Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Leperflesh posted:

It's also worth noting that kicking takes a -2 hit bonus* while punching is +0. And punching damage is mech weight divided by 10, while kicking is mech weight divided by 5. Activated TSM doubles the damage for physical attacks.

TSM kicks are one reason why my favorite heavy IS battlemech is the Defiance. 75 tons x TSM = 15 x 2 = 30 damage, sufficient to crit or completely destroy the leg on most mechs.

*possibly there is an additional "weight class modifier" if PTN is using those rules from TacOps: an additional -2 for lights and -1 for mediums

Some quirks, like the Roughneck's very own Battle Fists, makes the modifier for a punch a -1 and not a 0, which goes a long way to making it useful again. There are also some edge cases on odd-number tonnage 'Mechs where two punches does slightly more damage. The most notable is probably at 55 tons, where two 6 point punches has a non-zero (but still small) chance of a headcap but one 11 point kick won't rip the leg off of anything heavier than 25 tons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Roughneck DSI
I think that aiming at the Wyvern IIC might be my best shot. I'll likely hang back a bit due to the accumulating damage so we don't lose the headcappers, so once we work out the conga line of death for Highway 103X (possibly leading to a zone that contains some danger), I'll drop in there. Furthest I can get is 1032 if I decide to go balls-out.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Hedningen posted:

Roughneck DSI
I think that aiming at the Wyvern IIC might be my best shot. I'll likely hang back a bit due to the accumulating damage so we don't lose the headcappers, so once we work out the conga line of death for Highway 103X (possibly leading to a zone that contains some danger), I'll drop in there. Furthest I can get is 1032 if I decide to go balls-out.

If I have the numbers right, walking to 1034 will give you 5 to hit for your Gauss, 7 for the LPL and 9 for the Magshots and ML. Running to 1032 gives you 6 to hit for the Gauss and LPL and 8 for the Magshots and ML.

E: The Wyvern gets 5 to hit on the ER Large and LRM, 7 on the ER Mediums and 9 on the SRM if you walk to 1034. Running to 1032 puts you at 6 for the ER Large and Mediums along with the LRM, and 8 for the ER Smalls and SRM. If you want to minimize your potential damage taken, walking is the better option.

The Centurion would be shooting at 5 for the PPCs and 9 for the MLs at 1035, so it looks like the best positions for you guys this coming turn will be 1033 for Frosty, 1034 for DSI, and 1035 for the Centurion.

anakha fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 24, 2017

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

anakha posted:

The Centurion would be shooting at 5 for the PPCs and 9 for the MLs at 1035, so it looks like the best positions for you guys this coming turn will be 1033 for Frosty, 1034 for DSI, and 1035 for the Centurion.

revised my orders to prioritize movement to 1035. Looking forward to pair of PPCs hitting on 5s.

Also the ML is singular. The second one is back mounted.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Leperflesh posted:

It's also worth noting that kicking takes a -2 hit bonus* while punching is +0. And punching damage is mech weight divided by 10, while kicking is mech weight divided by 5. Activated TSM doubles the damage for physical attacks.

TSM kicks are one reason why my favorite heavy IS battlemech is the Defiance. 75 tons x TSM = 15 x 2 = 30 damage, sufficient to crit or completely destroy the leg on most mechs.

*possibly there is an additional "weight class modifier" if PTN is using those rules from TacOps: an additional -2 for lights and -1 for mediums

Why isn't that the other way around? As is kicks are easier to land and do more damage. Why not one of the two?

Kicking correctly in real life is way harder then punching someone. Put the -2 to hit on punches instead!

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Affi posted:

Why isn't that the other way around? As is kicks are easier to land and do more damage. Why not one of the two?

Kicking correctly in real life is way harder then punching someone. Put the -2 to hit on punches instead!

I’d guess game balance reasons considering a missed kick has you make a pilot roll to avoid falling while missed punches have no such issue and you can take two chances to hit over a single kick.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

MadDogMike posted:

I’d guess game balance reasons considering a missed kick has you make a pilot roll to avoid falling while missed punches have no such issue and you can take two chances to hit over a single kick.

It's because punches are considered to be more powerful since you get two 1/6 chances for a headshot.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well, more powerful unless your mech has the Kickpuncher trait.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Sentinel

Hey PTN, from 2529 facing 2528, will the Mist Lynx be in my front arc, or my left?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

BANDERSNATCH

Am I able to indirect fire the LRMs at targets? I'm guessing not, but I included a contingency in my orders JUST IN CASE. If the thread gets me a good answer one way or the other, I'll amend my orders to be fully legal with the submission restrictions. Here they are for the thread:

MOVEMENT:
Turn one hex facing to face Hex 1834 (1mp)
Run forward two hexes to Hex 1833 (2mp)
Turn one hex facing to face Hex 1733 (1mp)
Run forward two hexes to Hex 1632 (2mp)

SHOOTING:
Contingency #1: If I can do indirect fire with the LRMs AND my to-hits are 10 or less (I'm new to Battletech, so I have no idea what mods, numbers, capabilities, options are available to me in this regard)
THEN: Fire 3 LRMs at the Mist Lynx
ELSE: If this is a typically disallowed contingency or too annoying to parse while doing move/fire resolution, then scrap the contingency

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Roughneck DSI
Based on numbers, I'll be heading to 1034 and firing at the Wyvern.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

mercenarynuker posted:

BANDERSNATCH

Am I able to indirect fire the LRMs at targets? I'm guessing not, but I included a contingency in my orders JUST IN CASE. If the thread gets me a good answer one way or the other, I'll amend my orders to be fully legal with the submission restrictions. Here they are for the thread:

MOVEMENT:
Turn one hex facing to face Hex 1834 (1mp)
Run forward two hexes to Hex 1833 (2mp)
Turn one hex facing to face Hex 1733 (1mp)
Run forward two hexes to Hex 1632 (2mp)

SHOOTING:
Contingency #1: If I can do indirect fire with the LRMs AND my to-hits are 10 or less (I'm new to Battletech, so I have no idea what mods, numbers, capabilities, options are available to me in this regard)
THEN: Fire 3 LRMs at the Mist Lynx
ELSE: If this is a typically disallowed contingency or too annoying to parse while doing move/fire resolution, then scrap the contingency

Someone has to spot for you, and your own shots get worse if the spotter also fires weapons, so the penalties to hit stack up really quickly. Some can be mitigated by the use of TAG, but the friendly mech with that is on the other side of the map from you. It's not really like

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Spider

Gonna jump to 1630 and try to light up the Mist Lynx if I can.

I'm reasonably certain that the Mech in 1415 won't spot me due to 1426 and 1525 being part of the Height 15 blocks of hexes for that building.

Edit: Alternately, if you guys want I can withhold fire this turn and spot for the Bandersnatch to do indirect fire with his LRMs.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 25, 2017

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I don't know that it's really worth it, I don't think those LRMs are going to make THAT much of a difference to drop a couple missiles into either of our targets

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

All right then, sticking to the original plan of jumping over and trying to zap the Mist Lynx.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Phone posting, so I can't really crunch numbers, but would jumping that far and firing two pulses into the Mist Lynx result in lower to hit numbers than spotting for the LRMs?

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

anakha posted:

Phone posting, so I can't really crunch numbers, but would jumping that far and firing two pulses into the Mist Lynx result in lower to hit numbers than spotting for the LRMs?

I can’t speak for the indirect fire, but Fits would be shooting on 12s at best with the pulses.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Mary Annette posted:

I can’t speak for the indirect fire, but Fits would be shooting on 12s at best with the pulses.

Don't forget the quirks, they help.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Generally indirect LRM fire is something you only really want to do when you have a fuckton of LRM ammo and no other targets to use it on. It's what you make use of if you have a lance of heavy LRM carriers hiding behind a hill and you really want to vaporize that guy with 300 LRMs.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

MJ12 posted:

Generally indirect LRM fire is something you only really want to do when you have a fuckton of LRM ammo and no other targets to use it on. It's what you make use of if you have a lance of heavy LRM carriers hiding behind a hill and you really want to vaporize that guy with 300 LRMs.

Yeah, in my brief research on this (reading the first couple results of a google search), that's more or less what was recommended. Also, it's based off my move, the target's move, and the spotter's move, with a +1 penalty thrown in on top of all other normal conditions. So rough back-of-napkin calculations based on vague info, I think indirect LRM support fire on either target it looking at 11s to-hit either target at the absolute most generous, and I'm pretty sure it's in actuality 12s or higher as I'm currently phone-posting and can't reference the map easily

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Snake Pit 11

“Ah, drat,” Chinpira Watanabe cursed as the manlike Wyvern launched itself into the air. Its jets carried it up and back, until it vanished behind an office building. It hadn’t gone unscathed, a geyser of water rose between the splayed fingers of the arm it’d left laying in the street. The fallen limb had burst a hydrant, and was deflecting most of the spray into corner square.

“We finally found a smart one,” Saiko “Abramov” muttered bitterly. She sounded injured, and it took an effort of will for Chou Watanabe not to ask after her health. She didn’t need to be outed as a Yakuza princess in the middle of battle. Besides which, he told himself, she seemed more angry that her Roughneck was too slow to pursue than she was about the angry orange pockmark in her transplex canopy. The Clanner’s laser hadn’t penetrated, but it must have come drat close. “I thought all these horsemen had their brains surgically removed.”

“Not all of them, it seems,” Watanabe twisted. With his BattleMech’s thumb he sketched the hiragana for ‘comical’ in the air in front of the Quickdraw’s chest. Haragei wasn’t always so literal, but BattleMechs couldn’t make facial expressions. Yet.

Kono manuke gaki me!” Saiko roared, “get after him before he calls all the Horses in the city down on our heads!”

Shooting Phase
Roughneck DSI (Player)
- Delays Turn

Roughneck 3A (Player)
- Fires PPC at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Leg (12/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires PPC at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (9/14 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (16/21 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (12/17 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Laser at Wyvern IIC: Target out of range!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 36!

Bandersnatch (Player)
- Unable to indirect fire, no spotting orders received
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Centurion (Player)
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC w/PPC Capacitor (charged) at Wyvern IIC (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 6, hit Right Arm (0/14 armor, 6/7 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Wyvern IIC (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wyvern IIC (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 29 heat, sinks 30!

Mongoose (Player)
- Holds fire!

Hitman (Player)
- Holds fire!

Sentinel (Player)
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Mist Lynx (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, hit Right Leg (0/5 armor, 0/6 structure remaining)! Leg blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (6/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Mist Lynx (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Leg Center Torso (1/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Mist Lynx (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, hit Head (6/9 armor remaining)! Pilot hit!
- Gains 7 heat, sinks 20!

Spider (Player)
- Primary target already destroyed!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 23!

Charger (Player)
- Primary target already destroyed!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 24!

Quickdraw (Player)
- Fires medium laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (17/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires medium laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 11, hit Left Arm (4/14 armor remaining)!
- Fires medium laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires medium laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires medium laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires medium laser at Wyvern IIC (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 23 heat, sinks 36!

Von Rohrs (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 32!

Roughneck DSI (Player, Delayed)
- Fires Gauss Rifle (Clan) at Wyvern IIC (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 5, hit Left Arm (0/14 armor, 0/7 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Left Torso (13/17 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser (Clan) at Wyvern IIC (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 6, hit Left Arm Torso (3/17 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser (Clan) at Wyvern IIC: target out of range!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wyvern IIC (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (7/17 armor remaining)!
- Fires Magshot Gauss Rifle at Wyvern IIC (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Magshot Gauss Rifle at Wyvern IIC (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 12, hit Left Arm Torso (1/17 armor remaining)!
- Fires Magshot Gauss Rifle at Wyvern IIC (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (4/7 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Magshot Gauss Rifle at Wyvern IIC (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (14/21 armor remaining)!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 22!

Mist Lynx
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2929!
- Fires Ultra AC/2 (Ultra) at Spider (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 5 enemy movement = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Spider (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 5 enemy movement = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 8 heat, sinks 20!

Wyvern IIC
- Fires ER Large Laser at Roughneck 3A (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (21/31 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Roughneck 3A (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (20/27 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Roughneck 3A (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 10, hit Head (2/9 armor remaining)! Pilot hit!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 20!

End Phase:
Wyvern IIC
- Critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 5, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 12, succeeds!

Roughneck 3A (Player)
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 6, succeeds!

Map Link

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
Half-Blind – Enemy scout units are marked by blips, they are patrolling along set paths. If line of sight is established the players have 3 turns to destroy enemy scouts, or two turns to destroy enemy Star Commanders before reinforcements are summoned.

Primary Objectives
- Find and Destroy enemy command post (0/1)
- Evade or Destroy enemy scouts (7/8)

Secondary Objectives
- Destroy alerted enemies before they can call for assistance
- - Wyvern IIC (0 turns remaining)

This Turn's Betting Pool Points
[n/a]

Leaderboard
- Gun Jam - 12 points
- TheParadigm - 4 points
- Goatface - 4 points
- Raverrn - 3 points
- jng2058 - 3 points
- Scintilla - 1 point
- Farraday - 1 point
- LegendairyBovine 1 point
- Ardlen - 1 point

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 25, 2017

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Quickdraw

Clutch shooting by the Sentinel.

Frosty might have LOS on the Wyvern if it runs 6 hexes north, otherwise, it's up to the Spider and myself to put that thing down.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He could have headcapped them, as is worthy of the 2/2 cadet.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

anakha posted:

Frosty might have LOS on the Wyvern if it runs 6 hexes north, otherwise, it's up to the Spider and myself to put that thing down.

It does not.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

drat, PTN. I know I've been playing catchup, but you didn't have to take the Von Rohrs off the board. :(

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

raverrn posted:

drat, PTN. I know I've been playing catchup, but you didn't have to take the Von Rohrs off the board. :(

I must have accidentally turned that layer invisible in GIMP (every unit is its own layer), it's fixed.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Active Camouflage Stealth Mechs.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
0 turns remaining on the Wyvern? Does that mean it already got out a message?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Artificer posted:

It means it's in the process of sending. Basically if you kill it this turn you're taking it out right as the pilot is opening the comm channel.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Dumb question: can SRMs be fired indirectly, or can only LRMs do that?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

non-Streak SRMs don't have any guidance, and Streaks require a lock to fire.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Artificer posted:

It means "kill it this turn" because it's transmitting in the end phase.

I was chatting with Jade Star on Discord, and this is just a casual reminder to all experienced BattleTech players that Ironhold Battle Armor exists. That unusual feeling you are experiencing is indeed rage.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

It means "kill it this turn" because it's transmitting in the end phase.

I was chatting with Jade Star on Discord, and this is just a casual reminder to all experienced BattleTech players that Ironhold Battle Armor exists. That unusual feeling you are experiencing is indeed rage.

That's the one with dual ap gauss and enough armor to take an ac20 to the face, isn't it?

e: QUAD ap gauss, fire immunity and enough armor to survive a heavy large laser. Or dual, no fire immunity and jump 2.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 26, 2017

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Spider

Okay, so that means the only ones who can possibly fire on the Wyvern this turn are the Quickdraw, the Mongoose, the Hitman, myself and anyone with LRMs that Indirect Fire on the Wyvern provided someone acts as a spotter for them.

I'm thinking I should jump to 1425, which puts me adjacent to the Wyvern, and withhold fire so I can act as a spotter to let the Bandersnatch and Charger can rain LRMs down on it while the Quickdraw, Mongoose and Hitman get in short range and just unload as much firepower as possible into that thing.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Zaodai posted:

non-Streak SRMs don't have any guidance, and Streaks require a lock to fire.

That's a Mechwarrior conceit. SRMs and LRMs are both guided (this is why SRMs can use Artemis IV, and have/had Dumbfire ammo). MRM and Rocket Launchers are the only missile system which isn't guided. The Streak difference is that Streak missile targeting systems are really, really good, and the weapon is designed so that it doesn't fire unless it 'knows' from the targeting telemetry that the missile will hit.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Spider

Okay, so that means the only ones who can possibly fire on the Wyvern this turn are the Quickdraw, the Mongoose, the Hitman, myself and anyone with LRMs that Indirect Fire on the Wyvern provided someone acts as a spotter for them.

I'm thinking I should jump to 1425, which puts me adjacent to the Wyvern, and withhold fire so I can act as a spotter to let the Bandersnatch and Charger can rain LRMs down on it while the Quickdraw, Mongoose and Hitman get in short range and just unload as much firepower as possible into that thing.

Oh yeah, forgot about our scouts. Both the Hitman and Mongoose can close to short range on the Wyvern. Should be pretty safe for them since the Wyvern will the the lowest to hit numbers on me.

I'm definitely going to run to 1225 and melee with the Wyvern since I'm still pristine and can take some hits. Firing all MLs and kicking means more potential damage, but 4 MLs plus punching means more chances for crits since the Wyvern's torso armor is somewhat shot up. What does the thread recommend?

E: also, what would be the to-hit numbers for the Bandersnatch and Charger if the Spider spots for their LRMs?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

W.T. Fits posted:

Spider

The Hitman does have a TAG with accurate weapon perk btw- He's the best spotter by far.

Since indirect fire has a lot of stuff to account for, here's what it uses to calculate hit chances:
+1 for indirect fire
Range from you to target (as normal)
Your movement
Target movement

If the unit spotting has TAG and hits with it, then no additional penalties are added.

If the spotting unit does NOT have TAG and fires weapons while spotting, an additional +1 to the LRM attack is added, as well as a +1 to the spotting unit's attacks.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

BANDERSNATCH

If I'm doing the math right, then standing still (and the spotter landing a TAG) will result in 7s to-hit, or 8s if the spotter borks up. If I walk forward to 1530, then the scenario becomes 6s and 7s. Are those calculations right? Also, if we paste this Clanner this turn, we are incredibly fortunate not only for him not getting the message out, but also because all his friends are behind buildings blocking LOS to him, which will hopefully lead to a very confused "wtf, he was fine 10 seconds ago"

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Seconded, Hitman can spot for free, and both the Charger and Bandersnatch should be able to reach the sweet spot of LRM range at a walk.

Spider, I'd recommend 1424 instead of 1425, the Wyvern's front armor is already shot up, plus you'll be able to melee from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
If the Hitman takes 0925 that puts it in ideal position to hit with it's TAG while staying just out of range of the 3 hex weapons on the Wyvern. You can run further, but you're just getting a +1 to hit in exchange for worse shot on your very important TAG, and putting you in range of a bunch of critseekers with an open section.

• Locked thread