Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Anyone hear anything about the a WSJ story on Capcom today? Like how they've been doing financially for the past year or so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
just wanted to say. holy poo poo rogue troopers controls have not aged well at all. if your gonna do a remake(and it looks pretty for a remake), modernize the loving controls. everything controls like a tank and the cover system is terrible as is the ammo system. jesus.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Anyone hear anything about the a WSJ story on Capcom today? Like how they've been doing financially for the past year or so?

It took me more than a couple of tries to parse out "Wall Street Journal" instead of "World Shonen Jump"...

And no, googling it just gives me articles from last month on RE7(Which was a commercial success, wasn't it?)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
funny enough, the game capcom was probably expecting a big moneymaker from, marvel vs capcom infinite, kind of just totally flopped on steam compared to lots of other fighting games

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

just wanted to say. holy poo poo rogue troopers controls have not aged well at all. if your gonna do a remake(and it looks pretty for a remake), modernize the loving controls. everything controls like a tank and the cover system is terrible as is the ammo system. jesus.

I remember enjoying the original because you could drop your friend who lived inside a machine gun and he would become an automated turret. That's about all I remember.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

halloween is coming early :spooky:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The Colonel posted:

funny enough, the game capcom was probably expecting a big moneymaker from, marvel vs capcom infinite, kind of just totally flopped on steam compared to lots of other fighting games

They didn't give it a huge (development) budget...but they expected a monumentally huge return?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

They didn't give it a huge (development) budget...but they expected a monumentally huge return?

well, it's marvel vs capcom so presumably they were just expecting it to rake in a bunch of money

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"Nobody will care about the roster in a crossover game, which is always defined by its roster." -Capcom, wisely

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

chumbler posted:

"Nobody will care about the roster in a crossover game, which is always defined by its roster." -Capcom, wisely

Well Fire Emblem Warriors is apparently pretty good

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It's still ridiculous to me that the new MvC game is getting upstaged by a legit good looking DBZ fighter

If this is the dark timeline I don't wanna go back

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Maybe I'll revisit Darkest Dungeon, I haven't played it since it was in Early Access

I love the art style, and they've made some good improvements to it since early access, but its still just... ultimately very stressful. And pretty grindy. Play the first difficulty level of each dungeon and then call it a day.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

chumbler posted:

A lot of that is Marvel being annoying about characters they don’t own the movie rights to.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

Yea it's 100% Marvel being lovely with the X-Men and other chars.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It'd still be an ugly, anemic game even with mutants tbh

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

A lot of that is Marvel being annoying about characters they don’t own the movie rights to.

A lot of it is also no doubt wanting to sell a ton of dlc characters.

My understanding is that the gameplay is alright but there is just zero hype to be found.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don’t think the tiny budget helped.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Looper posted:

Well Fire Emblem Warriors is apparently pretty good

It's

Well, aside from some small issues I have. I'd still recommend it for someone wanting to try out warriors games though, alongside Hyrule warriors and pirate warriors 3.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zaphod42 posted:

I love the art style, and they've made some good improvements to it since early access, but its still just... ultimately very stressful. And pretty grindy. Play the first difficulty level of each dungeon and then call it a day.

Disagree. I think it's extremely fun and not grindy until you get to the titular Darkest Dungeon. I've very rarely even had characters die until well after the second difficulty tier so I wouldn't say it gets stressful until then either. It can take a minute to "git gud" but once you grasp some basic concepts, the game is really not very hard until you get to certain bosses and there's almost always a way to cheese the toughest pre-DD ones.

It's one of my most played games of the year, according to Steam I've got well over 80 hours in it, which accounts for starting over 3 times. I haven't beaten it yet because once you get to the DD the game becomes pretty bullshit but there's a whole lot of game before that so I deffo got my $20 worth out of it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

The Capcom side kinda sucks too though

where's Leon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

its not just on steam, nobody gives a poo poo about mvci. i never knew who they were trying to appeal to, the people who actually like mvc games were always going to hate the lovely roster, ugly aesthetic and reused animations, and the marvel fans who want to uhhh play a ludicrously high ceiling airdasher just won't do that because theres a free "fighting" game on mobile where you can just watch your favorite superheros do ultimate attacks and buy lootboxes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tap my mountain posted:

It's still ridiculous to me that the new MvC game is getting upstaged by a legit good looking DBZ fighter

speaking of, idk if anyone mentioned it here but that has a date now. January 26th. Im going to preorder it for the Early Beta Access and Exclusive Goku Outfit, because I'm a real gamer

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The only thing souring me on DBFZ is the DLC and all. Namco pulling a Capcom.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The thing that would make me most interested in MvCI is possibly watching SonicFox waltz in and completely wreck the Capcom shills veterans who have been playing MvC for far longer

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Shindragon posted:

The only thing souring me on DBFZ is the DLC and all. Namco pulling a Capcom.
its a lotta dlc but I guess I can't motivate myself to care because who gives a poo poo about 90% of the characters in DBZ

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Finished Samus Returns, which along with wrapping up Zelda means I now have a clear path to Mario Odyssey.

Metroid was outstanding. Still can't believe it turned out as well as it did. Might still give the edge to AM2R for looking better, though Samus Returns also had better boss fights.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Huh I didn't hear about the dlc planned for Fighterz. $35 is a lot of money for 8 characters.

I'm not too worried, I'm sure the launch roster will be good enough if the 27 character rumor is true.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I visited my brother and he and his best friend were taking a trip down Nostalgia Lane, playing Digimon World on the PSX

I vaguely remembered it from when I was a kid so I sat down and BS'd with them for a while as they went through the motions of the early game

Holy poo poo that game was a janky grindfest. I think I forgot how much free time I had as a kid, because it had no appeal whatsoever after like 10 minutes.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It looks to be fake:

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/922627025411510272

Besides, who would want to buy a company with the headcount of Take2 and the billings of Deep Silver?

tap my mountain posted:

The game is coming out as the same day as Monster Hunter World. Bandai-Namco having a grudge against Capcom?

Sunning fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 24, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sunning posted:

The game is coming out as the same day as Monster Hunter World. Bandai-Namco having a grudge against Capcom?

That seems like perhaps not the wisest decision by bamco, assuming the main barrier to MH in the west is that it was only on handhelds.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm stilling lolling at asscreed borigins coming out the same day as Wolfenstein and freaking mario

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I still remember when Red Dead Redemption released and I saw a friend in line for Alan Wake at the same store

Needless to say we are not longer friends.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

tap my mountain posted:

I'm stilling lolling at asscreed borigins coming out the same day as Wolfenstein and freaking mario

AssOr will outsell both of them, undoubtedly

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah if I saw you lining up for RDR I'd dump you too

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

if u wanna lol here's one for you

https://blog.twitch.tv/bring-the-zombie-apocalypse-to-twitch-7a5bf4ecff42

quote:

From now through November 3rd, go trick or treating on any Bits enabled channel by Cheering with at least 250 Bits and unlock a Halloween Crate containing one of six temporary zombie emotes. Collect all six and Zombie Lord Kappa will be yours forever. We all know, what is dead may never die…

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

how did it come to this

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
As fun as it is to poo poo on Capcom, the Marvel roster problems in MvCI are mainly because Disney are being giant babies about the stuff Fox owns the movie rights to and are doing their best to devalue the brands where there so Fox will give them back.

If you want to laugh at Capcom laugh at the fact that the entire budget they have the game was allegedly less than what they gave SFV to develop a season dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

this is relevant: https://clips.twitch.tv/PrettiestAffluentFerretPupper

• Locked thread