Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

You're a dipshit. Criticize women/minority political leaders all you want, but check your loving privilege before doing so, cuz ya might be full of poo poo.

ugh how do you expect him to criticize dems if he can't be racist and sexist???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

white sauce posted:

What privilege do you think I have??

It was a general statement, not specific to forums poster "white sauce".

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Ze Pollack posted:

not supporting the candidacy of a slaveholder who justified said slavery with "it's okay, they're a lesser class of human being than me": clear evidence of sexism

not supporting gloria la riva: clear evidence of Rational Centrist Thinking, Bereft Of Sexism

this road you have started down leads some interesting places, Democrazy

Woah, that's a heckuva deflection. Are you so loathe to defend PSL?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

white sauce posted:

Yea there's no way this lovely bill could be used in a bad way if it was made into law

And another thing on this loving vein that you can't seem to stop loving sucking on, this stupid bill was an attack angle Trump made on Hillary during the campaign to justify his own support of a bill that's purpose was SPECIFICALLY to punish freedom of expression.

So this whole time we've been railing on posters for piggy-backing right-wing-media talking points? Turns out you just kept repeating one until someone loving caught you doing it. So I mean :bravo:

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Tiberius Christ posted:

yes you racist sexist

too bad people are blind to classism things might actually improve in this country

No one's blind to it, it's the usual bad faith bullshit to drag down into the mud any discussions of terrible people in the Democratic establishment like Pelosi.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Chilichimp posted:

You're a dipshit. Criticize women/minority political leaders all you want, but check your loving privilege before doing so, cuz ya might be full of poo poo.

Check your privilege before criticizing Barack Obama, Former Leader of the Free World lmao

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tekz posted:

No one's blind to it, it's the usual bad faith bullshit to drag down into the mud any discussions of terrible people in the Democratic establishment like Pelosi.

Why is Pelosi terrible again? I'm not clear on that.

Several posters have enumerated some of her progressive chops and achievements, why is she terrible, exactly?

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Ze Pollack posted:

not supporting the candidacy of a slaveholder who justified said slavery with "it's okay, they're a lesser class of human being than me": clear evidence of sexism

not supporting gloria la riva: clear evidence of Rational Centrist Thinking, Bereft Of Sexism

This is a stupid statement. Due to the realities of our electoral system, any able voter who did not vote for Hillary Clinton had a hand in electing Donald Trump. They hosed up. They made a big goddamn mistake. They need to just own it, and live with their choice instead of lashing out at Clinton.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

white sauce posted:

What privilege do you think I have??

Well, you seem to be completely adrift from reality and not tied by the burdens of logic or understanding.

So that must be pretty nice.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

silence_kit posted:

Check your privilege before criticizing Barack Obama, Former Leader of the Free World lmao

Tan Suit

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Why ‘Medicare for All’ Will Sink the Democrats

I've seen the usual suspects railing on this one lately, and while I'd like to be able to agree, I can't really say he's wrong given the history of healthcare policy. Though it's also kinda alarmist since I don't think M4A is gonna be advocated by a significant number of dems or even remembered by next year, let alone 2020.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Talmonis posted:

This is a stupid statement. Due to the realities of our electoral system, any able voter who did not vote for Hillary Clinton had a hand in electing Donald Trump. They hosed up. They made a big goddamn mistake. They need to just own it, and live with their choice instead of lashing out at Clinton.

Is this supposed to be ironic or something? The realities of our electoral system is that most votes don't matter. Most people don't live in a battleground state and if your state is 65/35 blue I don't see why you have some deep responsibility to throw a vote on top of the pile for the good slaveowner. Is this like a firing squad? We all fire the trigger at once to absolve the guilt we should feel?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Chilichimp posted:

And another thing on this loving vein that you can't seem to stop loving sucking on, this stupid bill was an attack angle Trump made on Hillary during the campaign to justify his own support of a bill that's purpose was SPECIFICALLY to punish freedom of expression.

So this whole time we've been railing on posters for piggy-backing right-wing-media talking points? Turns out you just kept repeating one until someone loving caught you doing it. So I mean :bravo:

You actually seem think a bill to punish people who burn the flag is a good thing. I don't understand the way you write sentences so correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Talmonis posted:

the argument has been made, quite persausively to my mind, that "you'll get nothing and like it, you pathetic animals, we're replacing you with suburban republicans now." maaaay have been a poor GOTV strategy

why do you expect voters to sacrifice on behalf of the democratic establishment, when its campaign made it as clear as possible it had no interest in doing so for them

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

white sauce posted:

You actually seem think a bill to punish people who burn the flag is a good thing. I don't understand the way you write sentences so correct me if I'm wrong.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Ze Pollack posted:

the argument has been made, quite persausively to my mind, that "you'll get nothing and like it, you pathetic animals, we're replacing you with suburban republicans now." maaaay have been a poor GOTV strategy

why do you expect voters to sacrifice on behalf of the democratic establishment, when its campaign made it as clear as possible it had no interest in doing so for them

Because it's HER TURN you loving racessxist

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Chilichimp posted:

And yet she still cosponsored a bill that would make flag burning a punishable offense. Are we supposed to be alright with that just because Trump used it against her?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

This is the lamest attempt at a burn I've seen in a while. Thank you for this

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

NewForumSoftware posted:

Is this supposed to be ironic or something? The realities of our electoral system is that most votes don't matter. Most people don't live in a battleground state and if your state is 65/35 blue I don't see why you have some deep responsibility to throw a vote on top of the pile for the good slaveowner. Is this like a firing squad? We all fire the trigger at once to absolve the guilt we should feel?

God you are such a piece of poo poo. Quit throwing the word "slave" around like you have any claim to that fight.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

NewForumSoftware posted:

What RWM talking points have I repeated?

Stone Cold posted:

I'm glad my quoting from the feminism thread op was useful so that you could learn!

NewForumSoftware posted:

Ahh yes the harem of bad opinions

NewForumSoftware posted:

Honestly sexual slavery is probably better than having to read your posts

NewForumSoftware posted:

Maybe you missed it but I'm not really concerned if a few internet hyperfeminists take issue with my choice of words on a comedy forum

NewForumSoftware posted:

I think the outright repudiation of PC culture is probably the best thing to happen this election

yeah look at you go you little progressive

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
seriously why would anybody think NFS is a sexist? :confused:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

botany posted:

He's still more progressive than :abuela: because he didn't vote for the Iraq war, hope this helps

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
I think the point that a lot of people are trying to make is that you can disagree with things that Clinton or Pelosi did without resorting to obscure often-right wing-inspired attacks of character, and I would also add that such lines of discussion would do a better job of persuading people who did vote for Clinton or do support Pelosi.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Motto posted:

I've seen the usual suspects railing on this one lately, and while I'd like to be able to agree, I can't really say he's wrong given the history of healthcare policy. Though it's also kinda alarmist since I don't think M4A is gonna be advocated by a significant number of dems or even remembered by next year, let alone 2020.

quote:

As a centrist Democrat, I’m scared to see my party pulled into positions that are both bad politics and dubious policy.

This person is not right about anything

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lmao I can't believe goons actually came in here trying that "pc police" "why can't I be racist/sexist" bullshit. Y'all came to wrong place 😂😂😂

Take the L move the gently caress on

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

theCalamity posted:

And yet she still cosponsored a bill that would make flag burning a punishable offense. Are we supposed to be alright with that just because Trump used it against her?

She cosponsored a bill that's stated purpose was to make it punishable to burn a flag as a means to intimidate a person or group, a la Cross Burning. This was already deemed, by the Supreme Court, as a violation of the civil rights act, so regardless of the bill never even being voted on... you can be charged with violating someone civil rights for burning a flag as an attempt at intimidation to this loving day.

But I mean please, continue to ignore context so you can repeat right-wing attacks. It doesn't prove my point at all.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

She cosponsored a bill that's stated purpose was to make it punishable to burn a flag as a means to intimidate a person or group, a la Cross Burning. This was already deemed, by the Supreme Court, as a violation of the civil rights act, so regardless of the bill never even being voted on... you can be charged with violating someone civil rights for burning a flag as an attempt at intimidation to this loving day.

But I mean please, continue to ignore context so you can repeat right-wing attacks. It doesn't prove my point at all.

are you under the impression this is an exculpatory statement

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

botany posted:

:magical:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Koalas March posted:

Lmao I can't believe goons actually came in here trying that "pc police" "why can't I be racist/sexist" bullshit. Y'all came to wrong place 😂😂😂

Take the L move the gently caress on

What does take the L mean

Is that a NYC subway reference?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ze Pollack posted:

Hate crimes vs. free speech is an incredibly difficult path to navigate and that you want to single out Hillary Clinton for not having the perfect solution to that is exactly the problem this whole conversation is about.

All of you politics experts think there's an objective right solution to everything that could just be instantaneously implemented if only females got their dirty vaginas out of the way.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Chilichimp posted:

Does flag burning have the same insidious history behind it the burning of a cross does? I don’t think it does. I can see right wingers using that law if it had gotten passed as a means to jail people who are burning the flag because they are upset with the country.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

tekz posted:

2008 still makes me mad, a moment in time that was ripe for anyone to come along and push through fundamental structural reform with popular support, which was ruthlessly obstructed and quashed by the Democratic leadership.

2008 is kind of amazing in retrospect, as Republican ideology and modern Western conservatism in general was almost empirically discredited by recent events. The financial+bank crisis demonstrated the danger of deregulating the financial industry, weakening anti-trust laws and the insanity of forcing people to rely on personal investments as their primary means to retire. The response to Katrina showed the necessity of strong and well funded government agencies to respond effectively in times of crises, and arguably the need to seriously start thinking about preparing for climate-change related sea level rise and weather. The nationalism-fueled Iraq and Afghanistan wars were generally recognized as costly disasters. The Republican party's slow embrace of white nationalism over the following 8 years was probably the only option left for an ideologically bankrupt party.

I always enjoy the polls that show young Westerners are generally ridiculously progressive compared to the general population. No kidding, they saw the complete failure of conservatism during their formative years.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

theCalamity posted:

Does flag burning have the same insidious history behind it the burning of a cross does? I don’t think it does. I can see right wingers using that law if it had gotten passed as a means to jail people who are burning the flag because they are upset with the country.

Every anti-hate-crime law can be used by malevolent actors to persecute the disenfranchised. There are BLM protestors who've been charged with lynching, for chrissakes. This poo poo is difficult and you manchildren think the only reason everything isn't perfect is because cunts and nigras are just too drat stupid to get it right.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ze Pollack posted:

The fact that the bill was attempting to put into law a thing that's already case law?
Or the fact that it was never progressed in the Senate?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Hate crimes vs. free speech is an incredibly difficult path to navigate and that you want to single out Hillary Clinton for not having the perfect solution to that is exactly the problem this whole conversation is about.

All of you politics experts think there's an objective right solution to everything that could just be instantaneously implemented if only females got their dirty vaginas out of the way.

Everything is always about sexism, huh?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Chilichimp posted:

The fact that the bill was attempting to put into law a thing that's already case law?
Or the fact that it was never progressed in the Senate?

The gently caress is wrong with your brain

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

theCalamity posted:

That's why it was never considered for a vote. It was a terrible bill, but that doesn't mean the intent of the bill was to be misused to punish free speech.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

God you are such a piece of poo poo. Quit throwing the word "slave" around like you have any claim to that fight.

Don't make assumptions, Diminuitive Dinosaur. Maybe his ancestors owned a plantation. :colbert:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Motto posted:

He's got a point that the tax bill could be problematic in terms of selling it.

But that's a salesmanship problem not a policy problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Nocturtle posted:

2008 is kind of amazing in retrospect, as Republican ideology and modern Western conservatism in general was almost empirically discredited by recent events. The financial+bank crisis demonstrated the danger of deregulating the financial industry, weakening anti-trust laws and the insanity of forcing people to rely on personal investments as their primary means to retire. The response to Katrina showed the necessity of strong and well funded government agencies to respond effectively in times of crises, and arguably the need to seriously start thinking about preparing for climate-change related sea level rise and weather. The nationalism-fueled Iraq and Afghanistan wars were generally recognized as costly disasters. The Republican party's slow embrace of white nationalism over the following 8 years was probably the only option left for an ideologically bankrupt party.

I always enjoy the polls that show young Westerners are generally ridiculously progressive compared to the general population. No kidding, they saw the complete failure of conservatism during their formative years.

Young white westerners are just as regressive as their parents. The only reason you're seeing progress in the younger generation is because your parents and grandparents didn't succeed in sterilizing quite as many of our parents and grandparents as you hoped.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Don't make assumptions, Diminuitive Dinosaur. Maybe his ancestors owned a plantation. :colbert:

As a struggling farmer I...

• Locked thread