Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

SwitchbladeKult posted:

It is pretty pathetic what a sad sack General Kelly has become. I guess everyone was delusional when they thought he might actually be the voice of reason and civility inside the White House. Nope, just another Washington Insider that'll sell their soul for even the most meager table scraps of political capital.

Did you not pay attention to his tenure at DHS? The hope with him getting CoS'd was that he'd be too busy dealing with Trump's incompetence to get his evil fully on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Hillary paid off John Wilkes Booth.

Edit: Post #2 on a new page is a good enough time for an eyebleach

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Exactly. He has normal sized palms, it's those stumpy little fingers that are so funny

Can he palm a basketball? No??

Then at his height, he has proportionally small hands.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Regalingualius posted:

On the other hand, better a bad ally than being a horse’s rear end about how “it’s not really assault, they knew what they were getting into, etc.”

The thing is that bad allies still believe "they knew what they were asking for" just not for women they personally know, or who fit whatever image of virtue and purity they carry around in their heads. When it comes to misogyny, you can't really apply the usual conservative/liberal party lines to narrow in on the right opinion. The left has better policies for women, but sexism is still a rampant problem that liberal/leftist men don't want to deal with.

Rep. Wilson is coming forward with her comments to draw the heat of the administrations lies and spite away from a grieving family, much like a rodeo clown distracts a raging bull to protect a rider. AGC

there wolf fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 23, 2017

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the standoff between Spain and Catalonia – The Catalan parliament will meet to agree a response to Spain’s decision to impose direct rule"

Telegraph:

Theresa May 'begged' Jean-Claude Juncker for help – leaked account of private Brexit dinner

Independent:

Times:

New housebuying rules will clamp down on gazumping

Evening Standard:

Trio of new Doctor Who companions unveiled

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's been confirmed that Kelly lied to make Rep. Wilson look bad so even if he's not racist he's still an rear end in a top hat, so gently caress him and gently caress Stiglich.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I feel like if you're a member of Republican party, you're racist by default.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Sir Tonk posted:

I hate when delonas is right.

Bush didn't say anything about civility. Delonas is making poo poo up because Bush called out Trump for being supported by neo-nazis, alleging conspiracies behind every failure, and constantly lying.

It's a decent speech and even if the guy giving it is a piece of poo poo it doesn't make those parts of the speech wrong or give anyone open season on alternative facts-ing what was literally said.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

WE REJECT THE EUROPEAN UNION. EXPATRIATE! EXPATRIATE!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Where did empty barrel come from? Because half the people who draw it put the lady inside it making it a-not-empty-barrel so even if I accept it's a metaphor that any human being has ever used before this week, and I do not, none of these cartoonists know what to do with it showing they've never heard of it either.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Krinkle posted:

Where did empty barrel come from? Because half the people who draw it put the lady inside it making it a-not-empty-barrel so even if I accept it's a metaphor that any human being has ever used before this week, and I do not, none of these cartoonists know what to do with it showing they've never heard of it either.

What difference does it make? You didn't build that.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Krinkle posted:

If you mean why is it showing up now, it's because Kelly called Frederica Wilson an empty barrel. If you're asking about the origin:

quote:

If you rap on a barrel that’s full with your fist or with a mallet, it makes a dull thud. If you rap on a barrel that’s empty, it reverberates like a drum, making a much louder sound as the wall, covers and air inside it vibrate. It’s a metaphor for someone who has no real substance that insists on babbling about things on which they have little knowledge or authority to everyone around them. As someone else already stated, Shakespeare used the metaphor with “empty vessels” instead of barrels although he didn’t take credit for it. Thus it’s an old idiom in the English language.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

People framing sexual assault around paternal protectiveness is so drat icky.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I can't decide if I'm the framed jersey with a TV mounted directly over it, or the teacup handles on the beer mugs.

I see Pope is a fan of the Bridge Constructor genre of video games.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

I can't decide if I'm the framed jersey with a TV mounted directly over it, or the teacup handles on the beer mugs.

Be what you want, but I'm the jerseys with the player names on the front.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Both sides bad!

Saying both sides bad...bad?

The only positive thing about a Trump administration is that we don't have to hypothesize about a presidency. We have four years of naked hypocrisy on display.

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 23, 2017

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Also, Payne rolled out this turd the past weekend.

Imagine being such a manchild with a fixation on cars so bad that you equate a war that killed over a hundred thousand civilians to being against a known pollutant.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
[Rep] Wilson, a longtime family friend who accompanied Ms. Johnson and heard the call, recounted what the president said to several reporters and lamented that the president had offended the young widow, who was upset that the president did not seem to know Sergeant Johnson’s name.

Last week, Mr. Trump said on Twitter that Ms. Wilson’s account was “totally fabricated,” although the woman who raised Sergeant Johnson said it was accurate. And Mr. Trump has continued to target the congresswoman, calling her “wacky.”

On Monday, Ms. Johnson supported Ms. Wilson, who has been feuding with both Mr. Trump and Mr. Kelly over the call. “Whatever Ms. Wilson said was not fabricated,” Ms. Johnson said. “What she said was 100 percent correct.”

“The president said, ‘He knew what he signed up for, but it hurts anyway,’” Ms. Johnson said during an interview with ABC News’s George Stephanopoulos. “It made me cry because I was very angry at the tone in his voice and how he said it.”

“He couldn’t remember my husband’s name,” Ms. Johnson said. “The only way he remembered my husband’s name is because he told me he had my husband’s report in front of him and that’s when he actually said ‘La David.’ I heard him stumbling on trying to remember my husband’s name. And that’s what hurt me the most because if my husband is out here fighting for our country, and he risked his life for our country, why can’t you remember his name?”

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/922440008971292672

You can all go gently caress yourselves.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Pants Donkey posted:

Imagine being such a manchild with a fixation on cars so bad that you equate a war that killed over a hundred thousand civilians to being against a known pollutant.

Holy poo poo that is a take.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I also like how Payne drew a tank that represented the "War On Coal", but the sign on the tank is whining about the individual mandate from the ACA. W's tank at least kept with the overall theme by mentioning WMDs. He can't even keep his story straight beyond 'Obama dared to be president while black'.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Conservatism is a cult.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

tanks run on diesel or kerosene, get +/- 1 mile per gallon of fuel, and have no emissions controls to speak of

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Poor Sauraman the Red White and Blue. :(

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

I regret to inform y'all that Henry Payne may be full of poo poo about that whole Iraq thing

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

that isn't an empty barrel there is a loving person in there and presumably you drew them you cretin at least look at what you are labeling

just do a barrel with googly eyes you hack

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Man, looking at that list really brings into perspective how well the Iraq war worked out, doesn't it?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Also, always a delight that these phony, mewing NeverTrumper wingnut cartoonists always complain about Trump lowering The Discourse in the aggregate, and always accompanied by BOTH SIDES DO IT. When it comes time to rightfully slam the man for a specific, obvious, unresolvable fuckup, they can't budge an inch to do it.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

Man, looking at that list really brings into perspective how well the Iraq war worked out, doesn't it?

Obama's Iraq War, you mean? The one that he started?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Obama's Iraq War, you mean? The one that he started?

That plus his banking crisis that led to the recession will always be two blemishes on his legacy

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I should have loving known "Actually, Wilson is the one being disrespectful to the fallen soldier and his family!" would be the loving running line. :what:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nihilarian posted:

they've been putting on this song and dance for decades now and it never actually leads to anything lasting so not really

I too think that the thing preventing success is too many allies, and not, you know, the cave man shitheads who continue to defend sexual assault. The ones you actively want to get more of.

Remember, if you just get a certain amount of purity points, then that's an automatic win.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

This means he definitely hosed it up.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In the words of the kids these days: I'm the conspicuous silence in place of what Trump did in order to scream and shout as loudly as possible about the response.

According to the usual gang of idiots the incident went:

"HOW DARE TRUMP DO THAT I'M A CLOWN DOOPTY DOOP!!"

"NOW LOOK AT HIM!! GRRRRR I'M SO DUMB!!"

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

McDragon posted:

that isn't an empty barrel there is a loving person in there and presumably you drew them you cretin at least look at what you are labeling

just do a barrel with googly eyes you hack

This is the same guy that literally drew a briefcase that was labeled "The Case Against Hillary" and a flock of Wizard of Oz style witches complaining about a witch hunt. I think he is like Trump and just doesn't understand metaphors.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Vib Rib posted:

I should have loving known "Actually, Wilson is the one being disrespectful to the fallen soldier and his family!" would be the loving running line. :what:

That was the line the moment the story broke. It was the only thing coming out of every conservative mouthpiece that day. It is absolutely disgusting.

Trazz posted:

Conservatism is a cult.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The Republican response is projection. Just look at the Payne for how stupid an argument they’ll make just so they can say “no u”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

I see Pope is a fan of the Bridge Constructor genre of video games.
The National Broadband Network (NBN) is a current big story in Australia, as it's currently a massive shitshow. Everyone is playing the blame game but there is a reason why Pope draws Abbott's Communication Minister in charge of the current plans with a top hat made from a busted tin can.

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Le Lievre:

• Locked thread