Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Codependent Poster posted:

Haha what? Ladies have always found Peter attractive.

There's really no right way to do this, because "Peter Parker is an unlucky nerd with career problems and an annoying boss" and "Peter Parker is a super-genius with incredible athletic ability, an amazingly-hot body, and connections to everybody but God" are both always going to be true and in superposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Peter owns a technology company now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Peter owns a technology company now.

Nah he burnt that to the ground to prevent Ock taking over. He’s now homeless and crashing with his girlfriend.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
This is what I mean by "constant superposition."

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rand Brittain posted:

There's really no right way to do this, because "Peter Parker is an unlucky nerd with career problems and an annoying boss" and "Peter Parker is a super-genius with incredible athletic ability, an amazingly-hot body, and connections to everybody but God" are both always going to be true and in superposition.

He's unable to leverage his athletic abilities and hot body as Peter Parker, and most of his connections to powerful people are because he's Spider-Man, which Peter Parker also can't take advantage of without a) revealing his identity and b) abandoning his great responsibility that came with his great power. So yeah he is a super genius but he's still a loser nerd with money problems and a lovely boss.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Which is what's great about him as a character; Peter is too good of a person to use his powers to make life easier for him like 95% of people would (he also has direct experience of that backfiring). He instead, does the right thing and makes life harder for himself. Spider-Man is a great character for delivering moral truths, which is why Raimi's first two films are so effective, because they put the theme of sacrifice and responsibility front and centre.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Homecoming had the best Peter, best cameo (Donald Glover) and best MJ.

Also Vulture was cool as hell.

On another note MBJ's hair in Black Panther reminds me of The Weeknd/Abel. I keep expecting him to start singing Starboy.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Maguire was an okay Peter, Garfield was a good Spider-Man. Homecoming had a good balance in both.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I think the real triumph of Homecoming is that Peter and Spider-Man really seem like the same character. In the Raimi and Webb versions it felt like there was a disconnect between the two.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Phylodox posted:

I think the real triumph of Homecoming is that Peter and Spider-Man really seem like the same character. In the Raimi and Webb versions it felt like there was a disconnect between the two.

Agreed. Also Peter felt a lot more authentic as a poor kid from Queens/Brooklyn. And New York looked.. you know, like New york. There were black and brown people everywhere! It was glorious.

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 24, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zendaya was the best MJ but Shailene Woodley was the best Mary Jane Watson.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Zendaya was the best MJ but Shailene Woodley was the best Mary Jane Watson.

It's easy to be the best at something when your scenes get cut and no one can judge your performance haha

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Koalas March posted:

It's easy to be the best at something when your scenes get cut and no one can judge your performance haha

That’s why Jared Leto is the best Joker.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

That’s why Jared Leto is the best Joker.

nah he still had some lovely scenes in SS. I don't remember MJ being in ASM2 at all. (But I could be misremembering, that movie was all over the place)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's completely cut except for being visible like a half second in the last scene in the crowd.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

She's completely cut except for being visible like a half second in the last scene in the crowd.

Ah, so basically the same thing they're doing to KC in Justice League.

I mean, I get why, but it is still a bummer. If Cyborg says "Booyah!" it might be worth it.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So Thor 3 was pretty great, a solid 4 Stars. But, like some of the reviews say, the movie goes for humour over heart at a few points. But it was still very enjoyable, very funny and had some amazing visuals.

The cast is fantastic, with Cate Blanchett hamming it up.

However 2/3 of the Warriors went out like chumps. Plus Lady Sif didn't even appear at all? I'm guessing she was offworld when it all went down. Did I miss a line there?

The scene from the trailer with Hela/Thor in the alleyway (That was filmed at my friend's business!) wasn't in the film at all.

Finally, what was the big ship at the end which the Asgardians came across?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

James Mangold says he's currently working on a script for an X-23 movie. Doesn't necessarily mean one's going to be made but at least he's interested in doing it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Koalas March posted:

Homecoming had the best Peter, best cameo (Donald Glover) and best MJ.

Also Vulture was cool as hell.

On another note MBJ's hair in Black Panther reminds me of The Weeknd/Abel. I keep expecting him to start singing Starboy.

That hair has been making me gay for weeks now.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Andrew_1985 posted:

So Thor 3 was pretty great, a solid 4 Stars. But, like some of the reviews say, the movie goes for humour over heart at a few points. But it was still very enjoyable, very funny and had some amazing visuals.

However 2/3 of the Warriors went out like chumps. Plus Lady Sif didn't even appear at all? I'm guessing she was offworld when it all went down. Did I miss a line there?

The scene from the trailer with Hela/Thor in the alleyway (That was filmed at my friend's business!) wasn't in the film at all.

I'm assuming it belongs to Thanos

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Rhyno posted:

Congratulations, we are all Starbois now.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 24, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8AI_qWHf9M

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

James Mangold says he's currently working on a script for an X-23 movie. Doesn't necessarily mean one's going to be made but at least he's interested in doing it.

I could see it being held back until Dafne Keen is older, but I hope it does get made.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reports are that Ben Mendelsohn is in talks for the villain in Captain Marvel.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Andrew_1985 posted:

For something that I keep hearing is light hearted and funny its a big bummer that they killed off the loving Warriors of 3

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Phylodox posted:

Uh, have you read the 60s Spider-man comics?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fantastic. That dude has been acting his loving rear end off for years and I feel like nobody gave a poo poo about him until Rogue One.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

They’re replacing our next president The Rock with Ben Mendelsohn? Bold move.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
poo poo he would make a great dr. Sivanna.

Or Mr. Mind.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

I'll admit I didn't recognize this guy by name, but yeah, he needs to be a villain in something. He does menace really, really well.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Wait, Captain Marvel as in Carol Danvers or Billy Batson? The latter goes by Shazam nowadays, right?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Schneider Heim posted:

Wait, Captain Marvel as in Carol Danvers or Billy Batson? The latter goes by Shazam nowadays, right?

:thejoke:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Feige confirms Captain Marvel will be in Avengers 4.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CzarChasm posted:

I'll admit I didn't recognize this guy by name, but yeah, he needs to be a villain in something. He does menace really, really well.

He's been the villain in a lot of things! He was even one of the bad guys in Dark Knight Rises (he was the businessman who thought he had hired Bane.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Maybe Mendelsohn will break the trend excellent actors playing forgettable villains hidden behind prosthetics in opener MCU movies but I'm not holding my breath.

Do we know who the main bad guy is gonna be at this point?

He's been the villain in a lot of things! He was even one of the bad guys in Dark Knight Rises (he was the businessman who thought he had hired Bane.)

Also Bloodlines.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

zoux posted:

Maybe Mendelsohn will break the trend excellent actors playing forgettable villains hidden behind prosthetics in opener MCU movies but I'm not holding my breath.

Skrulls?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

zoux posted:

Also Bloodlines.

drat Shame about Colm Feore.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

I think he was at his finest(baddest) in Lost River, just a real creep.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

drat Shame about Colm Feore.

I guess I was thinking more Eccelston but I guess that was a second movie. Lee Pace and Hugo Weaving apply though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I think he was at his finest(baddest) in Lost River, just a real creep.

If you want to see him playing against type he was really good as an idiot heroin addict in Killing Them Softly.

• Locked thread