Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I may actually be am mistaken... I'd forgotten that my first "renewal" had a double auto pay discount baked in - and the payment history in the account shows neither that nor taxes and I didn't use a calculator, etc.

But they did fail to charge me taxes (PST or GST) on my initial 2x3 months so I was already primed to assume they're doing things weirdly!

James Baud fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

shoot me a message

Sent.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

According to people on Red Flag Deals Chatr is increasing every retention plan from Mobilicity by $5 on their 1 year anniversiary:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/mobilicity-chatr-merge-2026967/78/

I'm just shocked, shocked I tell you.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

DariusLikewise posted:

If they are selling a service in BC that is to be used in BC they should still have to charge PST no?

that's a fight for the local provincial tax auditor - except if they don't have a bc office, it becomes a logistical nightmare for the local government. A very expensive fight that they might loose.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Anyone in the know made an Asurion claim on an S7 lately? A girl at Koodo told me when I asked a couple months back she had heard of a couple people who made claims and they had no stock and so they got S8s as replacements. I called and of course they had mine in stock, its only the back thats cracked so I sat on it for now, not paying $79 just to get a refurb of the same poo poo back.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Has anyone had problems lately with MMS on Rogers? My buddy and I (both Rogers, both new/good phones, both on LTE) don't seem to be able to consistently/reliably send MMS, SMS works fine.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

CLAM DOWN posted:

Has anyone had problems lately with MMS on Rogers? My buddy and I (both Rogers, both new/good phones, both on LTE) don't seem to be able to consistently/reliably send MMS, SMS works fine.

lol, since day # 1.

You can try putting in the MMS info manually: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/rogers-mms-settings

See if that helps.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

lol, since day # 1.

You can try putting in the MMS info manually: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/rogers-mms-settings

See if that helps.

loving Rogers. I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
What's the current hotness in cellphone unlocking sites? The Koodo roaming plan change has relatives calling me and eBay is too scary for them.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Scudworth posted:

What's the current hotness in cellphone unlocking sites? The Koodo roaming plan change has relatives calling me and eBay is too scary for them.

Can you stall until December 1st? It'll be free from the carriers.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

CLAM DOWN posted:

Can you stall until December 1st? It'll be free from the carriers.

The fools arranged travel plans before that, like fools.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I've literally never had a problem getting an unlock code off of eBay

Also, using eBay is probably a shitload safer than entering credit card details on some random unlocking site.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Has anyone (outside of SK/MB) tried to upgrade their phone with Koodo while on the SK/MB plan? It looks like the online checkout flow will just let me upgrade the phone, they'll ship it out, start charging the tab. I haven't done it yet so I haven't completed the flow. Are they going to ask me to change plans?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Pivo posted:

Has anyone (outside of SK/MB) tried to upgrade their phone with Koodo while on the SK/MB plan? It looks like the online checkout flow will just let me upgrade the phone, they'll ship it out, start charging the tab. I haven't done it yet so I haven't completed the flow. Are they going to ask me to change plans?

As long as you still have a 306 number or whatever Manitoba uses, you should be fine

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Godinster posted:

As long as you still have a 306 number or whatever Manitoba uses, you should be fine

lol no

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
If I never hear another Koodo ad again, I will die happy.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
We have all the coverage of the big guys, but they don’t want you to kno..... 🙄🙄🙄🙄

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nitr0 posted:

We have all the coverage of the big guys, but they don’t want you to kno..... 🙄🙄🙄🙄

1) I hate that line and those ads so much
2) since when do emoji work in SA posts?! 😮😮😮

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
KooooooooDOOOOUGGHHH

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
YOU loving ARE "THE BIG GUYS", YOU'RE GODDAMN TELUS

JESUS

... Sorry for the yelling. Koodo irks me.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

ok but i get 5gb and nationwide for $58 tax-in on a major network :o

anyhow i found out that if i start a tab with Koodo i lose the 10% no tab discount, which is worth a shitload more than their stupid tab is, so i will not be upgrading my phone through koodo

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Koodo was pushing that deal on me too but I like my public mobile 4gb+ontario talk/text for 40 bucks.

I didn't know the discount ended if you go on tab with them, gently caress that I'll just buy a phone.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

JohnnyCanuck posted:

YOU loving ARE "THE BIG GUYS", YOU'RE GODDAMN TELUS

JESUS

... Sorry for the yelling. Koodo irks me.

All the “cheaper” subsidiaries do it lol. Koodo/Telus. Fido/Rogers. Virgin/Bell.

mewse
May 2, 2006

With MTS being bought out by Bell, are there any decent deals from Bell subsidiaries that would use MTS's entire network now? Looks like virgin mobile has $48 for 5GB. Oh god it might charge for texting tho. I'm on a Fido Manitoba plan so I might be sitting pretty.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
I get a $150 credit if I buy a phone from Koodo's online store, but their online selection seems to be complete trash right now. Anyone know if they'll refresh to a newer model of Moto G any time soon?

Paccione
Aug 17, 2003

The most famous shot in the history of television
My wife got a new employer and they no longer provide a phone.

She barely breaks 2G/month. What is the best deal right now? I haven't looked for a plan since Public Mobile 12G/$120/3 months plan awhile ago...and I can't add another sim to that account :(

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

If freedom mobile doesn’t work then I’d guess the current public mobile plans are probably still the best unless reliability or timely support is important.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Still PM. I just got the GF to switch over with me to Koodo as she was paying 97 bucks for 1gb with Telus for some reason, she got the $55 for 1gb plan but they tacked on an extra gig for 24 months, dunno if that was part of the referral deal or not. Was told at the kiosk to wait for black friday, although he said she can easily switch to whatever they are offering then online

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Hey everyone, good news!

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/925508674579296257

Oh wait, that's three companies in a completely different business, never mind.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Not sure how bread of all things is the highest priority as far as price fixing goes in Canada.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Frank Dillinger posted:

Not sure how bread of all things is the highest priority as far as price fixing goes in Canada.

Lol seriously. Don’t look into cellular or gas prices, competition bureau. Take on something you can win :P

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

mewse posted:

Lol seriously. Don’t look into cellular or gas prices, competition bureau. Take on something you can win :P

I think Canadian Cellular skirts it by not directly colluding, but more of a "race to the top."

They all throw stuff against the wall independently, but when something sticks everyone else suddenly "aligns with the competition" and does it as well.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Considering that the 40/mo public mobile plan is considered a screaming deal by Canadians tells you just how hosed Telco pricing is right now.

Christ I used to have a plan with rogers when the iphone 3g came out, $60 for 6gb/unlimited talk+text. I think that plan would go for close to double that now, if not more.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

MA-Horus posted:

Considering that the 40/mo public mobile plan is considered a screaming deal by Canadians tells you just how hosed Telco pricing is right now.

Christ I used to have a plan with rogers when the iphone 3g came out, $60 for 6gb/unlimited talk+text. I think that plan would go for close to double that now, if not more.

Plans in Canada is that line from 1984 about how the ration of chocolate has been increased from thirty grams to twenty.

Rogers delenda est

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Frank Dillinger posted:

Getting a bakery dept head from your local grocer to spill the beans for a warrant is a tad easier and more realistic than getting program designers for a major telecom to do the same.

But don't let me get in the way of a canadian complaining about the gov' focusing on one thing at the expense of another.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Any opinions about Chatr? It never seems to be mentioned. I've had the $25 province wide calling + 100 texts plan for a year now and I'm pretty happy with it, it's actually cheaper than a landline phone and I'm old so I don't text anyway. (I didn't bother with a data plan because there seems to be plenty of free wifi all over town if I need it.).

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

Public is doing another "deal" with referral bonus of 1Gig/1Gig. (ie: Referrer and referal each get a bonus 1G of data). Maxing out at 5G of bonus data. This is on top of the $1/mo credit too.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Sharing-is-Caring-Give-a-Gig-Get-a-Gig/m-p/196981

Of interest - if you have a plan without data - you will get 1G of LTE data (applied to both parties).

So $25/mo unlimited talk+text, becomes a $25/mo, talk+text+1Gig data plan. Which is selling from PM for $35/mo.

Edit: Actually, the way this is worded - you can end up with a $18/mo 5gig plan if you refer 5 people and add $2 autopay credit.
Edit2: Dammit, if someone is signing up, PM me.

unknown fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 8, 2017

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

It's a 1gb "add-on" pack, once the 1gb is used up it does not reoccur.

ColonelMoutard
May 24, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

It's a 1gb "add-on" pack, once the 1gb is used up it does not reoccur.

Yeah, I got that text too. Would've been all over this if it was recurring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unknown
Nov 16, 2002

well then - that is much more Canadian! If it was recurring, that would have been a phenomenal deal. What was I thinking? :eng99: