Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Picnic Princess posted:

She's deaf and blind. Temporarily. I was in a tent once under a group of trees that got struck in the middle of the night. Couldn't see anything and couldn't hear anything but intense ringing for quite a while.

Parts Kit posted:

That happened to me a few years back when I ran to the mailbox during a break in some heavy rain. On the way back lightning hit one of our trees about 50ft away from me.

I yelled jesus tittyfucking christ at the top of my lungs. :lol:

Are we seeing different things? It looks to me like her umbrella got struck, not just something nearby, and if that's true the electricity passed through her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Besesoth posted:

Are we seeing different things? It looks to me like her umbrella got struck, not just something nearby, and if that's true the electricity passed through her.

it hits the tree behind the fence

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Besesoth posted:

It hit the tree behind the fence, she just happened to stand right in front of it.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Whew, okay. Carry on.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Besesoth posted:

Whew, okay. Carry on.
If you've got any lingering doubts you can find the full version here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM&feature=youtu.be&t=2m39s

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Parts Kit posted:

If you've got any lingering doubts you can find the full version here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM&feature=youtu.be&t=2m39s

:golfclap:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Mierenneuker posted:

I think you need a whole lot more explanation for those who don't follow wrestling. What did Jeff do? Sexual harassment? Addiction? Racist remarks on social media? Beat up somebody backstage with a chair when the cameras weren't running?

He is a non-functional alcoholic. He got sent home after a PPV in Mexico a few months ago for being drunk as hell and throwing tortillas into the crowd and he has multiple DUI's on record. This weekend he was working on a co-produced RCW/GFW show where he was again drunk as gently caress and left (probably kicked out) after the first match.

The schaudenfreude is that Jarrett is the original founder of TNA/GFW and basically conned Anthem media into purchasing GFW's worthless tape library and re-branding TNA as GFW including getting a bunch of belts produced that had the GFW logo on them. In the space of less than a year they have gone from Total Nonstop Action Wrestling to Impact Wrestling to Global Force Wrestling back to probably Impact Wrestling again.
It's basically really funny that everyone expected the new owners of TNA to not be as incompetent as the old owners and yet they're proving to be almost as bad despite not even owning it for a year.

edit: This doesn't have much of the stuff from this year since the website is prone to going down for extended periods of time but it provides a pretty good idea of how awful TNA has been.

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
I don't care what anyone says, The Final Deletion was amazing.

Of course, they've pissed that away in contract disputes, and that video will get taken down if the Hardys win the inevitable lawsuit.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

It's back! I can delete the Internet Archive link I've been using to access it to show people just how insanely stupid those people are.

edit for content:

"Soylent is fine! It's perfectly normal to not want to enjoy food and just take your nutrients in via a thin off-white liquid!"

https://twitter.com/arstechnica/status/922668413675360261

Memento has a new favorite as of 06:16 on Oct 24, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Roobanguy posted:

mocked hockey and maple syrup in the same sentence.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

imgur title was very punny: "mouse sensitivity too high"

https://i.imgur.com/nhdChlM.mp4

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Testekill posted:

He is a non-functional alcoholic. He got sent home after a PPV in Mexico a few months ago for being drunk as hell and throwing tortillas into the crowd and he has multiple DUI's on record. This weekend he was working on a co-produced RCW/GFW show where he was again drunk as gently caress and left (probably kicked out) after the first match.

The schaudenfreude is that Jarrett is the original founder of TNA/GFW and basically conned Anthem media into purchasing GFW's worthless tape library and re-branding TNA as GFW including getting a bunch of belts produced that had the GFW logo on them. In the space of less than a year they have gone from Total Nonstop Action Wrestling to Impact Wrestling to Global Force Wrestling back to probably Impact Wrestling again.
It's basically really funny that everyone expected the new owners of TNA to not be as incompetent as the old owners and yet they're proving to be almost as bad despite not even owning it for a year.

edit: This doesn't have much of the stuff from this year since the website is prone to going down for extended periods of time but it provides a pretty good idea of how awful TNA has been.

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History

quote:

The first few months of weekly PPVs featured a midget match on nearly every show. The short-lived midget division included Puppet, a psychotic dwarf who threatened to kill other midgets and once masturbated in a trash can before asking backstage interviewer Goldylocks if she wanted some of his "porridge"; Meatball, an obese midget who ate during matches; and Teo, an "extreme" midget who tried to force his way onto one of the cagedancers during PPV #5.

:stonklol:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://i.imgur.com/z6XYUGs.mp4

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Roobanguy posted:

mocked hockey and maple syrup in the same sentence.

..ICE hockey?

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

ekuNNN posted:

"In Kalinigrad, a pedestrian passed through a car standing at a pedestrian crossing, waiting for the green light"
https://weirdrussians.tumblr.com/post/166707936844/in-kalinigrad-a-pedestrian-passed-through-a-car

this is amazing

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That link is super pro-click

The Hulk Hogan Era 1.0: He Is (Not) Coming to TNA posted:

In a speech after the match, Russo came out and called Hogan "a bald son of a bitch". Hogan, despite being in on everything that night, wasn't happy with being called "bald" and filed an actual defamation lawsuit which prevented the two from working together.

My favorite is the recurrence of "TNA Never Explained This™" anytime there's a weird thing that happens that begs for an explanation.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Proteus Jones posted:

That link is super pro-click

My favorite is the recurrence of "TNA Never Explained This™" anytime there's a weird thing that happens that begs for an explanation.

One of the most flabbergasting things to me is that the company continued to exist for over a decade because it was effectively a very shiny thing to hold for the failed daughter of a wealthy family so that she wouldn't ruin their actual business in a substantial way. Then it got bought out and somehow got even dumber.

cnut
May 3, 2016

wayfinder posted:

..ICE hockey?

:argh:

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Angry Van-Damme or viral marketing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYwuxomF-F4

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
https://i.imgur.com/u0O2LvV.mp4

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
So good. Philly's prior DA sentenced to 5 years on corruption charges. The judge was not having any of his poo poo:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/crime/seth-williams-sentenced-to-5-years-in-prison-in-bribery-corruption-case-20171024.html

quote:

“Almost from the time you took office, you sold yourself to the parasites you surrounded yourself with,” Diamond said. “You humiliated the men and women of the District Attorney’s Office.”

Then, homing in on perhaps the most attention-grabbing of Williams’ crimes – his admission that he stole money set aside for his mother’s nursing home care – Diamond held back little.

Williams “dumped her like a sack of potatoes – or he washed his hands of her,” the judge said, so he could be “a high-roller at various restaurants in town.”

The judge ridiculed Williams’ request to be permitted to see his mother.

“The English language doesn’t have the words to capture the outrageousness of that request,” Diamond said. “The defendant stole from his mother, and now he wants to visit her?”

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

The best thing since sliced bread

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Phanatic posted:

So good. Philly's prior DA sentenced to 5 years on corruption charges. The judge was not having any of his poo poo:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/crime/seth-williams-sentenced-to-5-years-in-prison-in-bribery-corruption-case-20171024.html

Ah, thanks for that. I needed something like that today.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Oh my god I'm dying at the bread slice fail. A) That thing is WAY too loose with it's grippers(?). B) Why is it slicing bread that has a sticker on it? I'm pretty sure that bit in the middle that's cut like a wedge is the sticker holding the bread together.

That's juicero levels of useless.

Pook Good Mook has a new favorite as of 21:07 on Oct 24, 2017

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I honestly expected the machine to keep going and slice up itself.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I like that the guy is just saying what's on his shirt

Didn't even notice the Vols fan in the back giving the thumbs up. What a photo!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Former SS Standartenfuhrer Joachim Peiper, age 61, gives an interview at his home in Traves, France. Only two weeks later he would be found dead, his house burned. After L’Humanite, a left-wing publication, revealed the names and addresses of both French collaborators and former German officers living in France, Peiper began receiving death threats. On the 14th of July, 1976, police arrived on the scene to discover his house burned down, graffiti left on the road and Peiper himself dead.

Horsey McHorseface
Jun 5, 2017

ekuNNN posted:

Former SS Standartenfuhrer Joachim Peiper, age 61, gives an interview at his home in Traves, France. Only two weeks later he would be found dead, his house burned. After L’Humanite, a left-wing publication, revealed the names and addresses of both French collaborators and former German officers living in France, Peiper began receiving death threats. On the 14th of July, 1976, police arrived on the scene to discover his house burned down, graffiti left on the road and Peiper himself dead.

This...
I have no words.
It's simply beautiful.
:discourse:

e:(Schadenfreude is on me, I can't internet and don't know how to put a quote in a quote)

Horsey McHorseface has a new favorite as of 21:24 on Oct 24, 2017

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I don't watch wrestling but I was entertained to read that Billy Corgan was the creative somethingorother for TNA, because he hasn't done anything creatively decent for 15 years.

I remember hearing about when he was buying in and saying that he wanted to make it more serious, and tackling real world social issues and controversies.
Like midgets masturbating into a bucket

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

canyoneer posted:

I don't watch wrestling but I was entertained to read that Billy Corgan was the creative somethingorother for TNA, because he hasn't done anything creatively decent for 15 years.

I remember hearing about when he was buying in and saying that he wanted to make it more serious, and tackling real world social issues and controversies.
Like midgets masturbating into a bucket

To be fair, the dwarf stuff was way before Billy bought in. Not like the product was ever good, but it was certainly less bad right before he came on board.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Pook Good Mook posted:

Oh my god I'm dying at the bread slice fail. A) That thing is WAY too loose with it's grippers(?). B) Why is it slicing bread that has a sticker on it? I'm pretty sure that bit in the middle that's cut like a wedge is the sticker holding the bread together.

The slicing machine looks fine - it just wasn't built to handle round bread. You can see the gripping mechanism in the back that completely fails to engage because it wasn't designed for this job, leaving the loaf bouncing freely with each fall of the blade.

The schaden is on whatever dummy put their bread into the wrong slicing machine.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I haven't kept up with the wrestling world in over two years and I'm still continually surprised when I see TNA in the news and it isn't "WWE buys TNA" or "TNA finally shutting down"

TNA will somehow last longer than WCW did, despite having an eighth of the talent and resources.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Peiper

Heh, holy poo poo

quote:

Peiper was convicted of war crimes committed in Belgium and imprisoned for almost 12 years. He was accused of war crimes in Italy, but Italian and German courts concluded that there was insufficient evidence to warrant prosecution.[1]
After his release from prison, Peiper worked for both Porsche and Volkswagen, before moving to France, where he translated books from English to German under the nom de plume "Rainer Buschmann"

How ashamed should we be as humans that this guy was allowed to just go and work for Porsche and Volkswagen after

quote:

During the 1st SS Panzer Division's advance on 17 December 1944, his armored units and halftracks confronted a lightly armed convoy of about 30 American vehicles at the Baugnez crossroads near Malmedy. The troops, mainly elements of the American 285th Field Artillery Observation Battalion, were quickly overcome and captured.[78] Along with other American POWs previously captured, they were ordered to stand in a meadow when for unknown reasons the Germans opened fire on the prisoners with machine guns, killing 84 soldiers, and leaving the bodies in the snow. The survivors were able to reach American lines later that day, and their story spread rapidly throughout the American front lines.

And nowadays some people actually believe that you don't deserve to live decently or get a job because you've had a drug addiction or have something in your record. The standards have certainly been raised.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I haven't kept up with the wrestling world in over two years and I'm still continually surprised when I see TNA in the news and it isn't "WWE buys TNA" or "TNA finally shutting down"

TNA will somehow last longer than WCW did, despite having an eighth of the talent and resources.

They've already lasted several years longer than WCW.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The woman in black has a very inviting mouth.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

So is someone going to explain the vahingonilo in this one or not? I mean it's already been posted twice...

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

:chloe:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

So is someone going to explain the vahingonilo in this one or not? I mean it's already been posted twice...

That kid is being exploited for monetary gains.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

That kid is being exploited for monetary gains.

Ha ha then I guess.

Also who isn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

Voyager I posted:

The slicing machine looks fine - it just wasn't built to handle round bread. You can see the gripping mechanism in the back that completely fails to engage because it wasn't designed for this job, leaving the loaf bouncing freely with each fall of the blade.

The schaden is on whatever dummy put their bread into the wrong slicing machine.

Those bread slicers are used in German super markets offering fresh bread (as in putting prepared, frozen dough into an oven). You can select your slice thickness. This bread's crust was probably a bit harder, which along with the shaped helped it evade the claw/grippers. Those actually dig into the bread when successful.

Getting the bread into a bag afterwards is the real challenge. At least my local super market has a tray you have to balance the sliced bread on, pull a plastic bag over it, pull it off the tray without the slices coming apart and then tie the bag, because the twist ties provided are always empty.

The sticker is also just a bit of paper put on the raw dough, it easily comes off and I guess it's there to let people see the difference between loafs.