Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Do you think she'd actually go to a school where inclusion means anything other than whether or not the kid's parents drive a beamer or Audi?

I didn't look to see exactly which school she was at, but anyone remember me talking about getting bullied by racists so mercilessly I woke up with panic attacks, vomiting and refused to go to school?

That was West Bloomfield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The fact that there's a very good chance she was culled from a sex slave shipment group of 'models' because Donny Boy took a liking to her?

Alternatively: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6NqscIsidQ

Donald Trump is likely to have a laundry list of activities possibly far, far worse than the stuff for which he's getting investigated, actions in office notwithstanding. He'll never face any legal repercussions for those things.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Here are the winning 8 wall prototypes

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Koalas March posted:

I didn't look to see exactly which school she was at, but anyone remember me talking about getting bullied by racists so mercilessly I woke up with panic attacks, vomiting and refused to go to school?

That was West Bloomfield.

Jesus gently caress. I was just picturing it as the community from American housewife.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This is officially the dumbest loving nation on the planet.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

man, she must be in quite a shock generally. i mean can you imagine what it must be like to start out as a mediocre swimsuit model in some eastern european country and end up as the first lady of the united god drat states?

I bet one of the movies that's going to be made about this time period will end up approaching it from this perspective.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lol if we built one of those instead of a bunch of seawalls.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
yeah i can definitely see the half million dollars worth of innovation in #3 and #8

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

These Loss edits just keep getting shittier and shittier.

jesucristo
May 6, 2005

Those are legit cool looking and would be great as outdoor art pieces or something if it weren't for the whole dumbass racist thing...

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
imagine, like, a bunch of guys in suits just really scrutinizing those things in the hot sun and bunch of interns standing nearby furiously taking notes

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Chadderbox posted:

I bet one of the movies that's going to be made about this time period will end up approaching it from this perspective.

Ala http://imdb.com/title/tt0144905/

Trabisnikof fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 24, 2017

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Not one of these appears to consider the idea that the border isn't completely flat.

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

Explosives, drills, sledgehammers or fire I don't care.

Wipe them all of the face of this loving planet.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

We need to stop the drugs coming through the border

Okay let's build a border wall with holes along its entire length.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

So how much dynamite to blow a hole in any of these?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
E: Nevermind, going to bed.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Republicans posted:

So how much dynamite to blow a hole in any of these?

That's not how you spell firecrackers.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Psychepath posted:

Not one of these appears to consider the idea that the border isn't completely flat.

the trump admin is just going to replace already existing border walls with these bigger ones, leave the open desert for some later phase of development, then just declare the whole project completed

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Psychepath posted:

You're approaching this from the mindset that this isn't a grifting operation.

All of those walls would do a great job of fleecing the US government.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Deteriorata posted:

I think I've figured it out:

moneyshot:

https://twitter.com/byaaroncdavis/status/922651730956791808

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
All they need to do is have Trump's face plastered along the wall. If I was from Mexico, that would sure deter me from wanting to enter the US.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

What are they going to do for a gate? Strap a wall segment to an old bus?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mustached Demon posted:

"... whoops."

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Your Taint posted:

Still happily together.

We went to Spring Green, WI for the House on the Rock and some other things in that area, and kept seeing signs saying how far away Dubuque was. We were both saying things like "OH, WELL ONLY 80 MILES TO DUBUQUE!" and eventually it turned into "We should go." "Really?" "Yeah, why not?" "Ok, sure!" and we went. We saw some sort of Mississippi River museum and had lunch and then went back. It was pretty lame.

That's pretty accurate. I was there a bunch when my friend's wife was getting her masters and the only fun things we did other than drink with the other grad students and play video games were go to Galena IL and Potosi WI. A little brewery opened up in their old downtown, which I went to once and it was decent, but the fact that after a couple years it was still Galena and Potosi was... telling.

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

boner confessor posted:

yeah i can definitely see the half million dollars worth of innovation in #3 and #8

It doesn't look like much, but #3 is actually sentient. However, it can feel nothing but shame.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

President Kucinich posted:

You're approaching this from the mindset that this isn't a grifting operation.

All of those walls would do a great job of fleecing the US government.

Designs #6, followed by #7, is basically the "why bother" of architecture and I hope they win because look at how thick those loving slats are.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

a close up

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mustached Demon posted:

Don't disclose classified information! :nono:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'd like to think that the contract for #7 is just real certain that this stupid loving thing is never going to get built and decided to capture as large a margin on this test project as possible.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Boon posted:

I'd like to think that the contract for #7 is just real certain that this stupid loving thing is never going to get built and decided to capture as large a margin on this test project as possible.

You might think so, but if that were the case they'd have made it gold-colored.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

jesucristo posted:

Those are legit cool looking and would be great as outdoor art pieces or something if it weren't for the whole dumbass racist thing...
any decent art investor should snap them up, in thirty years the dumbass racist context will be what gives them true artistic value especially when a) the wall never gets built and b) the samples have outlived the united states of america

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

BIG HEADLINE posted:

You might think so, but if that were the case they'd have made it gold-colored.

Wups, meant #3 :(

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
#4 reminds me of the walls I see in coverage of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i like the desperate handprints clawed into the dust at the top of the metal one. the designers understand their target market

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'd like to point out that I work for one of the largest construction companies in the US, and while we have built millions of dollars worth of border fencing we opted out of bidding on this border wall thanks to the work of employees petitioning upper management.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Doesn't the PR utility CEO also need to be corrupt to sign that contract, not just Ryan Zinke?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Here's the story of an angry hatebeast
Who got elected President for fun
He did it on the back of yelling loudly
About Mexicans.

Here's the story, of a stupid idea
That he came up with to keep those people out
They told him that, "it would never work, Don,"
And yet still, he'd shout

So the day came when he said "well then let's build it"
And his staff was completely devoid of balls
So they said, go look for some cheap contracts
That's the way we paid for all these Useless Walls

These Useless Walls,
These Useless Walls,
That's the way we paid for all these Useless Walls.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

I feel like this is ripped off something else, I literally just read something else saying "have lunch with someone you don't know."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Doesn't the PR utility CEO also need to be corrupt to sign that contract, not just Ryan Zinke?

The PREPA has been known to be hilariously corrupt for a very long time. That's part of the problem with rebuilding. One proposal regarding the bankruptcy has been to sell it to the Wall Street people who own the PR debt, so that they can get their money back through electricity rates.

PR is a mess. People talk about making them a state, but they've got a hell of a lot of mess to clean up in their civic institutions before they're ready for that - even before the hurricanes.

• Locked thread