Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

VietCampo posted:

So Decker and Randall Cobb are probably droppable yeah?

I'd say so, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
:frogsiren: kicker chat

Legatron owners who are you going with this week? A lot of sites are saying Forbath but I remember reading somewhere Cle is a bad target since they give up so many tds not many fga against them

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

KingKapalone posted:

Sorry, it's not PPR.

Mainly my question is do we not know if DMC or Morris would be the starter? I suppose I can just wait until 10/30 given the lack of strong waiver picks plus I'm 8th in line.

It is a mystery

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Okay couple things i need some help with. I'm shuffling around my bench, would you use a waiver claim(currently 5th) on any of these guys? and also who else would you grab once waivers clears?

WR: AB84, Fat Kelvin, Thielan
RB: Zeke, Fournette, Marlon Mack, Smallwood
TE: Gronk, Olsen (IR)

Thinking Golladay, Maclin, and Corey Davis?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

KingKapalone posted:

I have Zeke and still have DMC and Morris. Should I drop one of them? Not sure if there's anyone worth picking up right now anyway. Here's the top available WRs (non-PPR) based on rank (don't think I need any RBs):

I mean, how are you doing in that league? Playoff position, don't need any emergency adds to survive this week's byenado? Why not wait it out one more week and see how it all shakes out. I mean, you've held on to all three for this long, if you're solid then finish strong.

If you need to fill in a flex or something, Schuster. I couldn't tell you which Dallas backup to drop, though.

the_american_dream posted:

Legatron owners who are you going with this week? A lot of sites are saying Forbath but I remember reading somewhere Cle is a bad target since they give up so many tds not many fga against them

Dude, flip a coin. It isn't worth the stress. Life is too short and meaningless to spend time worrying about bye week kickers.

My Football FAABsurdity FAABsolutely FAABulous report. It's about orphans.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
Hi fantasy idiot here: Is DeAndre Hopkins likely to get shut down by Seattle? I feel like that's a spot where I'm going to end up with less than a point and would be better off starting a lesser player this week. I'd start my other good receivers, except they both seem to be stuck on putrid offenses at the moment. So I'm leaning toward two TEs, something I don't think I've ever done before. If Sanders is good to go I'll probably swap him for Cohen

Roster (Active/Relevant Players)
Current Starters:
Mike Evans
Nelson Agholor
Devonta Freeman
Alvin Kamara
Jason Witten
Tarik Cohen
DeAndre Hopkins

Bench:
T.Y. Hilton
Emmanuel Sanders (Q)
Hunter Henry

Standard scoring

Milovan Drecun fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 25, 2017

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

1 PPR league. I'm looking to upgrade my RB2 spot from Duke Johnson (RB11). I'm strong at WR (Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry, Corey Davis) and I'm considering packaging Duke plus one of my WRs to try to trade to a team that has a good RB and not much else. I'm willing to overpay a bit but would it be too much of an overpay to do something like Duke + Fitz for Chris Thompson (RB7)? Palmer's injury has me a little pessimistic about Fitz's prospects ROS. Other possible trade targets include Hyde, Fournette, Gordon, possibly Freeman (is Freeman even an upgrade right now?).

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 25, 2017

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Milovan Drecun posted:

Hi fantasy idiot here: Is DeAndre Hopkins likely to get shut down by Seattle? I feel like that's a spot where I'm going to end up with less than a point and would be better off starting a lesser player this week. I'd start my other good receivers, except they both seem to be stuck on putrid offenses at the moment. So I'm leaning toward two TEs, something I don't think I've ever done before. If Sanders is good to go I'll probably swap him for Cohen

Roster (Active/Relevant Players)
Current Starters:
Mike Evans
Nelson Agholor
Devonta Freeman
Alvin Kamara
Jason Witten
Tarik Cohen
DeAndre Hopkins

Bench:
T.Y. Hilton
Emmanuel Sanders (Q)
Hunter Henry

Standard scoring

Dont sit your studs. I get that Seattle is a great defense, but the Texana currently have the best offense in football, are getting their best lineman back, and had an extra week to plan for this game.

Speaking of hopkins I was offered a trade today in .5ppr.

My Watson and Kelvin Benjamin for
His Hopkins and Mixon

My other qb is Cousins. My current rbs are Howard, Peterson, Gore, Henry. My Wrs are Jeffery, Fitz, Benjamin. I feel like I take this, use Mixon as my rb2 the wr/qb tradeoff seems like a wash if not slightly in my favor.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Yeah don’t sit Hopkins against Seattle, if anything Watson will force feed it to him.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
Cool, thanks guys! I appreciate the reasoning

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Drunk Nerds posted:

I mean, how are you doing in that league? Playoff position, don't need any emergency adds to survive this week's byenado? Why not wait it out one more week and see how it all shakes out. I mean, you've held on to all three for this long, if you're solid then finish strong.

If you need to fill in a flex or something, Schuster. I couldn't tell you which Dallas backup to drop, though.

Dude, flip a coin. It isn't worth the stress. Life is too short and meaningless to spend time worrying about bye week kickers.

My Football FAABsurdity FAABsolutely FAABulous report. It's about orphans.

Ooh it definitely does when I'm on a 4 game losing streak in my bml. Besides there is a small method to choosing kickers. You should look into it, it can be a niche you can master perhaps to drive clicks to your site :)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ooh it definitely does when I'm on a 4 game losing streak in my bml. Besides there is a small method to choosing kickers. You should look into it, it can be a niche you can master perhaps to drive clicks to your site :)

I do kicker projections every week. You can find them here: https://www.random.org

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Fair enough guys lol. Im just saying when you're on a losing streak you tend to look at minutiae and I'm sure I'm not the only one looking at replacement kickers

And hey if you actually did do a piece on kickers I would've checked it out!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Frustrated posted:

Dont sit your studs. I get that Seattle is a great defense, but the Texana currently have the best offense in football, are getting their best lineman back, and had an extra week to plan for this game.

Speaking of hopkins I was offered a trade today in .5ppr.

My Watson and Kelvin Benjamin for
His Hopkins and Mixon

My other qb is Cousins. My current rbs are Howard, Peterson, Gore, Henry. My Wrs are Jeffery, Fitz, Benjamin. I feel like I take this, use Mixon as my rb2 the wr/qb tradeoff seems like a wash if not slightly in my favor.

That's a mash for me.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Fair enough guys lol. Im just saying when you're on a losing streak you tend to look at minutiae and I'm sure I'm not the only one looking at replacement kickers

And hey if you actually did do a piece on kickers I would've checked it out!

Honestly, I kind of agree that there is a marginal benefit to evaluating kickers. The problem is I get a greater benefit from my burgeoning alcoholism. One day, I hope to combine the two. It probably won't be this season though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I literally just pick up whoever yahoo projects to score more points

or I don't, if I forget

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Will Lutz all day errday

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Butker for that K1 name game.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

You guys holding the Jags D/ST through the bye? I have them on a 6-1 team and am considering it, but the bench is tiny so I’d probably have to drop DeVante Adams.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

:lol: it’s a Kicker. Just pick one. Pick the highest ranked one if you want to feel clever.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Don't worry American Dream I get what you're saying, everyone else is just being lazy.

The Vikings/Browns game is in London this week so I'm not entirely sure if their field is reliable or not, but I'd definitely check that just in case.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

tonic posted:

You guys holding the Jags D/ST through the bye? I have them on a 6-1 team and am considering it, but the bench is tiny so I’d probably have to drop DeVante Adams.

I am. I've got a couple of nobodies I can drop. So I'll be grabbing the Bengals.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

tonic posted:

I'm holding them but it only will cost me a Goff (bye-week filler). No major loss.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

tonic posted:

Yep, I am, and actually don't have a super easy drop (but it's a shallow, small league). Bengals and Eagles were available, went with Eagles.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

My Jags D/ST, kicker, and single IDP are all on bye and I only have one easy drop on my bench. I'm thinking of using my drop to pick up Goff to cover Brady's bye next week (my opponent next week is exactly the type to cock block me on that if I don't do it ahead of time). I'll probably just go without a D/ST in my lineup this week.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

You're forgoing points this week to maybe prevent forgoing points next week? :psyduck:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Spoeank posted:

You're forgoing points this week to maybe prevent forgoing points next week? :psyduck:

It would be like 6 or 7 points in what is a cupcake matchup this week. I'd rather set myself up with a decent QB for next week as I'm playing possibly the best or second best team in the league, a guy I always relish beating but who has a great team every year. Outside of the playoffs that's the one game I circle on the calendar.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Man with the way DET's defense has been doing, i was surprised they were available in both my leagues where i need a defense. This is the week they get 45 scored on them and score -3. Sorry goons

Have they just been incredibly lucky? or are they legit

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

IcePhoenix posted:

Don't worry American Dream I get what you're saying, everyone else is just being lazy.

The Vikings/Browns game is in London this week so I'm not entirely sure if their field is reliable or not, but I'd definitely check that just in case.

Thanks man. Appreciate the actual feedback in this thread where we go over random people doing random poo poo where our only control is studying opponents, player skills, and conditions hoping for the best

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 25, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thanks man. Appreciate the actual feedback in this thread where we go over random people doing random poo poo where our only control is studying opponents, player skills, and conditions hoping for the best

The best part is that immediately after shouting you down for daring to ask about a kicker we shifted into a discussion about a one week defensive fill-in

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
That and by a few who are attempting to start a fantasy site who are "lol" in for a rude awakening if they dont think there are a lot of people who do find every position important enough for insight on and how providing such insight could differentiate them from the 6 bajillion other fantasy sites out there even if it is just random bullshit

Especially those just starting to play FF

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

VietCampo posted:

Man with the way DET's defense has been doing, i was surprised they were available in both my leagues where i need a defense. This is the week they get 45 scored on them and score -3. Sorry goons

Have they just been incredibly lucky? or are they legit

They are probably going to go back to the norm on takeaways and tds, but their schedule from here on out is pretty fantastic.

That and by a few who are attempting to start a fantasy site who are "lol" in for a rude awakening if they dont think there are a lot of people who do find every position important enough for insight on and how providing such insight could differentiate them from the 6 bajillion other fantasy sites out there even if it is just random bullshit

Especially those just starting to play FF

I don't know what you want. There is nothing besides common sense and random for kickers.
Heres the order of kickers to choose:
Tucker, Pats Kicker, Saints Kicker, any team that scores a lot kicker, teams that score a decent amount kicker, teams that dont score much kicker, browns kicker

Tyree fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 25, 2017

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

There's actually projected to be lots of bad/windy weather this weekend, so you can gain an edge streaming the right kicker.

edit: and DST

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 25, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

on the bored wop posted:

It would be like 6 or 7 points in what is a cupcake matchup this week. I'd rather set myself up with a decent QB for next week as I'm playing possibly the best or second best team in the league, a guy I always relish beating but who has a great team every year. Outside of the playoffs that's the one game I circle on the calendar.

More power to you then and best of luck, but unless the other guy is literally not setting his lineup this week, I'd win the matchup in front of me first. I'm sure there's another bench player you could drop, or do a twofer to clear a roster spot.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Tyree posted:

I don't know what you want

This

AnacondaHL posted:

There's actually projected to be lots of bad/windy weather this weekend, so you can gain an edge streaming the right kicker.

edit: and DST

I mean poo poo its not that big a deal Ive taken out kickers and put in a flex spot in the league I commish but dont treat me like an idiot for asking especially when "random, flip a coin, sort by highest projected" can apply to literally every position in this stupid game. I know a lot of goons had Legatron and if one chimed in about "hey im going with this guy during the bye because,( reason)" was all I was looking for or my post just ignored

Now im done ive posted way too much about kickers :lol:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

im holding the rams dst through the bye and got the bengals and i think i might hold both the rest of the year since roster moves cost money and they pair up really well with matchups. that's my dst story

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I am using Hauschka because he is good, the Raiders defense is bad, and I don't have any Bills on any of my teams.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm playing in two leagues and neither one has kickers and this is the best way to play fantasy football.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I just had to drop five players to make room for the byepocalypse week one :eyepop: (we have 3 WR, 2 flex and 6 IDP slots)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

tonic posted:

I am. They're the top defense by a ways and everyone else is either dead or garbage.

• Locked thread