Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I briefly popped in to a twitch stream showing some kind of childhood flashbacks and wow it was fuuuuuuuucked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Wolfenstein: Defeat ’em with reasoned debate
Wolfenstein: There are a lot of things you can do with a hatchet and a Nazi
Wolfenstein: A Man and His Panzerhund

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://bethesda.net/en/article/6CO5i9jTEW8yO2OukYIUMM/wolfenstein-ii-the-new-colossus-launch-details

quote:

CONSOLE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PlayStation 4 Pro
Resolution: 1440p Performance: 60 FPS (with Day One Patch)

Xbox One X
Support will be coming in a future patch to coincide with the release of the console.

PRE-LOAD TIMES

PlayStation 4
October 25, 12am midnight (all regions)

Xbox One
October 25, 12am midnight ET

PC
October 24, 8pm ET

GLOBAL UNLOCK TIMES

PlayStation 4
October 27, 12am midnight (all regions)

Xbox One

PC

DAY ONE PATCH

The Day One Patch includes a wide range of optimizations, so we highly encourage everyone to download and apply the update prior to playing the game. We anticipate the Day One Patch being approximately 5GB in size.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Misread the pre-load time as the unlock and had a WTF moment. Guess I'll get that started tonight and just have to remember to unlock the game before going to work Friday morning so it can download the patch with million other people. Somehow there's already 5GB of 'optimizations' over whatever they went gold with.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah, it does not look like they're shying away from American racism at all.

told you they wouldnt. then again, i am not looking. i dont want to be spoiled.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vadoc posted:

Wolfenstein: Defeat ’em with reasoned debate
Wolfenstein: A Man and His Panzerhund

Wolfenstein: Nazi Götterdämmerung
Wolfenstein: Making America Nazi-Free Again
Wolfenstein: 2017 Has Gone Full Godwin

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Misread the pre-load time as the unlock and had a WTF moment. Guess I'll get that started tonight and just have to remember to unlock the game before going to work Friday morning so it can download the patch with million other people. Somehow there's already 5GB of 'optimizations' over whatever they went gold with.

drat it's really nice to know timelines--even for preloads--but I hope I get my GMG key and can preload this game before it unlocks.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so is there any info out besides the basics about the dlc? the first dlc(episode zero) ships with the game apperently, but i have heard nothing about outside some art and vague descriptions.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The Episode Zero DLC doesn't unlock until November 7. Other than that there's a Challenge Mode which they haven't said anything about - might be arenas like TOB, or running through levels completing checklists, who knows.
The Enigma Codes from TNO are also back, but no info on the unlocks.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Xenomrph posted:

Wolfenstein: Nazi Götterdämmerung
Wolfenstein: Making America Nazi-Free Again
Wolfenstein: 2017 Has Gone Full Godwin

Wolfenstein: gently caress the Nazis in the eyeholes.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Wolfenstein: Yes, they are the baddies.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

The Steam pre-load is currently 259 MB for me. Anyone else having the same problem?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah, it does not look like they're shying away from American racism at all.

That's good to know. I was afraid it was just choice scenes from the game and marketing was making a bigger deal out of it than what was actually in the game. Looking forward to horrible people having meltdowns on twitter.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jimbot posted:

That's good to know. I was afraid it was just choice scenes from the game and marketing was making a bigger deal out of it than what was actually in the game. Looking forward to horrible people having meltdowns on twitter.

same. i knew they wouldn't (they are European lefties writing the game, they have no reason to soften poo poo) but i am curious how far they go. i know the ersb rating says there are racial slurs, and boobs.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

The Steam pre-load is currently 259 MB for me. Anyone else having the same problem?

Only 148mb total for me.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Vadoc posted:

This should be the winner. The way BJ delivers that line is sublime.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Wolfenstein: once upon a time in Nazi occupied America

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Wolfenstein 2: Homecoming.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Vadoc posted:

Only 148mb total for me.

Same here. I'll just put it down to magical Jewish hyper efficient data compression. Or maybe they're releasing it in parts? Who knows but they've got a few days to fix it so I'm not too worried.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I remember Shadow of War did a similar thing. I don't know if it's data compression or Steam being stupid.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Yeah same, does this mean it's going to be a while installing on day of?

Also, is it midnight release or midday?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Midnight

Unlocking will probably take several hours as it unpacks all that poo poo at the same time as everyone else and downloading extra bits.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Vadoc posted:

Wolfenstein: Yes, they are the baddies.

This gets my vote.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Thought I'd go back and play the original Wolfenstein 3D in preparation, since my only previous experience with the game was dicking around in it sporadically over the years and also watching my friend play the shareware version when I was like 12. I've never personally played more than the first few levels of the first chapter, but I decided to cut straight to the meat of the game and :siren: KILL HITLER :siren:

It was every bit as satisfying as I'd hoped it would be.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I want to kill my racist dad for killing that poor dog for no goddamn reason.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

King Vidiot posted:

Thought I'd go back and play the original Wolfenstein 3D in preparation, since my only previous experience with the game was dicking around in it sporadically over the years and also watching my friend play the shareware version when I was like 12. I've never personally played more than the first few levels of the first chapter, but I decided to cut straight to the meat of the game and :siren: KILL HITLER :siren:

It was every bit as satisfying as I'd hoped it would be.

Dude, the way he just dissolves when he dies in Wolf 3D. I've never forgotten that image.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Dude, the way he just dissolves when he dies in Wolf 3D. I've never forgotten that image.

I mean I've seen gifs of it, but nothing compares to actually doing it yourself :allears:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

King Vidiot posted:

I mean I've seen gifs of it, but nothing compares to actually doing it yourself :allears:

The slurping noise ties the whole thing together :barf:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
holy poo poo the intro to this game is loving insane. This game is not loving around when describing racism and the abuse of power.

This game is so loving amazing at setting story and theme holy poo poo.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Did you get a console copy early?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Anti-Hero posted:

Did you get a console copy early?

There's youtube of the first 40 minutes.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Early spoilers:

Who is voicing BJ's dad? He sounds super loving familiar and I can't place him.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pre-loading on PS4 :dance:

It's only 16.9 GB? Or maybe that's the initial chunk it downloads so you can start playing and then it downloads the remainder after that.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Capn Beeb posted:

Early spoilers:

Who is voicing BJ's dad? He sounds super loving familiar and I can't place him.

I don't see him on IMDB, and he really does sound familiar.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

In anticipation of the release some rear end in a top hat went full retardnazi on the steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/612880/discussions/0/1479856439020806560/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Pre-loading on PS4 :dance:

It's only 16.9 GB? Or maybe that's the initial chunk it downloads so you can start playing and then it downloads the remainder after that.

Hah, yeah there's no way it's not going to be pushing 60 gigs

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Has the steam preload started yet? Want to know if I should abuse the work connection tonight.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

man i wanna kill some loving nazis already

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

NecroMonster posted:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

NecroMonster posted:

How about this guy ?

quote:

Originally posted by Electric Gigolo:
Also remember that nearly 600,000 German people(that we know of) who were murdered and millions displaced after WWII. To this day it's still the largest ethnic cleansing of people in human history. People of German decent were murdered and pushed out of eastern bloc countries. The Polish were especially brutal.

All of this for a time was forgotten. History it seems really is written by the victors.

:commissar: