Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Sockser posted:

What team are people using to clear floor three of this loving thing? Basically all the good leads w/ good teams I have are dark.

Theoretically I could just run DAth and a pile of board changers and hope for the best?

I went in with Anubis/Anubis when I saw it was 7x6, discovered it was tricolor and my team was almost entirely L/D, popped Anubis to make some darks and oneshot anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I used Sarasvati just for variety and it was no big deal, just use board changers if you want to use DAthena

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

DAth + Anubis did the trick

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.
What are people using for the no sky fall floor?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Main results: vampire Lord, misery. Why is vampire lord even a crystal. This is cruel.

Alt: Thoth, Nene :woop: I'm not even sure I want her as a lead though. She'll make a nice sub for dathena for sure.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

While you suckers are wasting your stones on garbage Halloween stuff, I'm saving mine up for garbage Rurouni Kenshin.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

robbob posted:

Those floors are made for the Kush.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gently caress halloween, I'm saving mine for the dragonbound rem that hasn't hit na yet. there's only 1 thing in that whole rem that I'd be disappointed by (the 5* light guy), which means I'm gonna roll nothing but him

also my rank 50 rolls for hallloween were some lame silver garbage. can't remember the last time I got what I actually wanted from a seasonal rem

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008

robbob posted:

Shame option - DAthena, doing enough damage to push the final boss below 70, then getting so pissed off by all of the locked skyfall orbs that I stalled that out and waited to get a great Haku board and spiked with a jewel girl.

No, not proud of that at all.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

robbob posted:

Combo fenrir

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Sockser posted:

What team are people using to clear floor three of this loving thing? Basically all the good leads w/ good teams I have are dark.

Theoretically I could just run DAth and a pile of board changers and hope for the best?

I did Anubis/Anubis, not realizing it was tricolor, but it turns out that with Yuna and Tachibana their subatts are sufficient to get the job done if you pop a skill.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The tricolor floor? Generic Inahime here.

isndl
May 2, 2012

robbob posted:

DAth, 3 dark orbs + 3 not dark/blue combos two-shots Sopdet, use delays on Volsung and Hamal, Balboa inherit + Facet inherit + Haku board for LMeta kill.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008
Awoken skills invalid is always the least fun gimmick. This one seems ultra fun, though, by starting you off against something you need a lot of healing to stall against, then putting you against something you effectively need an active skill to beat. How are people dealing with this little pile of fun?

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

heisenberg posted:

Awoken skills invalid is always the least fun gimmick. This one seems ultra fun, though, by starting you off against something you need a lot of healing to stall against, then putting you against something you effectively need an active skill to beat. How are people dealing with this little pile of fun?

I used Meri with whatever and had pixel tidus on the team. Stalled on floors 1 2 and 3. Rcv makes it easy.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

heisenberg posted:

Jize? He handles floor two with ease.

isndl
May 2, 2012

heisenberg posted:

DMeta, Academy Sleeping Beauty for floor 2 (4 turn CD means guaranteed to be up before it does its nuke), stall out the leader bind because I used the player skill time badge, combo and one-shot, pop actives and go for kill (and accidentally blob but it's okay because the darks were enhanced and we have type advantage).

I guess that's more of a commentary on how DMeta is particularly suited for no awakenings dungeons though.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Cloud city floor three is giving me fits- I've tried kush and other high combo bonus havers, direct damage and a few other things (ignore floor constraints, dathena+ rhaku agressively) and the best I've done is knocking it down to 25% before it nukes me. :smith:

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

My alt has like 900k MP should I buy RMyr? I Anublos everything with my alt + main right now and I can buy it on my main and have mp left over to buy whatever else but the same isn't true about my alt. And I probably wouldn't use RMyr unless both my accounts have it.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Ultima66 posted:

My alt has like 900k MP should I buy RMyr? I Anublos everything with my alt + main right now and I can buy it on my main and have mp left over to buy whatever else but the same isn't true about my alt. And I probably wouldn't use RMyr unless both my accounts have it.

I think dathena is still a better long term purchase if you don't have one yet. She punches through most dungeons with two combos and has a ton of great subs. If you've already got a dathena, go nuts, do whatever.

isndl
May 2, 2012

boo_radley posted:

Cloud city floor three is giving me fits- I've tried kush and other high combo bonus havers, direct damage and a few other things (ignore floor constraints, dathena+ rhaku agressively) and the best I've done is knocking it down to 25% before it nukes me. :smith:

Pair with friend Anubis, pop an active and go to town? Stack Tsubakis for dragon killers? I wouldn't use Kush because you don't need tankiness and you're giving up free damage from skyfalls. If you don't have your own Anubis try a combo lead like Shiva or something with friend Anubis.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

boo_radley posted:

I did it with double Yuna and my favorite red 7c murder machines in the middle. Red-Green-Blue-Heart triggers the multipliers and the lack of light orbs doesn't end up mattering.

Stuck on five myself. I can get the necessary HP, I can get the necessary damage, but getting both is tough.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

isndl posted:

I wouldn't use Kush
:colbert:
In any case, Anubis is the best for floor3.

Kush-cleared all the dungeons of cloud city. Because Kushi and her pal Diablos let you take it easy. MVP goes to Diao-Chan for clearing locks, removing time debuffs, and being the best inherit mule. Bonus "Who would have thought this poo poo would be useful" award goes to both versions of Red Riding Hood.

Got killed once the last floor by CuChu, of all things, because I kept doing damage over his 30m defense by mistake. It was until I remembered that Diablos has the defense pierce awakening that I realized what was happening. (That wasn't my only death, only the weirdest one).

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 25, 2017

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just cleared Floors 9 & 10 with RMyr/Diablos. I think I've found my new favorite leader combo. (Subs were Paimon/Saria/Tachibana/Glavenus, if anyone's interested.)

Oh, and the ults for Ryune, Saria, and Sylvie are out now.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

delfin posted:

I did it with double Yuna and my favorite red 7c murder machines in the middle. Red-Green-Blue-Heart triggers the multipliers and the lack of light orbs doesn't end up mattering.

Stuck on five myself. I can get the necessary HP, I can get the necessary damage, but getting both is tough.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Double Julie leads and every dragon killer/7c character I had did the trick. Astray mist let me survive two count downs which was a first. :toot:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Saria and Yog had a baby, and her name is Lonia.

quote:

Light Sonia Stats
AS: Recover 30% HP; Fire/Light/Heart board change MAX CD 10
LS: Dragon/Balance Types 2x ATK & RCV; Match 2+ Light combos for reduced damage & 3x ATK

Coming to you in... pad radar! She's one of those QR-code mons so she'll probably end up in the MP shop like R.Myr (Dark sonia is 250k but this one should be more expensive, but less than 750K imo). As a leader she's very 2016 but her active and awakenings should be good for people who don't have ways to deal with resolve and for some Yog teams.

She gets a solid "eh, ok, I guess" from me.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Oct 25, 2017

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Paul Zuvella posted:

How seen people doing this no leader skill dungeon?

Anything with 7C and delays. I did it with my DAthena team

DaveWoo posted:

Just cleared Floors 9 & 10 with RMyr/Diablos. I think I've found my new favorite leader combo. (Subs were Paimon/Saria/Tachibana/Glavenus, if anyone's interested.)

rows and FUA - I laughed and cried

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Oct 25, 2017

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Any idea when NA is up for a BF/challenge mode/magic stone package reset?

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Okay, as per outdated newbie advice I cleared Castle of Satan and the first two technical dungeons. I’d like to work on evolving some of my monsters. What should I generally be doing at this point? At the moment I tinker around in the daily dungeons and just hope something useful for an evolution will drop.

isndl
May 2, 2012
Clear dungeons for stones, save them for the godfest that'll be happening next week. Level and evo your stuff if you're hitting a wall clearing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

delfin posted:

dathena seems like she'd be good for that floor. it's god enhanced and dathena and a bunch of her best subs are god attribute. even unboosted, she should be more than enough on both accounts

just bring a fujin inherit on something for the boss

e: just tested it and my dathena team has 100k health and more than enough damage

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 26, 2017

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
So why go with Leader Ryune? Isnt her leader skill pretty out dated?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Munkaboo posted:

So why go with Leader Ryune? Isnt her leader skill pretty out dated?

For the same reason you would go with any of the dozen of new ultimate GFE evolutions that have outdated leader skills: because you like that play-style or because you don't have a better leader.

And at least leader Ryune does no longer need a skill to activate her leader skill fully, unlike my Gremory. I am still pissed about that.

Ok, managed to get 11 copies, just in case, of each gachadragon in JP. I did my part so now I just have to wait for the others to get us the final free roll in the halloween REM. I am thinking about spending my rolls Nene's day, since I don't have a kamimusubi for Verd. Not that I'll roll either of them!

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
none of the mail rolls have the bonus attached to them afaik

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
also, almost a perfect run :argh:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

none of the mail rolls have the bonus attached to them afaik

I'll just pretend they do. It's not like it would actually change much. And I had to run the higher dungeon like 35 times to get my 11 drops. Such BS.

e: Hey, some new art. Xin Hua is channeling Uruka's butt pose pretty hard.

Uvo Xiang Mei
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/923441384157147136
AS: No change
LS: Healer Types 1.5x HP, 3x ATK; Match 2+ heart combos for 4x ATK

Uvo You Yu
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/923441601849958400
AS: For 1 turn, 2x Attacker types from "For 1 turn, 1.5x Attacker types"; orb change remains the same
LS: Match 2+ water combos for 2.5x ATK & RCV; Match 5+OE for 6x ATK

Uvo Xiu Min
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/923441828535328768
AS: For 1 turn, 2x Physical types from "For 1 turn, 1.5x Physical types"; orb change remains the same
LS: Match 2+ light combos for reduced damage and 2.5x ATK; Match 5+ light orbs for scaling multiplier, max 7x

Uvo Xin Hua
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/923442050384535552
AS: No change
LS: Balance Types 2.5x ATK & RCV; Match 5+ hearts for scaling multiplier, max 7.5x

Reincarnated Zeus
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/923442837995233280
AS: 35% True Gravity
LS: When HP is max, 7.5x ATK; All units 2x ATK & RCV

You Yu hits hard.

e2: Lol! the evos require pad-radar cards (like Diara) so I guess the US will finally get that poo poo.
https://pad.gungho.jp/member/sinka/powerup/171026.html

trucutru fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 26, 2017

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Nene Day on the HalloREM. Time for my one pity pull on each account.

Main: Undine. Unsurprisingly.
Alt: ...Nene. Huh. Guess it IS Nene Day.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

DaveWoo posted:

Thanks for the team leader combo idea. Cleared floor 9 & 10 with them.

I like the concept of Red Myr and pairing with Diablos for a 7x6 board gives way more consistency to hit that combo multiplier than with double Red Myr on a 6x5 board. The extra shield from heart cross gives more bulk than just straight Anubis/Diablos or Yuna/Diablos, while still having that nice RCV bonus from combos rather than active use. That helped a lot on floor 9 when I was stalling out the column lock right before Artemis. The 25.50x multiplier w/o heart cross is actually decent enough to knockout some of the weaker bosses with the Yunas I'm running.

Subs were: Yuna/Yuna/Paimon/Momiji

I'll probably swap in Saria over Momiji, once I get more tamas to full awaken her. And NY Yomi over Paimon, unless I need the HP.

UchihaHirou fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 26, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

trucutru posted:

Reincarnated Zeus
Zeus is finally the farmable "really high atk multiplier and nothing else" leader he was in 2014 again :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

trucutru posted:

Reincarnated Zeus

There's no way in hell that'll be inheritable, right? Not that you'd want to have to stall for 35 turns.

That LS will be fun in the fights you don't need to deal with preemptives (or have the actives to heal back from them).