Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I am become DJ Dizzy, destroyer of teams. :smith:

I played against the Lovely Joe Stalin tonight and, well, things didn't go well for him. I got tons of injuries on him and practically wiped his goats off of the field. However, almost all of the injuries were nothing more than Badly Hurt so his team isn't too banged up. I think one might have to lose a game? In return, I had no lasting injuries and kept a pretty consistent presence on the field. My ranked up berserker almost died, but my apothecary fixed him. That would have been spectacularly bad as he was 1 spp from ranking up again which he managed to get in the final turn.

Level-ups:
My AG4 Runner ranked up to 3 and got dodge
The same lineman managed to get MVP again this game and got Tackle as a result. If he'd rolled a double he'd have gotten guard, but it wasn't to be.
My Mighty Blow berserker also leveled up and managed to roll a 10. I've got access to doubles skills and +1MA or +1AV. I'm not sure what to go with. I've got so many options.

I also rolled a one for my winnings which re-rolled into another one. I've never been sure if that works or not. I'm still at 12 players so if I can maintain that I'm going to save up for a yhetee. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah, no reflection on Safety Factor, who is a gent, but that was not a great experience. After a promising start, idiotic mistakes on my part threw away my only chance at scoring, and the game, in the first half. Then I spent the entire second half with five players. The guy who misses a match was a Journeyman so that's something.

I think that choosing Chaos for my first league with actual people was a seriously bad choice. Between my stupid mistakes and Nuffle being Nuffle, it feels like my team are pretty much hosed. I'm barely generating SPP, and rolling poorly for cash. I don't have the experience to know for sure, but at the moment it looks like that's just going to get worse as the league progresses. I've bought an apothecary because if I lose a Warrior I'm pretty much done, but more re-rolls or a Minotaur aren't even on the horizon.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I think that choosing Chaos for my first league with actual people was a seriously bad choice. Between my stupid mistakes and Nuffle being Nuffle, it feels like my team are pretty much hosed. I'm barely generating SPP, and rolling poorly for cash. I don't have the experience to know for sure, but at the moment it looks like that's just going to get worse as the league progresses. I've bought an apothecary because if I lose a Warrior I'm pretty much done, but more re-rolls or a Minotaur aren't even on the horizon.

This roughly the position my Vampires are in, so you are pretty on track for what to expect for early Chaos. One of problems I have had is scoring, winning games is ace but getting that first skill after two touchdowns is ace. Once you get that first skill on your Warriors things will start to build faster though.

As a Vampires coach I wouldn't dream of using an apothecary on a Thrall, so I assume you should do the same. Unless you happen to generate a Mugors style hyper goat, in which case he would already be a league legend. As long as your Warriors stay healthy you are just building up for next season!

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Norse are quite solid in the early stages of a league. Usually that balances out over time.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Yup, your AV7 is going to be your downfall in the long run. That one almost death is going to be two or more some day and then you'll struggle to maintain your roster and your stars.

With that in mind I'd be tempted to take the +AV on your berserker, as he's meant to be hitting stuff rather than running or dodging. I can't think of a good double skill for him and with Mighty Blow any opponent will want to kill him if they can.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I think that choosing Chaos for my first league with actual people was a seriously bad choice.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

This roughly the position my Vampires are in, so you are pretty on track for what to expect for early Chaos.

Chaos and Vampires are both "difficult" teams to play, although this eventually corrects itself in a long league. This is one of the things LRB did right, and BB2 hasn't really helped with.

ineptmule posted:

With that in mind I'd be tempted to take the +AV on your berserker, as he's meant to be hitting stuff rather than running or dodging. I can't think of a good double skill for him and with Mighty Blow any opponent will want to kill him if they can.

Double on something hitty is easy. Jump Up. And then Piling On :D

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
They don't allow Piling On in my league. I can see how those two skills would be a great combo though.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, jump up, pile on and loner shenanigans in previous leagues are exactly why those three aren't allowed in our current one.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Unless you happen to generate a Mugors style hyper goat, in which case he would already be a league legend.

I'm just going to say how happy I am that he will live on as a memory after the old league was abandoned.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ineptmule posted:

Yup, your AV7 is going to be your downfall in the long run. That one almost death is going to be two or more some day and then you'll struggle to maintain your roster and your stars.

Oh, I'm aware how big a liability AV7 is. See my game against DJ Dizzy where my dice failed completely and I was down to one player on the field by the end of the game. :v: I usually play Lizardmen so I'm pretty used to being able to just park my heavy hitters wherever and never worrying about them unless there's claws involved. Norse take some getting used to, but they're fun as hell.

I'm pretty tempted to take the +AV too, but a double also gives him dodge access and, well, blodge is a Thing. I'll likely go for the AV.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

ineptmule posted:

They don't allow Piling On in my league. I can see how those two skills would be a great combo though.

Even without Piling On, Jump Up is a pro tier skill - blocking from the ground or full movement from prone is amazing for a heavy hitter that your opponent is trying to remove from the pitch. I've used it for surprise touchdowns out of nowhere too, when my last action in turn 15 has been GFI twice with an Orc Blitzer
with Jump Up. Falls over? Even better, my opponent thinks I can't score now.

High movement, Jump Up and Wrestle is also a great combo for sacking or slowing down a cage.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, jump up, pile on and loner shenanigans in previous leagues are exactly why those three aren't allowed in our current one.

Jump Up and Pile On I understand but what's the deal with sooner?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Blood Bowl is A Good and Fun Game for all parties involved.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I enjoyed it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So is anyone else outraged that GW/Cyanide hasn't made an official Star Player yet for Sett Cavre?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just played the wonderful ijyt in a game of Blood Bowl. My dice once again decided to hate me and I was completely ineffectual in the first half. Meanwhile, ijyt couldn't fail a roll so things didn't go so well for me. :v:

It should have been a 2-1 game, but ijyt pulled off a bullshit long bomb in the 8th turn and I got really lucky on turn 16. We had rain for most of the second half and one of his gutter runners failed to pick up the ball twice in a row; he was out of re-rolls by then. I was able to just dash my runner in there, pick it up and run it in with a couple of GFIs and a single dodge.

I only broke one rat the whole game and he was merely badly injured. I feel like a failure. :negative:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Safety Factor posted:

Just played the wonderful ijyt in a game of Blood Bowl. My dice once again decided to hate me and I was completely ineffectual in the first half. Meanwhile, ijyt couldn't fail a roll so things didn't go so well for me. :v:

Our FLGS BBL league restarted, with 16 competent players in the High and 8 losers (including yours truly) in the Low league. I played the first match of the league - the entire league - and got to play against lizard men. Two players got surfed (including a 65 injury roll followed by a 65 apothecary reroll, costing me a mighty blow blitzer) and the team got wrecked six ways till Sunday. Goblin flew twice and botched landing both times. I once rolled 3 dice against a skink and got two skulls and a push. The dice hated me that game and I lost.

I feel like Lizardmen would have been the preferred team for me had they been released at the start. You only have three player classes with very distinct roles and most of the team are going to be these awesome shitkickers.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Just finished my game against DJ Dizzy. He's leading the league and I was dreading it. The first half started as I'd expected with him scoring an easy touchdown and knocking out three of my guys. Through a mixture of very good luck and a glimmer of a plan I was able to break out a lone goat and score an equaliser to finish the game 1-1. A surprisingly fun game, even if I was on the back foot for most of it.

The TV disparity between our teams was so hilarious I was able to rent a Minotaur and he made a huge difference. I felt like I had at least some answer to the Dizzy's strong players, leaving the simple lack of block as my main arse ache. Compared to playing Norse and feeling like I had no way to influence the game at all, that's a big improvement.
I managed to roll a six for winnings, which mitigates my previous rolls of one somewhat. I should be able to buy a Minotaur of my own after my next game. If I don't lose a warrior.

And #1 Kissboy picked up Block, making for three players with it now. Which was nice.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/184309671

On the other end of a TV disparity my game with B3AR FORC3 ON3 against Brokenrecordtalk's orcs led to him being able to rent one of his star players, some big mean sonovabitch named ghoulchewer.
I got a little mad when I realized I hosed up my development on my blitzer when I originally wanted to take wrestle because of the prevalence of block in our league and still took block on autopilot.
Still, with that game I'm able to purchase my second blitzer and can now focus on replacing my broken linemen and deepen my roster.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Safety Factor posted:

I only broke one rat the whole game and he was merely badly injured. I feel like a failure. :negative:

My last game I only inflicted one CAS on the other team.

Against Goblins.

And it was because the Goblin broke their own armour on my face when a Troll threw it at a Wight.

Still, 2-0 and I now can't be stopped from reaching the play-offs :v

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Do you BB2 guys play PC or console? How can I get in on the next league?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ineptmule posted:

Do you BB2 guys play PC or console? How can I get in on the next league?

We all are playing on PC. We still have five more weeks and then a final so the next league will probably be starting early next year.

We will keep you informed about joining.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Sounds good. I've just been knocked out of my club's TT league and the pubbie leagues on BB2 look atrocious.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Necromunda FB page just stuck up some example schemes for Eschers:

Starting to wonder if those are new sculpted bases, don't look like either of the two sets GW puts out atm.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Those are pretty sweet

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

SteelMentor posted:

Starting to wonder if those are new sculpted bases, don't look like either of the two sets GW puts out atm.

They almost certainly are, no 25mm Mechanicus sector bases are currently sold.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

SteelMentor posted:

Necromunda FB page just stuck up some example schemes for Eschers:

Ugh. These models are ugly as gently caress. They're just lumpy and weirdly proportioned and gross. I don't get the hype at all, but then again I don't really have Necromunda-nostalgia. Aside from briefly acquiring some Cawdor dudes, I didn't really buy into it big-time during its first go-round.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
I like the aesthetic. They managed to make them look buff while still being recognizably female and showing skin without sexing it up at all.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Sorry the radiation poisoned, steroid-fed kickass ladies aren't femme enough.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They all seem to buy their boots from the same place.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ilor posted:

Ugh. These models are ugly as gently caress. They're just lumpy and weirdly proportioned and gross. I don't get the hype at all, but then again I don't really have Necromunda-nostalgia. Aside from briefly acquiring some Cawdor dudes, I didn't really buy into it big-time during its first go-round.

Do you play Infinity?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Why do they look like relatively real women? :females: Gross. Gimme more cheesecake sculpts.

On a serious note, these look great, and I'm definitely picking some up.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ilor posted:

Ugh. These models are ugly as gently caress. They're just lumpy and weirdly proportioned and gross.

:qqsay:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 24, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I like the facepaint on the top right one.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Broken Record Talk posted:

Why do they look like relatively real women?
No, that's the problem, they don't look like real women. They have weird potato-faces, their feet are colossally wide, and their leg-to-torso ratio is way off. The poses are also just kind of unnatural-looking. It's like someone described what a human woman looks like to a sculptor who's never actually seen one.

They have kinda cool hair, though, I'll give them that. :shrug:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Probably the only one that I think looks okay. The rest are kinda garbage for the reasons already stated.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They're supposed to look like Ronda Rousey full of combat stims cosplaying Borderlands. They seem pretty ok in that regard?

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Ilor posted:

No, that's the problem, they don't look like real women. They have weird potato-faces, their feet are colossally wide, and their leg-to-torso ratio is way off. The poses are also just kind of unnatural-looking. It's like someone described what a human woman looks like to a sculptor who's never actually seen one.

They have kinda cool hair, though, I'll give them that. :shrug:

It's almost like they're first and foremost warriors and their sculpt is not tailored for your fetish desires :eyepop:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Thread is now about posting realistic body proportions in wargaming.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Hamshot posted:

It's almost like they're first and foremost warriors and their sculpt is not tailored for your fetish desires :eyepop:

It's not an objectification thing, I don't think. I kinda agree with Ilor in that the proportions seem a bit off for "human," not just for "female." Besides, you're defending a group of models wearing combat heels. ;p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005