Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

How to beat the JS:

EDIT: Dang this JS doesn't play, even with native Maria BSB and Sarah + Yuna's BSB2 on healing duty I'm getting my rear end handed to me. Sleep owns me unless I'm wearing sleep resist, which means giving up elemental resist and MAG when I'm already doing poo poo for damage despite stacking Yuna and OK's MAG buff BSBs.

Baku fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

wizard on a water slide posted:

EDIT: Dang this JS doesn't play, even with native Maria BSB and Sarah + Yuna's BSB2 on healing duty I'm getting my rear end handed to me. Sleep owns me unless I'm wearing sleep resist, which means giving up elemental resist and MAG when I'm already doing poo poo for damage despite stacking Yuna and OK's MAG buff BSBs.

Do you have a source of astra (block one status effect)? The first sleep doesn't have a high chance of landing so you can probably make it through the first cast without having anyone slept with astra, and Maria should probably be able to burn them down before the second cast. I brought Larsa for his BSB and it did wonders (and fights like this is why I think stuff like Ysh's BSB is overhyped.) For reference my party was as follows.

Maria - BSB
Terra - OSB, Bahamut rank 3, Titan rank 2
Papalymo - SSB Chain Stonega/Firaga
Tyro - SG, Multi Break, Stumble Step
Larsa - BSB, Ultra Cure (unused)
RW - Rikku USB

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there any way to combine skills? I've been getting some dupes from the events of things where I'd only bring one (Hell Thunder for example), and a handful of orbs from breaking it feels like a waste if I can get a hone.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Bruceski posted:

Is there any way to combine skills? I've been getting some dupes from the events of things where I'd only bring one (Hell Thunder for example), and a handful of orbs from breaking it feels like a waste if I can get a hone.

Nope, shattering them is the only option

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

JS was pretty easy with:
Rikku USB/Multi Break/Stumble Step
Krile BSB/OSB Stoneja
Maria BSB Never used abilities other than BSB commands
Raines BSB Chain Stonega/Chain Firaga
Larsa BSB

Rikku and Raines get off their SBs for the Faith before Maria and Krile do their BSBs

Once Krile is fully faithed and has used her BSB she OSBs each ogre once for 99,999 each while Raines hits with Chain Firaga and Maria hits with her CMD2.
Even without the OSB Krile's CMD1 nukes the ogres by almost 40k each round

Then just nuke the red soul when the ogres are dead with Larsa keeping the status things off.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Was able to eke out a 28 seconds clear of golem with 2 copies of raging storm (r3 & r2) on edge with his dual cast lm and cloud USB/BSB2 with dual cast lm which puts me at 4 sub 30 magicite clears

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

gently caress you Vossler I can't believe you were ever hard.

(those medal conditions were something else though...)

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

gently caress you Vossler, your glove is mine, mother fucker

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Jose Valasquez posted:

JS was pretty easy with:
Rikku USB/Multi Break/Stumble Step
Krile BSB/OSB Stoneja
Maria BSB Never used abilities other than BSB commands
Raines BSB Chain Stonega/Chain Firaga
Larsa BSB

Rikku and Raines get off their SBs for the Faith before Maria and Krile do their BSBs

Once Krile is fully faithed and has used her BSB she OSBs each ogre once for 99,999 each while Raines hits with Chain Firaga and Maria hits with her CMD2.
Even without the OSB Krile's CMD1 nukes the ogres by almost 40k each round

Then just nuke the red soul when the ogres are dead with Larsa keeping the status things off.

In fairness, anyone with both Maria's BSB and access to any Astra should have an easy time on this JS. Half my team was physical and it still wasn't a big deal since Maria and Tyro with USB1 and Wall carried it. I went in with Bartz (USB), Faris (USB1), and Rosa (USB), RWing Rikku USB (all in addition to Maria and Tyro of course). I was also kinda lazy and didn't change out the Wraths and Soul Break RM's I had equipped. Maria and any source of Astra chump the fight that hard.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

And while we're at it, gently caress you Doctor Cid, gently caress you Daedalus, gently caress you Doctor Cid, gently caress you Tyrant. Suck it, XII.

Bring on the XIII Renewal. I'm sure at least one of those was a bastard.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Huh, interesting, they decided to make the Crystal Tower draws a little more appealing with this go around in JP.

Previously they were just full-priced, single realm pulls that were curated to SSB+ which wasn't super appealing. But with the Tower edition they just dropped they're now full-priced single realm pulls that also offer an SSB selection afterwards! :engleft:

Can't complain too much, though, I pulled on the VIII one and picked up Edea USB and LMR to go with her BSB I got recently and Fujin SSB to go with her BSB.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

LornMarkus posted:

Huh, interesting, they decided to make the Crystal Tower draws a little more appealing with this go around in JP.

Previously they were just full-priced, single realm pulls that were curated to SSB+ which wasn't super appealing. But with the Tower edition they just dropped they're now full-priced single realm pulls that also offer an SSB selection afterwards! :engleft:

Can't complain too much, though, I pulled on the VIII one and picked up Edea USB and LMR to go with her BSB I got recently and Fujin SSB to go with her BSB.

I was wondering when they'd do that. People need to complete their favorite characters so it is a great way to drain mythril without any real increase in power.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
* No KOs
* Win without Yuffie being KO'd
* Afflict Godo (Ultimate) with Sap

how about you actually go gently caress yourself

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Boy, remember when bosses could be hit by status effects? Awesome.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

ceaselessfuture posted:

* No KOs
* Win without Yuffie being KO'd
* Afflict Godo (Ultimate) with Sap

how about you actually go gently caress yourself
The intent is that you'd use Shadowsteel, which Yuffie can natively equip. So in that original context, it made sense. Of course the problems with this approach are that -the event didn't actually give you Shadowsteel, so you had to craft it yourself and -power creep really really loves invalidating status effects over time of which Sap is a very early offender.

In my case I just brought Yuffie along and told the Sap requirement to go gently caress itself, but you may not have the luxury of having every character in your roster at level 80+. (Fixing such issues for bizarre conditions or CMs is one of the biggest draws for orbfests, honestly.)

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Oct 24, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Yeah, the biggest issue I'm having with a lot of these events is a) creating absolutely useless abilities that take space in my ability inventory and b) using literal level 1 characters under the condition that they don't die.

Very frustrating.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I just finished making some recordings of all my sub-30 magicite clears. If anyone is looking for inspiration for team comps, how I actually execute the battles, and so forth, they might be worth a watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXkUUQBLtkQ

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Yeah, the biggest issue I'm having with a lot of these events is a) creating absolutely useless abilities that take space in my ability inventory and b) using literal level 1 characters under the condition that they don't die.

Very frustrating.

Welcome to earlier FFRK. Back in the day we'd get the charcter introduced and then be forced to use them in the same event.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Attestant posted:

Welcome to earlier FFRK. Back in the day we'd get the charcter introduced and then be forced to use them in the same event.

We get to experience the past with new realms' CMs. XV was the latest offender.

Here's your two new dudes, now go do this 180 CM with them.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

I have no idea how you guys did this poo poo. Were SBs not nearly as integral to gameplay as they are now?

As it is, any CM I'm able to do at the moment is essentially with one dead character and the rest of my A team.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

We get to experience the past with new realms' CMs. XV was the latest offender.

Here's your two new dudes, now go do this 180 CM with them.

Oh yeah. I don't even register anymore, to be honest. I've been running EXP dailies so religiously that I've had a stockpile of thousands of eggs, so I just egg characters like that straight to 80. :shrug:

The said the FF2 event actually made me expend all of my Major Eggs. Need to build them up again for a while.

ceaselessfuture posted:

I have no idea how you guys did this poo poo. Were SBs not nearly as integral to gameplay as they are now?

As it is, any CM I'm able to do at the moment is essentially with one dead character and the rest of my A team.

When Ultimates started being a thing, we were definitely already in the SB-centric meta. Initially having access to the then trinity (hastega, medica, wall) was considered basically mandatory, and DPS was already largely SSB-based, with early BSB's starting to release. Dead weight really kinda was that.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Oct 24, 2017

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Alxprit posted:

gently caress you Vossler I can't believe you were ever hard.

(those medal conditions were something else though...)

McDragon posted:

gently caress you Vossler, your glove is mine, mother fucker

When the Vossler fight happened, I ended up reloading quite a few times, desperate to win that fight and not waste 60 stamina. Eventually I managed to luck out and obtain the clear - and then realized that on that particular attempt, I forgot to inflict slow on one of his guards. I missed out on Mastery. By that point I was just so loving DONE with the fight that I didn't want to touch it again, but the soul still burned.
Those two Major Power Orbs and two Major Wind Orbs would not be mine, and this was when I NEEDED MWO's.

Now? Tempo Flurry procced on the first try, had Tyro do the Dispel and black magic medals, and then nuked the gently caress out of Vossler by popping a magicite and then nuking him with Lightning USB and Refia BSB. Power creep sure is something...

Shock Trooper fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Oct 24, 2017

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Attestant posted:

I think the event where they introduced Rinoa, the mastery requirement for the dungeon where you unlock her was to use her, so you couldn't get mastery on the first try and had to do it over with her in your party.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Apparently with the new IOS update it errors out and won’t let me attach my account to Facebook.

Which is less than ideal since I’ve been playing it on an android emulator at home.

Hopefully there’s a fix at some point, but for now I guess I’m running two accounts concurrently

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Heaven Spacey posted:

I think the event where they introduced Rinoa, the mastery requirement for the dungeon where you unlock her was to use her, so you couldn't get mastery on the first try and had to do it over with her in your party.

In the early early days you didn't even know what the medal requirements were until you finished the dungeon, so unless you looked them up beforehand, you had to clear everything twice.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Been pulling on the banner 1 of the II event for stuff and so far I've gotten Josef's and Gordon's SSBs. I now have all the SSBs on the banner. :shepface:

But hey neither of those things are bad really. Josef's is a %Medica attached to some AoE Ice/Non damage and Gordon's is an ATK/MAG 30% + Physical Blink package. The miracle of getting Minwu's USB will evade me this time it seems.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

bilperkins2 posted:

In the early early days you didn't even know what the medal requirements were until you finished the dungeon, so unless you looked them up beforehand, you had to clear everything twice.

:bahgawd: I don't even remember that. I think I always looked everything up. This game really has come a long way

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I'm going to have a 1000-yard stare by the end of these renewal dungeons. They are never-ending.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Finally beat that Jump Start. gently caress the Red Soul, but it's done, and I have a shiny full-dived Y'shtola as proof.

Thanks to the people who provided Maria codes and gave me the friends-ffrk website.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

When do we get more 5* bravery motes btw? I wish they distributed things more evenly instead of this weird back and forth where I have tons of motes to dive mages but nothing for physical or vice versa. In the time my Shadow has been waiting for the last 15 bravery motes to finish his dive, I've fully dived a mage and have enough motes to dive almost two more.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Apparently with the new IOS update it errors out and won’t let me attach my account to Facebook.

Which is less than ideal since I’ve been playing it on an android emulator at home.

Hopefully there’s a fix at some point, but for now I guess I’m running two accounts concurrently

I'm still lugging around my iPhone 6 just to play. The Facebook link is indeed broken and somehow my GC link busted too and I can't transfer to my new iPhone.

It's been over 4 weeks with an open support ticket while DeNa "investigates" the issue. Terrible support.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Every magicite cleared under a minute. :toot:

gently caress sub 30s run though. They just make me anxious and envious of people with more luck/money. I'm just gonna scrape out the magicite I want and then proceed to ignore this content forever*.

*Or when the even dumber 4* magicite are released.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

cool. Shame it was both of them but hey, that's my synergy sorted at least.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I know a lot of the bosses repeat in events but this judge spam in XII is getting out of hand even more than usual

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nihilarian posted:

cool. Shame it was both of them but hey, that's my synergy sorted at least.

I'm jealous a reverse wall with a hastega on a 6* spear sounds nice.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

McDragon posted:

Bring on the XIII Renewal. I'm sure at least one of those was a bastard.

The last event had probably one of the hardest A+ fights we've had to date considering it was just a giant damage race that you could only mitigate a quarter of.

Past that, any event with Barthandelus in the U/U++/A+ slot is "good fun". By which I mean it can suck a hairy nutsack.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The renewal dungeons sure are a slog, but I really can't be upset about having 250 mythril and plenty more to come this soon after a festival.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Boy I sure am glad that being an early 2015 player means I have the fond memories of spunking all that mythril on 0/11 :yum:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm jealous a reverse wall with a hastega on a 6* spear sounds nice.

The spear itself also has a splash of MAG, for whatever reason. I don't think anyone actually uses Gordon for his black magic access for this to ever matter but it's there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Beasteh posted:

Boy I sure am glad that being an early 2015 player means I have the fond memories of spunking all that mythril on 0/11 :yum:

But think of all the life experience you have that other players will never get. They will never know that pain, and it makes you a better person

• Locked thread