Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Yeah I am just getting the Loki uni, I am so glad I didn't T2 Hela like I was going to. Also, don't know if it's just me but the other guys besides Valkyrie seem like hot garbage. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hard to say anything about any of them without knowing how the skills work. Like, Hela's uniform could still turn her into a badass if it adds more iframes so I still have a minuscule amount of hope? But I'm liable to give all the unis here a pass. Maybe Hulk's if it makes him worthwhile since I don't have one already, but I too have floki and unworthy so :effort:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

NmareBfly posted:

Hard to say anything about any of them without knowing how the skills work. Like, Hela's uniform could still turn her into a badass if it adds more iframes so I still have a minuscule amount of hope? But I'm liable to give all the unis here a pass. Maybe Hulk's if it makes him worthwhile since I don't have one already, but I too have floki and unworthy so :effort:

My bar for uniform purchases is tbh pretty low. I'm usually satisfied with spending the crystals if they can take someone who would be useless and turn them into someone who can at least do some work in Shadowlands.

Some of my most valued uni purchases have been ones like Anti-Venom, Sif, Baby Groot, Gwenpool, Ghost Rider, Elsa. None of them are meta but I'm more than comfortable having them take on a SL floor, where before they'd be trash.

Hoping that there are some big boosts to Hela with her skill changes.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

All of the uniforms you just mentioned are considered really good uniforms though

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

fart simpson posted:

All of the uniforms you just mentioned are considered really good uniforms though

And what makes them great isn’t the passives so much as what they do to the skill. Which means we have no way of knowing how good these uniforms are until they get released.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I am guessing they will all be must buys just based on the increased crystal cost. Netmarble is smart enough to know that if they make them good people will buy them no matter what the cost is, where a more expensive uni for someone like Hela that doesn't make her awesome is never getting bought except by whales.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah its pointless speculating about costumes, or even characters. you cant tell anything until someone actually plays them, barring a really OP amazing passive like valkyrie's

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Game is up.
I hate that we were right...Loki hulk and Thor all 1050 on sale. Fuckin stupid.
Hulk and Thor add iframes so they're prob worth it. Loki changes quite a bit. Seems more fun.
Helas added iframes too.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Xenochrist posted:

Game is up.
I hate that we were right...Loki hulk and Thor all 1050 on sale. Fuckin stupid.
Hulk and Thor add iframes so they're prob worth it. Loki changes quite a bit. Seems more fun.
Helas added iframes too.

I've been saving up for Magneto/Phoenix, and I've got like 1600 to go, but now these costumes are up and I feel like I could turn 4 pretty trash characters in the current meta to 4 really good ones instead of getting one pretty good one, and then grinding forever to get the best character in the game. I really wish the skill preview showed damage numbers and stuff so you could actually compare improvement between the costumes. I think I'm just going to not give a poo poo and buy all of these because I haven't tier 2'd any of the X-Men anyways.

Has anyone pulled the triggers on the costumes yet and can comment about how improved Hela and Thor are? The other two look like massive improvements, but those two seem kind of hard to tell.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Thor gets some solid iframes, no idea if it will do anything for him in pvp but I think he'll dominate in SL now. Hela is the only one I have not tried out yet, her invincibility seems really short and not sure if the iframes will do enough.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

the new CTP obelisks are completely mental

holy poo poo these items

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Tom Gorman posted:

the new CTP obelisks are completely mental

holy poo poo these items

(not mine, haven't had one drop yet)

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Vodos posted:

(not mine, haven't had one drop yet)

:wow:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wow. Those only show up in Hidden Ticket stages, right? I have 130 Hidden Tickets that I've just been stashing until the next quests but I'm wondering if its worth using them to fish for those things. Then again assuming they don't go away they'll still be there whenever this is a new Quest Pack.

I really want the Thor costume but don't have near enough crystals. I'm very tempted to spend again, especially since I want Valkyrie too, but I told myself I wouldn't spend again until there were a couple of the pay characters i could grab with one purchase. So Valkyrie will have to wait until awhile or until my resolve breaks.

Anyone done the new mode yet? I don't have Thor's costume and I can't quite figure out if I can't play without it or if I do I'm just wasting time because I can't collect the prize or what.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I did 3-4 hidden routes today and didn’t have any of the new items drop. rip

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Neither did I, what a ripoff!!

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
From what Reddit is saying they really only show up in the gear chest from the store. People were spending 40+ tickets with zero, one person did 80. You can also get one from the new mode if you have whatever uni it is at a high enough rank.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I’m writing a letter to my senator right now

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

fart simpson posted:

I’m writing a letter to my senator right now

Is that wise? Trump could easily take this rng gear drop as a war declaration and nuke Korea and that would blow up Keke too

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Anyone done the new mode yet? I don't have Thor's costume and I can't quite figure out if I can't play without it or if I do I'm just wasting time because I can't collect the prize or what.

The new mode is fun but it's pretty easy. It's another daily checklist thing to do. If you do it without the uniform you can do it later if you decide to pick it up and get the first clear rewards.

No reason not to do it every day since it doesn't cost energy. I think of it as like, Villain Siege.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Nails posted:

I've been saving up for Magneto/Phoenix, and I've got like 1600 to go, but now these costumes are up and I feel like I could turn 4 pretty trash characters in the current meta to 4 really good ones instead of getting one pretty good one, and then grinding forever to get the best character in the game. I really wish the skill preview showed damage numbers and stuff so you could actually compare improvement between the costumes. I think I'm just going to not give a poo poo and buy all of these because I haven't tier 2'd any of the X-Men anyways.

Has anyone pulled the triggers on the costumes yet and can comment about how improved Hela and Thor are? The other two look like massive improvements, but those two seem kind of hard to tell.

I don't have Loki's uniform yet, but I'll say this much:

I think Hulk's is the best of the lot in terms of how drastic of an improvement it is. It's an 8/10.

Thor is a close second and gives what I figure is the same degree of boost to survivability via the skill change iframes. Straight upgrade over Unworthy. Like a 7.5 out of 10.

Hela is a lot better with the uniform. I'd say she's on par with like, a no costume Baron Mordo? Which is good, not mind-blowing, but way better than before. 6/10.

If you're committing to either Thor or Hulk I'd say they're a buy, but the uniforms themselves won't turn them into stars like Anti-Venom or Elsa. You still need to go for T2 and gear them up well.

None of the new uniforms are must haves imo. Getting Magneto and Jean will open up a lot more doors than these uniforms will.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Oct 25, 2017

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wow this cinematic battle is dumb. I don’t mind a new grind but this is just some seriously stupid mashing.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I am very disappointed in Grandmaster's model.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

*jaw drops and tongue rolls out like jim carrey in the mask*

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 25, 2017

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

and just think, to get that you just need Thor's new costume at mythic (it's a bonus reward from the cinematic battle)

Do we know if mega uni tickets are usable on these? What're the material requirements? I'm waffling between getting a couple unis and saving for black friday.

E: oh man if cinematic battle plays this mid-fight unskippable cutscene every time then I might never play it.
E2: phew, it's only unskippable the first time.

And a halloween event! http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=954793

Mega-6 for doing everything every day with very little room for error.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 25, 2017

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

So this event shop, seems like all I should care about is hidden tickets and Skurge bios, right?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

The Dave posted:

So this event shop, seems like all I should care about is hidden tickets and Skurge bios, right?

If you did everything you have exactly enough for all the rewards. Those would be the priorities if you didn't though.

Also, I just noticed that you can drop 2.5K crystals to get Valk at 6* instantly in the cinematic quest. That's... tempting. But she's mostly good for her passive which is T2 and to get that I'd still need to get a bio sub to gear her up. hm.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

NmareBfly posted:

If you did everything you have exactly enough for all the rewards. Those would be the priorities if you didn't though.

Also, I just noticed that you can drop 2.5K crystals to get Valk at 6* instantly in the cinematic quest. That's... tempting. But she's mostly good for her passive which is T2 and to get that I'd still need to get a bio sub to gear her up. hm.

Oh these aren't resetting at all?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Cinara posted:

From what Reddit is saying they really only show up in the gear chest from the store. People were spending 40+ tickets with zero, one person did 80. You can also get one from the new mode if you have whatever uni it is at a high enough rank.

Sweet, love that i wasted 20 hidden tickets.

And of course to get past the second part of cinematic battle requires the paywall character...

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

WarEternal posted:

Sweet, love that i wasted 20 hidden tickets.

And of course to get past the second part of cinematic battle requires the paywall character...

That is only for extra rewards, you can go through all the cinematic battles without the characters/costumes.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

The Dave posted:

Oh these aren't resetting at all?

I guess I dunno. Normally limit: 1 a day is distinct from limit: 1 so I assumed they'd not reset but I could well be wrong. Can't hurt to wait until tomorrow to see.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

The Dave posted:

That is only for extra rewards, you can go through all the cinematic battles without the characters/costumes.

Oh, cool. Thank you. At least there's that.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

This is the one you get for doing the Loki cinematic with a mythic uni.

Bluh. I'm likely going to get Thor and Loki's just for these. The other uni benefits are nearly as good; you'll get a piece of probaby-amazing special gear but that'll still only benefit one character...

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Looks like Jean gets stuck on the event missions and if you're not watching the game won't do any damage to the boss so I'd avoid her. Happened to me on the two latter difficulties so I don't think it was a fluke.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

The Dave posted:

Looks like Jean gets stuck on the event missions and if you're not watching the game won't do any damage to the boss so I'd avoid her. Happened to me on the two latter difficulties so I don't think it was a fluke.

Normal and Hard mode both say "immune to energy attacks", so bring your combat folks!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh, that'll do it!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
this game gets more gacha every update.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

NmareBfly posted:

This is the one you get for doing the Loki cinematic with a mythic uni.

Bluh. I'm likely going to get Thor and Loki's just for these. The other uni benefits are nearly as good; you'll get a piece of probaby-amazing special gear but that'll still only benefit one character...

how do you even get uniforms that high? The rate of exp gain on them seems so low, seems like it would take forever.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

WarEternal posted:

how do you even get uniforms that high? The rate of exp gain on them seems so low, seems like it would take forever.

It takes forever. :shrug:

Thanos is a special case because he's native T2 and needs more XP in general but I have taken him on nearly every mission since his uni came out and he is currently about 50% through legendary.

There's a mega uni ticket from the sinister 6 special mission and you get 2-6 tix once from clearing the end of Shadowlands. I assume those don't need XP? But I haven't used one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Love the new Loki uniform, so much fun to play with. Was such a bore before, haven't really done Hela too much though. Waiting to T2 her.