Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

That kid is being exploited for monetary gains.

If someone wants to exploit me by giving me a bunch of money and stuff plus paying for my college, I'd love to let them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ranbo das posted:

If someone wants to exploit me by giving me a bunch of money and stuff plus paying for my college, I'd love to let them.

ftfy

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

orange sky posted:

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Peiper

Heh, holy poo poo

How ashamed should we be as humans that this guy was allowed to just go and work for Porsche and Volkswagen after

And nowadays some people actually believe that you don't deserve to live decently or get a job because you've had a drug addiction or have something in your record. The standards have certainly been raised.

Well, he did originally receive a death sentence, but some people thought it was unfair.

quote:

Investigations were opened in the early 1950, including several Senate committees, on one of which was Joseph McCarthy, prepared to launch his sensationalist career. Receiving encouragement and information from right-wing and anti-semitic circles, MacCarthy dominated the proceedings and grabbed headlines. He was also probably encouraged by the right-wing, anti-semitic judge, LeRoy van Roden, who saw the trials as being a Jewish effort to take revenge on the Germans, and who also served on the investigating commissions.

McCarthy was a piece of poo poo, but those of us that aren't Ann Coulter can get some schadenfreude knowing he eventually got dismantled on live national TV, censured by congress, and died a couple years later due to supporting his local liquor stores too much.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Yeah you're not actually allowed to pay College Footballers. Something something tainting the spirit of the competition something I can't hear you over the sound of my private jet.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Lurkman posted:

McCarthy was a piece of poo poo, but those of us that aren't Ann Coulter can get some schadenfreude knowing he eventually got dismantled on live national TV, censured by congress, and died a couple years later due to supporting his local liquor stores too much.

too good for that garbage

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Memento posted:

Yeah you're not actually allowed to pay College Footballers. Something something tainting the spirit of the competition something I can't hear you over the sound of my private jet.

Plus, y'know, the chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The woman in black has a very inviting mouth.

Don't be weird.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Randaconda posted:

They've already lasted several years longer than WCW.
I had to double check this because I didn't believe it when I read it. Shocking.

I suppose the difference is that nobody will ever want the TNA tape library; they're basically a very slightly glorified local indie fed and they've never felt even a little like an actual national major league of pro wrestling. There have been some decent people that have worked for and in TNA over the years but generally nobody is going to be shelling out money for the ALPHA MALE MONTE BROWN DVD retrospective set.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Imagine four porta-johns at the edge of a cliff.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

NorgLyle posted:

I had to double check this because I didn't believe it when I read it. Shocking.

I suppose the difference is that nobody will ever want the TNA tape library; they're basically a very slightly glorified local indie fed and they've never felt even a little like an actual national major league of pro wrestling. There have been some decent people that have worked for and in TNA over the years but generally nobody is going to be shelling out money for the ALPHA MALE MONTE BROWN DVD retrospective set.

You’d be surprised at who’s shown up for stints on TNA. The tape library just for Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy might be worth it. Scott Steiner, Hulk Hogan, and Sting would also be good.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Jerry Cotton posted:

So is someone going to explain the vahingonilo in this one or not? I mean it's already been posted twice...

Guy got a point in the game, flipped off the crowd who supports the other team.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Peanut President posted:

Guy got a point in the game, flipped off the crowd who supports the other team.

And if I'm thinking of the right game, his team lost anyway.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

canyoneer posted:

I don't watch wrestling but I was entertained to read that Billy Corgan was the creative somethingorother for TNA, because he hasn't done anything creatively decent for 15 years.

I remember hearing about when he was buying in and saying that he wanted to make it more serious, and tackling real world social issues and controversies.
Like midgets masturbating into a bucket

He loaned them a lot of money then never got it back. you should Google the saga of him currently trying to buy the NWA. he loves wrestling but everyone that owns anything in it is a con artist.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Phanatic posted:

So good. Philly's prior DA sentenced to 5 years on corruption charges. The judge was not having any of his poo poo:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/crime/seth-williams-sentenced-to-5-years-in-prison-in-bribery-corruption-case-20171024.html

What the gently caress even is a "high roller" at a restaurant?

Woooh! Bread sticks for everyone!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

i work with a former kicker for a college football team, doing football-adjacent but non-head-whacky-whacky stuff
he said that he could feel himself becoming among the smartest ones on the team by his senior year

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

AlmightyBob posted:

He loaned them a lot of money then never got it back. you should Google the saga of him currently trying to buy the NWA. he loves wrestling but everyone that owns anything in it is a con artist.

He loaned TNA money that they knew that they couldn't pay back. They got away with not selling him the company because the courts ruled that it was a predatory loan even though TNA still agreed to the terms and are general fuckups with regards to the law.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

And if I'm thinking of the right game, his team lost anyway.

His team didn't just lose the game, it didn't score again after that single touchdown and then ate 45 points.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Gorilla Salad posted:

What the gently caress even is a "high roller" at a restaurant?

Woooh! Bread sticks for everyone!

it means buying expensive meals for yourself and others, in this case to influence them or receive bribes

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Randaconda posted:

They've already lasted several years longer than WCW.

You are technically correct, the best kind of correct!

WCW came about mostly from Georgia Championship Wrestling, an NWA branch from the 60s and 70s. At some point they changed their name to World Championship Wrestling; the WCW everyone knew from the 90s was "officially" started in 1988 with a new show after McMahon pissed off Turner for the last time.

If we want to get into semantics of names (we shouldn't though), TNA was actually NWA-TNA from 2002-04, making them the same age as WCW when it died. I'm sure they'll continue shambling into 2018, becoming Undisputed Champions of lovely Wrestling Companies.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Dude had to poop. Dude pooped.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Joeslop posted:

You are technically correct, the best kind of correct!

WCW came about mostly from Georgia Championship Wrestling, an NWA branch from the 60s and 70s. At some point they changed their name to World Championship Wrestling; the WCW everyone knew from the 90s was "officially" started in 1988 with a new show after McMahon pissed off Turner for the last time.

If we want to get into semantics of names (we shouldn't though), TNA was actually NWA-TNA from 2002-04, making them the same age as WCW when it died. I'm sure they'll continue shambling into 2018, becoming Undisputed Champions of lovely Wrestling Companies.

At least WCW climbed to unforeseen heights before they died (and wrestling as a whole never recovered from their death)

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Is the bread on its side, or are we looking down on it?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

U.T. Raptor posted:

Is the bread on its side, or are we looking down on it?

Looking down on it.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Edit: nm

shapedlikeafriend
Oct 24, 2017

plzlikeme
I should expected to see TNA/Impact/GFW when I entered the thread. Truly life's greatest mystery in terms of how on god's green earth it still limps along on shoestring budget. I don't get why they didn't just bite the bullet and sell the Broken Hardy gimmick to WWE to make some quick cash.

At least we'll always have LOLTNA as their greatest contribution to the world. Best way to kill time at work.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Lurking Haro posted:

Looking down on it.

if that was the case the bread wouldn't all fall to the bottom like it does

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I thought it was ham lol

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Crocoswine posted:

if that was the case the bread wouldn't all fall to the bottom like it does

It is at a light inclination.

Here's how it works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ynmDZNCgQ

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

acejackson42 posted:

Dude had to poop. Dude pooped.

I think that's his shoe, meaning he died.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

When you lose your shoe in an accident, it's known as a dying response.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Proteus Jones posted:

That link is super pro-click

My favorite is the recurrence of "TNA Never Explained This™" anytime there's a weird thing that happens that begs for an explanation.

Hulk Hogan claimed this post was a joke

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Lurking Haro posted:

It is at a light inclination.

Here's how it works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ynmDZNCgQ

Huh, So I just discovered I have a weird germ-o-phopia and it has to do with this previously unknown to me bread machine.

And upon review of my instant and near primal revulsion I can say in the gooniest of terms: That I like to slice my own bread, because people are filthy and just look at all the points of filth entry starting with the man picking up the bread with his bare paws to put into the machine.

Lets not even get into how this machine probably cut up some pumpernickel or some poo poo bread with caraway seeds in it, so now you have caraway or pumpernickel tainted bread.

and then his fumbling pawing to get it into the bag...shudder.

and Lurking Haro, if that was you doing a kindness and filming yourself at the bread machine. uh..good job, but use the little paper things to hold the bread you filthy animal.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

When you lose your shoe in an accident, it's known as a dying response.

The sole leaving the body. :angel:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

Huh, So I just discovered I have a weird germ-o-phopia and it has to do with this previously unknown to me bread machine.

And upon review of my instant and near primal revulsion I can say in the gooniest of terms: That I like to slice my own bread, because people are filthy and just look at all the points of filth entry starting with the man picking up the bread with his bare paws to put into the machine.

Lets not even get into how this machine probably cut up some pumpernickel or some poo poo bread with caraway seeds in it, so now you have caraway or pumpernickel tainted bread.

and then his fumbling pawing to get it into the bag...shudder.

and Lurking Haro, if that was you doing a kindness and filming yourself at the bread machine. uh..good job, but use the little paper things to hold the bread you filthy animal.

I just googled someone using the machine.
The long hook at the beginning of the video is to keep people from touching other loafs, but after that it's germ heaven.

Also what paper things? There are paperbags, but that's it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Proteus Jones posted:

That link is super pro-click

My favorite is the recurrence of "TNA Never Explained This™" anytime there's a weird thing that happens that begs for an explanation.

The craziest thing about TNA is that if you were telling people about them without showing that page or any video evidence then they'd probably say you were full of poo poo because TNA is almost impossibly incompetent. Their president torpedoed a good relationship with Spike TV by not only breaking their demand on no more intergender violence by getting powerbombed through a table (which was in fact a nice way to gently caress up her back) but by bringing back Vince Russo in secret despite being explicitly told by Spike TV that they didn't want him involved with the product.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

The sole leaving the body. :angel:

Excellent

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

KoRMaK posted:

I thought it was ham lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Testekill posted:

The craziest thing about TNA is that if you were telling people about them without showing that page or any video evidence then they'd probably say you were full of poo poo because TNA is almost impossibly incompetent. Their president torpedoed a good relationship with Spike TV by not only breaking their demand on no more intergender violence by getting powerbombed through a table (which was in fact a nice way to gently caress up her back) but by bringing back Vince Russo in secret despite being explicitly told by Spike TV that they didn't want him involved with the product.

She took the powerbomb when network suits were there, even.

No other promotion has ever done as little with so much as TNA.