Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
There's something kind of hilarious about our teacher sneaking us free time that we use to read a completely different book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
also Makoto's definitely a robot
or a replicant
whichever

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Man, so now she's driving herself into an early grave? At what point do we finally get their names and show them the error of their ways, dammit.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Ah, right, I just remembered something about blackmail. She's paying apology money to them because she doesn't have enough spine to say no. Because she's scared that the rumours spread would take away her favourite job.

Even if the blackmail seems ridiculous, if it's enough to cow you into submission it's a success. She should've just told his guardians 'no' from the start but she was scared and dug herself in deeper.

Also, to be perfectly honest, some people in this game I wish I could just beat up. Violently. Takase's guardians are those people.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Arist posted:

I’d watch this anime, sure.

:agreed:
Is there a Shogi anime/manga by the way? I watched Hikaru no Go back in the days, I know about a fluffy Mahjong one and there was that insane one with national leaders, although I don't remember the game it used.

Anyway, Hifumi is the best and her getting into the game is simply adorable, whereas Makoto is also the best and come on, you have plenty of days if you're following a guide, you should have picked beep boop.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I should mention at this point the guide is just a vague suggestion, we are waaaaaaay off the loving rails by now.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I thought the title was just tongue in cheek, but Hifumi really would fit in very well in KaibaCorp.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Omobono posted:

Is there a Shogi anime/manga by the way?

Yes, March Comes in like a Lion.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

There are times where lightly poking fun at people is fine, that really isn't a good one for Makoto though - it's something she's genuinely concerned about, and she literally just had the issue nastily thrown in her face. Even as a joke it's pretty mean-spirited at that precise point.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Besides, the best wrong answers are actually all the "I want a different maid," "I'll tell your boss," "Give me my money back," options with Kawakami.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Got to agree, Hifumi is such a great dork, and Makoto continues to be the best. :allears:

To those who know more about art, were the comments Yusuke received actually valid, or are they just flapping their gums?

Also, maybe it's because I'm experiencing it as a screenshot LP, but I feel like Morgana is waaay too intrusive with how often he comments or asks you what you'll do next. Is he less obnoxious when you're playing the game yourself?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

DeafNote posted:

also Makoto's definitely a robot
or a replicant
whichever

Full-body cyborg, natch. When she dyes her hair purple, that'll be the big giveaway.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

amigolupus posted:

To those who know more about art, were the comments Yusuke received actually valid, or are they just flapping their gums?

I dunno about the people in the game but I really like it! I'd get a big ol' print of it if they were selling one.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

amigolupus posted:

Got to agree, Hifumi is such a great dork, and Makoto continues to be the best. :allears:

Also, maybe it's because I'm experiencing it as a screenshot LP, but I feel like Morgana is waaay too intrusive with how often he comments or asks you what you'll do next. Is he less obnoxious when you're playing the game yourself?

You generally phase him out. He only really gets annoying for things like continually asking you about Iwai's bag or for stuff like the Holy Stone where you're going, 'yeah no duh, cat.'.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

amigolupus posted:

Yusuke doesn't seem like he's actually all that creative yet, just skilled at brush technique. As evidenced by going directly into the collective unconscious to experience terrible monsters to draw from life. Especially if he's drawing what would look abstract to others from life. Maybe that will be what he learns? How to have a little more passion in his art and become excited to communicate ideas?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

amigolupus posted:

Is he less obnoxious when you're playing the game yourself?

Yeah, usually you just zone out at Morgana and tap X an extra time.

Gets annoying in the shop, though. Every time you want to sell or buy he pesters you for like 3 dialogue screens while a big fat "my guts are too low..." message pops up or w/e.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Yusuke's 'thing' is being a melodramatic, literally starving artist, who's real bad with money. The appeal rides on whether you can overlook (or forgive) how much of a creep he acted like when you first met him. I'm fond of his social link's arc but not everyone will make the same call.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Night10194 posted:

Yusuke doesn't seem like he's actually all that creative yet, just skilled at brush technique. As evidenced by going directly into the collective unconscious to experience terrible monsters to draw from life. Especially if he's drawing what would look abstract to others from life. Maybe that will be what he learns? How to have a little more passion in his art and become excited to communicate ideas?

Come to think of it, that ties in really well with an earlier scene where Ann is admiring a work of Madarame's that turns out to be Yusuke's: he has painted stuff that was considered at the level of one of the best painters in the country but the circumstances were more nuanced: he was working out of a place of gratitude but also subconciously really angry and also trying to lean into another style and he got a much better painting out of it. Now he's on his own, frustrated at being taken advantage of so he does what all young, skilled and inexperienced artists do and try to make a giant ode to some big abstract "truth" that sums up everything he's feeling, and as a result his painting is a goddamn mess (look at the ones on either side of it: they're nice and composed and have a real identity. Yusuke's painting is pretty much him clumsily throttling something and screaming. He's only 17, his life has been really shaken up in a way he hasn't quite come to terms with yet (hence why there are 7 more ranks to his social link :v: ) and in a weird way without Madarame grounding him he's kind of artistically adrift.

I'll give him credit though, getting savaged like that by a skilled professional loving hurts, especially at a young age when you're decently skilled among your peers and gotten kind of proud about it. A mere five minute breakdown is positively Herculean by artistic standards, and vowing to really improve your art instead of getting pissy or dismissive speaks a lot about his genuine passion for the craft. Yusuke's character has a bad habit of playing down the good parts of it in favour of dumb jokes (because its a Persona game what else is new) but there's some solid stuff there.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
One of the things that fascinates me about this game is how easily each of the playable characters represents a personality type in the Enneagram System. It's a fascinating way to look at a person who's originally at a lower level of development and see them reach a healthier level with the help of Maaku.

Take Yusuke for example. He's a clear type 4, known as the Individualist or the Artist. They're known for their emotional honesty and creativity, and often become moody or self-absorbed. Right now, I'd say Yusuke is around a level 4 or 5. I look forward to seeing what he looks like as a healthy Level 1.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Omobono posted:

Is there a Shogi anime/manga by the way? I watched Hikaru no Go back in the days, I know about a fluffy Mahjong one and there was that insane one with national leaders, although I don't remember the game it used.

The insane one, The Legend of Koizumi, also used Mahjong. It contains a storyline where Junichiro Koizumi, 56th Prime Minister of Japan, fights Adolf Hitler on the moon.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Omobono posted:

Anyway, Hifumi is the best and her getting into the game is simply adorable, whereas Makoto is also the best and come on, you have plenty of days if you're following a guide, you should have picked beep boop.

I recall another one that was referenced by Danganronpa was 81diver. The insane one with national leaders was mahjong where they all cheat in ways that makes Saki look legal.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine

Cyouni posted:

I recall another one that was referenced by Danganronpa was 81diver. The insane one with national leaders was mahjong where they all cheat in ways that makes Saki look legal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLq7u2dyA3k

This is the required viewing.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Legend of Koizumi is something I lack all context for except to know it exists.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I don't think there's any context you can possibly have for it. I mean, I could say it like this: What if there were a cartoon in which Bill Clinton was actually a superhero who defeated all the enemies of America, past and present, by playing high stakes poker with them? Frequently when they lost the games they would die from the sheer power of his victory, which was generally achieved by a "special move" that involved very rapidly turning a 2 into an ace by rubbing portions of the card's face off. That might be a reasonable approximation, but is it actually easier to understand?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Legend of Koizumi, the only time when Pope Palpatine was ever cool.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Funky Valentine posted:

You mean this guy?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Funky Valentine posted:

Too bad the author was super into the glorification of contemporary right-wing leaders and parroting of their talking points vis a vis the left in Japan ever taking power.

Sure, the character details in the manga was great and the mahjong action was amazing, but the obligatory right-wing slamming of Murata Renho and her strawmanned stance of shutting down the JSDF as a violation of Article 9 of the post war Japanese constitution confirmed to me the fact that the author wore his politics on his sleeve which had twigged at me for a bunch of the initial chapters, but especially when Putin showed up, plus the (admittedly awesome) portrayal of Papa Bush.

It's the same thing that took me hard out of Gate, besides that series being extremely poorly written and a failure of doing anything interesting with the author's world building.

Still, Super Saiyan Aryan Hitler on the Moon was good for a laugh.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 23, 2017

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Night10194 posted:

Legend of Koizumi is something I lack all context for except to know it exists.

Never saw it myself, but what context is even possible for a manga where Pope Benedictus XVI fights super Aryan Hitler in an high-stakes Mahjong game?

Also how the gently caress isn't the stunt in that video not ground for immediate disqualification and a lifetime ban? There's cheating, there's showing a full house of aces over aces and there's pulling a monopoly "get out of jail free" card where you scribbled "this is totally the ace of hearts" with a sharpie.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Omobono posted:

Never saw it myself, but what context is even possible for a manga where Pope Benedictus XVI fights super Aryan Hitler in an high-stakes Mahjong game?

Also how the gently caress isn't the stunt in that video not ground for immediate disqualification and a lifetime ban? There's cheating, there's showing a full house of aces over aces and there's pulling a monopoly "get out of jail free" card where you scribbled "this is totally the ace of hearts" with a sharpie.

Much like in Yu-Gi-Oh and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, cheating is perfectly fine in gambling/gaming anime as long as it's the protagonist doing it.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 25, 2017

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

W.T. Fits posted:

Much like in Yu-Gi-Oh and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, cheating is perfectly fine in gambling/gaming anime as long as it's the protagonist doing it.

But seriously though Yugi’s duel with Dio Is a sight to behold. So much vomited bullshit with the duelist kingdom rules bring lesser beings to convulsions and swearing like a sailor

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
This conversation about Yu-Gi-Oh! and DIO reminds me that there is a Yu-Gi-Oh! GX villain voiced by Koyasu whose signature card is The World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLOsSI8OhNo

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This conversation about Yu-Gi-Oh! and DIO reminds me that there is a Yu-Gi-Oh! GX villain voiced by Koyasu whose signature card is The World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLOsSI8OhNo

Oh Arcana Force monsters...you were...certainly a god damned thing...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Part 65: 7/7-7/8: Flower Power

Music: Beneath the Mask (Instrumental Version)

Kaneshiro’s deadline is drawing near. We did all we could. I hope we can avoid problems now...

Of course I am. Palaces, changing hearts… It’s hard to tell what’s reality anymore… Still, the only thing I can do now is believe.

Music: So Boring

Not like that means I’ll put up bamboo decorations and write my wish on a piece of paper though. I’m not feeling it this year. Oh, but there’s a traditional food associated with Tanabata, just as chocolate is to Valentine’s Day. OK, Hamiru-kun! What’s the traditional food of Tanabata?

Obviously.

Right. Wow. I’m kind of surprised. You actually care about seasonal holidays and stuff? Originally, in China they ate a baked good that we call sakubei in Japanese to appease demons. Over time, that pronunciation went from sakubei, to sakumen, to soumen—a wholly different food.

Maaku gains Knowledge +1.

Going with the theme of calming demons, soumen on Tanabata is sometimes called “demon guts.”

Alright, I’m way more interested now.

Go restore your strength with some seasonal food and get ready for your exams.
Oh yeah, it’s almost finals time… They start on the 13th, right? There’s less than a week left. Are you gonna be ready?

Music: Tokyo Daylight

It feels like I just don’t know anything anymore… Um, let’s talk more inside.

Music: Alright (Elp Version)

The truth is… recently I’ve started questioning the entire point of my education. What do I stand to gain from getting good grades and living up to the high expectations my sister has set for me? I spoke to Eiko about this matter as well, but the answer hasn’t become any clearer...

You don’t remember? Eiko Takao. We asked her about the job she has at the “salon” in Shinjuku.

That was like three days ago. Are you okay, Maaku? You feeling all right?

Anyway, we’ve been calling each other every so often since we exchanged contact information. Because of those calls, we’ve actually grown somewhat close. When I voiced my concerns to her, she asked me how I would benefit from going to a top university. But… I couldn’t come up with a good answer. As for Eiko, her grades are… not the best, but she claims she doesn’t even think about that stuff. Apparently her parents can use their connections to find her a job… But isn’t that a little irresponsible? It’s nice she can rely on her parents, but this is her life, not theirs. ...I guess that’s just a different way of approaching things. Even at that, her vision of the future is still clearer than mine.

...I used to think doing what others expected of me was the best way forward. I was going to major in law, just like my sister did. And after that, I would simply have headed down whatever path society had made for me...

I’ve realized now there are more important things in life than being a prim and proper honor student. Honestly, I would have looked down on Eiko’s line of thinking in the past… but I know better now.

Lately, Eiko’s been telling me whenever she buys makeup or finds a cute new outfit. That reminds me, she asked me the other day what hand cream I use. I sent her a picture… and it’s apparently the same brand they use in the nurse’s office at school.

My father used to use it all the time. ...Did I ever tell you he was a police officer? He detested the corruption in our society, and worked tirelessly to bring it to justice… But despite the rough exterior, he was extremely gentle deep down. When I was little, I told him I wanted to grow up to be a police officer, just like he was.

Are we gonna have a problem, Makoto?

He was glad to hear me say that, but quick to point out that he didn’t want me doing something so dangerous. I had completely forgotten that dream, to be honest...

…if you’re a fuckin’ snitch. Jesus christ, a whole family of pigs. I shoulda known better!

Either way, after everything that happened… I have no intention of working with the police.

Good. Let’s keep it that way.

Besides, they’re trying to stop the Phantom Thieves. What am I supposed to do, arrest myself? Hm… I think I need to reexamine what my goals for the future are, outside of just plain studying. You know, it feels like I remembered something important today thanks to you. I guess you could say my viewpoint has been broadened yet again.
I can sense a quiet resolve from Makoto...

I only just learned recently that a chemise is now called a camisole, and a button-down sweater is a cardigan...

That’s a little esoteric, but whatever.

Why does the same thing have to have multiple names…? I guess in the end, I’m just becoming more aware of how little I really know. So… please, help me keep fighting back against that ignorance. Thank you again for today. See you later.

Music: Beneath the Mask

On these irregularly broadcast specials, we share limited-edition items that are all the rage! Today we’ll be talking about Melon Pan, which is made by using lots of fresh seasonal melons! Apparently they’re the pride of Yon-Germain, the bakery over in Shibuya Station.
Oh, that looks like quite a luxurious snack. I’d love to try one next time I’m in Shibuya.

Can’t wait to take my girlfriend down there for a delicious sandwich.

Music: Crossroads

Time to reacquaint ourselves with our second favorite alcoholic.

But I guess that doesn’t have anything to do with you… Have you heard any good gossip? My deadline’s coming up, and I’m all out of material. Sit down. I’ll treat ya.
>Hang out with her
For real? From the look of it, you must have good info, huh? Give me the details about the Kamoshida incident.

So the calling card they used for Kamoshida was different… Now that’s a scoop. That kind of information usually doesn’t see the light of day. ...You have any photos or videos of it?

Sorry, Mishima!

*chuckle* But seriously, the “Phantom Thieves of Hearts”? They sound like kids on a playground, not valiant fighters for society… I mean, they act all high and mighty, but I’m not sure they’re really worth very much in the end.

Hah, that’s hilarious! You think they’re actually virtuous? In my line of work, there’s no clearer sign of deception than goodwill. You know, like the shady actions of a charitable organization, or the actual criteria of a peace prize. Same goes for the Phantom Thieves. You just have to learn to take some things with a grain of salt.

Man, Ohya, you’re really kind of a drag.

C’mon, don’t be such a downer...
Why? It’s the truth.
There you go again… You used to be so positive.

...Gimme some sushi.
We’re all out. ...Hey, why don’t you go back to covering politics?
No can do. I’ve been permanently reassigned to the culture and entertainment department.
*sigh* What a crappy company… I mean, it’s already been over a year since the incident.

Oh, by the incident, I mean--
Don’t say another word. That has nothing to do with my source.
Right, sorry...
Urgh, dammit! I’m already sobering up. Gimme a refill, Lala-chan!
...Geez, you’re such a child sometimes.

Anyway, why are you coming to a bar if you can’t even drink alcohol?

You’re a true believer in the Phantom Thieves. Well, at least now I know you’re gonna be pretty useful. I’m not all that interested in the Phantom Thieves myself, but keep the info coming, all right?
I feel like my bond with Ohya is growing deeper...

...What’s taking so long, Lala-chan!?

We’re all out of booze… A certain sloshed reporter drank it all.

Man, Lala should really have her own portraits.

Can’t you just go buy more? I’ll wait for you… forever. ♥ Just kidding! Ahaha!

I feel like my Charm has increased...

Maaku gains Charm +3.

See ya later… Don’t forget to bring me more juicy info, ‘kay?

Music: Beneath the Mask (Instrumental Version)

Music: Everyday Days

Cleaning as a way to speak to your heart… I’ve never thought of it that way… Reading this book must have taught you how to contemplate and think more efficiently, huh?

Maaku gains Proficiency +3.

And he ranks up!

Music: So Boring

This must be global warming. We are all destined to fade away like the ice at the South Pole.

This is a little fuckin’ morbid for a high school science class.

Speaking of ice, shaved ice is one of the symbols of summer.

That was certainly a segue.

Usually sold at festivals, they come in many varieties such as melon and strawberry. Hamiru-kun. Let me ask you a question. What is a common trait of almost all shaved-ice syrups on the market?

Correct. The truth is, almost all kinds of syrup have the same flavor. The ingredients used are corn syrup, fragrance, food coloring… it’s essentially sugar water. Try closing your eyes, plugging your nose, and tasting shaved ice with just your tongue. You’ll likely be unable to tell what flavor it is. That cold, sweet strawberry flavor is just a deception of summer produced by color and smell…

Maaku gains Knowledge +1.

But before you can enjoy the sweet illusions of summer, you have very real exams waiting for you. They start next week on the 13th. Well, good luck.
Less than a week, huh? Have you been studying?

You’ve been with me the whole time, cat.

Music: Tokyo Emergency

Let’s head back to the flower shop.

Music: Break it Down

Oh right, I didn’t explain things to you last time. We’ll occasionally get orders for bouquets, in which case I’d like you to pick out the flowers. I’ll vary your pay based on how pleased the customers are with what you chose… Oh, and if you get stuck, I suggest you study up with the Flowerpedia. You can do it!

The customer is looking for large, brightly-colored flowers. Pick three that fit the description.

Music: Everyday Days

This request is for large, brightly-colored flowers. I bet light colors or white would even work too. Which flower will you pick first?

Every other time you go to work at the flower shop, you’ll be asked to make a bouquet. This is why we read the Flowerpedia earlier, even if we technically didn’t need to. The Flowerpedia, for the record, shows us additional details about the flowers, like what they represent and their aromas. I don’t think the first request requires it, asking you to pick from easily identifiable traits of the flowers. If we succeed, we get a considerable pay boost and an extra point of Kindness, so we definitely want to get this right.

Okay, so Morgana says that you can pick light colors or white to fulfill this request. This is technically accurate, in that you can make that compromise once. Picking two that aren’t bright colors (like, say, light pink and white) will give you a “satisfactory” result and you won’t get the extra pay or Kindness boost.

OK, pick the second flower now.

On to the third and final flower.

There are other flowers that would have worked, but these three are fine.

The order was for large, brightly-colored flowers. Is this OK?

I hope the customer likes it...

Music: Break it Down

Well, here’s your pay for today! I gave you a little bonus because of how well you did!

Good work, Maaku-kun. Come back again when you have the time.

Living surrounded by flowers might be your true calling… and you were good with the customers too.

Maaku gains Kindness +3.

All right, we should head home.

Music: Beneath the Mask

The pictures are gone. He has no avenue to threaten us anymore. That is, if we’re able to trust what Kaneshiro said.
Don’t say such scary stuff.
We can’t relax just yet. He may still end up released from police custody...

True, there does seem to be some movement. Sis actually sent me a message saying she won’t be home tonight. There’s a chance that the police have found their breakthrough.
Ooooh, does that mean it happened!?
The timing is perfect. I guess let’s just hope for the best?
I’m gonna stay up all night watching the news to find out!

Many claim the government’s response is inadequate—this will likely affect approval ratings.
I guess that means we’re the only ones who can fight back against someone like Kaneshiro.

Time to feed the plant.

Maaku gains Kindness +3.

Music: Crossroads

>Hang out with her
Seriously, where do you get this stuff from? True believers are scary… Hey, you want a drink?

I didn’t know it was so popular with high school kids. I haven’t been paying much attention to it. But if it’s newsworthy, I guess I should keep tabs on it. The Phantom Thieves must be really bored if they’re going after small-time criminals now. I have a theory that they’re all minors, and their leader is some simpleton dying from boredom...

Plus if it only takes a second to change a person’s heart, they totally wouldn’t be bored. Well, I’m not really interested in writing entertainment articles about whatever fad’s caught on.
But they do really well, right? Some journalists who were in here seemed frustrated about that.
Journalists…? Oh, you mean Nakao and the others?

People at work call them paparazzi behind their backs… but me? I’m a real journalist!

Hey, I wasn’t looking for some kid to butt in! Entertainment articles are all about selling copies… The truth doesn’t even matter. Nobody wants to read real news...

...Never.
But at this rate, you...
If I quit now, it’d be the same as declaring my partner guilty.

That’s why I can’t quit… and why I’ll never give up.

...I mean, never mind! Hahaha! But… thanks to you, I’ve had more time to focus on my own investigation. I’m going to write an article that you’ll really enjoy! Think of it as a sign of my appreciation! I can see it now! “Exclusive: Behind the Incredible Phantom Thieves! Dial 911 for justice!” ...How’s that sound? Haha, don’t worry! I’ll take it seriously. After all… that’s what I promised you.
My deal with Ohya seems to be progressing smoothly...

I can talk with him? Really? OK, I’ll be right there. Work? Nah, I’m already off the clock. Sorry, I have some urgent business I need to attend to. Just put this one on my tab, Lala-chan. (to Maaku) See ya!

Anyway, shouldn’t you be getting home too?
I was able to pique Ohya’s interest with stories of the Phantom Thieves… I feel like my Charm has increased…

Maaku gains Charm +3.

Looks like they’re searching the premises...
Another psychotic breakdown? I can’t handle this…
Does it have something to do with those posters we saw?
Did they arrest the Phantom Thieves?

What’s going on? Are we in trouble? Join us next time to resolve the least effective cliffhanger in history!

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Arist posted:

We’re all out of booze… A certain sloshed reporter drank it all.

Man, Lala should really have her own portraits.

She really should; heck, she should have been a party member with a Persona. Drag queens need more representation in games.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Ohhh boy, I wonder if that gangster dude did the exact same our last two dudes did and all the small fry inbetween and confessed and we're off scot free

resurgam40 posted:

She really should; heck, she should have been a party member with a Persona. Drag queens need more representation in games.
I think the Yakuza series is one of the very few ones to feature them all the time?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Makoto has forgotten the key tenant of the Phantom Thieves: We Hate The Cops

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Apparently "bar mama" is typical part of any okama venues, like Crossroads here. And this rank would be why I personally love Ohya's confidant, that dogged determination.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Funky Valentine posted:

Makoto has forgotten the key tenant of the Phantom Thieves: We Hate The Cops

To be fair, I don't think she was there when it was declared Official Phantom Thieves Policy.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Addendum 5.1a: Yes, That Means Your Sister, Makoto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Ohya and Lala remind me of Maya and Ulala from Persona 2. That's probably by design.

Except Lala's the sober voice of reason in this pair. Ulala wasn't.