Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Picked up Goff last week after Rodgers got hurt but he’s on bye this week. Do I hold him through the bye or just drop him?

I have to pick someone up this week to start and Big Ben was dropped. Do we trust Ben to get better going forward? Other options are McCown, Siemian and Keenum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Won this week then got Sterling Shepherd into my IR spot before Yahoo updated his status to Questionable. Feeling like a pro :coolfish:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
gently caress, there is nothing worse than being in a competitive league that you just can not figure out. Think ill give it one more go next year with some custom beersheets (and charitable donation obvs) and cut my losses :(

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Epi Lepi posted:

Picked up Goff last week after Rodgers got hurt but he’s on bye this week. Do I hold him through the bye or just drop him?

I have to pick someone up this week to start and Big Ben was dropped. Do we trust Ben to get better going forward? Other options are McCown, Siemian and Keenum.

Keenum has the Browns this week but eh Id probably go Ben. He always has AB to bail him out of a true garbage game

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Is there any thought/concern that with no QB Arizona doesn't really rush Johnson back?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Ben Nevis posted:

Is there any thought/concern that with no QB Arizona doesn't really rush Johnson back?

It really depends how Arizona does over the next 8 weeks, if they are in a position to get a wildcard spot by the time Palmer is back they will get him on the field ASAP, but Drew Stanton.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

Yea this is pretty much word for word what some posted a page or two ago.

TheZissou
Aug 23, 2006

You left your dog, you idiots!
Buddy wants to trade me Doug Martin for either Dez Bryant or Michael Thomas. I feel like I need the RB depth but not sure who is the better option to trade.
Here's my team for reference. Any advice? Non ppr league.

QB- Matt Ryan
WR1- Dez Bryant
WR2- Michael Thomas
RB1- Leveon Bell
RB2- Christian McCaffrey
TE- Zach Ertz
FLEX- Nelson Agholor

Bench
Larry Fitzgerald
Deshaun Watson
Ty Montgomery
Tyrell Williams
Kelvin Benjamin
Pierre Garcon

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I wouldn't trade either of those guys for Doug Martin

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Big night for Doctson. He played 54/57 snaps, out snapping Pryor. Not sure about Grant still. However, 40 passing attempts and again we see the TE and RB soaking up targets. 15 TE targets (10 reed, 4 Davis, 1 Paul), 7 RB (5 Thompson, 2 Kelley). Leaves 18 for the WR. 6 Crowder, 5 Doctson, 4 Pryor, 3 grant.

It's trending in the right direction, but until the rb / te contingent lose targets, I don't feel like the WRs will be consistently fantasy relevant. Especially given we usually see closer to a 50/50 run pass split.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

the_american_dream posted:

Keenum has the Browns this week but eh Id probably go Ben. He always has AB to bail him out of a true garbage game

Ben goes on Bye next week, do I drop Goff for him or keep Goff for the Bye sub in? The Rams do play the Giants that week.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

brugroffil posted:

welp I'm 2-5 despite the most points in the league so far for the season thanks to Brady's TD "pass"

Don't know why I'm bothering, but who's a better start this week/going forward, Dak or Watson?

I would just stream them based on their matchups. Or trade one.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My BML has an annoying level of parity:

Oh, I'm one game out of first place in a league that awards six playoff spots? Sounds great!
What's that? I'm on the outside of the playoff bubble? What the hell?

It's every year, too. Once it was 12 teams with four playoff spots. With one week to go, three teams had clinched and FIVE were tied for fourth place with 7-6 records. ALL of those five teams lost the finals week, wth.

Here's Sataere's waiver wire picks. Will he keep that "start Cooper" hotness going?

Quarterbacks
Running Backs
Wide Receivers
Tight Ends

Also, Spoeank's power rankings. Who does Spoeank think is the 17th best team in the NFL? Find out here! (This is what we in the business call "a tease")

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
I run a league and this trade came across my screen today

Antonio Brown for

Jordan Howard
Alex Smith
Pierre Garcon

1) These dudes are cousins
2) Team getting Antonio has Hunt/Fournette/Gordon/Ertz (Yeah this league is lovely at drafting RB's
3) Team A just traded Cooper to Team B last week, so dude would have a literal undefeatable team

I let these things go to league vote but this has to be one of the most lopsided trades I've ever seen

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Yuzenn posted:

Antonio Brown for

Jordan Howard
Alex Smith
Pierre Garcon

2) Team getting Antonio has Hunt/Fournette/Gordon/Ertz (Yeah this league is lovely at drafting RB's
3) Team A just traded Cooper to Team B last week, so dude would have a literal undefeatable team

I let these things go to league vote but this has to be one of the most lopsided trades I've ever seen

Seems fine to me. Guy getting Antonio will have good starters but if someone gets hurt he could be hosed.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RisqueBarber posted:

Seems fine to me. Guy getting Antonio will have good starters but if someone gets hurt he could be hosed.

Yup. RB1, WR2, and QB1 is a fine haul if the team needs pieces there.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Yuzenn posted:

Antonio Brown for

Jordan Howard
Alex Smith
Pierre Garcon

This seems fine, to be honest. If you post the full rosters we can better assess.

But #2 is irrelevant to whether it's a reasonable trade or not, and so is #3, unless that trade itself was suspect.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Yuzenn posted:

Antonio Brown for

Jordan Howard
Alex Smith
Pierre Garcon

This isn't that bad to be honest. I could easily see Team B being in a situation where every player they are getting for AB will start each week and outscore their replacement, thereby giving his team more points each week than if he just had AB. Howard is a Top-10 RB, Smith is a Top-5 QB, and Garcon is a decent, if not spectacular WR2-3.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Speaking of AB84, his owner in my league is 0-7 and I was thinking of floating an offer for AB. Is that a questionable move considering he is pretty much out of the playoffs at this point, unless he runs the table and the rest of his division shits the bed.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yuzenn posted:

Antonio Brown for

Jordan Howard
Alex Smith
Pierre Garcon

There’s nothing wrong with this trade. Stop being a baby.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Speaking of AB84, his owner in my league is 0-7 and I was thinking of floating an offer for AB. Is that a questionable move considering he is pretty much out of the playoffs at this point, unless he runs the table and the rest of his division shits the bed.

Do it

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MrSargent posted:

Nothing wrong as long as you are not colluding.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Yuzenn posted:

Antonio Brown for

Jordan Howard
Alex Smith
Pierre Garcon

If youre concerned about Point 1 then you shouldnt let them be in the league together.

Points 2 and 3 are none of your business.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Gobias Ind. posted:

This seems fine, to be honest. If you post the full rosters we can better assess.

But #2 is irrelevant to whether it's a reasonable trade or not, and so is #3, unless that trade itself was suspect.

Team A

Team B

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Who would be in your list of top 3 or so targets for dynasty moving forward? At 1-6 I'm pretty well done for this year. I have Aaron Rodgers on IR and plan to keep Deshaun Watson but am looking to package up some of the rest of my useful players for future considerations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's pretty sketchy that the guy traded team a cooper a week ago and is now selling him brown, but the specific deal seems fair enough.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

It's pretty sketchy that the guy traded team a cooper a week ago and is now selling him brown, but the specific deal seems fair enough.

Cooper was hot garbage until his explosion this week. Anyone and everyone was selling him for pennies on the dollar.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Yuzenn posted:

Team A

Team B

Yeah, Team A is really bad and should be starting Howard, Smith and Garcon every week. This deal is fine.

Seems like your issue is actually that Team B is stacked and you (understandably) don't like them getting better, but that's the fault of the league for letting a guy get Gordon/Howard/Fournette/Hunt.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Cooper was hot garbage until his explosion this week. Anyone and everyone was selling him for pennies on the dollar.

I more meant the two teams trading back to back weeks, then specific players involved.

I'm not suggesting a veto by any means.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

Who would be in your list of top 3 or so targets for dynasty moving forward? At 1-6 I'm pretty well done for this year. I have Aaron Rodgers on IR and plan to keep Deshaun Watson but am looking to package up some of the rest of my useful players for future considerations.

Who do you have on your team currently?

Generally you want to look for either picks (meh) or young players you're high on, preferably WRs. Maybe there are young injured WRs you have faith in (Coleman?) with competitive owners.

Honestly, it's entirely situation dependent. But in most leagues, the answer is picks and young WRs with opportunity. I mean, I assume that a Michael Thomas isn't attractive because he's contributing now to the winning team. Someone like Fuller may or may not be.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Agreed.

As with 90% of trade complaints, it's just someone being upset that their chances of winning the league just went down.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

When ARodge went down I had to do something so I traded Stefon Diggs to a team who had Carson Wentz as his backup. I could do this because I had a lot of WR talent like Antonio Brown and Tyreek Hill with good backups like Larry Fitz and Marvin Jones and even some talent getting healthy like Snead.

Clearly this week I'm happy about that although Diggs is talented if his hammy gets right.

But someone else isn't. This dude is trying to get the league to retroactively deny the trade (lol) and saying I fleeced the guy.

This is the same guy who offered me DeMarco Murray for Antonio Brown AND Alvin Kamara. :rolleyes:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kiimo posted:

But someone else isn't. This dude is trying to get the league to retroactively deny the trade (lol) and saying I fleeced the guy.

This is the same guy who offered me DeMarco Murray for Antonio Brown AND Alvin Kamara. :rolleyes:

Just reply to his outcry by posting that last line.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

When ARodge went down I had to do something so I traded Stefon Diggs to a team who had Carson Wentz as his backup. I could do this because I had a lot of WR talent like Antonio Brown and Tyreek Hill with good backups like Larry Fitz and Marvin Jones and even some talent getting healthy like Snead.

Clearly this week I'm happy about that although Diggs is talented if his hammy gets right.

This is kind of funny to me because I traded Diggs away 2 weeks ago FOR Rodgers, then when he died I saw Wentz sitting there on Waivers and snapped him up. :D

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Zauper posted:

Who do you have on your team currently?

Generally you want to look for either picks (meh) or young players you're high on, preferably WRs. Maybe there are young injured WRs you have faith in (Coleman?) with competitive owners.

Honestly, it's entirely situation dependent. But in most leagues, the answer is picks and young WRs with opportunity. I mean, I assume that a Michael Thomas isn't attractive because he's contributing now to the winning team. Someone like Fuller may or may not be.

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured.

My current roster:

Roethlisberger (last week's bye-fill-in QB)
Watson
Ajayi
Fuller
Garçon
Gore
Ivory
Lockett
Lamar Miller
Doug Martin
Alfred Morris (to sell if/when Zeke is suspended)
Jordy
DeVante Parker
Jordan Reed
TBB
Rodgers (IR)

In a perfect world I could package 2-3 players together and get an upside WR and/or draft picks. I already have an extra 2018 1st-rounder from a pre-season trade.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

This is kind of funny to me because I traded Diggs away 2 weeks ago FOR Rodgers, then when he died I saw Wentz sitting there on Waivers and snapped him up. :D

Incredible.

Also lmao this guy raising a huff just dropped Jameis Winston and is going to roll with Matt Ryan.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I have Zeke and still have DMC and Morris. Should I drop one of them? Not sure if there's anyone worth picking up right now anyway. Here's the top available WRs (non-PPR) based on rank (don't think I need any RBs):

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 24, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

KingKapalone posted:

I have Zeke and still have DMC and Morris. Should I drop one of them? Not sure if there's anyone worth picking up right now anyway. Here's the top available WRs based on rank (don't think I need any RBs):

If it's PPR, I think I'd rather have Fowler or Stills over DMC.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So Decker and Randall Cobb are probably droppable yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

pubic works project posted:

If it's PPR, I think I'd rather have Fowler or Stills over DMC.

Sorry, it's not PPR.

Mainly my question is do we not know if DMC or Morris would be the starter? I suppose I can just wait until 10/30 given the lack of strong waiver picks plus I'm 8th in line.

• Locked thread