Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Eagles badly need Peters to not be dead and to get their secondary back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

Eagles badly need Peters to not be dead and to get their secondary back.

They carted him off in an air cast.

It's bad.

Good news is we can go 3-6 down the stretch and still make the playoffs.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can Washington go through one loving primetime game without getting massacred by injuries? It's bad enough to have to listen to the talking heads suck off Wentz for three hours, but losing players is the worst.

“Sucking off Wentz” as if he doesn’t deserve every ounce of praise he’s getting right now.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ty1990 posted:

“Sucking off Wentz” as if he doesn’t deserve every ounce of praise he’s getting right now.

He doesn't

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Metapod posted:

He doesn't

Go on

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Do you not listen to him? God is the one doing all the work Wentz deserves no praise for being possessed

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Metapod posted:

Do you not listen to him? God is the one doing all the work Wentz deserves no praise for being possessed

Touché

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Heh, check this out:

I don't think the Eagles are that great.

HEH. Checkmate, dorks.:smug:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Win or lose, the Eagles always put on a good show on MNF.

They got Sean McDonough to make a good PbP call, even.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
That was a loving great win, the first quarter was pretty poor but after the O-Line got its poo poo together and Wentz settled down we dominated them.

Losing Peters is going to suck if thats really serious. Vaitai is not good but luckily we get our bye in 2 weeks.

Agholor has to be a contender for Comeback Player of the Year. Wentz is now a contender for MVP and Ertz is the best TE in the league right now.

And gooddd dammn our D-Line looks constantly fresh, our CBs are doing a stiff but serviceable job.

SEE MR KELLY, SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU POSSESS THE BALL FOR MORE THAN 5mins PER GAME.

Also 18-1 is real :getin:

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
God bless our lord and savior Carson Wentz. :woop:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Losing Peters is going to suck if thats really serious. Vaitai is not good but luckily we get our bye in 2 weeks.

yeahhhh about that

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/922789581551996928

https://twitter.com/RealDGunnNBCS/status/922688087746113536

CyberPingu posted:

Also 18-1 is real :getin:

truth

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Carson Wentz might be good you guys

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Sucks about Hicks but if it's an MCL tear for Peters there's a really good chance he'll be back at some point this season so that's good news.

If only Bowman got cut like a week later smh

Jota fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 24, 2017

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
So where does the Eagles parade start? Front St and Market?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Jota posted:

If only Bowman got cut like a week later smh

Given that Bowman went to Oakland, I don't think an NFC East team ever had a real shot at him

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ty1990 posted:

No he's really, really loving good, especially for a second year player. And I love the charity work he does. I just don't like hearing the announcers write off a team before the game ever starts, although given Washington's history on MNF I shouldn't be surprised. The Eagles as a team are looking great; solid defense, good blocking, decent receivers, etc. Would be nice if they had a better run game but that seems to be more and more difficult in today's NFL and outside of Chris Thompson Washington hasn't exactly had much luck either.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

No he's really, really loving good, especially for a second year player. And I love the charity work he does. I just don't like hearing the announcers write off a team before the game ever starts, although given Washington's history on MNF I shouldn't be surprised. The Eagles as a team are looking great; solid defense, good blocking, decent receivers, etc. Would be nice if they had a better run game but that seems to be more and more difficult in today's NFL and outside of Chris Thompson Washington hasn't exactly had much luck either.

Our run game has actually been really good, we didnt really use it that much last night but the last 5 weeks we have been averaging something like 180yds rushing per game across all our backs & Wentz

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Eagles have still only played one good team and they lost to them. They've had a pretty easy schedule so far.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They look really good but flawed. They're a playoff team

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

MrLogan posted:

Eagles have still only played one good team and they lost to them. They've had a pretty easy schedule so far.

Can only beat the teams put in front of you :shrug:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles also had a brutal schedule last season so I'll take it

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CyberPingu posted:

Our run game has actually been really good, we didnt really use it that much last night but the last 5 weeks we have been averaging something like 180yds rushing per game across all our backs & Wentz

Fair enough. I've mostly been seeing them through the lens of fantasy, where there hasn't really been a standout RB. I can see how you guys would be doing well with a committee, and I hadn't considered Wentz's contribution (mostly because after RGIII I think of relying on QB running as an easy way to murder QBs).

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fair enough. I've mostly been seeing them through the lens of fantasy, where there hasn't really been a standout RB. I can see how you guys would be doing well with a committee, and I hadn't considered Wentz's contribution (mostly because after RGIII I think of relying on QB running as an easy way to murder QBs).

Our committee has been working really well, id like to us use Blount a little bit more but hes been doing well at grinding out the clock (see the last 6mins against the Chargers).

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

MrLogan posted:

It doesn't figure to get much more difficult. The only tough games they have left on the schedule are @Seattle, @LA Rams, and games against the Raiders and Cowboys where they're liable to put up 50 points. Good problem to have, and it doesn't exactly make them a bad team--good teams don't win close games, they blow out bad teams. If I were going to take the "they aren't as good as they look" route (I think the Eagles are pretty good this year), I'd focus more on how they played very close games against the Giants, Panthers, and Chargers, and are 3-1 in one-score games so far, and that those opponents weren't particularly fearsome.

But then, the whole league doesn't look great this year so just being a good team on both sides of the ball seems like it'll be more than enough to win in the playoffs.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Can only beat the teams put in front of you :shrug:

TheChirurgeon posted:

It doesn't figure to get much more difficult. The only tough games they have left on the schedule are @Seattle, @LA Rams, and games against the Raiders and Cowboys where they're liable to put up 50 points. Good problem to have, and it doesn't exactly make them a bad team--good teams don't win close games, they blow out bad teams. If I were going to take the "they aren't as good as they look" route (I think the Eagles are pretty good this year), I'd focus more on how they played very close games against the Giants, Panthers, and Chargers, and are 3-1 in one-score games so far, and that those opponents weren't particularly fearsome.

But then, the whole league doesn't look great this year so just being a good team on both sides of the ball seems like it'll be more than enough to win in the playoffs.

I'm not saying the Eagles are bad, but they may struggle when they have to play better competition in the playoffs.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

MrLogan posted:

I'm not saying the Eagles are bad, but they may struggle when they have to play better competition in the playoffs.

I could see the Vikings and the Rams giving them a bit of a challenge, we will get to see them against the Rams in a few weeks actually (potential NFCCG preview?).

Im still not fully sold on them yet. But the difference between this year and last year is that they have been winning the 1 score games. Last year we lost 7(?) games by 1 score. We have only lost to the Chiefs this year when they were on a suuuuper hot streak and I think if we played them again now we would probably beat them.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

MrLogan posted:

Will there really be any "better competition" in the playoffs than Seattle or the Rams?

Those 2 games will probably give us the definitive answer to the Eagles ceiling.

If they split them (which is my thought) and they're both close, the Eagles should probably be looking at a close divisional round game with a possible NFCCG berth.

If they win both, they are the prohibitive favorite to come out of the NFC

If they lose both and they're close, they probably are one and done in the playoffs, maybe squeak out a win.

If they lose both and they're blown out, they are definitely paper tigers

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

Our committee has been working really well, id like to us use Blount a little bit more but hes been doing well at grinding out the clock (see the last 6mins against the Chargers).

Blount was pretty ineffective most of the night besides that one beastly run. I'd like to see them use Smallwood more against bigger fronts because he's showing great maneuverability in traffic and squeezing through tighter gaps

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Blount was pretty ineffective most of the night besides that one beastly run. I'd like to see them use Smallwood more against bigger fronts because he's showing great maneuverability in traffic and squeezing through tighter gaps

This season is really reminding me of 2003.

Wentz looks like early-career McNabb out there.
Blount is Duce Staley, the bruising power back.
Smallwood is Westbrook, the elusive tiny RB who's great as a pass blocker.
Clement is Buckhalter, the rookie who you can't quite figure out and is also hurt a lot.
Malcom Jenkins is Brian Dawkins, the awesome safety that people finally are starting to pay attention to.
Ronald Darby is Lito Sheppard/Sheldon Brown.
Jake Elliott is David Akers.

There's a lot of similarities.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

aBagorn posted:

Will there really be any "better competition" in the playoffs than Seattle or the Rams?

I like the Vikings' chances of looking like a decent team this season, but yeah, the Rams are probably it. Seattle is only fearsome @Seattle and I don't see them winning more games than the Eagles this season. That said, the Eagles' likelihood of going 15-1 is really small. The smart money is on them losing some close games and finishing closer to 12-4, but still likely the 1 seed.

The other major factor is Rodgers--this could all change if Aaron Rodgers comes back and the Packers don't lose to many games to matter, but right now that doesn't look very likely. As-is, if the Eagles beat the Rams and Seahawks, their biggest threats may be the AFC teams.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
x-posting from N/V

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/922850339140898816

This is brutal news. If it was an MCL would have been no big deal and we could have weathered his time out just fine and had him back in top form by the playoffs.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jota posted:

x-posting from N/V

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/922850339140898816

This is brutal news. If it was an MCL would have been no big deal and we could have weathered his time out just fine and had him back in top form by the playoffs.

poo poo.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I turned the game off after the opening drive when Philly got backed against their goal line and Wentz threw the pick, but that's only because I have to wake up super early for work and I'm usually asleep by 8. I was really excited when I saw the box score and that Hollins scored a TD. I hope Philly uses him more because he can burn DBs and looks really good!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

I turned the game off after the opening drive when Philly got backed against their goal line and Wentz threw the pick, but that's only because I have to wake up super early for work and I'm usually asleep by 8. I was really excited when I saw the box score and that Hollins scored a TD. I hope Philly uses him more because he can burn DBs and looks really good!

He will flash talent yet be unable to get onto the field in any meaningful way.

After his second year Belichick trades a 6th round pick for him and he replaces an injury prone Julian Edelman seamlessly

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

It was the longest thrown pass in the air in the NFL in the last 2 years.

https://twitter.com/MattHarmon_BYB/status/922673278820401152

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rip the eagles season

I'd say sit wentz and tank for a draft pick at this point

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

euphronius posted:

Rip the eagles season

I'd say sit wentz and tank for a draft pick at this point

I think you'll find that the Eagles are going to the Super Bowl friend, and at the end of the game Wentz is going to throw a ball so hard it will decapitate Tom Brady on the sidelines, thus ending the vile Patriots and their age of terror and ushering in a newer, more hopeful age of Eagle-based terror.

• Locked thread