Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
i saw an "evolution is a lie" highway sign in utah like a year ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

do u know jenny posted:

lol I just checked and Laura Loomer gets paid $60,000 a year to post on Twitter:

http://freestartr.com/project/support-laura-loomer-citizen-journalism/

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/23/opinion/fascism-protest-university-oregon.html

destroy the nytimes

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"I have nothing against protest. It is a time-honored form of communicating dissent."
*writes an article making GBS threads on protesters*

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e: oops mixed up my trial names

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

his name is literally schill, like all things escalator this is beyond parody

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

"Fundamentally, fascism is about the smothering of dissent" :thunk: That's fundamental to literally any social movement. Liberalism was about the smothering of monarchism, which was dissent to the idea that there is no such thing as a natural or divine right to rule.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Legitimate protest would not inconvenience or discomfort good people like myself.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Ruzihm posted:

"Fundamentally, fascism is about the smothering of dissent"

had somebody bust that one out on me, with the obvious follow-up "just like antifa"

a shameful rhetoric

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the primary purpose that the presiden of the university of oregon serves is making sure that nike gets advertising and good publicity via its athletes

RatEarth
Aug 7, 2017

I didn't say that.
but it'd be funny if I did

Being a Gorilla is more than a mindset...
It's a lifestyle.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

LordSaturn posted:

had somebody bust that one out on me, with the obvious follow-up "just like antifa"

a shameful rhetoric

I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers. First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: :siren:"I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action":siren:; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ruzihm posted:

I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers. First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: :siren:"I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action":siren:; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."

someone tell this racist they can't say negro anymore - a white moderate, probably

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i swear there’s at least one of these columns every fucken week

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
if a protest isn't legitimate the government has ways of shutting it down

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

quote:

I have nothing against protest. It is a time-honored form of communicating dissent. Often, the concerns students express very much deserve to be addressed. But the tactic of silencing, which has been deployed repeatedly at universities around the country, only hurts these activists’ cause. Rather than helping people who feel they have little power or voice, students who squelch speech alienate those who are most likely to be sympathetic to their message.

Bahahahahahahaha

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

what did he do to get ppl protesting him

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

looks like he allowed literal fascists and white supremacists to speak at the university and now he's upset people are telling him he's enabling fascism and white supremacy

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

rising tuition while being paid $800,000 probably

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

here's what i found after 1 google search. feel like some info is missing http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/36028956-75/story.csp

quote:

Schill was set to talk about a $50 million gift from an anonymous donor who will give the money during the next five years without requiring it go to a specific program. UO officials left after the protesters took over the ballroom. UO officials decided to cancel Schill’s address after about 10 minutes of ongoing protest, which included a speech delivered by bullhorn.

The protesters aired grievances about the university ­under Schill’s leadership, including ever-rising student tuition and fees and the treatment of ­minority students. In part to cover its rising personnel expenses, including academic and administrative salary and retirement costs, the UO steadily had increased tuition rates.

Some of the protesters held two large signs, saying “CEO Schill” and “Take Back Our Campus.” Members of the group raised fists into the air during the protest. “It’s up to the ­students to get together and take our power back,” Charlie Landeros, a ­protest organizer, told media after the protest. He said he felt the $50 million donation should be spent helping low-income students cover tuition costs.

The group behind the UO protest put out a press release late Friday afternoon, listing 22 demands, including a tuition freeze and plan to lower tuition during the next five years, an end of faculty layoffs, and a ban on U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents coming on campus.

Responding to an online post by Schill, the group offered its own opinions on free speech.

“Free speech is the right of individuals and communities to express themselves without repression from the state,” according to the group. “The students are not the state nor the repressors. Taking to the stage and using this platform was an act of free speech — not a violation of it.”

Among the topics Schill hoped to cover in his address were a soon-to-be-built Black Cultural Center, a new ­science and technology media ­center and nine new endowed faculty chair positions. He also planned to detail the significance of the $50 million anonymous gift to the university.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

rising tuition while being paid $900,000 probably

I mean this too but it seems like he's more upset about the other thing

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Admiral Ray posted:

Bahahahahahahaha

Vulnerable people hate it when folks protest fascism.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

SpaceGoku posted:

I mean this too but it seems like he's more upset about the other thing

i dunno, tbh. looking at their blog thing it says some poo poo about a professor that got pushed out for wearing blackface and about how the athletics director was a poo poo, but other than that, i see nothin'

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

please remember to protest quietly and out of the way!

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Mike Cernovich used to write a ton of disgusting rape fanfiction, and it's really easy to find on the internet. How come he's not hit with this everyday?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Every single time I go to click on this thread the title makes me laugh.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

http://www.oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2017/10/protesters_disrupt_announcemen.html

so i found this about the protest against schill and yeah it still seems more about money than anything.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Anyone with on probation and traveling and has pending charges is an agent.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

viral spiral posted:

Mike Cernovich used to write a ton of disgusting rape fanfiction, and it's really easy to find on the internet. How come he's not hit with this everyday?

he also composed a beautiful tweet a few years ago that said something like "Date rape doesn't exist, try it!" which has now been deleted but we all know

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

the bitcoin of weed posted:

he also composed a beautiful tweet a few years ago that said something like "Date rape doesn't exist, try it!" which has now been deleted but we all know

he also had a few whoopsie-doodles about how he likes to secret his cum into peoples' food because he thinks it is like a mind control potion

weird that he can't keep a marriage together

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Zeroisanumber posted:

We're all just barely-evolved plains apes, and tricking a monkey isn't that hard.

I'd argue it's easier to trick humans because of our capacity for language.

Couldn't convince a chimp to drill a hole in his head to unlock his latent psychic abilities

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

the bitcoin of weed posted:

lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

viral spiral posted:

because there is more insanely stupid poo poo he does each and every day

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Ally of Milo Yiannopoulos wins control of California College Republicans

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-california-college-republicans-20171021-story.html

TFW open fash will be the only people in the republican party in 20 years

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

SpaceGoku posted:

he also had a few whoopsie-doodles about how he likes to secret his cum into peoples' food because he thinks it is like a mind control potion

:chloe:

Well? Is it?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Shbobdb posted:

You don't like the Ramones?

no they sucked

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

SpaceGoku posted:

based stickman being a fed would be hilarious and would actually add up with the fact that he's been able to travel out of state to every nazi event while seemingly being unemployed and on probation after getting his third strike

but he's probably just slipped through the net because no one in a position to do anything gives a poo poo about him

all of the rank and file of the frog nazis have a massive distrust of their public-facing leadership because they can tell they aren't actually devoted to the cause. Their natural inclination is to assume that the FBI is trying to destroy them within, which is maybe possible, but the far more likely scenario is that they're all just hucksters looking for a group of marks, and they've found them in the nazis.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/blakersdozen/status/922596176758632449

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bullfrog posted:

Ally of Milo Yiannopoulos wins control of California College Republicans

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-california-college-republicans-20171021-story.html

TFW open fash will be the only people in the republican party in 20 years

That's so fourchons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatEarth
Aug 7, 2017

I didn't say that.
but it'd be funny if I did

The idea of this guy, who's best known for limply hitting a guy with a stick and being chased off by skater teens, trying to pick a fight with multiple people is very funny.