Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Mikl posted:

It was a sight to behold, literally a "what the actual gently caress :psyduck:" moment. How do the organizers gently caress up that badly? You can see course officials sending the leading pack off into the wrong direction, and less than a minute later the others come along and keep going on the course.

If it's Italy, there's good odds that someone paid to have that happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Powered Descent posted:

I haven't gamed in years, but I sometimes miss moments like this.

https://i.imgur.com/hMkxP3J.mp4

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Serephina posted:

If it's Italy, there's good odds that someone paid to have that happen

Update, after reading the account in the newspaper this morning:

Mikl posted:

Update on this: seems the reason is that the head pack was just too fast.

At that point in the race the runners have to go left and into a pedestrian underpass to pass under the rail line; the car and bike that had been leading the runners until then obviously can't go down there, so they hosed off down the road to the right to get out of the way. The lead runners however were too close, ran after the car (because of course they would, the car was leading the way, why wouldn't they follow it?) and the guys standing at the road split were so startled that they didn't think to shout "wait no that's the wrong way" until the head pack was gone. Then they scrambled a bike to go after them, but by the time it caught up they had ran half a km the wrong way.

Positive thing in all this: the organisers accepted the blame without trying to shift it onto someone else and admitted they hosed up.

Someone hosed up real bad.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Mikl posted:

Someone hosed up real bad.

I just figured that when they said "random local" he knew the guys, and if it was possible they were supposed to give the race a little nudge so he could win.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

For those that don't follow wrestling, TNA (now Impact) bought GFW 4 months ago

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/922499137601441794

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think you need a whole lot more explanation for those who don't follow wrestling. What did Jeff do? Sexual harassment? Addiction? Racist remarks on social media? Beat up somebody backstage with a chair when the cameras weren't running?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Mierenneuker posted:

I think you need a whole lot more explanation for those who don't follow wrestling. What did Jeff do? Sexual harassment? Addiction? Racist remarks on social media? Beat up somebody backstage with a chair when the cameras weren't running?

Showed up at shows drunk over the weekend and possibly also banned from entering Canada (Impact is moving to doing a lot of shows in Canada apparently)

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Way to go Slap Nuts

cnut
May 3, 2016

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

That may be one of the best things I have ever seen. Suck it RED, you big cheater!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
2 hours 12 minutes is fast as gently caress for a marathon, holy poo poo.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Ariong posted:

Someone in the responses mentions a guy mansplaining rocket science to a woman who is an astronaut. Does anyone have that on hand?

The only thing this reminds me of is Gravity, where Sandra Bullock - Astronaut - has all sorts of science exposited at her by Clooney, for the sake of the dumb audience.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Captain Lavender posted:

The only thing this reminds me of is Gravity, where Sandra Bullock - Astronaut - has all sorts of science exposited at her by Clooney, for the sake of the dumb audience.

Ghostsplaining

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Captain Lavender posted:

I think this is what the other goon was thinking of.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"In Kalinigrad, a pedestrian passed through a car standing at a pedestrian crossing, waiting for the green light"
https://weirdrussians.tumblr.com/post/166707936844/in-kalinigrad-a-pedestrian-passed-through-a-car

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Powered Descent posted:

I haven't gamed in years, but I sometimes miss moments like this.

https://i.imgur.com/hMkxP3J.mp4

That's basically what would happen to most keyboard warrior gamers if they found themselves in a real war.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

This is art.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
It's like a Renaissance painting

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sarcopenia posted:

It's in the article.

Yeah, but the post didn't telegraph that it got worse. Like I figured I was clicking to see this guy never post again out of shame like someone with a fragment of a soul, not nazi rape jokes.

Fantastic Flyer posted:

It's like a Renaissance painting

The composition, the posing in the moment... that photographer turned something dumb into art, man.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nb9DqsGVt0

Dr Phil has a woman on the show to get called out for faking cancer.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

AlmightyBob posted:

Showed up at shows drunk over the weekend and possibly also banned from entering Canada (Impact is moving to doing a lot of shows in Canada apparently)

How do you get banned from Canada?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Senior Woodchuck posted:

mocked hockey and maple syrup in the same sentence.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I know that we are very serious about drunk driving convictions when granting things like work permits. If you have a DUI on your record that's considered recent, like in the last 20 years, odds are you're not going to get into the country.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Dillbag posted:

I know that we are very serious about drunk driving convictions when granting things like work permits. If you have a DUI on your record that's considered recent, like in the last 20 years, odds are you're not going to get into the country.

My mate went to Canada about 15 years ago, and had to show he could support himself for x number of years, getting into Canada seems quite tough, mind I don't need to try and get into the UK

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

1stGear posted:

This is art.

I like that the guy is just saying what's on his shirt

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Dillbag posted:

Yeah he has a DUI

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

ekuNNN posted:

"In Kalinigrad, a pedestrian passed through a car standing at a pedestrian crossing, waiting for the green light"
https://weirdrussians.tumblr.com/post/166707936844/in-kalinigrad-a-pedestrian-passed-through-a-car

Mentos, the freshmaker!

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfp2Bg6iUdY

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

x-post from GIF thread

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

holy poo poo

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -

canyoneer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nb9DqsGVt0

Dr Phil has a woman on the show to get called out for faking cancer.

lmao that was painful.

"what was sharon doing at jennys house?"

"theyre neighbors"

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Jim Cornette explains (NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTch18hAHkA

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw-tceWOL8c

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Proteus Jones posted:

x-post from GIF thread

She's deaf and blind. Temporarily. I was in a tent once under a group of trees that got struck in the middle of the night. Couldn't see anything and couldn't hear anything but intense ringing for quite a while.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

She's deaf and blind. Temporarily. I was in a tent once under a group of trees that got struck in the middle of the night. Couldn't see anything and couldn't hear anything but intense ringing for quite a while.

Oh, yeah. I experienced a lightning strike shortly after I moved to a new apartment in the late 90s. About 60 feet away. Fortunately I was facing away, but it lit up the entire room and I couldn't hear anything but ringing for a solid 30 minutes.

It also managed to trip every circuit breaker. When I flipped them back it was like nothing happened. Ends up it hit the manhole cover in the parking lot and the township had to cut it out with a torch.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This seems pretty freudey, since I stopped following her on social media because this isn't the first time she's done something like this:

Mayim Bialik authored an op-ed piece on the NY times about the Weinstein situation. basically saying that being less conventionally sexy provided her with 'protection' from folks like Weinstein, and that even as an adult she chooses to not not dress sexually and be flirty in public spaces. You know, implying that others would have similar protection too if they just didn't do those things.

Needless to say, it didn't go over well. She tried to defend her arguments, but eventually just apologized for saying it. Like I said, this isn't the first time she's done something like that. I recall an article where she complained about women not breast-feeding. Also, I think she's an 'I vax but you should make your own choices" anti-vaxxer.

Source: this article on Deadspin, of all places, that goes into how becoming an Orthodox Jew as an adult informs her beliefs on the matter, which I found interesting as hell.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

This is some excellent schadenfreude.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Proteus Jones posted:

x-post from GIF thread
That happened to me a few years back when I ran to the mailbox during a break in some heavy rain. On the way back lightning hit one of our trees about 50ft away from me.

I yelled jesus tittyfucking christ at the top of my lungs. :lol:

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Austrian burqa ban: Police raid toy store over a Lego Ninja

Austrian citizens are really taking the piss on this law, as they basically call in/complain on all kinds of face coverings. This time it's a LEGO Ninja:

quote:

Austria's new ban on covering the face was meant to target the burqa. But the law has had police responding to a Lego Ninja, a man dressed as a shark and even the parliamentary mascot.

Austrian police raided a Lego store in the capital, Vienna, on Friday, in the latest bizarre case surrounding enforcement of new anti-burqa laws.
Police rushed to the toy store after receiving a complaint that a red Lego Ninja was violating a ban on wearing face coverings, leading to a "heated" argument, Kronen Zeitung newspaper reported.

https://twitter.com/MevluetK/status/921305500997881856

Edit, also the parliament mascot got caught up in this during a photoshoot with some kids:

quote:

The incident came nearly two weeks after police intervened against the Austrian parliament's mascot, Lesko. The long-eared rabbit was stopped from doing a video shoot with children during an open house ahead of the national independence day holiday. No fines were issued.

Fart of Presto has a new favorite as of 02:32 on Oct 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Where's the suit with the question marks, though.