Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Link to mech warrior thread, I don't even know what that is.

The lies people tell to try to discredit me are baffling.

I mean, have you not seen your rap sheet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Pendent posted:

My dude, you are still falling for it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pendent posted:

Please don't probe shame.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Rygar201 posted:

My dude, you are still falling for it.

If it's a gimmick I'd honestly be impressed that he stuck to it for so long.

Chomp8645 posted:

Please don't probe shame.

:eyepop:

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
I understand the foundation update stuff being missing from Mortal Empires initially and I'm not too bothered about it but it does mean I'll probably stick to playing WH2 factions in the combined map initially. I was hoping for an Empire run but I think it'll be New Improved Queek instead until the other stuff gets folded in.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

The wood elves/chaos/beastmen/brettonia ones.

dammit i wanted to play beastmen

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, and apparently Norsca is going to be added into ME sometime in November, so it shouldn't be THAT far off.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im just not going to play it until they add in all the latest patch too. maybe wait for a dlc faction to get in while im at it

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder what Queek's penalty to not having Karak Eight-Peaks is gonna be.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

SunAndSpring posted:

Minor penalty to public order, from what we saw in party elite's stream

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

So, I have both the first game + dlc and the second game. Never got too far into the first one, a bit of a dwarf campaign and then got distracted. I'm ready to hop in for real though and my question is where to start.

Is playing dwarf/empire/vamps/etc. in ME going to be basically the same thing as doing a campaign with them in WH1? I know there's some stuff that won't be in ME right away but let's not worry about that for the moment.

My poorly informed assumption is that the wood elf/beastmen campaigns and the vortex stuff are unique to their individual games and that ME smashes everything else together, and that it'd be dumb to start like a fresh dwarf playthrough in WH1 this close to ME dropping.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Kaza42 posted:

Minor penalty to public order, from what we saw in party elite's stream

Logical for the Dwarfs to have the harshest penalty for not owning Eight Peaks, but drat if Belegar's campaign isn't the toughest one to get rolling. I just want to use Ranger-heavy armies as Dwarfs for once...

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
They could've gotten creative and had a trait that gave a significant discount for ranger upkeep. Combined with Mountaineering it would make Rangers very cost effective in that situation.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

dammit i wanted to play beastmen

Yeah it kinda sucks, I was gonna play 'Durthu stomps Ulthuan' but I guess I'll wait and play Dorfs or something first.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
Wait, so no Beastmen at all, or just no RoR for them and Welves, etc?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Helion posted:

No RoR, otherwise they look pretty unchanged except for the ability to go rampaging in the New World if you want.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Prel posted:

Is playing dwarf/empire/vamps/etc. in ME going to be basically the same thing as doing a campaign with them in WH1? I know there's some stuff that won't be in ME right away but let's not worry about that for the moment.
I'd say the biggest change is the loss of regional occupation, but otherwise I think you're good.

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Yeah it kinda sucks, I was gonna play 'Durthu stomps Ulthuan' but I guess I'll wait and play Dorfs or something first.
Eh, I kind of feel like the revamped skill trees are a bigger deal than the RORs in a way.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

No RoR, otherwise they look pretty unchanged except for the ability to go rampaging in the New World if you want.

Gotcha, thanks. I’m okay with that, really. I can wait on them.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

John Charity Spring posted:

I understand the foundation update stuff being missing from Mortal Empires initially and I'm not too bothered about it but it does mean I'll probably stick to playing WH2 factions in the combined map initially. I was hoping for an Empire run but I think it'll be New Improved Queek instead until the other stuff gets folded in.

Yea, it's gonna be the same for me. I was considering a Grimgor or Karl Franz run but I'd rather wait until the newer skill trees are in place, plus Queek's new start should be a lot more manageable seeing as he is up against Vamps and Greenskins early on rather then the Krok-Gar steamroller.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

MadJackMcJack posted:

Yea, it's gonna be the same for me. I was considering a Grimgor or Karl Franz run but I'd rather wait until the newer skill trees are in place, plus Queek's new start should be a lot more manageable seeing as he is up against Vamps and Greenskins early on rather then the Krok-Gar steamroller.

Oh Krok Gar is definitely still nearby and can steamroll his way over there.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Helion posted:

All of the DLC except Norsca and the final big RoR patch is already in the WH2 files, as are many (maybe all?) of the new landmarks.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Atleast the Chaos foundation changes can easily be modded in, sans ROR of course, while we wait for the official CA changes.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Warhammer 1 is 50% off on Steam at the moment with the DLC being 33% off if anyone doesn't have it yet.

DeathSandwich posted:

Oh Krok Gar is definitely still nearby and can steamroll his way over there.

He's close but now has options other then "Murder every Skaven", plus Queek now starts with a warp lightning cannon which should make life more bearable.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Oh man, I'm so psyched to play ME with the WH2 magic buffs. I just dropped 900+ skaven using wind blast alone lol

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
They’re going to do Tehenhauin and Tiktaq’to alongside Throt the Unclean and Ikit Claw in the same DLC. They will call it Pew in the Skink and Hauin in the Stink.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

hope they get stuff added by the time im done w wolfenstein ii

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

StashAugustine posted:

hope they get stuff added by the time im done w wolfenstein ii

:same:

Helion
Apr 28, 2008

Ralepozozaxe posted:

They’re going to do Tehenhauin and Tiktaq’to alongside Throt the Unclean and Ikit Claw in the same DLC. They will call it Pew in the Skink and Hauin in the Stink.

Thread title pls

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Wallet posted:

The victory conditions have almost always been lame in Total War games, which is why I almost never finish campaigns, though I believe they're quite modable now. Maybe it's just me, but I really don't have any interest in managing more than five or six provinces at a time.

The first game's were all in all pretty cool and good tho. Manageable and made sense.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Gamerofthegame posted:

The first game's were all in all pretty cool and good tho. Manageable and made sense.

Although the Empire's long conditions were a joke. It just added a requirement to have defeated the Vampire Counts.

The short conditions required you to conquer Sylvania. Who has ever played an Empire game where they conquered Sylvania but didn't end up killing the Vampire Counts?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

StashAugustine posted:

hope they get stuff Tomb Kings added by the time im done w wolfenstein Destiny ii

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Kaza42 posted:

Although the Empire's long conditions were a joke. It just added a requirement to have defeated the Vampire Counts.

The short conditions required you to conquer Sylvania. Who has ever played an Empire game where they conquered Sylvania but didn't end up killing the Vampire Counts?

Lol the last Empire game I played I vassalized the loving Counts after slowly grinding them down to only Sylvania and they proceeded to take over all of Norsca after I let up (because it's one hell of a powerhouse province). It owned. I won the short campaign but didn't want to do the long campaign because of it.

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

-2 Public Order

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I have had a game as the Empire where the Dwarves burned the Vampires out of Sylvania entirely, I swooped in during the immediate aftermath and hoovered up both provinces. Mannfred soldiered on with Bechafen and Essen, waging a slow war of attrition with Kislev until Chaos showed up and wrecked both of them. Actually never once had the opportunity to fight the Vamps myself due to other issues.

It happens, but only rarely.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
When people say skill trees won't be updated, do they mean we aren't getting the most recent update to TW:W1 or we won't get the TW:W2 style of skill trees?

Ideally we'd get both, of course, but I'd personally not even bother playing the old factions without the latter.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I' thinking we'll get the new skill trees for the old races combined with the ones from the norsca patch and the updates to TW2 all combined. So we'll have the new blue line for all the lords, updates for the agents blue lines, some sort of new red line for each faction, the new magic to coincide with the old factions, and the LL will get their unique lines. Yellow probably won't change much.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

KPC_Mammon posted:

When people say skill trees won't be updated, do they mean we aren't getting the most recent update to TW:W1 or we won't get the TW:W2 style of skill trees?

Right now, in the build that was released to streamers and YouTube people, the skill trees are the same as they were prior to the foundation update. In other words, the same that they were on TW:W1's release.

This is probably a function of CA being unable to merge the update (and Norsca) into WH2 while still also shipping the game and ME on time. The QA would have likely been a nightmare. Presumably they will be fixing that ASAP, likely with the patch that includes Norsca.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

I felt like I was attempting to decipher an alien language reading this

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Tardcore posted:

I felt like I was attempting to decipher an alien language reading this

I gave up 1/3 of the way in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

MadJackMcJack posted:

Warhammer 1 is 50% off on Steam at the moment with the DLC being 33% off if anyone doesn't have it yet.

He's close but now has options other then "Murder every Skaven", plus Queek now starts with a warp lightning cannon which should make life more bearable.

Norsca DLC is still at full price. If the rest of the DLC had been half off I'd probably have picked it up. As it is, I think I'll just wait for Christmas. I've still got a few LL playthroughs I can do until then.