Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Serotonin posted:

I'm no expert lads, what with being a new fan, but we hire a new offensive coordinator and we go from best offense in nfl to utter poo poo. Is there some sort of issue here?

He needs to return to his drunken form. This play calling is way too sober.

Seriously though, he has zero originality, zero excitement, all the misdirection last year is gone, it's just completely uninspiring. That jet sweep on 4th and like 3 inches was ridiculous and should get him fired alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

He needs to return to his drunken form. This play calling is way too sober.

Seriously though, he has zero originality, zero excitement, all the misdirection last year is gone, it's just completely uninspiring. That jet sweep on 4th and like 3 inches was ridiculous and should get him fired alone.

HOW DO YOU PULL THAT WITH AN EMPTY BACKFIELD!!!!!!!

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

Falcons coach Dan Quinn: "By no means are we going to change anything on a grand scheme.''

i wanted to make a comment but i don't have one. sticking to your retarded scheme after that game is so loving stupid.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

i wanted to make a comment but i don't have one. sticking to your retarded scheme after that game is so loving stupid.

lol, gently caress this poo poo.

If you come out of that game thinking changes are not in order, then you've resigned to mediocrity, and as a professional competitor, that should be a firing offense.

The best offense in the league last year can't consistently put up 20 points! Same personnel! Same playbook!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please stick with the scheme. The Saints playoffs hopes rest on being the least addlepated team in the division

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If sark gets tired before Shula there is no justice in the world

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

quote:

Falcons coach Dan Quinn: "By no means are we going to change anything on a grand scheme.''

I wonder if forcing Sark to go back to drinking like a fish counts as a grand scheme change

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

lol, gently caress this poo poo.

If you come out of that game thinking changes are not in order, then you've resigned to mediocrity, and as a professional competitor, that should be a firing offense.

The best offense in the league last year can't consistently put up 20 points! Same personnel! Same playbook!

hey at least he's telling the fans that there is zero reason to attend or watch games

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/922471130996162560

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

hey at least he's telling the fans that there is zero reason to attend or watch games

Sark has literally never been a coordinator at the Pro level before in his loving life. Why did we hire this chuckle-gently caress?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

Sark has literally never been a coordinator at the Pro level before in his loving life. Why did we hire this chuckle-gently caress?

he's dan quinn's friend

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's the "hey it's ok buddy i'll hook you up with a job" except a professional football team

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
gently caress nick Saban tho

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Saints are, no joke, the best coached team in the division this year. Let that sink in.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Saints are, no joke, the best coached team in the division this year. Let that sink in.

What a world we live in!

I say before next game let Sark get all sauced up like old times and see what kind of fun slingin we can do out there. I feel like if we lose against the Jets, that may be enough for a mid season firing. Let Matt go all Peyton and run his own drat plays. So much stupidity in the calls and timing of the calls coming down from Sark.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

What a world we live in!

I say before next game let Sark get all sauced up like old times and see what kind of fun slingin we can do out there. I feel like if we lose against the Jets, that may be enough for a mid season firing. Let Matt go all Peyton and run his own drat plays. So much stupidity in the calls and timing of the calls coming down from Sark.

he should have been immediately fired after that loving fourth and inches

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
if sark's getting fired it won't be this year though. if dq can look at last night and say "nah, the scheme is fine" then there's no reason to even invest in this team anymore.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i mean maybe i am mr. negative man but after watching that i don't see how anyone could have a glimmer of hope for this team, especially after the loving milquetoast "it's just execution" dq keeps repeating

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sword_man.gif posted:

i mean maybe i am mr. negative man but after watching that i don't see how anyone could have a glimmer of hope for this team, especially after the loving milquetoast "it's just execution" dq keeps repeating

You are probably right, and from what I'm reading this morning it backs the notion that Sark won't be going anywhere this season.

I didn't watch the game live, but recorded it and flew threw it after the fact and this team just doesn't even look anything like the team last year and they lost no one (personnel) other than a FB...it's craaaaaaaaazy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Reminder: The Pats D is one of the worst in the league, currently. We couldn't hang 20 points on them with a special teams ace playing corner.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Reminder: The Pats D is one of the worst in the league, currently. We couldn't hang 20 points on them with a special teams ace playing corner.

Dumb penalties in crucial moments and a pee wee level offensive play book will do that to you.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

sword_man.gif posted:

if sark's getting fired it won't be this year though. if dq can look at last night and say "nah, the scheme is fine" then there's no reason to even invest in this team anymore.

You're misspelling Shula and Rivera but I get your point and I'm right there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dumb penalties in crucial moments and a pee wee level offensive play book will do that to you.

Look, I like what the D line has been bringing and the secondary is looking pretty good. We've holding teams to ~24 points pretty regularly, which is leaps and bounds better than 2016... but they GOTTA STOP DRAWING ROUGHING THE PASSER FLAGS!

That behavior absolutely lost us the 'Phins game and destroyed any possibility for 1st half momentum last night.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/stevereedap/status/922504806333284353

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

scored 3 points, I'm happy with what we're doing offensively
scored 7 points, We're not looking to change anything in the scheme

How the gently caress did TWO different professional coaches express something this stupid?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

This was not unusual in recent memory.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Look, I like what the D line has been bringing and the secondary is looking pretty good. We've holding teams to ~24 points pretty regularly, which is leaps and bounds better than 2016... but they GOTTA STOP DRAWING ROUGHING THE PASSER FLAGS!

That behavior absolutely lost us the 'Phins game and destroyed any possibility for 1st half momentum last night.

Yeah, and it's the one thing I always point to that I liked about Mike Smith's tenure in that the players did not commit penalties. These guys are just taking free will on opposing qb's and it is costing us big time with negating turnovers and extending drives.

Also some fun tweets from Mike Conti on just how wtf our offense is this year...

https://twitter.com/MikeConti929/status/922445391349641217

https://twitter.com/MikeConti929/status/922445953923272709

https://twitter.com/MikeConti929/status/922442607753682944

This one gets me. 1 target to Hoop, 0 to Coleman. Like WTF is Sark even doing with Coleman besides completely wasting him?

https://twitter.com/MikeConti929/status/922301639448563713

https://twitter.com/MikeConti929/status/922300138248376321

Another head scratcher.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

scored 3 points, I'm happy with what we're doing offensively
scored 7 points, We're not looking to change anything in the scheme

How the gently caress did TWO different professional coaches express something this stupid?

If you're not going to fire him you still have to work with him, and no matter how true it might be "the offensive playcalling sucks and is a big part of the reason why we are losing games" is not really helpful. The fact that the two head coaches in question are former defensive coordinators & therefore can't take it upon themselves to become the primary playcaller is also a factor.

In Rivera's case it's the same as it's always been: keeping guys with no successful HC experience on his staff makes it tougher to fire him & name an interim from within.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I like this graphic.

All along, we've just been asking for an adequate defense. And now it looks like we have one. Plus an actual running game. We are living in strange times indeed.

Send Brees out on a high note like Elway. Then he can run for mayor or governor or whatever else he wants to.

On a side note, I wonder how Adrian Peterson is feeling this morning. I bear him no ill will, but you know opposing defenses are just gonna stuff the run now since Palmer's out.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its not like those are actual real percentages made with math, would it kill them to make the Saints chance 69%

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Alaois posted:

its not like those are actual real percentages made with math, would it kill them to make the Saints chance 69%

ESPN's FPI is a strange and magical formula. Who are we as mere mortals to question it?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I like this graphic.

All along, we've just been asking for an adequate defense. And now it looks like we have one. Plus an actual running game. We are living in strange times indeed.

Send Brees out on a high note like Elway. Then he can run for mayor or governor or whatever else he wants to.

On a side note, I wonder how Adrian Peterson is feeling this morning. I bear him no ill will, but you know opposing defenses are just gonna stuff the run now since Palmer's out.

Please do not create a scenario in which I vote for Senator Brees

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Barudak posted:

Please do not create a scenario in which I vote for Senator Brees

You tell me any scenario in which Brees wins another Super Bowl for the Saints, runs for Louisiana Political Office X and doesn't win.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I wonder if forcing Sark to go back to drinking like a fish counts as a grand scheme change

Just keep him lightly buzzed, not hammered. An hour before the game he can have a Bud Light (Official beer of the NFL) and another can every 45 minutes.

Alaois posted:

But then the percentages would add up to 106% instead of the current 101%

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 23, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

Just keep him lightly buzzed, not hammered. An hour before the game he can have a Bud Light (Official beer of the NFL) and another can every 45 minutes.

Shot for every touchdown scored

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shot for every touchdown scored
Then Sark is going to be all WE NEED MORE POINTS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ83nnODDjs
Bonus footage of Jake Delhomme playing for the Saints in this clip.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Two Tone Shoes posted:

This was not unusual in recent memory.

Its been untrue for the last 5 years or so I’d say. Also, they share a division with the previous two NFC Super Bowl representatives.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

You tell me any scenario in which Brees wins another Super Bowl for the Saints, runs for Louisiana Political Office X and doesn't win.

“Candidate Brees(D)”

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CannonFodder posted:

Two minute warning hits and he cracks an olde english as the Popeye spinach theme plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Barudak posted:

“Candidate Brees(D)”

"Well obviously that stands for who Dat."

• Locked thread