Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

remeez posted:

They took 2 extra months to bring this poo poo to PC and no one ever thought to add clan chat until it was too late?

Discord exists so who needs bad in-game chats where you can't even post rad .jpgs and show everyone funny pictures of cats.

Yodzilla posted:

Why the heck doesn't this unlock at midnight.

Because they want me to wake up at seven am to play a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

So Waffle House was talking about how Warframe is a dead game like Andromeda, but if 60 hours is considered a long time to play Destiny 2, what about people with around a thousand hours logged on Steam for Warframe. Also I'm not sure where the Destiny killer rep came from considering it predates Destiny and was made by a smaller studio on a shoestring budget.

Anyway, the biggest disappointment I had with D2 was going to Nessus and seeing how gorgeous it was, and then immediately getting sent into some dreary tunnels again after hours of going into dreary tunnels on Earth and to a lesser extent Titan. That was one of the biggest enthusiasm-killers I had for the game and I was totally on board with the big brash setpiece opening in the Tower and even the bit where you follow a bird and your ghost says some incredibly inane-rear end poo poo.

I never actually got to the endgame in D2 but part of that was me thinking the gamepad controls felt sluggish and lame and I'm willing to give it another shot on PC.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Did you not finish? There's some really cool set pieces near the end of the campaign

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

BOYS AND GORL,

We did it!!!!!

quote:

In only one month of sales, Destiny 2 is now the "best-selling game of 2017 year to date." NBA 2K18 is the best-selling sports game.

NPD Sales Numbers Show Destiny 2 Took September 2017's Top Spot
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10...-2017s-top-spot

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

mario odyssey comes out within the same week as this game so i'm fine with it not being a massive time hole tbh

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

oh hey I just picked this up, anybody on pc that I know from previous games playing?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Thought you were talking about the story.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Eej posted:

If the Destiny 2 endgame steady state is logging in once or twice a week to do some space dungeons or shoot some space pvp that's pretty cool with me because then I can enjoy literally every other game that came out this year instead of being swamped with endless catchup.

Well buddy have I got good news for you

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
D2 general chat:

Eneratu Raiduvick321845: *FIRST TIME BUYERS GET 20% OFF sale on bright Engrams lowest price plus bonus bright dust MESSAGE ME FOR DETAILS*

KekPepe420: friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family

XxSephirothxX: any one wanna erp? Lady warlocks ONLY!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

D2 would need a RP server if they added text chat imo

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
there's text chat for your fireteam which is really all i wanted

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
m'guardian

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Hey everyone!

I was the leader of Great Lakes Goons, a PS4 Destiny clan that really just served as a catch-all clan for those who wanted a clan and wanted to group with fellow goons. I stopped playing Destiny because of RL constraints and my PS4 controllers causing me pain. I'm back, and I have the continuation of GLG, called MI Heroes. If you want a primarily PC clan that'll be PS4 friendly, then send me a message. Here's the link:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2744238

Hope to see some of you in game!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Can't wait to be the guy loving up the raid because he insists that text chat is just as good as having a mic no really

Seriously though Logitech I need that replacement asap :ohdear:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

DrNutt posted:

D2 general chat:

Eneratu Raiduvick321845: *FIRST TIME BUYERS GET 20% OFF sale on bright Engrams lowest price plus bonus bright dust MESSAGE ME FOR DETAILS*

KekPepe420: friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family

Yeah I don't actually see this as a bad thing, I'm glad we have local and fireteam though

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

DrNutt posted:

D2 general chat:

Knowing bungie, there'd be no way to close the chat window if it was included.
So you could never set foot into the tower or the farm without having your screen instantly filled with bullshit

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

After you play enough Destiny 2, your loot acquisition follows this pattern: get a bunch of tokens, which you take to a vendor, so there's never any feeling of acquiring powerful loot while playing. At the vendor, you turn in tokens and get a completely RNG loot pull, so eventually you're moving to getting mostly duplicates. Because the only light progression eventually comes from ~6 one-shot weekly milestone rewards, the duplicates you're getting are also lower power level than your existing gear. So you end up with a bunch of worthless crap. Then you dismantle the worthless crap, giving you materials you take to the gunsmith vendor where you repeat this process again. Rng rewards that are likely lower level duplicates is all you're getting, and it's isolated from gameplay to boot.

They implemented this token system to replace all sold items, so you have no way to target a piece of gear other than knowing the vendor loot pool and praying to rng. No buying things. At all.

Caveat: I didn't play Destiny 1, but I do have something like 600 hours of Diablo 3 logged.

This basic problem exists in every loot game. There is some point at which you will no longer be getting upgrades at a rate that is satisfying to you (time varies based on person), and the choices are to play something else or to keep playing anyway because the gameplay is fun enough to keep you engaged.

Several of the problems you list (not being able to target upgrades, loot being disconnected from gameplay, etc) either did exist or still do exist in D3, and how severe a problem that is is subjective. But tweaks to those systems don't actually change the fundamental issue that eventually you'll run out of room to upgrade, they just change how long it takes to get to that point.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Zo posted:

there's text chat for your fireteam which is really all i wanted

Group/clan chat would be nice.

Does Discord have overlays?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Republicans posted:

Group/clan chat would be nice.

Does Discord have overlays?

Yes but some games' cheat protection flags overlays

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DrNutt posted:

Can't wait to be the guy loving up the raid because he insists that text chat is just as good as having a mic no really

i'm unironically excited for specifically this

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

Yodzilla posted:

Why the heck doesn't this unlock at midnight.

It does.

In Norilsk.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hexenritter posted:

Didn’t Mr Bungie say discord overlay won’t work for this game because they want to not allow people to cheat for their esports simulator?

Somebody correct me because I am probably wrong but I could have swore I remember reading that somewhere.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Hexenritter posted:

Just get a second monitor and run in borderless window mode. Problem solved.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah I think this is it:

https://pvplive.com/amp/destiny-2-will-not-support-xsplit-obs-discord-functions

quote:

This is explicitly because Bungie doesn't want third-party interference in the games. While the Game Capture functions for XSplit are relatively innocuous, they (apparently) fall under the same general category of network interactions that cheat programs use to inject code into the game.

Unfortunately, that means it's not just common streaming applications that get hit. Discord, for example, and framerate/statistics overlay programs used by hardcore players won't work with the game.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
yea i think they did which is funny when you remember they are shipping the game with a legit aimbot, which is one more reason to never care about the lovely pvp in this game

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Hey nerds, I'm back.

All this chat about poopsockers using software to get aim assist on their MKB setup is lame and stupid. Stop talking about it and talk about the magical taste of HOTDOGS.

Thanks.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
The blizzard client added groups today, is there a goon group created for D2?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Endbuster posted:

Hey nerds, I'm back.

All this chat about poopsockers using software to get aim assist on their MKB setup is lame and stupid. Stop talking about it and talk about the magical taste of HOTDOGS.

Thanks.

What are people's thoughts on cheese inside their hotdogs?

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Hexenritter posted:

Absolutely. Are my love for wieners in their casing accepted too?

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Hexenritter posted:

Yes please. Even better if its JALAPENO cheese.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
I'm all about cheeses

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Hexenritter posted:

Absolutely loving not

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I had pork sausage with cheese and apples in it, loving good as hell

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

im going to play this dumb game tomorrow on my computer

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I don't think anyone submitted anything for the contest I was doing so if anyone wants Rockstar Destiny codes PM me

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

El Chingon posted:

Yeah I made one sorry.

I will post the link. Enjoy.

Edit: OK, I’ll post it in a few hours. It’s called Density 2 for Goons

ICR fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 24, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

El Chingon posted:

i wonder if you can access them in game, that might be a decent alternative to a clan chat functionality

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Papercut posted:

Caveat: I didn't play Destiny 1, but I do have something like 600 hours of Diablo 3 logged.

This basic problem exists in every loot game. There is some point at which you will no longer be getting upgrades at a rate that is satisfying to you (time varies based on person), and the choices are to play something else or to keep playing anyway because the gameplay is fun enough to keep you engaged.

Several of the problems you list (not being able to target upgrades, loot being disconnected from gameplay, etc) either did exist or still do exist in D3, and how severe a problem that is is subjective. But tweaks to those systems don't actually change the fundamental issue that eventually you'll run out of room to upgrade, they just change how long it takes to get to that point.

Fair points, but to address them I'd need to get into the other stuff that I think is slightly more subjective so I don't wanna rain on too many parades. :siren: Stop reading now if you are a snowflake and will get butthurt by someone complaining about a game.

With five or six exceptions, none of the loot is even exciting in the first place. Armor is all cosmetic. They took out any really exciting weapon perks in addition to reducing your overall firepower by giving you two basic weapons and one power instead of basic/special/heavy. They removed artifacts (which were super fun in PvE) altogether. Fun cosmetics were moved entirely to the pay gambling store.

The reason all the loot sucks is they went completely overboard with balancing weapons for the boring rear end 4v4 pvp. I know some people who like it, and that's fine, but all I can say is the numbers don't lie and my friends list, which was full of heavy hitters from D1 pvp, is a wasteland. Even worse, the 4v4 format is high intensity and it's difficult to make it work with varying skill levels. My fun friends who aren't gods have mostly stopped playing as well.

If you haven't played D1 or Console D2 then it won't make sense with how bad and absolutely demoralizing the loot and loot system is in the game.

Destiny 2 is not a game that is reviewable in a short time. It's entirely reasonable to play it through to the end and through a significant amount of post game activities before realizing that it has significant flaws. That doesn't mean you didn't have fun doing the activities, but the game is fairly wide and an inch deep so the more you play the worse your impression of it will likely get. Ask the console bros how much fun it is to have to play the campaign a second time for an alt class.

I'm legitimately fascinated by the direction they went with D2 and find the fallout and disappointment with the endgame extremely interesting (and predictable). The only thing I'm Mad Online about is the PvP situation. They ruined it and I really enjoyed playing a lot of the different D1 pvp modes with lots of friends of wildly varying skill levels. But that is what it is.

I would love for the one guy from Kotaku to write a D2 expose that is on par with his chronicle of D1's gangbang of a development process. From what I've heard this one was almost as nutso.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

holy poo poo lol i just found out about rocktarts

i already regret this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

eonwe posted:

i wonder if you can access them in game, that might be a decent alternative to a clan chat functionality

Tested. It doesn’t work :(

• Locked thread