Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Beasteh posted:

Boy I sure am glad that being an early 2015 player means I have the fond memories of spunking all that mythril on 0/11 :yum:

:same:

also an endless parade of 1/11 SSB's after G5*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The spear itself also has a splash of MAG, for whatever reason. I don't think anyone actually uses Gordon for his black magic access for this to ever matter but it's there.
112 mag, 174 with synergy. Afaik it's only really useful for Cid Raines and Ashe unless you're doing a mage Leon gimmick or something.

EDIT: oh! Onion Knight too

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i think the lesson to be learned here is just don't pull on banners or play the game or you'll regret it somewhere down the line when things are better and/or brought back

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Nihilarian posted:

112 mag, 174 with synergy. Afaik it's only really useful for Cid Raines and Ashe unless you're doing a mage Leon gimmick or something.

Lunafreya could probably use it too if she ever gets added to the game.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i think the lesson to be learned here is just don't pull on banners or play the game or you'll regret it somewhere down the line when things are better and/or brought back

I think that it's fair to argue that a literal chance of pulling nothing was kinda bad and lovely, and in no way comparable to anything afterwards.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Attestant posted:

I think that it's fair to argue that a literal chance of pulling nothing was kinda bad and lovely, and in no way comparable to anything afterwards.

i agree it sucks/sucked and i personally feel a little miffed that they did the renewal dungeons having been a dutiful month one player but its the cost of playing the game at its current point in time, whatever that may be

on a side note i am thankful we have JP version to roadmap many of our decisions because it could be much worse

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

Yeah when I pulled Hope's OSB last month, I was excited to throw it on Raines for some holy carnage, until I saw that it was a thrown weapon and now it's a mostly useless stat stick.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Guardian Mog is cool and good

Saved my bacon when Bismarck when in his nutso phase after RW wall wore off. The final blow actually came from a lifesiphon as Kain didn’t finish it with his BSB. He certainly was going to get an attack off before Yshtola got her Asylum off and Eiko had no more SB built up.

I did get Enki from this mess of a fight, though!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Best time I've got so far. What's good magicite? I've been equipping Bismark but idk if it's good.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Best time I've got so far. What's good magicite? I've been equipping Bismark but idk if it's good.

Read this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/71mq6p/a_guide_to_3_offensive_magicite_decks/

Basically, 3* ones that boost element offense and provide stat buffs or imperils.

Enkidu is easily the best for general purpose use because it's an insta-cast 40% HP AoE heal + esuna that anyone can use.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not really mad about renewals massively privileging people who started in the past year, but it would've been cool to get some kind of bone for having an older account like 1 mithril for every event you'd already cleared the mithril from or something for a net of probably one 11-pull.

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

Mithross posted:

But think of all the life experience you have that other players will never get. They will never know that pain, and it makes you a better person

Thanks for making me feel better. I appear to have started playing at exactly the event the renewals started. I have a few 60stam battles to complete per realm but no mythril to be found.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

on a side note i am thankful we have JP version to roadmap many of our decisions because it could be much worse

Playing JP is sometimes a case of "OH poo poo WHY DID I SPEND ALL MY MYTHRIL LAST EVENT THIS ONE IS SO MUCH BETTER". You learn to either shrug and wait for the relics to return or to be very cagey about spending mythril.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Huh, we're getting one of those Bra Bra events finally, I guess.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Bard Banner isn't that bad, they stuck Onion BSB on it. No LMR which is an odd choice. Oddly enough, it makes the banner a no pull for me with too many dupes, but it's honestly pretty nice.

Edward USB - MAG, RES & MND +30% for 25s, Haste & Magical Quick Cast 2
Mog USB - ATK, MAG, & MND +30% for 25s, Quick Cast 3
Kefka BSB2 - 8 Random Target Dark/Bio Attacks, Attach Dark and Burst Mode
  • CMD 1: 2 ST Dark/Poison Attacks, Stack Madness (max 3), cause Madness (-10/20/30% MAG) to enemy based on stack
  • CMD 2: 3-6 ST Dark/Poison Attacks, damage and hits scale with Madness stack.
Eiko BSB
Cait Sith BSB
Edward BSB
Kefka BSB1
Onion BSB
Cait Sith SSB2 - 8 ST White Non-Elemental Attacks, Party Crit +50%
Mog SSB
Edward SSB

The easiest way to think of Kefka's BSB2 is like a magical Squall BSB2, but with a MAG debuff attached. Not bad with easier sources of cast time buffs for magic like Allegro con Moto.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 25, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Eh, Onion BSB is bad because it replaced the more potentially useful Mog/Echo BSBs. ATK/MAG buffs are pretty common now and Onion will clash with Fabula Raider.

I'm waffling on the pull - both USBs would be fantastic, but I'm not sure if I can budget a pull for it.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
What happened to the daily quests? I loved those.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Noel BSB on the dollar pull. Ok.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
It's really weird they didn't put any Echo stuff on there. There are so few opportunities to put Echo stuff in Global, and they squander this one? She's missing like two BSBs by this point that she had in JP.

Captainsalami posted:

What happened to the daily quests? I loved those.

The way it worked in JP is that they got it for a week or two as a "Beta" or trial period thing, then it went away, then it came back as a permanent feature. It'll probably work the same way in Global.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
They datamined another BRA BRA banner that features Mog and Deuce's USB, so they could be staggering the new relics to one of the other BRABRA events? Echo BSB could be on the way along with Edward and Mog's LMRs.

I feel like the only reason Mog BSB isn't on there is because it's a rod, and not an instrument or armor.

Edit: Whoops, it was Mog and Deuce, not Edward.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 25, 2017

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Got 100 myth set aside for the pull, myself. Ed USB/BSB are top prizes to me, Mog USB also is cool. Eiko/Kefka1/OK are dupes, but I don't care, rest is worth my time.

Also, first sub-30! Vs Bismarck
Rapha, 99, fully dived, Shellga, Hell Lightning, BSB, Gathering Storm RM
OK, 99, entrust bot + VoF, Dr Mog's Teachings
Shantotto, 99, partially dived, Chain Thundaga, Sudden Thunder, Mako Might
Desch, 98, partially dived, wrath, battleforged, BSB.
Rosa, 99, partially dived, wrath, Ace Striker, USB.

Various defensive magicite, 88 Hydra Main. That Hydra got the killshot at 28.5 when I got freaking pixel'd.

Thinking that Chain Thundaga'll be much better for Rapha, since Shantotto never cast it and HL is slow as hell feeling even with TGCid Mode.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Huh, doing the FF12 stuff I just randomly encountered the 5 mandragora on an unmarked dungeon node. Random encounter boss?

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I'll pass on the BRA BRA banner, but it does look nice. Gonna blow all my mythril on Noctis' drat LMR.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Are people looking at future stuff, or are there banners up that I can't see?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Bruceski posted:

Are people looking at future stuff, or are there banners up that I can't see?

The info seems to have come from a datamined announcement for tomorrow.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
How long was the gap between the 3rd Anniversary and the FFXII Larsa banner?

I'm trying to work out how much mythril to save.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ceaselessfuture posted:

How long was the gap between the 3rd Anniversary and the FFXII Larsa banner?

I'm trying to work out how much mythril to save.

Three weeks. The timeline went Anniversary End -> FF9 Freya/Beatrix event -> FF5 Kelger/Xezat event -> FF12 Vayne/Larsa event.

Keep in mind, though, that that is 1) six months away and 2) global has been a lot more open about rearranging event order nowadays. The banners usually stay fine, but they might push your favored event ahead, or backwards, meaning you don't have the same timeframe to save mythril that you are expecting.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

When is Wall next expected to show up on a banner? A friend of mine got into the game several months ago but has been unable to push beyond the 140-180 range due to not having Wall and also holding few hastegas. (He's managed to coast for a while on Yshtola's BSB, yet Nightmares of all things were giving him trouble.)

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

NGDBSS posted:

When is Wall next expected to show up on a banner? A friend of mine got into the game several months ago but has been unable to push beyond the 140-180 range due to not having Wall and also holding few hastegas. (He's managed to coast for a while on Yshtola's BSB, yet Nightmares of all things were giving him trouble.)

In a some months when Tyro USB3 comes. I think about five?

In the mean time it would be probably best to direct him towards good native hastega effects instead, and RW wall instead. Unless something strange happens and we get a global exclusive banner with a wall on it somehow.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Oct 25, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so is this bard banner good if i dont have literally a single item on it. i'm up over 200 mithril now with the renewal banners a little less than half done and i decided there are too many dupes on xv renewal for me to pull on that (and with airstep sword and noctis lmr already along with iris' moogle i think i already have the good stuff)

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

so is this bard banner good if i dont have literally a single item on it. i'm up over 200 mithril now with the renewal banners a little less than half done and i decided there are too many dupes on xv renewal for me to pull on that (and with airstep sword and noctis lmr already along with iris' moogle i think i already have the good stuff)

If you need a faithga, it's a pretty godly banner.

KataraniSword posted:

Three weeks. The timeline went Anniversary End -> FF9 Freya/Beatrix event -> FF5 Kelger/Xezat event -> FF12 Vayne/Larsa event.

Keep in mind, though, that that is 1) six months away and 2) global has been a lot more open about rearranging event order nowadays. The banners usually stay fine, but they might push your favored event ahead, or backwards, meaning you don't have the same timeframe to save mythril that you are expecting.

Good point. Also, that FFV event looks amazing too. Bleh.

Where does Kelger stack up in the Shadow/Edge hierarchy?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Depends on how many entrusts ShEdge get over him

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

ceaselessfuture posted:

He doesn't. No doublecast.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ceaselessfuture posted:

He doesn't get a doublecast Ninja LM2, so strictly worse.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I was farming up mythril in one of the 13 dungeons and got a system error crash in the game and it still keeps happening when I load the game even after a reboot. :(

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Randabis posted:

I was farming up mythril in one of the 13 dungeons and got a system error crash in the game and it still keeps happening when I load the game even after a reboot. :(

People in discord report the same issue.

Apology mythril ahoy!

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

So Kelger's 30% Quick Cast 3 is trash?

Randabis posted:

seems like it's back up now! I had JUST refreshed with mythril so I was a bit miffed.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Do we have anymore events coming up where we can farm Greens? My huge stockpile is starting to run out.

Also is Zack's CSB coming up on any future banners? It's something I'd like but I'd rather not take a swing on the FF7 renewal banner or some poo poo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Do we have anymore events coming up where we can farm Greens? My huge stockpile is starting to run out.

Also is Zack's CSB coming up on any future banners? It's something I'd like but I'd rather not take a swing on the FF7 renewal banner or some poo poo.

Pray we get the super fest banners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

It's extremely likely we'll get some kind of Fest in December, though I'd expect it to be some weird mutation of the Super Fest banners.

• Locked thread