Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Nipple horns 4 lyfe :c00lbert:

It was such a disappointment that they could not get them to work on the 30k model. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Check this out
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Space-Marine-Imperial-Fists-Razorback-/253220447694?hash=item3af51d65ce:g:No4AAOSwPIhZ64IA

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Zuul the Cat posted:

What are the odds Deathwatch will get access to Leviathan dreads?

Has it been stated that they don’t?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Safety Factor posted:

Nipple horns 4 lyfe :c00lbert:

It was such a disappointment that they could not get them to work on the 30k model. :smith:

The 40k model for Magnus is straight up better than the 30k model. It's even cleaner and less cluttered, in a rare twist.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

TheChirurgeon posted:

The 40k model for Magnus is straight up better than the 30k model. It's even cleaner and less cluttered, in a rare twist.

He has nipples on his head.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Schadenboner posted:

How U'ed-up is the Telion figure? I had an idea of making him into a counts-as Lias Issodon but how much work with the file would I be in for?

I got him when he was metal and successfully genericised him, it's not bad at all.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

I got him when he was metal and successfully genericised him, it's not bad at all.

Speaking of metal, gently caress fine cast. I've been working on lemartes and holy gently caress so many little gates.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

gently caress this guy is pure gold

quote:

They [Marvel] had a meeting a few weeks back with their major distribution stores, during a store owner stood up and asked them when they were going to reverse the current state and go back to classic characters because the new stuff does not sell, he said he has kids coming in after watching the movies looking for comics about the avengers and captain america who leave empty handed because they arnt there anymore.

Do you have twitter? If so look up what the "milkshake crew" say about the fans or how they plan to beat up their critics at comicon.

Marvel comics hired based on ideology not skill or experience which is why you get messes like squirrel girl.

I'm a marvel fanboy but I haven't bought anything from them in years because of this nonsense, I'm not alone in this boycotts are our only option these days because you can't have a logical discussion with the alt left because you committed the unforgivable offense of being white, male straight or dark gods help you all three.

Its happened with comics, films and videogames all with disastrous results, it can happen with wargaming too unless you actively say no which you can't because they are banning people left right and centre who dare say anything on social media.

I wish I was some lone crank out in the woods but this is a real concern, going far left is death for companies look at twitter zero growth makes no money and yet they keep putting more and more fascist restriction driving people away all in the name of social justice.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Corrode posted:

His tears are delicious

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
So many nerds immediately draw comparisons to Marvel and think superhero comics only started failing when "progressive agendas" showed up in their comics and not gradually losing sales for decades.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
“Help! Help! I’m being oppressed!”

Who knew Monty Python was prophetic.

E: Oh, and levying that complaint at Marvel whilst Image are doing nothing but, and at the strongest they've ever been, gently caress me these people suck. Ugh, even in laughing at them I'm getting annoyed. :v:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Counter point, Squirrel Girl is cool and good.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Yeah that seemed like a p. weird thing to specifically call out since my understanding is that Squirrel Girl has been very successful. And according to Wiki is like 25 years old, so hardly new.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Squirrel Girl is an amazing litmus test. Because it seems that everyone who vocally hates it is also the same kind of person to have Issues With Video Games Journalism.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Shockeh posted:

“Help! Help! I’m being oppressed!”

Who knew Monty Python was prophetic.

E: Oh, and levying that complaint at Marvel whilst Image are doing nothing but, and at the strongest they've ever been, gently caress me these people suck. Ugh, even in laughing at them I'm getting annoyed. :v:

But Dennis literally was getting shaken violently by a king while being called a bloody peasant. If that doesn’t qualify, what does?

These groggy Dakka bitches? They’re just actually getting treated without the deference they think themselves due because of the color of their skin and the fact they have dicks. gently caress them.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Squirrel Girl is an amazing litmus test. Because it seems that everyone who vocally hates it is also the same kind of person to have Issues With Video Games Journalism.

Amazingly true, everyone I have encountered who disliked did indeed turn out to be an awful person.

In hitlers own diaries, he too said that an 'alt art style comic about a gag character would be poo poo an bad'

makes you think

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
So hey when Rumours appear how accurate do they tend to be? Cause I'm thinking of getting me some World Eaters but if there's gonna be new Berzerkers I don't want to go splashing cash on the ancient ice skating bunnies when I could have fancy new over-detailed bunnies.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I would definitely not buy World Eaters in their current form. If you cant wait, I would convert Blood Warriors from AoS instead. You just need weapons and backpacks from Ebay.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Disgusting Coward posted:

So hey when Rumours appear how accurate do they tend to be? Cause I'm thinking of getting me some World Eaters but if there's gonna be new Berzerkers I don't want to go splashing cash on the ancient ice skating bunnies when I could have fancy new over-detailed bunnies.

The Forgeworld conversion kit is pretty decent, though all of your models will be 15% smaller than any new Berserkers that get released.
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-WW/World-Eaters-Conversion-Set

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Use the 30k kits, they’re way better.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Uroboros posted:

Round 5
Perhaps even more lopsided than Game 1 I found myself up against a double Magnus/Mortarian list ran by one of Naramyth’s teammates.

Yeah he played that list exactly once before going and certainly didn't know about null zone. He's doing surprisingly well considering he started gaming with us less than a year ago. But I'm glad you got him, he needs to learn about screening. :v:

I also went to Dragonfall and met Ubergoon Uroboros. He is exactly like he seems on the internet. A little too loyalist, and needs to be a hipster and not run raventown. <3

I wound up a fine 3-2 with my garbage shadowsword/razors/bobby soup list. My wins were against morty and magi with a knight, a game I pulled out of my rear end with 3 models left on the table against a guard gunline, and some scrub tier slow playing black legion player game 5 after my losses.

My losses were against my teammate's trip raven/xyphon/bobby list when my shadowsword failed to kill a plane turn one (my buddy wound up winning the event) and against a 20 eversor assassin list that was freaking bananas to play against. The assassin list felt like playing battle company/pod marines in a way and am going to be practicing playing it for Renegade.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

panascope posted:

Use the 30k kits, they’re way better.

This.

You could get some MK III or MK II Despoiler squads (or Rampagers), use the chainaxes from Berserker set or from Forge World, and some of the World Eater Legion helms.

Then use them to play 30k

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Dickhead posted:

"Alt-left"
"fascist"
"social justice"
"straight white male"

All I need is a "cuck" for a bingo, ladies and gents. He posted an autobiographical video, though.

Proletariat Beowulf fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 24, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If you guys were to get a Warhound Titan, what guns would you give it?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Plasma on both arms, and overcharge them every time like a champion.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

"Being more inclusive is death for companies because some bigots may boycott them."

Checks out someone get this guy a key to the exec suite.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Double Turbolasers because it’s what mine already has.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

One Turbolaser and one Flamer.

The Flamer is fuckin' hilarious.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I always thought the vulcan mega-bolter looked fun.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DrPop posted:

This.

You could get some MK III or MK II Despoiler squads (or Rampagers), use the chainaxes from Berserker set or from Forge World, and some of the World Eater Legion helms.

Then use them to play 30k

I've never liked the silly wings on the newer world eater stuff, is there a place to get the old 2nd edition world eater skullmets?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Vulcan mega bolter is what Freddie Mercury would select.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Naramyth posted:

Yeah he played that list exactly once before going and certainly didn't know about null zone. He's doing surprisingly well considering he started gaming with us less than a year ago. But I'm glad you got him, he needs to learn about screening. :v:

I also went to Dragonfall and met Ubergoon Uroboros. He is exactly like he seems on the internet. A little too loyalist, and needs to be a hipster and not run raventown. <3

I wound up a fine 3-2 with my garbage shadowsword/razors/bobby soup list. My wins were against morty and magi with a knight, a game I pulled out of my rear end with 3 models left on the table against a guard gunline, and some scrub tier slow playing black legion player game 5 after my losses.

My losses were against my teammate's trip raven/xyphon/bobby list when my shadowsword failed to kill a plane turn one (my buddy wound up winning the event) and against a 20 eversor assassin list that was freaking bananas to play against. The assassin list felt like playing battle company/pod marines in a way and am going to be practicing playing it for Renegade.

How does someone even play 20 assassins in 3 detachments or less? That sounds both hilarious and awful to fight.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Corrode posted:

Yeah that seemed like a p. weird thing to specifically call out since my understanding is that Squirrel Girl has been very successful. And according to Wiki is like 25 years old, so hardly new.

The character is older but the current iteration is only a few years old. But also its maybe their most popular book? It's never been in danger of being canceled.

Also, comics as a medium has ALWAYS been overtly political and progressive. You had Green Lantern getting shamed for not helping black people, Captain America punching Nazis, everyone taking Very Special Episodes to talk about bullying, equality, anti-racism, and so on. If you think comics only got political a few years ago, you just weren't paying any attention at all.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Painted my first 40k figures in ages! When I saw the First Strike box I had to pick it up, and I love how the minis in it are different poses than the larger box sets. The tiny battle mat they added is neat too, it's a great little box set. Now on to the nurgle minis which hopefully won't take as long.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Booyah- posted:

Painted my first 40k figures in ages! When I saw the First Strike box I had to pick it up, and I love how the minis in it are different poses than the larger box sets. The tiny battle mat they added is neat too, it's a great little box set. Now on to the nurgle minis which hopefully won't take as long.

Those are great, blood angels are the best.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

How does someone even play 20 assassins in 3 detachments or less? That sounds both hilarious and awful to fight.

Brigade and double vanguard. It was wild. They have melta bombs to throw at planes and tanks, can do ok in combat against anything in the game, have a ton of swings/pistol shots that reroll wounds against infantry, and explode on a 4+ for d3 mortal wounds to tear down Bobby/Celestine.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Booyah- posted:

Those are great, blood angels are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Booyah- posted:

Great Blood Angels dude. Super clean.