Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Berseria is a really good game though. I like it when somebody says Artorius is the only thing standing between the people and a demon apocalypse, Velvet is like gently caress that guy I'm gonna kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Eleanor is good because she's a dopey sweetheart and gets in passive aggressive fights with Velvet over how the group should raise their crime child.

Also it's cool when you get a good handle on the combat and realize why exactly everyone is terrified of Velvet.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

This is literally the first thing I've seen about Metal Gear Survive since that one trailer.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/922992424401514496

Preorder this game you know nothing about!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

is that game not f2p lol

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Aww poo poo, 4!!! metallic survival scarves. Just take all my money konami.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

eizen's good because he nerds out over archaeology and then gets owned by eleanor

He just gets irritating because our if the group he tries to act the most mature yet he's also the most "gently caress you I won't do what you tell me" out of all of them.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Phantasium posted:

This is literally the first thing I've seen about Metal Gear Survive since that one trailer.

Bets that it has a battle royale mode now?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

maybe they'll patch one in later, konami seems perpetually a couple years behind

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

homeless snail posted:

maybe they'll patch one in later, konami seems perpetually a couple years behind

Probably less a patch and more paid dlc.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
why release it as dlc when you can make it a whole new $60 game

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The Colonel posted:

why release it as dlc when you can make it a whole new $60 game

Okay, but digital only, discs cost money. Throw in another two metallic survival scarves if you have the original if we need to sweeten the deal.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Cowcaster posted:

sure, it's a little thing called OUTSIDE
I played this game today, it's a little too spooky for me

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

Yea this will almost definitely be a disaster. I can't wait.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Olive! posted:

I played this game today, it's a little too spooky for me

wait til you get to the level with the jump scare when a drunk leaps out of the bushes as you're doing 60 on a dark highway

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
One of my favorite commands in video games is the "examine" button in Raw Danger when you're playing as the taxi cab driver. Sure, you've got a dedicated shout button, but the shout button takes a backseat to the cab driver's examine noise because every time you examine something as him, he just shouts "WHAT'S DAT!" and then a text bubble appears describing whatever he's examining.

My favorite part is when he examines a toilet so he goes "WHAT'S DAT!" and then the text pops up saying "This toilet is very clean and tidy."

It is funny and makes me laugh welp that's my story thanks for reading

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

glam rock hamhock posted:

He just gets irritating because our if the group he tries to act the most mature yet he's also the most "gently caress you I won't do what you tell me" out of all of them.

I mean his entire creed is "I DRIVE THE loving BOAT THAT IS MYSELF"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

chumbler posted:

But do you know why birds fly?

the birds chirp, i sing

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I wish the HD remake of Constructor wasn't apparently balls garbage. :(

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Never said this before but...I do NOT want that Metal Gear game, no.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm still looking forward to metal gear survive and I do not care if it's the Wrong Opinion, I'm gonna buy it and not even to spite other people like some weirdos here do

edit: I am not going to pre-order it though because they haven't shown off nearly as much actual gameplay of the thing as it'd take to sway me to do that

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

I'm still looking forward to metal gear survive and I do not care if it's the Wrong Opinion, I'm gonna buy it and not even to spite other people like some weirdos here do

edit: I am not going to pre-order it though because they haven't shown off nearly as much actual gameplay of the thing as it'd take to sway me to do that

I mean I guess if they actually tell me what it is I may be more forgiving but...gross...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The evil within was actually CJacobs.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
MGS5's gameplay and combat were fun as hell why wouldn't I want more of that

edit: And in fact one of the common complaints about MGS5 is that it gives you these awesome gameplay mechanics and then hardly any actual reason or purpose to put them to use for, so a game with a much narrower scope but with different goals and the same general gameplay is like exactly what I wanted

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 25, 2017

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

MGSV (its not 5!!) was good you're right, don't see what that has to do with the base building zombie horde mode game tho

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In that case I posit that MGS5's directionlessness made it way less good than it could have been, and including an open world (or at least, one so large and disconnected) was a mistake that cost the game a lot of resources that could have been used to tighten the focus and really polish it. I don't think that polish would have resulted in a zombie horde mode base building game, but I'm not complaining, I like zombie horde mode base building games.

edit: And from the few previews we've seen, Metal Gear Survive takes place in MGS5's open world so they didn't get rid of it or anything, I'm hoping that the shift in gameplay goals and tone results in an actual reason to glance at Random Roadside Base #224512 even if it's just to shoot crystal zombies there.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 25, 2017

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

homeless snail posted:

No PC version either. MGSV did well on Steam.

Then again, they might not have the staff for it. They closed down KojiPro LA.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

5 has come 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CJacobs posted:

I hope its good. I want MGSV multiplayer but thats not happening, i hope the tacked on stuff doesnt suck

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

whoops wrong thread

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 25, 2017

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

speaking of bad games, the animal crossing phone game with crafting, timers, and microtransactions, yikes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A bad phone game???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I played through all of underhand last week, good phone games are possible!! well I mean it was a bad and underdeveloped ripoff of reigns but it was okay

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I actually like super Mario Run a lot but it was a complete commercial failure because they had the audacity to charge money for a video game. Also the always online part sucks

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

an animal crossing where you get to do things for a bit then sit around for the rest of the day, oh no

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

another good phone game that I like is Miracle Merchant, and also a couple other games from that guy. and I'm just now realizing that all of these phone games I like are card games

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

played some density 2. seems ok, guns feel very halo which is weird coming from me because the last halo I played was 2. got to hang out with some friends from my college days i've stayed in touch with but don't usually get to play games with, so that was nice. party size being 3 is kind of annoying. well, goodnight

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Now that Destiny can be played with KB+M I can agree that shooting the guns feels good

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
AC Switch will have to be a leap forward. Pocket Camp's feature set is very impressive.

homeless snail posted:

speaking of bad games, the animal crossing phone game with crafting, timers, and microtransactions, yikes

It'll be Free to Play Give Tom Nook Real Money Money So You Can Take Part in Middle Class Conformity.

In Training posted:

I actually like super Mario Run a lot but it was a complete commercial failure because they had the audacity to charge money for a video game. Also the always online part sucks

I have a feeling Super Mario Run was supposed to be F2P until late in development. It has a lot of the typical F2P hooks but most of the content is locked behind a price wall.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

CJacobs posted:

In that case I posit that MGS5's directionlessness made it way less good than it could have been, and including an open world (or at least, one so large and disconnected) was a mistake that cost the game a lot of resources that could have been used to tighten the focus and really polish it. I don't think that polish would have resulted in a zombie horde mode base building game, but I'm not complaining, I like zombie horde mode base building games.

edit: And from the few previews we've seen, Metal Gear Survive takes place in MGS5's open world so they didn't get rid of it or anything, I'm hoping that the shift in gameplay goals and tone results in an actual reason to glance at Random Roadside Base #224512 even if it's just to shoot crystal zombies there.

So opinions on Fortnite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Motto posted:

an animal crossing where you get to do things for a bit then sit around for the rest of the day, oh no
more like sit around for 72 hours if the build timers in the direct are any indication... OR give tom nook his fuckin money

• Locked thread