Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

OldMemes posted:

Yeah that story is used by racists to try and justify slavery, but it doesn't mention race, just that Noah is angry at Ham. And remember, Noah doesn't have the authority to curse Ham, only God does. So yeah, Noah is angry at his son (and if you look into some of the various interprations scholars have of the story, Noah might have the right to be angry), but it's a big leap in logic from "Noah disowns his son, hopes that his line fails and his descendants are losers" to a pro-white supremeist reading.

That's the beauty of the Bible, you can make it say whatever you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Honestly I kind of want to curse Ham's snitch rear end brothers.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
"I am your Lord and verily I say upon ye, snitches get stitches"

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Oh, I know! I just wanted to take that opportunity to beat up on Ken Ham some more.

You gonna go ham on them, son

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Low hanging fruit, I know, but from the lol Trump thread:

bloom posted:

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/922428137857679360

Oh boy I can't wait for Donny to go on the attack directly against the widow.

Sitting US President Donald J Trump literally calls an army widow a liar on Twitter.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

as long as I live I will never get over the fact that the actual president of the god damned United States has the word "real" in his dumb loving Twitter handle

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

as long as I live I will never get over the fact that the actual president of the god damned United States has the word "real" in his dumb loving Twitter handle

He had the handle before he was President, and a lot of celebrities have their name on services like that snatched up quickly so they need to add something to it. There's a metric fuckton of poo poo to mock Trump about, but that's not really one of them.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Avenging_Mikon posted:

He had the handle before he was President, and a lot of celebrities have their name on services like that snatched up quickly so they need to add something to it. There's a metric fuckton of poo poo to mock Trump about, but that's not really one of them.

It's still surreal that this is reality, which I think was more pastry of the year's point.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Oh, I know! I just wanted to take that opportunity to beat up on Ken Ham some more.

Let's be honest, he looks real easy to beat up too.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Yeah man totally. Being black in America was and still is totally awesome and not at all difficult, unlike being a white man what with his burden and such

:rolleyes:

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Scratch Monkey posted:

Yeah man totally. Being black in America was and still is totally awesome and not at all difficult, unlike being a white man what with his burden and such

:rolleyes:

The white man invented walls and windows and carries the world on his shoulders basically.

Dejawesp has a new favorite as of 16:22 on Oct 23, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejawesp posted:

The white man invented walls and windows and carries the world on his shoulders basically.

You'd think that kind of guy would hate white dudes with dreads

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dejawesp posted:

George Washington Carver didn't invent peanut butter I'm afraid.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Good luck not consumimg any media in a society that worships it and defines itself by it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh, to be this online

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Video games might not be a safe space away from women, but I’m sure his bedroom is.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

zoux posted:

George Washington Carver didn't invent peanut butter I'm afraid.

"Hey, listen. I know you just lost your son overseas, and I just wanted to say, from the bottom of my heart, that I'm sorry. Anyways, this is Javier Bardem, and I'm about to pass the phone to Vin Diesel. We uh, actually got all of Hollywood in on this call so it's gonna be a second, sorry."

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

zoux posted:

Oh, to be this online

I had a friend who moved to LA to support her unfunny boyfriend and his comedy career. Dude would literally come home from work and not say a word to her for hours because he was on Twitter writing "comedy".

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

OldMemes posted:

Yeah that story is used by racists to try and justify slavery, but it doesn't mention race, just that Noah is angry at Ham. And remember, Noah doesn't have the authority to curse Ham, only God does. So yeah, Noah is angry at his son (and if you look into some of the various interprations scholars have of the story, Noah might have the right to be angry), but it's a big leap in logic from "Noah disowns his son, hopes that his line fails and his descendants are losers" to a pro-white supremeist reading.

IIRC the shift of the curse from Ham to Canaan was a later interpolation to justify Canaanite genocide.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

CommonShore posted:

I'm playing out a vignette in my head in which this guy's scheme actually works and he ends up on a date with some violence-obsessed and extremely gullible woman who starts bragging about how her date is an MMA fighter and she creates a scene which gets his rear end kicked.

We never see the fight, just Jerry and Kramer's reactions to it. George wakes up a week later in the hospital and breaks up with the girl by text message because she set up a rematch.

Dr Snofeld has a new favorite as of 18:40 on Oct 23, 2017

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Julian Assange is having a twitter meltdown today about how male feminists are the real rapists
https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/921944243597463552

The blue dot next to his name is his personal verification, which he added himself after he melted down over the weekend about twitter not verifying him

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Username/post combo of the month.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

There's nothing special about them - they're just like... bags of... sand...
I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth :colbert:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Dejawesp posted:

That guy, uh, sure has some comics

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

what is that second one even supposed to be

also why does this guy draw like a knock off shmorky, thats a pretty poo poo style to emulate

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Redpanels, like Adam4d, are examples of conservative humor and strawman arguments. Just gotta keep stickin' to them libs.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
The second one seems like a bunch of "um, actually" rules-lawyering to explain why people who associate with Nazis and help spread their ideas totally aren't Nazis. At least he stopped making those terrible comics.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Somfin posted:

For future reference, this smiley now exists: :preacher:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The numbers represent the 14 words and 88 precepts that Nazis live by (‘we must secure a future for our white children blah blah blah’ nonsense).

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

on the bored wop posted:

That guy, uh, sure has some comics

They are like a traffic accident. You can't look away.

This one can be viewed in several ways

The Illuminati is real but Trump would never join an elitist origination bent on world domination

Trumps application was rejected

Dejawesp has a new favorite as of 19:52 on Oct 23, 2017

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

EL BROMANCE posted:

The numbers represent the 14 words and 88 precepts that Nazis live by (‘we must secure a future for our white children blah blah blah’ nonsense).

88 is because H is the eighth character of the alphabet. HH. Heil Hitler.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ScottPresler/status/922480456762871808

:lol:

The photo choice is perfect

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Wait so Milo isn't white?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CommonShore posted:

Wait so Milo isn't white?

He's Greek so I doubt a white supremacist would consider him white.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Avenging_Mikon posted:

It’s a dual use meaning, but the 88 precepts are also written by the same chucklefuck who wrote the 14 words and 1488 definitely refers to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_Precepts

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

zoux posted:

He's Greek so I doubt a white supremacist would consider him white.

Well, part Greek, anyhow. And part Irish. And more British than either.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

“Why do people keep calling me a Nazi I just don’t get it”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

No, Facebook, I don't know this guy and I don't want to know this guy. What the loving gently caress.