Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I'm using Open Cities and it works great. Glad that the past history of Gategate is gone and Arthmoor is less up his own rear end these days.

I'm also using Morrowloot Ultimate and I like the idea of it but enemies are constantly kicking my rear end. The Jarl of Whiterun asked me to clear out some bandits and I walked in and got completely trounced at level 10. This is a dungeon right next to the starting area so it's a bit perplexing why it's so difficult.

And the first plot-related dungeon where you have to get a dragonstone was a complete slog. I dunno if I'm just bad at the game or if Morrowloot Ultimate is making the game a lot harder. I thought it just changed the loot of the enemies, not their actual level/difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

axeil posted:

I'm using Open Cities and it works great. Glad that the past history of Gategate is gone and Arthmoor is less up his own rear end these days.

Are you sure? They're still there for me in SE, but they only load after I've entered and exited a building in the town.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

kedo posted:

Are you sure? They're still there for me in SE, but they only load after I've entered and exited a building in the town.

You can disable gates in the MCM.

I think I'm going to eat my words on the photorealistic ENB. Yes, daylight is extremely pretty, but I cannot find a set of settings that looks good at night. Individually tinkering with the nighttime gamma settings and what not works fine for one weather, but not for the rest. I think I'm just going to experiment with EFLX and NAT vs other weather mods and see what works best. It'd probably save me fps as well.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 20, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Wyrmstooth is back. On archive.org, of all things.
https://archive.org/details/Wyrmstooth1.17A

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

kedo posted:

They're enabled by default because :arthmoor: but you can easily disable them in the MCM if you're using SkyUI (which you should be)

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Cat Mattress posted:

Wyrmstooth is back. On archive.org, of all things.
https://archive.org/details/Wyrmstooth1.17A

It's forgettable.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

You're forgettable. :colbert:

Wyrmstooth is one of the better DLC-sized mods.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of that, what good DLC-size mods are there, actually? Stuff with quests to do and stories to tell, but that aren't cringe festivals. Besides Trainwiz's stuff I mean.

Things I'm looking at:
- Bruma
- Ravengate
- The Forgotten City
- Gray Cowl of Nocturnal
- Cult of Agnar
- Vigilant Voiced
- Sulfur and Fire

Also since I'm planning a mage run:
- Spectraverse
- Aetherius

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I really liked the quest series for Clockwork, a house mod. I have forgotten city installed but havent done it yet. Moon and Star was okay, if having a rather sudden end.

Edit: you should grab the SSE conversion of Dwemertech too, it's pretty sweet.

Edit x2: LOL at the typo right in the goddamn description of Aetherius "EPIC SELL PACKAGE".

SELL SELL SELL!

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I enjoyed Forgotten City, but how good I found the VAs was entirely relative to how decent their recording set-up was.

I've downloaded Dragons Keep and I love it. I've already stocked it with a bunch of urchins plucked from the unforgiving streets (except Aventus - I'm assuming the window to adopt him was before he ended up in Riften and lost all his interaction abilities). The only thing that bugs me is the constant dragon noises when you're outside, but that's pretty bearable - sometimes a big one will land on your house and chill.

Just wish my followers would go indoors instead of loving around in the courtyard :v: Granted I'm messing with followers and having non-standard ones like Ondolemar, so it's probably to do with AFT and it's not a deal-breaker.

edit: Yep, I just need to tell them to move into the actual follower quarters and not the general court area.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Oct 27, 2017

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Did the Special Edition change how followers work?

I've noticed a few times I've gone into caves/dungeons/houses/etc. and Lydia won't follow me. Is there a mod to force your follower to always follow you into a new area? I'm sick of babysitting her.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

axeil posted:

Did the Special Edition change how followers work?

I've noticed a few times I've gone into caves/dungeons/houses/etc. and Lydia won't follow me. Is there a mod to force your follower to always follow you into a new area? I'm sick of babysitting her.

Amazing follower tweaks works great for me.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

axeil posted:

I'm also using Morrowloot Ultimate and I like the idea of it but enemies are constantly kicking my rear end. The Jarl of Whiterun asked me to clear out some bandits and I walked in and got completely trounced at level 10. This is a dungeon right next to the starting area so it's a bit perplexing why it's so difficult.

And the first plot-related dungeon where you have to get a dragonstone was a complete slog. I dunno if I'm just bad at the game or if Morrowloot Ultimate is making the game a lot harder. I thought it just changed the loot of the enemies, not their actual level/difficulty.

MLU includes a version of Static PermaZONES by default these days, so the level scaling of enemies is changed significantly.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
I’m using NMM with SSE, is there a particular reason why loading LOOT through NMM isn’t actually sorting my mod order? Doing it by hand is going to give me carpal tunnel

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
^^^ Don't load it through NMM. It isn't necessary. Close NMM, then run Loot independently - what's probably happening is Loot is doing it's business, but NMM is still 'managing' load order. What you're probably seeing, though, is NMM not updating the load order. If you ran loot, then closed NMM and relaunched it would probably update to what Loot sorted. Either way - close NMM when launching Loot, so don't bother launching it through NMM.

Cat Mattress posted:

Speaking of that, what good DLC-size mods are there, actually? Stuff with quests to do and stories to tell, but that aren't cringe festivals. Besides Trainwiz's stuff I mean.

Things I'm looking at:
- Bruma
- Ravengate
- The Forgotten City
- Gray Cowl of Nocturnal
- Cult of Agnar
- Vigilant Voiced
- Sulfur and Fire

- Spectraverse
- Aetherius

Spectraverse is kind of weak. It seems better than Enai's other magic quest mod, Dwemertech, but only just. As 'just' a magic mod some of the spells are pretty good, but I'd say you're just as well better of taking a pass since most are pretty well tied to the quest progression, where the quest isn't anything to write home about.

Kiggles fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 23, 2017

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kiggles posted:

Spectraverse is kind of weak. It seems better than Enai's other magic quest mod, Dwemertech, but only just. As 'just' a magic mod some of the spells are pretty good, but I'd say you're just as well better of taking a pass since most are pretty well tied to the quest progression, where the quest isn't anything to write home about.

Look at this, it's the most incorrect opinion I've seen in this thread, including the advice to "just use NMM."

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Does anyone know if the Human Spirit trait for imperials can be reset in Imperious Races? I was running a paladin type character but it's not really panning out how I want so I want to respec and put more perks into enchanting, restoration and possibly one handed rather than two, but I didn't think when I assigned my trait and took 50 points out of Magicka for 100 in stamina rather than just 50 extra in stamina.

Also, with Ortinator, how badly does the "perks at 50/75/100 skill points" break the game?

Edit: Since I'm going to respec anyway, do people prefer heavy or light armor? The heavy armor tree seems better, but light armor seems more interesting with the dodging aspects of it.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 24, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

Look at this, it's the most incorrect opinion I've seen in this thread, including the advice to "just use NMM."

NMM doesn't cause me problems. :ohdear:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

CascadeBeta posted:

Also, with Ortinator, how badly does the "perks at 50/75/100 skill points" break the game?

Edit: Since I'm going to respec anyway, do people prefer heavy or light armor? The heavy armor tree seems better, but light armor seems more interesting with the dodging aspects of it.

The perks are good, but I don't think they're game-breakingly so.

I usually play light armour, just for the versatility. Better move speed and stealth mostly, but I'm a smithing addict so I don't feel the armour class drop as much.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

Actually, no, it’s not. I’m playing through the quest right now, and while the dungeons are pretty good outside of a couple annoyances, the story is leaving a hell of a lot to be desired. It often feels like the dialog is just spouting random nonsense that you have to piece together after the fact in the journal, you repeatedly have to backtrack back and forth between Winterhold and Solitude early on, the voice quality on the dark elf priest you meet up with is amateurish at best compared to the main two “gods” (his dialogue is also where the random nonsense bullshit crops up the most; it frequently feels like I’ve skipped over plot important dialog talking to him that I have to piece together from the journal). Like, there is some cool stuff to see in Spectreverse, but I don’t see it taking up any sort of residence in my future load orders. Enai has the right to feel ashamed about this.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

*Muffled STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM in the distance*

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

NuclearPotato posted:

Actually, no, it’s not. I’m playing through the quest right now, and while the dungeons are pretty good outside of a couple annoyances, the story is leaving a hell of a lot to be desired. It often feels like the dialog is just spouting random nonsense that you have to piece together after the fact in the journal, you repeatedly have to backtrack back and forth between Winterhold and Solitude early on, the voice quality on the dark elf priest you meet up with is amateurish at best compared to the main two “gods” (his dialogue is also where the random nonsense bullshit crops up the most; it frequently feels like I’ve skipped over plot important dialog talking to him that I have to piece together from the journal). Like, there is some cool stuff to see in Spectreverse, but I don’t see it taking up any sort of residence in my future load orders. Enai has the right to feel ashamed about this.

Two Magna-Ge. One light, one dark. Which do you want to team up with. What other story do you need.

I like Spectraverse for the spell variety and design, and the (very skimpy) amount of story was just a bonus. If there's one flaw in the spell design, it's one shared with Apocalypse: Too many spells that can only be used outside.

I think the biggest design flaw with Spectraverse is that Enai didn't account for people wanting to do the whole quest right goddamn now - he designed it to be done gradually and piecemeal as you were doing other things and your Destruction skill gradually rose, cumulating in a battle with the Magna-Ge you spurned.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

*Muffled STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM in the distance*

Why is anyone spending effort to remake the most bland and generic video game/video game landscape that was ever slightly popular.

If you're gonna remake Cyrodil at least make it not a copy paste job jfc

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Isn't that the heightmap included in the base files?

Also just getting back into Skyrim modding, glad to see I was wrong about SKSE64. The Creation Club is a bit weirder, though, I have mixed feelings on it. Survival is really cool, since the Creation Club allows for a bunch of new changes that weren't possible via the actual Creation Club SDK, it feels a bit smoother than iNeed/Frostfall so far for me.

Also I'm going to look at contributing to Mod Organizer 2 development now that I have a bunch more free time and a better job situation. My two goals are to help get it stabilized with Skyrim SE, and also add Morrowind support. Just finished setting up my dev environment, so hope it goes well.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cat Mattress posted:

Things I'm looking at:
- Bruma
- Ravengate
- The Forgotten City
- Gray Cowl of Nocturnal
- Cult of Agnar
- Vigilant Voiced
- Sulfur and Fire

- Spectraverse
- Aetherius

Enderal is fantastic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

sebmojo posted:

Enderal is fantastic.

Yeah, but it's not something you can plug into a Skyrim game. It's a different game made with the Skyrim engine.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
So, is there any way to make SKSE 64 work with Mod Organizer 2at the moment? Am i missing something?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Gyshall posted:

Isn't that the heightmap included in the base files?

Yep, you can't reach the city.

Bruma question: What's up with that locked manor with a single guard posted outside (who I happened to kill in self-defense)?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Frionnel posted:

So, is there any way to make SKSE 64 work with Mod Organizer 2at the moment? Am i missing something?

With the current release on the :nexus:, it is hit or miss. There was a version posted a few days ago by some dude on the MO project that worked with SKSE64 and ESL files, but it was seriously janky.

Betas (read: Alphas) are posted on the MO discord testers channel - here is one from today - https://mega.nz/#!Udo1EDpR!zuaa8qE2nwmYJyXzdEoXQr1h6m-cakfCJ2C57aLF4Fw

YMMV, though. It is generally unstable at the moment.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Has anyone used Khajiit Speak? If so, is it worth using for a Khajiit playthrough?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CascadeBeta posted:

Has anyone used Khajiit Speak? If so, is it worth using for a Khajiit playthrough?

It's pretty good. The Khajiitisms (I think that's the right word) are well written enough to not feel forced. Probably best for a sneaky type of character.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Gyshall posted:

With the current release on the :nexus:, it is hit or miss. There was a version posted a few days ago by some dude on the MO project that worked with SKSE64 and ESL files, but it was seriously janky.

Betas (read: Alphas) are posted on the MO discord testers channel - here is one from today - https://mega.nz/#!Udo1EDpR!zuaa8qE2nwmYJyXzdEoXQr1h6m-cakfCJ2C57aLF4Fw

YMMV, though. It is generally unstable at the moment.

Yeah i couldn't get MO to recognize SKSE 64 when i tried yesterday, so i guess i'll go with the path of least resistance and mod Oldrim.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

It's pretty good. The Khajiitisms (I think that's the right word) are well written enough to not feel forced. Probably best for a sneaky type of character.

Perfect. Playing a heavy armor goodie two shoes character super limits the fun you can have in Skyrim. Time to steal everything not nailed down, crank ragdoll force to high and try to unicorn as many people as possible with arrows.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CascadeBeta posted:

Perfect. Playing a heavy armor goodie two shoes character super limits the fun you can have in Skyrim. Time to steal everything not nailed down, crank ragdoll force to high and try to unicorn as many people as possible with arrows.

The proper way to play Skyrim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEOximWoFd0

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004
Any recommendations for a mod that expands the werewolf tree that would match well with ordinator and enaisiaion mods to combat and the vampire tree?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Pikey posted:

Any recommendations for a mod that expands the werewolf tree that would match well with ordinator and enaisiaion mods to combat and the vampire tree?

I believe THE werewolf mod is Moonlit Tales? Massive werewolf customization and an expanded perk tree. I liked it well enough.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
What are the best SSE mods for the Civil War? I've never actually done the quests and I hear they're super-disappointing in vanilla. I'm considering:

Warzones - Civil Unrest for SSE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2360/
Open Civil War SSE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11076/
Populated Skyrim Civil War SE Edition: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5288/
Civil War Aftermath SE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3484/

But I'm concerned about compatibility and how much of a drudge the quest would be.

-Warzones seems neat but I'm worried it might tank performance
-Open Civil War makes it seem like you're playing Risk instead of actually fighting, but maybe I'm not understanding it correctly.
-Populated Skyrim Civil War just seems like it adds patrols, which I'm already getting from Immersive Patrols SE
-Civil War Aftermath SE seems like its all about destroying settlements of the faction you're not in during/after the war. Does it break anything in-game if you destroy enemy camps?

Any advice? Has anyone tried any of these? Or should I just do the vanilla one?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm using Warzones - Civil Unrest, and there can be a huge performance hit. I'm running a high quality ENB with MFAA forced on at 50fps average in outdoors. One battle I came across along the way to Ivarsted tanked my fps to the 30s and 20s. It was loving crazy though: a three way melee between about 8 stormcloaks, 8 imperials, and 10 bandit mage. Absolutely nuts to get involved in. It definitely makes the war feel more alive.

That being said, avoid the Assault addon unless you really like dying randomly to catapults/landmines/suicide fanatics.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Is there a good mod that adds more ambient NPCs to towns? I'm a bit wary of the mods by the 'Sands of Time' team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

They weren't originally by that team, they just revived them. The populated series is decent.