Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jay Rust posted:

My gamer hipster triumph: a Mario bandana

Sounds like someone needs to get Super Mario on Compact. Disco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Dear diary, today I visited a cave populated by mushroom people whose literal only purpose of existence is to make me trip balls so hard that I can see and climb on platforms that don't even exist.

:shroom:

Also, attended a local poetry jam.

This game is a lot weirder but also kinda more impressive than I initially expected.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 23, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Really Pants posted:

VA-11 Hall-A was a big fat nothing and I have no idea why anyone insisted it was good

Every character was written in the same voice and were all thinly veiled hot takes about such and such topics. It was completely exhausting! They weren't even bad takes I just didn't care!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kanfy posted:

Dear diary, today I visited a cave populated by mushroom people whose literal only purpose of existence is to make me trip balls so hard that I can see and climb on platforms that don't even exist.

:shroom:

Also, attended a local poetry jam.

This game is a lot weirder but also kinda more impressive than I initially expected.

whoa what game is this?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

whoa what game is this?

Treasure Adventure Game

no, really

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

My gamer hipster triumph: a Mario bandana
I have a Mario bobble head. I heard if you break it you get a 1UP IRL.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Really Pants posted:

Treasure Adventure Game

no, really

It came with my GOG account but I never bothered to open it. You are doing the devs a service because it has certainly caught my attention.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Hello games chat. I hope you are all having a spooptacular Monday. I'm riding back north and look forward to crashing on the couch and then counting the days until the HZD DLC release.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
I have a couple of bucks of App Store credit, how the gently caress does anyone keep up with sales and poo poo?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Hello games chat. I hope you are all having a spooptacular Monday. I'm riding back north and look forward to crashing on the couch and then counting the days until the HZD DLC release.

Rumor is that one of the new DLC abilities is having a permanent robot companion that attacks stuff for you. I hope it is a super kawaii Watcher.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

It came with my GOG account but I never bothered to open it. You are doing the devs a service because it has certainly caught my attention.

I liked it. It's like Wind Waker, only 2D and a bit twisted.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

Rumor is that one of the new DLC abilities is having a permanent robot companion that attacks stuff for you. I hope it is a super kawaii Watcher.

The Watchers are pretty cute. :3:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I can def recommend calibrating your TV in prep for Horizon for the second part of your dinohunting.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

The platforming is a touch clunky and I've hit a bug or three, so if one lacks that old-school gaming patience the remake is maybe the one to go for when it comes out, but for a one-man project from years ago distributed for free it's real impressive. I figured it'd be a short silly platformer but it's actually a big-rear end game with a ton of detail, definitely a labor of love.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i like how NeoGAF has been "undergoing regularly scheduled maintenance" for like 3-4 days now. just put up a message like "PEOPLE hosed UP we'll talk about it later"

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Zeeman posted:

I have a couple of bucks of App Store credit, how the gently caress does anyone keep up with sales and poo poo?

iOS App Store? I use Touch Arcade. If you log in, you can add games to a watch list and then it'll tell you when they go on sale etc.

It was better when the App version worked, but because Apple stopped approving alternate App Store interfaces, the app died when the 32 bit apocalypse happened.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

doingitwrong posted:

iOS App Store? I use Touch Arcade. If you log in, you can add games to a watch list and then it'll tell you when they go on sale etc.

It was better when the App version worked, but because Apple stopped approving alternate App Store interfaces, the app died when the 32 bit apocalypse happened.

Yeah, iOS. I don't know why they can't have a tab that's just "Here are games on sale this week", as opposed to needing 3rd parties to do it for them.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Quest For Glory II posted:

i like how NeoGAF has been "undergoing regularly scheduled maintenance" for like 3-4 days now. just put up a message like "PEOPLE hosed UP we'll talk about it later"

He wants this page up because it has ads so people keep refreshing to see if it's back and get ads.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Okay I'll stop after this but I've got to say that this is pretty great

A robot boss who protects its giant weak point you need to hit with a force field.

How to get past it you ask?

Get high as gently caress on mushrooms and hallucinate that it's a giant crab monster instead. After all unlike robots, crabs don't have force fields.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Zeeman posted:

You could also look at appshopper.com for sales on every app in the App store if you wanted.

Zeeman posted:

Yeah, iOS. I don't know why they can't have a tab that's just "Here are games on sale this week", as opposed to needing 3rd parties to do it for them.

Yeah it's dumb

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The app store backend doesn't have the concept of "sales", when something is announced as "on sale" it means it's been manually changed to a different pricing tier and marketing rewrote the description to mention being on sale.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Close it down imo.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Is there a way to see a list of newly registered accounts? I imagine SA will see some sort of bump as NeoGAF users to migrating to a similar service.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

LawfulWaffle posted:

Is there a way to see a list of newly registered accounts? I imagine SA will see some sort of bump as NeoGAF users to migrating to a similar service.

SA doesn't exactly have the same culture as GAF did...

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Also no one wants to join a dead forum

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Also also there's an announcement post specifically telling them not to come here.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

MMF Freeway posted:

Also also there's an announcement post specifically telling them not to come here.

Like those guys ever took "No" for an answer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Both Waypoint and Giant Bomb have addressed that they're getting a large influx of new users, there is definitely a migration going on

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I played doki doki literature club late last night after someone in here mentioned it and it hosed up my sleep cause I'm a big baby lmao

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They'd be going to other gaming or social media sites, not the ancient paid forum.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hope we don't get drafted into the flame war

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Can't wait to talk about Hot Pockets on the spinoff forum NeoGaffigan.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Gonna be honest, I'm surprised that the owner of the site being accused of sexual assault was enough to cause NeoGaf to implode. I didn't think the average gamer cared enough about that for it to be such an issue.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

This is the only forum I use and it's a billion times better than the old forums I used to frequent. I'm biased but I think SA Forums have a lot left to give to this world, a lot of jokes and camaraderie that's easy to downplay but is really very endearing.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Everytime I try to go to a new forum or chat program I get confused and frustrated by the layout like an old person.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

LawfulWaffle posted:

Holy poo poo

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

LawfulWaffle posted:

:drat:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
out of all the 10 million smash clones with indie characters out there, i'm surprised no one from undertale is in any of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

LawfulWaffle posted:

:chef-doing-the-c'est-magnifique-finger-sign:

• Locked thread