Logically, the DoD probably will either address the Nigerian incident, or try (ineffectively) to assuage fears that the Trump admin will start a pre-emptive war against North Korea.

But my paranoid, Trump-hating id is still screaming at me that they will announce a nuclear strike on Pyongyang.

Edit: too slow, didn't read the second tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

withak posted:

Who goes to Iowa for vacation?

Normal human being, Mark Zuckerberg.

• Locked thread