Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Huzanko posted:

Because there's a lot of dupes in the world who look at something like this and don't realize it's just another calculated political move.

yeah it'll do wonders for his reelection chances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I remember that it was the specific crime of perjury that was hung on AND I remember that not being successful and failing to remove the president with the attempt.

The "the Clinton impeachment didn't work!" take is as wrong as it is ubiquitous. It effectively ended his second term and helped kneecap Al Gore's campaign. That poo poo worked perfectly. "Not being successful" would have been convicting Clinton and having Gore run as an incumbent.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

why does everyone in the thread feel that the most important thing is reminding everyone that Republicans are still bad when they go against Trump

we all already know that, focus on the part that's interesting about the situation

Talk is cheap.

Wake me up when their committee issues subpoenas to the White House over any of the couple dozen of scandals that deserve them.

Xae fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 24, 2017

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

PhazonLink posted:

Is it "Condiv" that means irrational panicking? I feel like GOPes not running again means a crazier can take the seat and not a non regressive or Dem.

You're thinking of Covok (who I think has actually changed his outlook recently). Condiv is the "dems are a waste" goon.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh here's Mark Meadows to raise my blood pressure.

meadows is a poo poo but he did america a solid by stealing a congressional seat that was being held for a much more odious ghoul

e: wait i'm thinking of mark walker. whatever those white guys are all the same person

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 24, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

The Muppets On PCP posted:

got a hunch mccain isn't too concerned with having to run for re-election

mccain is speaking now following flake you dumbbutt

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Today is a very good day.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah, i was wondering if he would stand in solidarity with his fellow state senator, but nope.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

aware of dog posted:

You're thinking of Covok (who I think has actually changed his outlook recently). Condiv is the "dems are a waste" goon.

Oh poo poo then i better fix my ignore list (maybe? ).

Also my two cents to food chat.

Chocolate cream pie is the best.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

McCain said nothing. He still sucks

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
"Senator speaks out against his president in a basically unprecedented fashion"

ho hum, nothing to see here, how droll

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
There will be a press briefing shortly if anyone cares.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

cue the five more pages of people not knowing that is a joke twitter and taking this post very serious.

Thanks for giving the game away to Willo, rear end in a top hat :argh:

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

PhazonLink posted:

Oh poo poo then i better fix my ignore list (maybe? ).

Also my two cents to food chat.

Chocolate cream pie is the best.

Pie involves fruit. Anything else is oversweetened pablum fit only for the degenerate masses.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

theflyingorc posted:

Everything about this administration is unprecedented. Until actions are actually taken, talk is quite frankly meaningless.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

ought ten posted:

McCain said nothing. He still sucks

yes but the guy i was replying to thought the other guy was asking if mccain was going to announce he was retiring

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Today is a very good day.

It fell short of Joseph Welch speaking to McCarthy but it was still pretty good and should trigger a shitstorm. We need Trump to be enrobed by a 24 hour a day cloud of his own poop until he crawls, gasping across the threshold of the White House front door croaking "No... more... no... more!"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Your Taint posted:

There will be a press briefing shortly if anyone cares.

Wonder how many letters from eight year olds shucks has saved up.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

FizFashizzle posted:

Wonder how many letters from eight year olds shucks has saved up.

"It's my son's birthday....again"

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Xae posted:

Talk is cheap.

Wake me up when their committee issues subpoenas to the White House over any of the couple dozen of scandals that deserve them.

well this is not a fantasy land so be happy that discord is being sown amongst them instead of them marching in lockstep to gently caress us all over

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bottom Liner posted:

lol if you think mr build the danged fence has any real convictions

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

BootStrap posted:

Pie involves fruit. Anything else is oversweetened pablum fit only for the degenerate masses.

Pie comes from magpie , as in the bird that would steal/put whatever it could into it's nest/pile of stuff.

You can put whatever you want as long as there's a dough base/container. Also your wrong definition would exclude meat based pocket pies.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
All pies are delicious, y'all.

Except I bet Trump only eats the gross supermarket kind consisting solely of canned filling and trans fatty acids

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!
Chinese comic on American politics.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How far down the line of succession would you have to go to find someone with a positive approval rating?

Pretty sure Mattis is the firewall.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lol those tweets make Flake look like a great guy!

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Everything about this administration is unprecedented. Until actions are actually taken, talk is quite frankly meaningless.
You need to build critical mass for drastic action so just speaking out publicly is a huge step forward.

E:

TheScott2K posted:

No labels. They're good.
Well now I can't tell if that is supposed to be Trump because it's in black and white.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

I applaud good actions even if they're from terrible people, because goddamn we really need some good actions from people with influence. I won't applaud the shitbag, but I will applaud the action.

"Reckless, outrageous, and undignified behavior has become excused and countenanced as "telling it like it is," when it is actually just reckless, outrageous, and undignified."

His cousin, Gordon Flake, is a really cool guy, though.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Dejawesp posted:

Chinese comic on American politics.

No labels. They're good.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

theflyingorc posted:

It's a good start but we need to see House members breaking if anything is going to happen.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Crow Jane posted:

Except I bet Trump only eats the gross supermarket kind consisting solely of canned filling and trans fatty acids

So are you saying all pies matter?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Even if it's only until 2019 when the next congress is sworn in I believe 3 senators ability to flip the balance of power in the senate to at least neutral until something gets done is pretty significant unless they all just shrivel up before Trump like everyone else for whatever reason seems to. On the same token there's no reason they should with nothing to lose.

The only thing reallt saving the country atm is the razor thin republican majority in the senate. I can't even imagine what things look like in the scenario they got even 55

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Lol those tweets make Flake look like a great guy!

You need to build critical mass for drastic action so just speaking out publicly is a huge step forward.

if corker's feud did not embolden flake to act i would be surprised as gently caress

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

Crow Jane posted:

No, you know he eats those lovely Mrs. Smith's frozen pies.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

No labels. They're good.

ben garrison is scratching his head trying to understand

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
That was a good speech and I can't hate on something where a guy condemns his own complicity in what's going on. It may not be anywhere near as valuable as actually doing something, but it's still a pretty big deal.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

mobby_6kl posted:

You're right, but we'll see. I mean, I understand what you're saying and can see the reasoning in it, but I still feel that no amount of outrage will matter until the midterms. Unless there are GOP seats directly on the line, any sort of hope for meaningful change relies in the Republicans acting on conscience and in favor of the Republic at the expense of their own personal power. I think you can see the problem in that.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

Who was that senator or congressman that said he like to buy sheet cakes and just eat it all by himself?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

BootStrap posted:

No, you know he eats those lovely Mrs. Smith's frozen pies.

I thought I remembered reading that he likes fast/processed foods because there's less likelihood of food-borne illness (along with all the unhealthiness).

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It's a good start but we need to see House members breaking if anything is going to happen.

effectively losing one of the portions of congress is a huge blow to their ability to pass legislation, and a lack of action in 2018 will severely hinder the gop in the election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

PhazonLink posted:

Who was that senator or congressman that said he like to buy sheet cakes and just eat it all by himself?

It's me

• Locked thread