Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

mandatory lesbian posted:

i wanna read that but i understand if you dont know where it is, wouldnt expect anyone to have a link to a dead thread

It actually might still be active on the forums - I think it was the general "shows about yelling at people in the service industry" thread. Maybe ask in there? I'm sure a lot of people remember the legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Pastry of the Year posted:

Standing offer: any PYF goon that comes to my house will get a home-cooked scotch egg, guaranteed

What a magical recipe that is.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The English pub at Epcot actually goes to the trouble of flying in brits to work as staff members.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Standing offer: any PYF goon that comes to my house will get a home-cooked scotch egg, guaranteed

I like those odds! :yum:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Guy Mann posted:

The English pub at Epcot actually goes to the trouble of flying in brits to work as staff members.

I love drinking cask lager in an authentic english pub while it's 95F and 90% humidity outside.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Guy Mann posted:

Visa application, outsanding in field evidence: bad teeth.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Spanish Manlove posted:

I love drinking cask lager in an authentic english pub while it's 95F and 90% humidity outside.

At least the beer will be authentically warm! :v:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

Similarly, I think The Old Toad in Rochester NY hires exchange students (or they did circa 2009)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

VanSandman posted:

Wait are you saying the BBC is where old women picked up young dudes?

Yes. Or it was when I was bartender 20 years ago. A whole lot of 40+ trophy wives and the like would hang out there and college age preppy guys had very good odds of snagging a Mrs Robinson to the benefit of both. No big deal just it happened to "British themed".

Rich older dudes would work on college chicks at Nola's a few miles away. Sometimes I think this was on purpose so they didnt run into each other while cruising for rear end.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LingcodKilla posted:

Yes. Or it was when I was bartender 20 years ago. A whole lot of 40+ trophy wives and the like would hang out there and college age preppy guys had very good odds of snagging a Mrs Robinson to the benefit of both. No big deal just it happened to "British themed".

Rich older dudes would work on college chicks at Nola's a few miles away. Sometimes I think this was on purpose so they didnt run into each other while cruising for rear end.

This is depressing.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Guy Mann posted:

I believe all Epcot country stores are staffed by residents of those countries. At least, they give the impression of that.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This is depressing.

You dont like having your drinks payed for all night and having remorseful sex? What are you like, older than 25? Geez man get it together.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LingcodKilla posted:

You dont like having your drinks payed for all night and having remorseful sex? What are you like, older than 25? Geez man get it together.

I don't think I would have liked the idea when I was still under 25.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Trevor Hale posted:

I believe all Epcot country stores are staffed by residents of those countries. At least, they give the impression of that.

I thought that was a joke. How on earth do you get a US work visa to work in a pub.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

TTerrible posted:

I thought that was a joke. How on earth do you get a US work visa to work in a pub.

Disney runs college programs where you go and worm there for a semester and get credits so probably something like that

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't think I would have liked the idea when I was still under 25.

This makes me sad. Pulling 45 year old tail in your early 20's is a right of passage. I had sex with a 46 year old when I was 20 and it was cool. I was younger than her son.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

TTerrible posted:

Can they be described as actors instead with additional duties?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Solice Kirsk posted:

This makes me sad. Pulling 45 year old tail in your early 20's is a right of passage. I had sex with a 46 year old when I was 20 and it was cool. I was younger than her son.

I don't mind rewarding sex with anyone, I think it's kind of depressing to have regretful sex with someone who is using you as a temporary reprieve from a loveless marriage, and moreover to have this whole system set up where this is true for both partners and yet they cannot resolve it otherwise.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't mind rewarding sex with anyone, I think it's kind of depressing to have regretful sex with someone who is using you as a temporary reprieve from a loveless marriage, and moreover to have this whole system set up where this is true for both partners and yet they cannot resolve it otherwise.

When you find a solution to this your gonna feel dumb for not finding the cure to cancer instead.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LingcodKilla posted:

When you find a solution to this your gonna feel dumb for not finding the cure to cancer instead.

There is no cure for cancer. We are the cancer. :kheldragar:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

This... but... unironically?...

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Len posted:

Disney runs college programs where you go and worm there for a semester and get credits so probably something like that

LingcodKilla posted:

Can they be described as actors instead with additional duties?

Exactly. Apparently it's a bunch of gay theater dudes and a few unsatisfied straight ladies across the board.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Len posted:

oh worm?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This... but... unironically?...

netflix and chilling is a healthy, normal part of a mature relationship

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

You too can get college credit while serving Mickey shaped ice cremes to tourists.

https://jobs.disneycareers.com/international-programs

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

lol

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

*Sits alone, staring at computer screen*

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sagebrush posted:

I come from D&D, where we have zero chill.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I come from D&D, where we have zero chill.

TTerrible posted:

There's a thing called a J1-visa that's for students/young people to get summer jobs in the US. It's more of an exchange program than actual immigration. I've known dozens of people who did it over the years and they all really enjoyed it. I'd recommend any college student from outside the US to look into it. There's a lot you can do besides some bullshit theme park job.

Tiny Brontosaurus has a new favorite as of 07:54 on Oct 23, 2017

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

the meat comes from the previous goon

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

Yle Areena and JO 4 lyfe.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cock hero flux posted:

the meat comes from the previous goon

Worth it. :shrug:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

There's a thing called a J1-visa that's for students/young people to get summer jobs in the US. It's more of an exchange program than actual immigration. I've known dozens of people who did it over the years and they all really enjoyed it. I'd recommend any college student from outside the US to look into it. There's a lot you can do besides some bullshit theme park job.

I met a couple of Slovak engineering students that I think had that visa. They were cleaning hotel rooms at a Motel 6 in a small town in Utah 3 weeks a month for the summer and travelling North America in their time off. Even with travelling around the US and Canada they were still going home with more money in their pockets than if they had worked full time in Slovakia or the Czech Republic.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Dillbag posted:

I met a couple of Slovak engineering students that I think had that visa. They were cleaning hotel rooms at a Motel 6 in a small town in Utah 3 weeks a month for the summer and travelling North America in their time off. Even with travelling around the US and Canada they were still going home with more money in their pockets than if they had worked full time in Slovakia or the Czech Republic.

As long as it's marginally better than where they're from, it's not exploitative! Right?!

No one is learning poo poo from working at a motel 6 or Busch Gardens. On that note, there was a great thread 6+ years ago about the exploitation of j1s at busch gardens. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Every summer in Chicago, we get a ton of Irish kids on this visa. Both genders pretty much get to pour pints and pull down massive amounts of tail all summer long along all the bar crawling strips in the city.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Grassy Knowles posted:

As long as it's marginally better than where they're from, it's not exploitative! Right?!

No one is learning poo poo from working at a motel 6 or Busch Gardens. On that note, there was a great thread 6+ years ago about the exploitation of j1s at busch gardens. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

It's not an educational visa, dummy, it's a program to foster international camaraderie by sponsoring lucrative drinking holidays. If you can't see the upside in spending a few months working a highly-paid poo poo job with your buddies then maybe you should have tried using your twenties to travel somewhere other than Azeroth.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Grassy Knowles posted:

I was just in Hungary and the hotel maid was a British lady. It doesn't matter where you go, cleaning jobs are for foreigners.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

maybe you should have tried using your twenties to travel somewhere other than Azeroth.

Holy poo poo :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

It's not an educational visa, dummy, it's a program to foster international camaraderie by sponsoring lucrative drinking holidays. If you can't see the upside in spending a few months working a highly-paid poo poo job with your buddies then maybe you should have tried using your twenties to travel somewhere other than Azeroth.

:golfclap: