Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

No Wave posted:

Tell me about this Zagara counter

Zeratul or any stealthy dude probably.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

In QM you just shrug and go eh its QM.

I should have mentioned in qm yeah. Sometimes you're just boned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Thanks for the help dudes. :)

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Hammer should absolutely use her E, it's a very powerful button

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Part of the reason why I think hammer/nova/zagara are so popular in QM is because the other team doesn't have the opportunity to draft a specific counter.
Only one of those that's actually popular in QM is Nova. Hammer is in the bottom half of popularity despite impressive win rates and Zag is not even in the top 30. What most of the popular QM heroes have in common is stealth, good ranged poke, or just got reworked, so it's mysterious why Zag is so relatively unpopular because she has impressive poke.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 23, 2017

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

My goto zag counter is chen, which works insanely well but its a super hard pick to get a good draft for, the enemy team needs to have very little CC and every warrior seems to have 2-3 ways to interrupt your drinking.

The best counter to a zag though is to just rotate on her when she inevitably pushes her lane out too far because something about that hero makes people push their lanes unsafely all the time.

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 23, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Polio Vax Scene posted:

My goto zag counter is chen, which works insanely well but its a super hard pick to get a good draft for, the enemy team needs to have very little CC and every warrior seems to have 2-3 ways to interrupt your drinking.
Yeah I know Chen and Illidan are the high-level counters but I'm not going to suggest that anyone on my team goes Illidan ever.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Gustav posted:

Hammer should absolutely use her E, it's a very powerful button

Eraflure posted:

Bad Hammer players should never press E in most of their games

It's very powerful and makes killing you very easy if you don't do it properly.

Regarding Zagara counters:

1) Illidan completely neuters Zagara post 10
2) heavy gankers who can apply pressure on her
3) dual lane with an offensive healer like lili or rehgar
4) Chen
5) something with proper waveclear and sustain (like Sonya) can help mitigate her PvE impact

Eraflure fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 23, 2017

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
You don't get better at it if you don't do it though. If you just axe using E from your kit you'll be a Bad Hammer forever.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Bad hammers would be literally useless if they never used siege. If all they can do manage is siege up and afk god knows what kind of subhuman behavior I would witness if I took their E button away.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

I'd argue bad Hammers would benefit a lot from not using E several games in a row, if only because it would make them realize she doesn't need to siege to contribute in fights. Not sieging will actively increase your dps against any kind of dive, too, since it lets her make better use of her trait.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Hammer talk and no elysium?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

No Wave posted:

Tell me about this Zagara counter

Falstad, Samuro (lol), Thrall, Naz, Q build Jaina (save W for hydra), Junkrat, Kael and KT can't win lane but can stall it, any solo lane tank (Arthas, Artanis, Sonya, Garrosh, Varian with Lion's Fang since Q can insta delete the hydralisk)

Those are what work for me, ymmv

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Junkrat shits all over hammer. Take a couple AAs, and conc-mine her into your towers, then drop Q's on her as she bugs out. Might not kill her, but she'll sure as gently caress rotate.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah artanis is another good one, with amateur opponent you just stab the hydra then go back to not giving a gently caress about her spitting at you

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Is the "player you're matched with has left" a bug? Because I've had it happen ~5 times today trying to get into a UD game. Still haven't gotten into a match.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

During the queue pop or during the draft?

No it's not a bug

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

During the draft. Guess people really love leaving.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Yes, that's someone getting tilted by a pick and just leaving

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Seebach posted:

Hammer talk and no elysium?

They released like 15 heroes in a row that poo poo on Hammer. It's annoying as hell playing Hammer in QM now and its near impossible to draft him well unless your whole team coordinates and you have a later pick that works out against your opponents early picks.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

When the gently caress did Zagara get a new hearthing animation? Granted I never see it because Nydus is too good.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Elysium posted:

its near impossible to draft him well

is it a worse foul to misgender hammer or misgender brightwing

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

EdRush posted:

hammer because the only way to actually tell brightwing's gender is to look at her description

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

EdRush posted:

At least Brightwing doesn't have any stereotypical feminine uh... things like eyelashes or a name like Brightwingette or something. So I can see how you can misgender her. Hammer is clearly a human lady with boobies

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Hammer is clearly a human lady with boobies

in my mind, for whatever reason, she'll always be a warcraft dwarf.

i think it's the pigtail braids.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kerrrrrrr posted:

in my mind, for whatever reason, she'll always be a warcraft dwarf.

i think it's the pigtail braids.

Either way she has boobies

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

stop assigning gender to my heroes!!!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Hammer is a Terran lady, with Orc lady skins.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
I work on this game. This thread is as lousy as the SC2 engine but they both get by I guess. Blizzcon is next week and I'd be lying if I said there weren't big things coming down the pipe. BIG THINGS. This may be the calm before the "Storm". If any of you are going chances are you'll run into me as I try to sit you down at a demo PC.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sourdough Sam posted:

I work on this game. This thread is as lousy as the SC2 engine but they both get by I guess. Blizzcon is next week and I'd be lying if I said there weren't big things coming down the pipe. BIG THINGS. This may be the calm before the "Storm". If any of you are going chances are you'll run into me as I try to sit you down at a demo PC.

Mantid please

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010

Sourdough Sam posted:

That's good to hear I've been really enjoying the game. Do you have any hints to drop?

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

I said big things. Not C tier npc race from an expansion everyone forgot.

Also I can't really give any clues but if anyone wants to know what its like making art for this game I can give *some* insight.

Sourdough Sam fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 24, 2017

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

10v10 mode, calling it now.

e: I really like the fountains, you guys did a great job with them.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010

Sourdough Sam posted:

Also I can't really give any clues but if anyone wants to know what its like making art for this game I can give *some* insight.

Sure, whats it like working for blizzard? You guys need a mediocre programmer? I've always dreamed working for you guys.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Do you guys make the Diablo team eat alone in the cafeteria? Are their offices in a windowless basement? :smith:

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Polio Vax Scene posted:

10v10 mode, calling it now.

e: I really like the fountains, you guys did a great job with them.

Thanks. They are fun little self contained props to model.

smarion2 posted:

Sure, whats it like working for blizzard?

It's great. Probably the most stable game studio. Don't have to fear financial failure or layoffs.

Sourdough Sam fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Oct 30, 2017

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Looking forward to blizzcon just so I can hopefully hear Maiev is coming to Hots.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Deathwing and Roadhog confirmed. Big things.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sourdough Sam posted:

Not C tier npc race from an expansion everyone forgot.

hosed up that a blizzard employee is this wrong

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I'm still waiting for a Warcraft themed map with Moonwell fountains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sourdough Sam posted:

:mad: rude