Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

EvanTH posted:

Article shoulda cut this Stockton swipe:

Over the course of his 18 year, 1500 game career, John Stockton averaged 10.9 assists per game at home and 10.1 at home.

He was one of the greatest players of all time, sorry folks.

I think you just defeated your own point. If he averaged 21 assists per game at home, then he didn’t get very many on the road!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Does the NBA allow payment plans for fines or does Steph have to pay $50k all at once?

I know he can afford to pay it all at once I’m just curious.

This... is actually a really good and interesting question. I can't find anything online, but there has to be something like that, right? But maybe there's a salary limit on it?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I think it is deducted from his game check

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

EvanTH posted:

Article shoulda cut this Stockton swipe:

Over the course of his 18 year, 1500 game career, John Stockton averaged 10.9 assists per game at home and 10.1 at home.

He was one of the greatest players of all time, sorry folks.

I think I've posted this like 20 times and somehow people still bring up Stockton every time this conversation comes up.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
You could take away every single assist Stockton ever had at home and he'd still be 11th all time in assists lol.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Sivek posted:

Probably thinking of this classic. "gently caress it. He's getting a shitload of assists."

The Abdur-Rahim blocks may be even better. Exactly 81 games played both home and away over two seasons and he had 113 blocks at home vs. 42 on the road.

Also the Clippers were grossly deflating stats to suppress player value, but I'm sure that's not much of a surprise.

One of my favorite stories in the NBA all time.

Also helps my argument of assists being way too important to most NBA stat-likers.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

pretty sure he'll just get his dad to pay it and promise never to do it again

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Why does Phoenix continually have good PGs fall into their lap and how do they manage to always piss them off

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

Why does Phoenix continually have good PGs fall into their lap and how do they manage to always piss them off

When the organization can't attract Steve Nash to work there after he was done playing, makes you think.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Niwrad posted:

Kanter threw it in the stands if I remember and Cousins accidentally spit it at the opponent bench when he was trash talking. I don't remember the one from Curry last year but this year he threw it at a ref which is usually a no-no (if you're not a star). This was the Haslem one I remembered. Was the playoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjCLYqTp6F4

Yup :lol:

Hahaha, "accidentally"

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/12/21/14036936/demarcus-cousins-ejected-mouthpiece-55-points-unejected

This was the one where he got ejected then unejected too

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

kiimo posted:

He should lose the mouthpiece anyway. He's always chewing on that thing in a weird gross way.

The crazy thing is that someone would buy that mouthguard on ebay for some crazy sum of money just to smell Steph's dry spit for a few days. Heck, probably even wear it.

*shudder*

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
https://youtu.be/40YkCQcMCpQ

Should be posted even when not relevant to the topic

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well Ben Simmons put up his first triple double and Embiid scored 30 in 28 minutes...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

The crazy thing is that someone would buy that mouthguard on ebay for some crazy sum of money just to smell Steph's dry spit for a few days. Heck, probably even wear it.

*shudder*

I hate you for putting this thought in my mind

zoux posted:

Well Ben Simmons put up his first triple double and Embiid scored 30 in 28 minutes...

Whoa

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/922635486899900417

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Already bought a Simmons jersey

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Good ole Hambone Williams

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

We need more good ol nicknames like hambone

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

51 points on 26 shots.

Simmons and Embiid

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Away all Goats posted:

We need more good ol nicknames like hambone

https://twitter.com/rodger_sherman/status/922640885145374720

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

51 points on 26 shots.

Simmons and Embiid

https://twitter.com/sixers/status/922625869029441536

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Bobby Digital posted:

I think you just defeated your own point. If he averaged 21 assists per game at home, then he didn’t get very many on the road!!!

ah heck he sucks

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I'm assuming that yelling "hambone" at random people was the 1950s equivalent of yelling free bird

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
remember while at lsu simmons's teammates didn't care and sucked so the media questioned if he really was worthy of the number 1 pick lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Metapod posted:

remember while at lsu simmons's teammates didn't care and sucked so the media questioned if he really was worthy of the number 1 pick lol

Should probably just give him the finals mvp now

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Great game from Simmons, being Aussie I really should get his jersey but god drat Antetokounmpo is a beast and I want his....drat Aussie NBA store doesnt even have his jersey, will have to import.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
i hope the early season-ending injuries we've seen are some kind of dorian gray situation that will give us a whole season of simmons and embiid

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

mods, please namechange me to Hambone

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

November N/V Hambone Headquarters

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

That's pretty good but let's not start comparing him to Hambone Williams

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/922651740184481793

Harden and Chalmers going hambone on each other

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Really wish Harden hadn't shoved him there, that possession could have been important

Grit and ground

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's Avery bradly iirc

On defense

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

So I've seen a couple of people here say that the Lakers want Lebrun but I can't find any articles about that. Why would they want him? Isn't he kind of nearing the end of his career? And buying one allstar won't win a championship so why not focus on what you have and build and make the playoffs then bring in that expensive player to finish the job the year after?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

From all available evidence LeBron James appears to be nearing his peak.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Paul "Hambones" Zipser

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zoux posted:

From all available evidence LeBron James appears to be nearing his peak.

His efficiency peak was in Miami especially his bonkers .322 ws 48 year

But he's still playing at what any other Human would consider to be hall of fame levels

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

edit: oops that article is old as heck.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 24, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DrewShiller/status/922655926649200640

But did he build equity with ownership?

I think not :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
To be fair, he only played like 4 minutes of non-garbage time

• Locked thread