Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
Hmm, ok. Maybe I'll just go for it now then.

I currently have Sharog, Spiderman, Agent Venom, and Loki at T2 with ISO sets that correspond to their strengths, as well as decent obelisks (i guess), as well as their good uniforms. So I think Iron Fist with his uniform would be nice addition to this growing roster.

jjef fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Just a friendly reminder that Worst Alliance is always looking for recruits! We are at the highest alliance rank! (also I'm bad at this and inherited it from someone competent)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You’re doing a great job.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

STAC Goat posted:

6* Ticket. Options: She-Hulk, Ironheart, Kid Kaiju, Sister Grimm, or save?
My thoughts? I'd like to get She Hulk up for her leadership but the smarter move is probably to use it on Kaiju or Ironheart.

KK is a little more reliable in SL stages but Ironheart has a much better leadership. I'd do either of them over Shulkie. She's got the best leadership in the game for some specific things but is otherwise... not great. Sister Grimm should be way better than she is. :( I'm about to naturally T2 her and I don't know why except that I look forward to using the 8-daily ranged selectors for someone besides her for the first time in like a year. Fingers crossed for a tie-in uni (and a Runaways update holy smokes.)

quote:

T2 Ticket. Options: Beast, Black Panther, Moon Knight, Luke Cage, Sif, Ancient One, Baron Mordo, Iron Man, Wasp, Yellowjacket, Ant-Man, Winter Soldier, Ghost Rider, Santana, Thor, and Vision.
My thoughts? Beast, Santana, Ancient One, Mordo, Ant-Man, and Thor all seem like people I can naturally T2 with bios I get from special stuff so the ticket seems like a waste on them. I'm leaning towards one of the combat ones, notable Black Panther or Moon Knight. Also debating just hanging onto it.

Out of those, I pick Wasp. She's incredibly good for pvp stuff and has use in Shadowlands too; she can easily solo an early rumble. Sometimes I throw her at the stage 2 one just to make it quick. Requires manual control, though -- the AI has no idea it needs to stay in her bubble.

MK's a good choice if you need combat people but his damage is poop. Sif might actually be the better choice if you have her uni.

Or save it, at least until this update. Might get a Thor uni that turns him into a monster or something.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 20, 2017

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Here's the update's Thor uni.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yep there’s my boner. I knew I could do it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I'm ready.

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
Should I start focusing on Thor now? As I mentioned earlier, I'm almost finished up with Iron Fist (I bought the uniform) and I was considering who to focus on next, other than Enchantress who is part of the bio sub.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
It's kinda sad that the A-Force are so bad these days. Not that I really care. Nico is still my waifu, and I T2-ed her as soon as I could. She was also my first to get a mythic uni. I still love her, and She-Hulk and Singularity.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

jjef posted:

Should I start focusing on Thor now? As I mentioned earlier, I'm almost finished up with Iron Fist (I bought the uniform) and I was considering who to focus on next, other than Enchantress who is part of the bio sub.

Thor is... not great right now. The new uni could be huge, could make him a top tier character, but that is asking a lot. I certainly wouldn't focus on him if you have other options, at least not until the patch. If you have spare energy to use on his stages though that's worth doing.

Hela is worth using just for her leadership, but not much else right now.

Here's hoping all of the new uniforms are a huge boost to each character, they all need some real help.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Oct 20, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have Thor at 4/20 and that 150 bios from the Event Token thing will make him capable to T2 naturally (and I have plenty of BAM, Chaos Stones, and Universal Stones). So I definitely am looking forward to him getting upgraded with the update.

I'm a little disappointed with myself that I didn't save crystals to get his costume. Its premature but I'm feeling it. Especially since just a few days ago I went and bought Deathlok and Karnak costumes, two characters I don't care about at all but I did it to get the bonuses on my new Mythical Sharon Rogers costume. But now I'm really kicking myself for not saving for the Ragnarok costumes.

But you know... next costume sale a month from now or something. But still... stupid Deathlok and Karnak.

I don't have Hela anywhere near so that won't bug me. Loki is already all built up with the Lady costume. I don't really expect any of the other Asgardians to get an upgrade besides maybe Odin. Hulk will probably get something but I'm not near him either. Then probably Valkyrie and maybe Heimdel or Executioner? I'm very excited for characters and costumes I won't be able to get for a long time.

Maybe I can find the self control to save my Shadowland bios at least.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Oct 20, 2017

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
There we go. Unlocked Apocalypse. Got him to 50 before I ran out of money. At least I've got the feathers and bios to continue leveling him, at least untill I get 9 mill for the next rank.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
3 of the new skins and 1 of the new characters.

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=952340

Confirmed Loki, Hulk and Thor unis, though none are surprising, but Valkyrie somewhat is! Still very likely we get Heimdall as his sword was in one of the teasers, and possibly even more new characters.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Valkyries not surprising. She's the obvious big new character debuting in the movie.

A Hela costume makes sense but also doesnt because visually she already looks the part. So maybe they just tweak her stats.

Heimdal, Executioner, and Odin seem like the other options. Anyone else would surprise me.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
They could do something weird and have The Grandmaster, but I don't see him being playable.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maybe if they did an Epic Mission or something. But I dont think they have enough new characters for that. And sounds like the big part of the update is the new game mode.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Cinara posted:

They could do something weird and have The Grandmaster, but I don't see him being playable.

I thought one of the leaks said Grandmaster was going to be added and as a native T2?

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Going by the movie's character list, Skurge, Korg, and Topaz could all be possibilities too, no?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
6* Mega Rank Up, finally after 2 yrs of playing this game I get something good from the platinum box.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

NOICE

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Now I gotta figure out who to use it on. Maybe Vulture, only good speed guys I have are Spidey and Elsa. Guess I'll wait for the new update first.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vulture is good

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Random question.

I just naturally T2ed Santana just as I did Hellstorm just because their bios are the only options in those Dark Dimension Stages so it just kind of happened. Now as I do my daily stuff it makes me wonder... is there any point in continuing to do those daily missions? The Tracking Missions make sense because they have a good bio-return rate and the Jean/Magneto ones make sense for the feathers/crystals. But do the Dark Dimensions give enough stuff to be worth the energy instead of just using that in Invasion or something?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Yeah no one does those

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Clea bios? :shrug:

If you're really hard up for ISO 8 they're reasonable enough but I haven't bothered with them except on occasion ever since they changed the entry cost. When they were dimensional debris it was neat because you could run them even when you were totally out of energy but now eh.

Daily > Magneto > special missions > the other 2 x-men missions > dimension rift > WB invasion > story > memory > dark dimension is my energy priority I think? With the caveat that I don't do many WB invasions because it involves actually playing the game.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 23, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

NmareBfly posted:

Clea bios? :shrug:

If you're really hard up for ISO 8 they're reasonable enough but I haven't bothered with them except on occasion ever since they changed the entry cost. When they were dimensional debris it was neat because you could run them even when you were totally out of energy but now eh.

Oh poo poo, right. I forgot about her.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
What's the most efficient way to get bios to feed to base t2s?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

In order of efficiency: Magneto daily, 4 X-Men tracking quests, WBI

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
From this data on reddit it looks like WBI is the best, only really beaten by the Magneto daily and even then they are pretty similar. Nothing else even comes close.

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/75mqs5/wbi_stats_that_youve_been_desperately_craving/

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Yes, but in efficiency I factor in the fact that you can literally sim ticket all the X-men quests in 1s, vs the relatively very significant cost of doing 200 energy of WBI

And you're talking to the guy who has all 5 slots unlocked

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Patch notes are up but idk how u guys copy that shite over into the forums with all the images

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

And it looks like Valkyrie is even better than T2 Coulson

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

It’s that time of the month where we add a new update to Marvel Future Fight, and as Marvel’s Thor: Ragnarok has entered theatres worldwide, this update revolves around that. It’s time to take to the battlefield as Thor, Valkyrie and others in the all new Cinematic Battle! As well as new characters, new uniforms and a new mode, there are also modifications to the upgrade systems for cards and ISO-8’s and the all new Comic Card Collections!

■3 New Characters
Valkyrie, Scourge and Heimdall have been added to the game.

※Skill numbers and descriptions based on level 1
※Scourge and Heimdall can be obtained via biometric selectors.
※Valkyrie is available from the ‘Get 20 Biometrics daily’ package.

■4 New Uniforms

New Uniforms for Thor, Loki, Hulk and Hela have been added.

※The prices of the 3 new uniforms (Thor, Hulk, and Loki) are different compared to the existing uniforms already on sale. They also require more materials for the Uniform Upgrade, but the stats increased will be greater.
※New Uniforms will be available at a discounted price for a certain period
※New Uniforms can be tested in the Uniform Room

■Cinematic Battle

The all new Cinematic Battle has been released. This new mode will allow you to take control of some of the most iconic fights from the Marvel Universe! You will also have a chance to collect some new rewards which have been added to this mode.

-Cinematic Battle can be entered via the Challenge Menu.

Upon entering the Cinematic Battle mode, you will see the following screen showing all the relevant information.

1. Here you can check all the possible bonus rewards which are possible to get once.
2. Here you can see information about the stage and also your overall ranking compared to other players.
3. Reward information is displayed here.
Rewards will depend on fulfilling the reward conditions.
4. Enter the stage.

Cinematic Battles will be played with the hero which is assigned to the stage. Even if you do not currently have a hero, you will be able to enter the stage.

Bonus rewards based on the level of your character and Uniform can only be acquired once.

- A list of special rewards can be found in the ‘Bonus Reward’ section in the upper left of the screen.
※ Bonus Compensation will be awarded when the stage is cleared and the bonus condition has been completed.
※ Bonus rewards are only available once per account.

Once you enter the battle, you will be given a time limit to clear the stage.
. If all enemies have been defeated within the time limit, you will clear the stage

-Classic scenes from the Marvel Cinematic Universe are recreated in Marvel Future Fight’s Cinematic Battle Mode

When you clear the stage, you will see your score in the results window and you will be able to see all the rewards that you have earned.

※ The cinematic supply box will be sent to your mail.

■New Comic Card Collection function added

Collecting comic cards has never been more exciting with the all new comic card collection. Two new features have been added, the first is the Comic Card Collection and the second is the Comic Cards.

-You can see all the comic cards that are available in this screen.

Card Collection

New special collections have been added. These collections are sorted into themes, and collecting the cards shown will allow you to complete the set and unlock some additional bonuses. Cards will only be unlocked in the collection window if they are of Mythic Rank.

-If you collect a new card of a specific collection, you will be notified with a red dot and the card image will be illuminated.

※Only mythical comic cards can be registered to the card collection.
※Even if a comic card is consumed, once it has been registered it will stay active in the collection.
※Cards that have been used before the update will not be registered.

Cards

This page will allow you to see all the comic cards in Marvel Future Fight. Each card is shown in the list, and long pressing on the card will show where the card can be obtained.

New Cards added and Premium Card Borders.

New cards have been added to the game. Also premium cards will now have a new border to indicate that they are difficult to obtain.

■ISO-8 and Special Gear improvements

We have improved the functionality of ISO-8’s and Special gears to make them easier to sort and easier to upgrade. We have also added a few new special gears, called Celestial Tech Packs (CTP) to the game.

ISO-8 + Special Gear Enhancement Improvements

We have improved the process of enhancing ISO-8’s and Special Gears. You can now select up to 10 upgrade materials for them to be upgraded.

ISO-8 Quick Enhancement Improvements

Quick Enhancements for ISO-8 has also been improved to make it easier to use. You can now select the grades and types of ISO-8 you wish to use as materials to improve your ISO-8.

Locked ISO-8 Improvement
If you upgrade a locked ISO-8, the resulting ISO-8 will be automatically locked. It doesn’t matter if the other ISO-8 was locked, if the 1st ISO-8 is locked, the result will also be locked.

The inventory will now also check the amount of progress that the equipment has and sort accordingly.

Celestial Tech Packs [C.T.P.]
A new breed of special gears have been discovered. The Celestial Tech Packs [C.T.P.] contain some different stats and can be obtained with a low probability through Hidden Routes. They can also be earned through Boost Point rewards and also in Special Gear chests.

■ Other Changes

1. The size of the damage indicators and display speed has been modified.
2. Battle UI has been improved to show certain heroes unique buff effects.
3. Improved the UI when using clear tickets on the Rise of the X-Men epic quest: Veiled Secret. If an item has a limited quantity, the announcement will only popup once.
4. For items in the store which can only be purchased a limited number of times per day, if you have exhausted the number of purchases the buy button will fade more.
5. Fixed an issue in Alliance Conquest where the leadership of team one would apply to the 2nd team.
6. Fixed an issue where the previous team effects were displayed for the current team in World Boss Invasion.
7. For 'Wolverine - Age of Apocalypse' uniform, all attacks / all defenses of will be increased.
8. Fixed the following issues from the September update:
-If all quest packs have been completed in special missions, a pop-up saying that there are no quest packs available will no longer show.
- The red dot will no longer show for energy recharge if the energy has already been claimed.
- Fixed a game crash issue with Scarlett Witches World Boss stage.
- When viewing other player’s teams, Equipped URU will now show correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the game restarting if changing teams in the Dimension Rift Windows.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to have 3 of the same character on a team (although you could not start a stage with it)
9. Fixed an issue where ‘Destroyer’ would not move after his skill ‘Crush’ was activated.

Hogama post this better. Thanks.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

That's the ICR post quality I've come to expect and love.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

The prices of the 3 new uniforms (Thor, Hulk, and Loki) are different compared to the existing uniforms already on sale. They also require more materials for the Uniform Upgrade, but the stats increased will be greater.

I guess Thomas and Hugh Jackman's uniforms must have sold really well if this is the new norm.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Teaser video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF1IIjTKgcc

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Kegslayer posted:

I guess Thomas and Hugh Jackman's uniforms must have sold really well if this is the new norm.

But also this - 7. For 'Wolverine - Age of Apocalypse' uniform, all attacks / all defenses of will be increased.

so maybe not amazingly well?

I think netmarbu is just trying to find ways to have us waste crystals.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Yeah honestly I'm surprised that's the only real resource dump in this patch. Wonder if they'll still be valid targets for mega uniform tickets? I thought for a second that you'd need specific uniforms to unlock later stages in the cinematic battle but it looks like you just need them for one-time rewards. E: Or maybe not? This is kinda unclear. If you don't have the character and correct uni you can do it but not get any rewards, then there are also one-time BONUS awards based on the LEVEL of character and uniform? I guess we'll see.

The card collection stuff is kinda okay? It'll get rid of one potential re-roll but since it doesn't look like it consumes the card in question (I assumed it did at first) you can still use it. Like, previously I'd 6* a card I wanted, hope it was good, then use it to re-roll another 6 I had waiting when it was inevitably worse than what I had. Now the first 5 -> 6* upgrade roll doesn't matter since I'll be doing it on a crap card just for the collection, but then I can check it off and use it to re-roll the potentially-good 6* anyway.

Need to know more on the celestial tech and new cards.

Valk as a premium sub makes me sad. :( I'm still gonna wait until at least black friday before I spend any more monies here. I'd love to have some mega-6es lined up.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Oct 24, 2017

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I like the card collections idea, I know plenty of people that collect cards for no reason as it is

I am scared there are new cards

I am scared there are new gears

On paper Thor's uni looks like poo poo which makes no sense given it's his event and he's been hot garbage for so long? Maybe the ability modifications are dramatic idk

Give Hulk some long iframes and his new costume looks great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

thechalkoutline posted:

On paper Thor's uni looks like poo poo which makes no sense given it's his event and he's been hot garbage for so long? Maybe the ability modifications are dramatic idk

Give Hulk some long iframes and his new costume looks great

His skills will hopefully be a lot better, I find it annoying that the uniform has the same exact mod as the Unworthy one, but that's typical. The Loki one is also the same as FLoki but with... added damage, wow. Find it annoying that I have Unworthy and FLoki already and these are basically just better versions of both.

New special gear only from hidden routes is stupid, unless it's guaranteed drop for like, every route. New card collection shows there's tons of new cards, which means they're probably gonna come only from card chests which no one wants to spend crystals on. More expensive uniforms for T1 characters is a dumb, bad precedent.