Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

If America spun a new series this would be it.

Triggered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Also, I feel like Ferrari is kind of screwed. They're going to have to compete directly with the Renault customers next year, not just hope Lewis occasionally melts down or a track doesn't suit Mercedes.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm not sure I can take another merc year if they win again next year

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

I'm not sure I can take another merc year if they win again next year

MotoGP is calling.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Did anyone find out what this was?

https://streamable.com/7abfz

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

At least Mercedes' dominance allows Hamilton, a good driver, to have the same number of titles as Vettel, a bad driver.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I feel like anyone waiting for an f1 season without one very dominant team is going to be waiting a long time

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Brainwrong posted:

A dragon sized freedom eagle #blessing Lewis Hamilton's career.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
loving hell I'm going down the rabbit hole of booking a test drive on a Honda CR-Z. At least it'll be a hybrid Honda that doesn't lunch itself regularly.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The CR-Z is no 2003 Toyota Corolla S. Don't even bother friend.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

loving hell I'm going down the rabbit hole of booking a test drive on a Honda CR-Z. At least it'll be a hybrid Honda that doesn't lunch itself regularly.

Get hosed, traitor.

No Surrender No Honda

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
UK Corollas haven't been good since the GT Four days and there's no way I'm touching anything Type-R as they have been 'tastefully modified' in the same way that Harvey Weinstein victims have been 'lovingly caressed'.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Skarsnik posted:

I feel like anyone waiting for an f1 season without one very dominant team is going to be waiting a long time

Six months isn't very long

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

Get hosed, traitor.

No Surrender No Honda

My last car was a BMW 645Ci. It was more Honda F1 than Honda F1.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

My last car was a BMW 645Ci. It was more Honda F1 than Honda F1.

Buy a Porsche Cayman.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth should try owning high strung 1980s sports car poo poo before running his mouth. Every day I drive the Corolla I am in an ocean of calm unlike the Scirocco or RX7 where every drive is like a bad drug trip level of paranoia.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I would not own anything German designed made post 95 or so, especially pre-owned.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

My last car was a

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Brainwrong posted:

Going theory it's a turkey vulture with some optical fuckery to make the shadow so huge.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

Buy a Porsche Cayman.

I toyed with the idea of a dirt cheap Boxster, but buying a once expensive car on the cheap and experiencing first hand the financial misery has somewhat coloured me against doing it again. Part of the reason I'm enticed by the CR-Z is because it's 9/10ths the level of fun you could have in a CR-X but with the reassurance nobody has to send flowers to my mother if I get it wrong, which is why I'm put off a 205GTi.

e: fun story, the day after I hit 140mph in my BMW on the motorway, the suspension collapsed during the night after as it was sat on the driveway. A front coil sheared from metal fatigue. :v:

Theophany fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 23, 2017

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just loving buy the 1980s hatchback you pussy. You haven't lived until you daily drive for five years knowing you're completely hosed in a low speed accident.

Me and my friend would judge how healthy the Scirocco's suspension one based on how many times our heads would hit the roof on TSD rallies lol.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Just loving buy the 1980s hatchback you pussy. You haven't lived until you daily drive for five years knowing you're completely hosed in a low speed accident.

Me and my friend would judge how healthy the Scirocco's suspension one based on how many times our heads would hit the roof on TSD rallies lol.

There are literally none worth buying here. It'd have to be the 1.6 VTEC and not hosed around with by some council estate barry boy.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

There are literally none worth buying here. It'd have to be the 1.6 VTEC and not hosed around with by some council estate barry boy.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That's not going to happen lol, you just have to get one thats been hosed with then Lego together the hotter engine and suspension.

When I bought the Scirocco it was lowered by somebody taking a hacksaw to the stock springs lmbo.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000 posted:

or have one of the best cars with a garbageman in your car.

A Finnman?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I will not spend north of £10k on a car, gently caress that noise.

1500quidporsche posted:

That's not going to happen lol, you just have to get one thats been hosed with then Lego together the hotter engine and suspension.

When I bought the Scirocco it was lowered by somebody taking a hacksaw to the stock springs lmbo.

Yes, but I want a working and usable car, not a vintage coffin that I could well conceivably Piers Courage in on a routine trip to buy cooked meats and cheeses.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

heh.

e: https://www.formula1.com/sp/static/f1/2017/live/Austin/Race/Austin_Race_GRO-5.mp3

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 23, 2017

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe
Mad Max doing some slot car racing.

He managed to crash on the first turn and took all but one car out.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

I will not spend north of £10k on a car, gently caress that noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDCgp6JW8Ug

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Yes, but I want a working and usable car, not a vintage coffin that I could well conceivably Piers Courage in on a routine trip to buy cooked meats and cheeses.

Same chassis and year as the Scirocco. Definitely would've at the bare minimum broken both my legs lmbo
https://youtu.be/a4VFg8dBNfk

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Same chassis and year as the Scirocco. Definitely would've at the bare minimum broken both my legs lmbo
https://youtu.be/a4VFg8dBNfk

Um, chest cavity too. You'd literally be Frank Wheeliams - tetraplegic and fishing around for bin tyres :stare:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

Um, chest cavity too. You'd literally be Frank Wheeliams - tetraplegic and fishing around for bin tyres :stare:

Frank flipped the car upside down while not wearing any seatbelts and cracked his spine against the ceiling.

This is more of a 'ur fukken ded, m8' scenario.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

Frank flipped the car upside down while not wearing any seatbelts and cracked his spine against the ceiling.

The synergy of him then going on to hire Maldonado :swoon:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

I remember doing autocross with it and had to open the sunroof so I could fit in it with my helmet lol.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

Why stop there? Make drivers have to be contracted to the FIA/F1 directly and allow teams to make bids on them at the end of every season and they bid with R&D/Upgrade tokens so you can like bid a ton and have one of the best drivers on the grid but your car will be poo poo or have one of the best cars with a garbageman in your car.

gently caress off, this sounds awesome

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

This is awesome. Get hosed, Grossbaby Cryjeans

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

1500quidporsche posted:

every drive is like a bad drug trip level of paranoia.

This is pretty much how I feel with my SVT Focus.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Drivers aren't contracted to a team, but win prize money like the teams do.
Every race is a le mans style run-to-the-car start.
You can get in whatever car you want.
There's still separate driver and constructor championships.

I don't know how you'd pick the field of drivers.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Skarsnik posted:

Merc wasn't really dominant this year imo, just more reliable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy gently caress Hass hate Grossjean

• Locked thread