Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Saw a MAGA hat in the wild today at a restaurant. Hadn't seen one for a while. It's nice of them to let you know in advance to avoid interacting with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Kumo posted:

thanks for that lol cuz jesus gently caress the Senate just voted 50 - 50 with Pence breaking the tie to mandate binding arbitration instead of allowing class action suits against banks & financial companies

so in 2011 & 2013 SCOTUS decided in two cases that arbitration agreements in contracts were ok, now they are loving everywhere & basically limit your ability to sue an ever-increasing number of entities. companies like them because they don't have to worry about some local jury buying some sob story in podunk county, and they can route cases to arbitrators who usually find for the defendants; if they choose to even bring them at all. Basically another way to kill the plaintiffs bar by turning the individual's due process rights into some fakakta Orwellian nullity.

The kicker is one of the guys responsible for cooking up this scheme used to work for Discover Bank, and his name is John G. Roberts Jr.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/01/business/dealbook/arbitration-everywhere-stacking-the-deck-of-justice.html

hosed. Didn't Canada or some other more reasonable county rule that citizens are unable to waive constitutional protections under any circumstance? So you can sign a contract where you waive your right to court, and it's a real contact, but you stl have the right to regular legal remedy?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fuckin' oligarchs. the only cure for them is the guillotine.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Great so now my phone will have a clause where they won't steal my dick pics but because it has to go through an arbitrator they get to choose if they do steal my pics, well. What a strange coincidence I was ruled against.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Kak posted:

I thought I was having a fever dream last night and imagined this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9qv8RSreIM

why is it 40 dollars

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
$46.85 with shipping (please allow up to 6 weeks)

Les Os posted:

why is it 40 dollars

The mouth is an rear end in a top hat, stunning attention to detail

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
Trump is a garbage bag popping with gut, a slimy poo poo from a starved bear, a bad father and husband and alone!!! gently caress yeah gently caress you Trump! hahaha!

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
Alternatively, he is loving every minute of it because, as it turns out, if you want to play the presidency like a reality show, you do you!

Svensken
May 29, 2010

The Guardian article posted:

Michael Bloomberg: Brexit stupidest thing any country's done besides Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/24/michael-bloomberg-brexit-is-stupidest-thing-any-country-has-done-besides-trump

I love how, any time from now on you want to refer to something as dumb, you'll have to add that qualifier.

"You dunking your hand in that vat of acid it's the dumbest thing anyone's done since that one time Donnie put his dick on a meatgrinder!"

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Kak posted:

I thought I was having a fever dream last night and imagined this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9qv8RSreIM

Trumpy Bear, loves to play golf all day and endorsed by Army Veteran Frank Warholic.

I clicked Order Now, genuinely expecting to be redirected to The Onion then I remembered what timeline we're now in.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Roll back all the things! Thread moves fast, can't remember seeing this though.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2017/10/21/notebook-afn-delegates-set-native-agenda-politicians-talk-about-trump-climate-alaska/

quote:

They brought up Obama administration actions that they said hurt Alaska, such as a block on the King Cove-Cold Bay road through the Izembek National Wildlife Refuge, Sullivan said.

On each one, Trump asked Zinke: "Can we change that and help Alaska?"

Trump thought of one on his own. Wasn't the name of a big mountain in Alaska changed by executive order? he asked, referring to Denali, the former Mount McKinley named for the president from Ohio.

"Lisa — Sen. Murkowski — and I jumped over the desk. We said no, no!" said Sullivan, who is originally from Ohio.

Why? Trump asked.

"The Alaska Native people named that mountain over 10,000 years ago," Sullivan said he told him. "Denali, that was the name."

THE RAGGY
Aug 17, 2014

For fucks sake let me have my bubble of insulation from Brexit, and poo poo on trump.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Photo of the Russian flags being thrown at Trumpiod

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Viruswithshoes posted:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Sid Vicious posted:

Thank you for my new background image

:lol:

I'm not sure what to say.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Viruswithshoes posted:

No guillotines voted 1

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Viruswithshoes posted:

I'm the ominous plastic mummy in the back

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Svensken posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/24/michael-bloomberg-brexit-is-stupidest-thing-any-country-has-done-besides-trump

I love how, any time from now on you want to refer to something as dumb, you'll have to add that qualifier.

"You dunking your hand in that vat of acid it's the dumbest thing anyone's done since that one time Donnie put his dick on a meatgrinder!"

He's wrong though. Unless Trump manages to start a nuclear war, Brexit is far more stupid.

2 scoops is around for 8 years, tops. But thanks to half our country being ignorant and gullible xenophobes Brexit will be loving us in the long term.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

unpacked robinhood posted:

that's mitch mcconnell

Caufman
May 7, 2007

I'm Alfred Hitchcock with glasses.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Viruswithshoes posted:

they could've thrown a bomb and his reaction would've been the same

and his last thought would be TRUMP!

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

He's wrong though. Unless Trump manages to start a nuclear war, Brexit is far more stupid.

2 scoops is around for 8 years, tops. But thanks to half our country being ignorant and gullible xenophobes Brexit will be loving us in the long term.

I'm glad brexit exists because it gives me, as an american, something to look down on the way the rest of the world looks down on us. But then i remember our president couldn't even pretend to care about US citizens dying due to his own incompetence and I start drinking again.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Don Gato posted:

I'm glad brexit exists because it gives me, as an american, something to look down on the way the rest of the world looks down on us. But then i remember our president couldn't even pretend to care about US citizens dying due to his own incompetence and I start drinking again.

ENJOY, WE!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

thats no mummy thats senator mitch mcconnal

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Mitch McDonnal

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Trump would've given that shoe a thumbs up as it hit him

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lol they're introducting new dumbass ultra stringent security measures for flights to the us, thanks to an eo by donnie

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Viruswithshoes posted:

I still can't believe those cartoon soot explosion circles around his eyes are real, not a joke, and that he thinks they look good.

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

alphabettitouretti posted:

Lol if you belive Trump is only causing short term damage

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

Trump would've given that shoe a thumbs up as it hit him

And he would have been right for the first time

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Indy posted:

Yeah while Donny blunders around and gets into twitter fights, education and the EPA are getting hosed up hard in the background by his people. Doesn't get much more long term than that(until he nukes someone obviously).

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Indy posted:

No it is are country witch is dumberer!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

bloom posted:

Yeah while Donny blunders around and gets into twitter fights, education and the EPA are getting hosed up hard in the background by his people. Doesn't get much more long term than that(until he nukes someone obviously).

Just another glorious day under Republican regime, comrade :tif:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
what does the future even look like anymore? orwell had no clue about the real horrors we'd create. globochem industries owns your dna, can and will terminate your life contract at will, and wittle your loved ones claims to your ashes in arbitration without breaking a sweat.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

what does the future even look like anymore?

The piss tape on loop on a dying smartphone. It's owner shielded it from some of the radiation in a final embrace.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

The piss tape on loop on a dying smartphone. It's owner shielded it from some of the radiation in a final embrace.

The survivors will carve it into stone

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/923149793974775810

:gay:

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

I've seen high school nerds with more self esteem than this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/923147501418446849

Donald "Too busy to watch TV" Trump once again sharing his favourite lines from Fox News.